Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Going Back

Hello everyone
I myself am like Aimee, I started WW in Jan 2004 weighing in at 209 lbs and set a goal of 135lbs, I was 11 ponds from goal in 2005 and the weight started coming back, I was missing meetings and just slacking off. After my brother anounced in Jan 2006 he was getting married and I was to be in the wedding, I went back to weight watchers and worked at it again and was in the wedding in July and looked good, then my grandfather past away in Sept and I was really close to him and I know I should not have found comfort in food but I did. Now I am 20 pounds from where I started at in 2004, and I think about all the hard work I had done to get to where I was at and it really makes me mad that I let myself put this weight back on. Needless to say I am going back to weight watchers Jan 4, Thurs and I am going to work at it again. One tip of advice is to get rid of the clothes that get to big on you, then you have nothing to go back on when your other clothes start getting tight and you have to take the weight back off, this was my mistake I just dug through the closet until I found things to wear.

Re: Going Back

Hi Nina,
I can totally relate. At least you're giving it another try right? :)

I did what everyone says to do though (got rid of all my fat clothes as I lost weight) and kinda wish I hadn't. Gaining the weight back and not being able to fit into my skinny clothes wasn't enough to make me not gain. I had to go out and by all new clothes every time I gained enough that I didn't fit in them anymore. I can't even tell you how much I've spent on new "fat" clothes just so I wasn't running around naked (what a scary site that would be LOL). The sad thing is right before I started gaining my weight back I had a garage sale and sold all my fat clothes and some of them even still had tags on them. My mom said "you sure you don't want to save back some of those just in case?" and I was like "nope, I'm not gonna ever wear that size again". Geeze! Could really kick myself now! Both because I did gain the weight back and also because I sold my clothes. :( I think this time around I'm going to hold onto my clothes as I lose weight. I just won't keep them in the closet where they're easy to get ahold of. I'm gonna box them up and put them somewhere that I can't easily get to. Hopefully I'll never have to get them back out, but if I ever do, I won't have to spend my money on new clothes, I can spend it getting back into WW meetings (because lets face it, if I gain it probably means I wasn't attending meetings) and groceries (instead of eating out). LOL!

I have to agree Aimee, I did the same thing. I gave my "Big" clothes to a fellow weight watcher friend. Well in the next year they all became way too big for her as she lost 130 pounds and I had to buy new clothes so I had something to wear! Same story. So I am doing the same thing. Keeping the clothes as a mommento, also wouldnt hurt to keep trying them on and see how BIG they seem every now and then to remember how far you have come. I learned to never say never! I certainly didnt intend to gain this back and did anyway!
None of us start thinking we will gain it all back..

I did it too....in one way it was good to get rid of the clothes, but on the other hand it was costly buying new clothes all over again. And it hurts to buy them in a bigger size!

I think I will be cautious next time around as well. Can't afford to keep buying different sizes of clothes over and over again. It felt really good to drop the weight and toss out those clothes, but I learned a lesson.

Im with Nancala and Aimee, I was thinking about that some more and I think getting rid of ALL my bigger clothes made me feel that I could never be that size again and had to slowly add clothes and have a whole closet full of bigger clothes again. I do need to clean out. I have WAY too many clothes. I felt good giving them to someone who was working so hard on their weight it was depressing to have her ask if I wanted them back and I stupidly said no because I was so embarassed.
SO lets get with it everyone!! Got my new little square journal out for today. Have a plan for the week. Thats where I fail if I dont plan meals ahead trouble!

Go for it NINA! I'm a firm believer in keeping ONE item at your highest weight! I kept a pair of size 22 jeans. After 8 months, I'm down to a 12. I sold all of my size 22s and 20s at a garage sale, and then started trading clothes with my Weight Watchers buddies! My leader also suggested Goodwill! I've gotten some GREAT designer suits there for next to nothing and it provides a good community service, as well. Good luck!

I got rid of all my heavy clothes and now I have nothing to wear. I have drawer of clothes that are too tight to wear - I can't even get my leg in them. I don't find them motivating. Just depressing.

Hi everyone. I can totally relate to what everyone is saying. I joined WW for the umpteenth time the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. I knew the holidays would be tough - if I waited until New Year's I absolutely would have nothing that fits. I'm pleased to say that from Thanksgiving through weigh in this week, I only gained 2 pounds. I was absolutely terrified to face the scale, which is why I kept putting off meetings.

I joined WW for the first time six years ago. Had great success - came to within 30 pounds of goal weight. Moved, new job, etc. put it back on. Got married two years ago, and it was crunch time to get into the size dress I wanted. Did South Beach and nearly starved myself - I cannot eat egg beaters anymore as a result!!!! :) Anyway, two years after the wedding and all the weight and then some has crept on. I did the same thing with my clothing after the first weight loss - gave it away to goodwill. I'm wishing I had it all back as I work my way down the scale again.

The one thing that makes me feel like I can succeed this time around is that I am over being angry with myself for putting this weight back on. I am now just looking at a goal of 5 lb increments (instead of the daunting 90 that I have to lose). Before, I would feel so discouraged if I had a bad day, that became an excuse to have a bad week, etc. One thing that I really took away from the WW leader this week is that she was commenting on how members get so discouraged if they only lose 1/2 a pound some weeks. She told us to remember that it takes time and only 1/2 a pound a week equals 26 pounds a year and for most of us, it took more than a year to put the weight on.

I enjoy reading everyone's posting and it is so reassuring to know that there are other people out there in my situation. The battle continues!!! Have a good week.

Hi Everyone...
I just found this website and I love it!!!! I lost 50 lbs in 2003/2004 and when I reached my goal weight, I got pregnant....practically the next day. So 2 babies later, I have some pregnancy weight I really want to shed. I started back on Tuesday and so far my biggest challenge is not snacking with my kids. My son is 2 and is an absolute grazer, and you see those snacks there on the table it is so hard not to partake. I got rid of all my big clothes so my motivation right now is fitting into something other than maternity (yuck!). Best wishes to all of you.
Andrea

Hi Andrea, nice to meet you. I'm Patty, (aimee's mother, some days see claims me,LOL). You need to have things you can graze on, too. How about some cut up veggies, fruit, gum, etc. If you are use to grabbing things to nibble on, just nibble on healthier things. You will be back on track before you know it..Good Luck to you....

Andrea, I am in the same boat. I lost a bunch of weight, got pregnant and now I have to lose all the weight again (and then some). Good luck to you! I know it's hard to take care of yourself with small children running around. But youre worth it.

I rejoined WW online for the first time 1/2. Five years ago I hit my goal for 10 minutes for my 50th birthday. 5 years later I am 8 lbs from my highest weight. Just found this Aimee's website, and can I relate to it. Thanks

Hello All...Boy, can I relate to your posts (unfortunately)! I'm going back alright...back to the basics of weight loss = less intake and more output! It's not easy, as we all know...but we're all worth the fight! It will be a battle I fight for the rest of my life...based on my regain, I know this to be true. My best wishes to you all in your efforts to fight the good fight! Michelle

Just want to say that everyone on here is a great inspiration!! Just found the site a couple of days ago and love it. In 2004 I lost about 60lbs and was about 20lbs from goal. My oldest son graduated from high school, went to boot camp, and got married all within a 4 month period....it was very stressful for me to be "losing" my baby:) To top it all off...they made me a grandma 9 months after the wedding!! All of this was exciting and overwhelming...and to say the least my comfort came from food. So, I've gained back all but 20lbs and I'm again recommited to get to my goal!! I will definately be using this website regularly:) Thanks Aimee!!!

I did it!!! I stuck with the plan all week for my first week back on and i LOST 6.8lbs. I am going to try to stick with it again this week!

Great job, nina...keep up the good work...Keep us posted...