Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Amiee's progress

Hello! I have just started visiting this site a couple weeks ago, and I have been checking back to see Amiee's progress, and to see the message boards.

Whats going on....there is no post since the begining of the month?

Re: Amiee's progress

Hi Anna,
I've been really busy, and I've also been sick a lot since before Xmas. I haven't made it to every meeting this month, but I'm hanging in there. :)

Hey Anna,
You can inspire us by posting your losses while Aimee is so busy! We all need motivation! I've managed to drop the 1.5 I gained over the holidays. Now to tackle that last 27.5. UGH!

Aimee, hope you are feeling better soon. Is the WW leader you have now the one who helped you before?

Hi Theresa,
Thanks! Well, the meeting I went back to was with the leader who helped me before, but she quit right before the new year (long story). I was really upset about it and I was sick and missed class on her last day when she told everyone that she wouldn't be back. She did email me and tell me what was going on, but it was really strange going to class the following week and not having her there. She really motivated me. I've never heard of the new leader, but I figure I'll give her a chance. Really the only reason I'm still driving to Dayton right now is because of the people in the class. It's a unique class that I haven't been able to find anywhere else. Some of them are talking about switching to another class though, and if they do that, I may stop driving to Dayton to attend that meeting. With the leader gone and then most of the people gone, I don't see any point when I can attend a meeting 5 minutes away from where I live. I attended there a year ago for about a month. I didn't really like the people in the class at the one down the street from my house (I felt like they were a little snooty), but the leader seemed ok. I'm still going to go to my old meeting for now and just see how it all plays out. I hate changing meetings especially after getting to know everyone.

Oh, Aimee!
That just stinks. My meetings leave much to be desired. The leader is okay, she has not lost much weight and has kept it off for 30 or so years. She never recommends using all of your points... there are so many things that just don't fit if you know what I mean. I'm not slamming her, she has a large group but I guess like you it's just not a meeting for me. The closest other meetings? She leads them! She travels. I'd have to go quite a distance and I'm not much of a night driver. I really find that personal support is the key. If you can't get that at a meeting it's time to find a support group like this! I also post on Bootcamp. Do you? Anyhoooo..... I really love your site. It's 'true grit' in my opinion. Weight loss is hard to do and hard to keep off. It's better with friends.

Wow I feel for you. You can't even change meetings to get away from you leader. What kind of leader would suggest not eating all your points? Maybe for some people, but I wouldn't suggest it for everyone. Some people actually need to eat all of their points plus the flex points and even activity points. I think it would depend on how active you are and how your body responds. I personally can't eat all of my points to lose weight, but I'd never tell people they shouldn't eat their points just because I don't eat mine. Do the people in your class lose much weight?

I've been over to bootcamp... but I haven't been there for some time. I just don't have a lot of time to get around to all of the message boards like I use to. Heck, I'm lucky to make it to my own message board most days. LOL! Usually when I have time, I'll head over to the Weight Watcher message boards to see if I can answer some questions, but I haven't gotten over there lately either.

Now that I've gotten all of the cookbook orders caught up, I'm going to take a breather for a day, finish answering emails, and then I'm going to try and start working on getting the new recipes up on my site. I've got a list here that's SLOWLY being marked off. LOL!

I'm glad your still at it Amiee...I was just worried. I didn't meen to affend you. Keep up the good work.

Just to add my 2 cents. . . Some of the leaders I've had just kill me. They talk about what a struggle weight loss was for them. . . and, lo and behold, it turns out they only had to lose a total of 30 lbs!! I had a great leader when I first went on WW several years ago. She lost over 100 lbs and was such an inspiration. She also understood how difficult it is.
I had great success with her meetings and came within 30 pounds of my own goal weight. It was the lightest I had been since high school.

I then moved to a different city and was struggling to find a new leader. I bounced around to a few meetings but couldn't find one that I made a connection with. I figured I could just do it on my own. Yeah, right. The weight crept on steadily over the next 2 years. I decided to try an at-work meeting since it was close to my office and only a 2 block walk. The leader was insane. She had lost a total of 25, yes, count them, 25 pounds. She would get very angry with members if you did not lose anything, or, god forbid, gained during the week. Since it was an at-work meeting, you were invited to bring your lunch. She would then scrutinize everyone's lunch choices and make comments like, "I can't believe that. . . what a waste of points. . . I would never eat anything like that." She was also so neurotic that she shared that when she traveled, she would bring cereal and parmalat (milk) from home and eat in her hotel room for all of her meals. Needless to say, I wasn't feeling the connection and soon dropped out. . .

After a few years of drifting, I decided that I needed to confront the fact that I had put all the weight back on. A girlfriend of mine agreed to join WW with me. Imagine my shock and dismay when I walked in to sign up and there she was! The horrible at-work leader. She made it a point to announce in class that I had "come home to mama". It was humiliating. I was so mad at her. . . I told her in front of the class that I didn't appreciate her comments and that she was the reason why I had stopped attending WW. She was really taken aback and it was really awkward after that (imagine that!)

I know I'm rambling. . . but a few months ago I started using my gym membership (before then it had just been a charitable donation since I never went). There are some great people there. It was very intimidating at first. One woman, who also writes in the local newspaper had lost close to 200 pounds working out at the Y and attending the WW meetings. I'm now attending those meetings. I still don't have the same connection as I did with my very first leader, but I need the accountability. The group is huge, but I've found a few friendly faces.

It isn't easy. . . hang in there. . . I just keep reminding myself that I didn't wake up one morning this heavy. . .I won't be able to lose it overnight.

Re: Re: Amiee's progress

Hi Everyone.

I know what you mean about some WW leaders, they lose a little and they think they know it all. Unless they walk in my 400+ body they have NO IDEA how we feel, move or pain we are in.

I went to a couple of different centers untill I found someone that I clicked with, and she is a great help to our group and me. I have a lot more weight to loss so I'll be back often to say HI and check in with all of you.

GOOD LUCK to you all.

Okay,
You've made my leader sound like a

Some of these situations are terrible, and there are so many great leaders out there.... I wish I were closer to a center where I could choose. For now I'm really doing this at home, and occasionally I do go to a meeting and check in for accountability. It is unreal, but most of the familiar faces are just as round as the last time I'd been. . The losers seem to be the young people who are jazzed and on top of the world. Then they are gone when they hit goal. I often wonder if they are still at goal. I sure would love for some of the lifetimers to stay and be motivation to others. Oh well, I'll just keep plugging away at it. One pound at a time.

Mo..that leader sounds insane....She should have been reported to the district person...Just being in her class would make me want to eat more to get back at her...

Anna,
Don't worry, I wasn't offended. :)

Mo,
I would have reported that leader. She has no business being in charge of anyone. I would have brought pizza for lunch and told her to stuff it if she didn't like it. LOL! They're your points, you can use them however you want. My leader use to say "if I see you at Dairy Queen having a hot fudge sundae, I'll just assume you've saved up the points". :)

Yea!!! I have found Aimee. I rejoined WW online Jan 2. I found this site from the message boards on WW. I have enjoyed this site so much, and have had so much inspiration from Aimee's story. I have been checking for your progress almost everyday. I was afraid I lost you just after I found you. cole slaw recipe. I love it. Thanks, Katie

Hi Aimee. I am so glad I found your site. I recently joined back again, and I love your website. I check it probably 10 times a day for nutrition info, recipes, and to just read for inspiration- I have weighed in twice now & lost 5 & 1/2 lbs. Pretty good I guess, but when I was 20 and joined I lost 8 lbs the first week.- and seemed to have eaten way more food- It just gets harder & harder as we get older I hear- hope I can stick it out- I have 60 total to loose. Thanks for all your hard work and commitment, Heather

hi amiee. i once tried ww after having my first child and lose about 10 lbs but stopped going to the meetings. running a daycare in my house did not have free time to keep going. also did not have the internet at that time for help. now i had my second child and lost 39 lbs while pregnant. very sick. now that i lose that much i am going to lose more. still not able to make the meetings. but this time it will work because of you and people on this site. thanks for all the help. i love this site i also check it several times a day

I always read the message boards but never post a message, thanks for all the tips and information from everyone. Just wondering why Amiee's progress hasn't been posted for three weeks now. I look at it everyday hoping to see how Aimee is doing. I've been a WW member off and on since 1989 and know how difficult it is to keeping going and keep trying.

I check on it everyday too...how are you doing? I've been struggling a little latley but...that happens to me ever few weeks.

Hi guys! I'm doing ok. I just haven't updated mostly because I've been sick and not going to meetings. I thought I was better up until Friday when I woke up sick again. I did weigh in last week and the week before. I was up the week before, and lost half a pound last week. According to my scale this morning at home, I'm down another 1.5 pounds from last week (yesterday it said I was down 2.5 pounds - my weight fluctuates a lot), but unless I feel better than I do right now, I probably won't be going to my meeting on Wednesday.

Good! I'm glad to hear your doing well with your weight loss....I do hope you feel well soon.

i have to say, you all sound like my kind of girls! that insane leader, that sounds like a horror story! i'm glad you stood your ground , i believe i might have hit her. this weight busness is serious, with all of the self esteem problems and ups and downs, you need to have much empathy and compassion for others.i wonder how you get to be a leader.my leader also has lost only 30 lbs, but she is very nice and supportive.i think you should not be able to lead unless you have lost at least 75 lbs and maintained it for a year,but i guess those would be hard to find, lol! everyone is so honest and upfront here and that is what i like. bless us everyone!

You know...I do kinda agree...but sometimes those last few lbs are the hardest...the bitter end. It might have been just as hard for them to get off their last ten as it was for someone who lost more.

I am sorry to hear you are sick Amiee! Hope you will be better soon! I am new to your site and I really love it. I also need lots of inspiration! I am having a hard time getting started, but with the help of the motivation I get from your message boards I am hanging in there!!

Hi Aimee, I was wondering how you are doing and if you are feeling better? Also how is your progress? I want to thank you for the cookbooks, they are wonderful. The kids even like what I cook.

Hi Paula,
I'm doing ok. I had a sinus infection, and now I'm getting over bronchitis. I feel better since I went to the Dr. though. I was going to go back to class this coming Wed, but now I'm taking a friend to get some testing done, so I'll be going back the following week. My weight has pretty much stayed around the same. I was down 4 pounds when I felt really bad, but not that I'm not coughing as much and feeling better, my appetite is back to normal. LOL I'm glad you like the cookbooks. :)

I'm glad you're feeling better, Aimee! You provide much inspiration and guidance to us all!

Aimee, I Just found your website today through HungryGirl.com and I know we are kindred spirits. I read everything on your site, and rejoiced with you through the losses, and cried with you through the set-backs. Your recipes are fabulous! Please keep at it, you are worth it! YOur new fan, LouAnne

I'm new also, so thrilled i found this site, and of all places it came to me through WW.com.
someone there was looking for a receipe and a poster replied to check out aimmees adventures, so snoopy me had to take a look and here I am..
The more boards I feel to post the better it is for me.

I have the best leader, she took off 80lbs and is no more than 30 yrs old, Ihave kids older than her, she is so into the WW program that she gives me the incentive to keep going, so far its worked, I've lost a total of 21 when all i had was 22 to start with, doesn't sound like alot but for me it was like 100 lbs to shed,

I've done this so many times over and over, hit goal then stopped going, and before I knew it there it was blubber on me again.

I've been a WW for over 30 yrs, hit goal first time around, so I've learned finally, this is it, no more yo yoing for me..
with that it also knocked off my thryroid, so health is a big concern for this chick..
I'll keep coming back, I love me today....