Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
One Point Hearty Chili

I was digging through some recipes and came across this one. I made it today and it was really good. I put it over a baked potato.

One Point Hearty Chili (Makes 20 servings)

10 oz. extra lean ground turkey breast
1 med. onion, diced
2 (28 oz)cans diced tomatoes
2 med zucchini, diced
2 med yellow squash, diced
1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed & drained
2 (15) oz cans fat free, reduced sodium beef broth
4 celery stalks, diced
2 green bell peppers, diced
1 (1 1/4 oz) package dry chili seasoning

1. Spray a large non-stick skillet with non-stick spray and set over med-high heat. Add the turkey and onion and saute until browned, about 5 mins.
2. Transfer the browned turkey and onion mixture to a large soup pot and add the tomatoes, zucchini, squash, beans, broth, celery, bell peppers and chili seasoning. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Continue to simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.

Per serving (1 cup): 76 Cal, 1g Fat, 0g Sat. Fat, 8 mgChol, 270 mgSod, 11g Carb, 3g Fib, 7g Pro, 45 mgcalc. WW Points: (1 From Weight Watchers Magaine Jan/Feb 2002).

I made it without the zucchini and squash because my husband is not too keen on them. I adjust to allow a few more points. It has a bit of a kick to it.

Re: One Point Hearty Chili

Thanks...this sounds very good.

This recipe sounds really good, I am going to make it tomorrow, for Mondays dinner. I will probably leave out the squash and add a can of pinto beans or something like that. Thanks for the great recipe.
Laurie

That sounds close to the Taco Soup Recipe that I make.

Taco Soup
1 lb lean ground turkey
1 chopped med onion
1 package Hidden Valley Ranch dressing (dry packet)
1 package taco seasoning (dry packet)
1 can corn
1 can pinto beans
1 can zesty chili beans
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can S&W stewed tomatoes mexican style

In a dutch oven, cook turkey with onion until onion is soft and meat isn't pink. Drain well and then add the ranch dressing packet and the taco seasoning packet. Add all 5 cans without draining them. Stir to combine and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Once boiling, turn heat to low and cover to simmer for 1 hour to soften corn and beans.

1 cup is 2 points

Nancy

I make this chili all of the time. It is one of my favorites.

Mo
I was really wanting to have chili for the big Super Bowl on Sunday but didn't want to use all those points for traditional chili. This recipe looks like just the thing! Thanks

Glad to hear it! I usually judge WW recipes by my husband - if it passes as "the real thing" for him, I know it must be good! :)

Like you, Mo, I know that if my hubby will eat it, then it's pretty good. All of the slow-cooker chicken recipes I have tried, he has loved (and he isn't a big chicken eater, would rather have his red meat!). We really love the easy italian chicken (think the recipe came from Aimee).

I'll have to try the italian chicken. Thanks, Terri