Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
another Woman's Day Article

There is an article in the Woman's Day Magazine for Jan 30th. It is titled, "Activate your skinny gene!"
The basic idea is to diet every other day to keep you motivated and your metabolism high. They list a website to get more info:www.johnsonupdaydowndaydiet.com

What do you think of this?

Nancy

Re: another Woman's Day Article

That is pretty much the theory behind the Wendi diet, that I had soooo much luck on. I worked at a gym right out of high school and they were doing that diet then too....basically it keeps you from a plateau.

this is true, i have lost 80 lbs, along about the time i had lost 50 or so, i happened across the wendy plan sight it makes sense, it keeps your body confused and it doesnt make your metabalism gear down to diet mode

Hi Nancy, I just checked out this website and it sounds very interesting. I am curious to know if any one has tried it? I am doing the Wendie plan right now in hopes it will get the scales moving again.
Hope you had a great weekend. We do foster care and had 2 teen girls this weekend for respite. It is always a challenge to cook for more than my hubby and myself and stay the course....but I am happy to say I did not get stressed out and go off the plan!!!
Have a great week!!!

Ooooh, I don't think I like that plan at all! I checked out the website, and so basically you eat whatever you want, as much as you want on one day, and then restrict your calories to about 20% of your normal intake the next day. Which for me, would mean that 3 to 4 days a week I'd only get to eat 8 points per day. Then on the "up" days, I guess I could chow down as much as I wanted. So I think for me it would be binge day, starve day, binge day, starve day, etc. Doesn't seem like a very good way to lead your life normally. I'm on the Wendie Plan and I do believe in eating higher points some days and lower points other days. But right now, I never eat below 22 pts on my low days. Don't think I'd ever be able to handle just 8 points!

I agree with you Martha, I think our bodies need more than 8 pts. per day....That doesn't seem healthy...

Patty