Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
No longer lurking!

Hello everyone! My name is Nickol and I am a teacher in the DC area. I have been a frequent visitor to this site and to the message board and figured it was time to post! I am trying to be REALLY GOOD without putting too much stress on myself. I have tried many many many times to lose weight, but I somehow end up off track. Usually I get busy with life and lose my way right to the McDonalds Drive Thru, but this time seems to be different. I’m doing WW on line. ( I have done the meetings and they just don’t motivate me.) I also have a network of friends doing this with me. One friend and I decided to buy each other little non food related surprise ( no more then $10 ) if we lose weight every week for a month. (I’ll do anything for a present!)

My biggest problem time is after school – I snack! I’m looking for any ideas? And I hate exercise with a passion, so I am looking for any ideas to help me kick my butt into gear. I hope you are all having a good day!

Re: No longer lurking!

Hi just wanted to say good luck with your dieting journey. Hope you have a good one and a losing one.
Don't Quit

When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down
And you feel like the biggest failure in town;
When you want to give up just because you gave in
And forget all about being healthy and thin;
So What! You went over your points a bit;
It's your next move that counts...So don't you quit!

It's a moment of truth, It's an attitude change;
It's learning the skills to get back in your range;
It's telling yourself "You've done great up till now;
You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow."
It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal;
You're still gonna make it, just stay in control.

To stumble and fall is not a disgrace
If you summon the will to get back in the race;
But, often the struggler's when losing their grip
Just throw in the towel and continues to slip
And learn too late when the damage is done
That the race wasn't over and they still could of won.

Life-style change can be awkward and slow
But facing each challenge will help you to grow;
Success is failure turned inside out
The silver tint in the cloud of doubt.
When you're pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit;
If you bite it you write it... But Don't you quit!

Just keep your head up and keep going. DEE

I just told another board to stock up on the 100 calorie snack packs and fresh veggies. As far as exercise, I found a station on the local cable provider...exercise on demand. They have lots of fun, short workouts....belly dancing, yoga, tai chi, as well as abs and conditioning. And so many of them are under 15 minutes long, you don't really have time to get bored. And you can do something different everyday, whenever you happen to have a few minutes free. That's what is working for me. Who, in real life, has an hour or more to set aside each day for sweating????

Hi Nickol,
Glad to have you with us and glad you're no longer lurking. :) Have you tried the Leslie Sansone "Walk Away the Pounds" DVD's? The 1 mile tape goes by really quick and you can do it in your living room. :) Let us know how you're doing.

Patty

Hey Nicole
I have decided to quit "lurking" as well. I have been reading posts and it looks to me like this is a great group....very encouraging, informative and supportive. Just what we all need, right?
About snacks (my worst is late evening) I have been trying to stick with fresh fruits like grapes or strawberries. With a cup of grapes, it keeps me busy and I feel like I am getting alot for my snack points.
Good luck to you!

Hi terri and welcome to aimee's message board. Glad you decided to join in so we could meet you. Let us know if you have any questions and keep us posted how you are doing...

Patty