Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
? on points

hi all was wondering you someone here could help me out alittle? dear hubby is 5'6 300lbs. and would like to lose 100lbs. my ? here is could you tell me if 42 points aday correct? and if so does he hve to use them all?

Tammy

Re: ? on points

I looked on another website, their points calculator, and just guessing your husbands age, I got 41 pts. So, yeah, 42 is probably right on. And for this particular program, he does need to eat them all. Tell him to enjoy them while he has the chance!!!!

i am confused on the points also because the book i have at home is called getting started week 1. and on page 15 it says for 300 lbs you get 32 points not 42. is there a difference in points for men and women. also where did you find the points calcultor.
because my husband wants to do this and he is 6" and weights also 400lbs and according to my book he gets 34 pts. could someone please help with this problem.
thank you

Back in February, Weight Watchers changed how points are calculated. Now they take into account if you're male or female, where they didn't use to do that. I've always believed men should get more points than women (maybe Weight Watchers heard my thoughts? LOL). Anyway, they also take into account how active you are to decide how many points you should get. Since I'm not really active (I sit at this dumb computer all day), my points didn't really change at all. But men especially saw their points go up quite a bit. I think we figured up that they get an extra 8 points just because they're men. I know... you're all thinking... totally not fair, but it is. :) Here's a website that was posted earlier this week (I'm sorry, I can't remember who to give credit for this). You can go and input your info to see how many points you're supposed to get according to the new way Weight Watchers is figuring the target points now...

http://weightwatchen.com/?page_id=23

Oops, sorry, that should say Back in December, not back in February. I'm just having one of those days. Don't know if I'm coming or going. LOL!

thanks aimee. my husband gets extra points now. i was kind of wondering how he and would have the same number of points to eat just just i am nursing. and he is almost a foot taller then me and almost double my weight. makes much more sense thank again