Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Super Bowl Suggestions????

What is everyone making for the Super Bowl? I am going to a party, and the hostess makes chili and traditional items. I'm at a loss for what to bring. I want to have something there that I can eat so I don't waste all my points on one day. Any thoughts??

Thanks!!

Re: Super Bowl Suggestions????

I have found that most times it's just easier (and less pressure) to eat something at home before you go to these kinds of parties. Bring a tray of fresh fruits and veggies to the party and pick at those. I've been a lifetime member for over 8 years now and this kind of stuff will get easier. I can resist just about everything at parties. Just remember - Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. Good Luck

How about this?

7 Layer Dip

1 (16 oz.) Can Fat Free Refried Beans
2 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning Mix
1 Cup Light Sour Cream
1 Cup Chunky Salsa
1 Cup Shredded Lettuce
1/4 Cup Green Onions, sliced
1 Cup Fat Free Shredded Cheese
1 Cup Chopped Tomatoes
2 oz. Ripe Sliced Olives

Lightly spray the bottom of an 8 or 9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. You can also make this on a small platter or any decorative dish if taking it to a party. In a small bowl, combine the refried beans and taco seasoning. Spread evenly into the bottom of the dish. Next spread a layer of sour cream, followed by the salsa, lettuce, onions, cheese and tomatoes. Top with olives. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Serve with baked tortilla chips (or regular if you’d like) for additional points. Note: I like to take additional shredded lettuce, place it on my plate, then add a serving of the 7 layer dip on top along with a couple of slightly crushed tortilla chips for a low point taco salad. It keeps me from mindlessly eating a million tortilla chips and it’s more filling.

Serves: 12 (approx. 1/3 cup + 2 Tablespoons)
Per Serving: Per Serving: 73 Calories; 1g Fat (11.9% calories from fat); 6g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 3mg Cholesterol; 403mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. WWP: 1

Actually, that's an 8 layer dip. I can't count today. LOL!!!!!!

That sounds great!! Thanks, Amy.

Every time I go to a party I bring something I know I can have. My favorite is: Wonton Wrappers stuffed with something low fat/calories. Take the square wonton wrappers and press them in to small muffin tins making a little cup. Bake until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool. Then fill with a low fat chicken salad. I will fill mine with;

1 can chicken breats
1/4 cup light mayo
1/4 cup fat free milk
1 1/2 Tbls Hidden Valley dry ranch dressing
No one would ever think it was a diet food!
You can find the wrappers near the produce section by the chinese vegetables.
There is a lot you can do with these low calorie snacks. Just use your imagination. They can be filled with sugar free preserves for a sweet snack!

These suggestions came out today. http://www.hungry-girl.com/fridaypreview.php?newsletterid=1018.

I am going to try the Chicken Quesidillas and take along garden soup....

Great suggestions. Thanks so much for passing them along!!