Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Questions?!

Hello everyone. I am new to this. I started WW on tuesday and loved the meeting. I am 250 ibs. and never realized it. I never realized how out of control I was. Inside I dont feel fat...I always look at other people who are the same weight and they seem so much heavier than me.
My goal is to drop 50 lbs. by July 07. I am going to see my family who by the way are all thin. I havent seen the scale below 200 since 2002. Whats even sadder to me is that I am heavier now than when I was 9 months pregnant. Does anyone think its possible to lose 50 lbs. in 6 months...maybe even more weight? And does walking on the treadmill 15 minutes a day cut it? Please help!!! I would greatly appreciate it.

Signed...Tired of being the fat one in the family.

Re: Questions?!

Hey,
I also just stared last week and weighed 250. My all time goal is 165 at least. I DO believe that it is possible to loose 50lbs by July if you stick with it. Years ago I stuck with it and dropped alot of weight, but here I am again. I can truly relate to you because of the 250 but I used to average about 8lbs a month sometimes more or less but it is do-able. Good luck to you, me and everyone else.

I lost 50 lbs in 6 mos. my first time around (2 babies ago) so it is definitely possible if you work really hard at your "diet" and exercise too. You may want to talk to your doctor though to make sure that it's safe and healthy for you. I lost my weight so fast I lost a lot of hair and my cycle was way off, so I don't know that I would recommend it. It's kinda a Catch-22, you know????

I think 50 pounds in 6 months is possible. That averages out to about 2 pounds a week. I lost about 10 pounds a month in the beginning last time. One thing to keep in mind... there is a chance that you'll lose a little less or maybe even a little more (everyone is different). Just do your best and don't stress over it if you don't make that actual number by that date. It's not about the numbers, it's about eating healthy, exercising and just feeling better overall. :)

Personally, I think that is a lot. But it really depends how motivated you are, and your body type. It would definately be nice to lose it that quickly, but for me, it has to be a slower process, because I have so much to lose (over 100 pounds). I have lost 90 lbs. before, but did it in 30 - 40 pound chunks each year for 3 years. Regardless, if you lose that much or not, anything will be better than nothing. And you will feel better and have more confidence with some of the weight off. Get a couple of new outfits to show off your new figure as your reward to make you feel even better!