Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
grrrrr.....

welp....i need a swift kick i the behind...i am fluckuating between 220 and 222..been that way for the last 2 or three weeks...so i got agrevated today and me and my husband and kids went to the china resturant and i stuffed myself....i did it out of rebellion...knowing it aint helpin none me over eating....i just cant seem to get under the 220....no matter if i do portion my foods and eat healthier and try to exercise every day for thirty minutes it seems i still see the same numbers...any one got any helpfull hints,,,(i know stop bingin...i honestly dont do that a whole lot im serious about wantin to lose weight..i just need to see some results im gettin discouraged...does anyone know how high i should get my heart rate when exercising...maybe thats the problem i just aint gettin my heart rate up....any friendly help will be appreciated!!!thanx

Re: grrrrr.....

I hate you're stuck. I don't know exactly what your heart rate should be, but on the poster at Curves, for my age (34) it says in 10 seconds it should be between 22 and 25. I think this is about 132-150 beats per minute. Hope it helps.

Nae,

Don't give up. Everyone reaches a plateau on their weight loss journey. Are you drinking enough water? Maybe trying to drink 1-2 extra glasses a day. Are you using your extra points? If you are maybe cut down on them for a week and see if you start to lose again. Don't give up.

Paula

Plateaus sure can be aggravating. I find that I will lose good for a short time, and then stop and stay for a while. Sometimes I will then drop real quick, but just for a minute and then back up. Only to get back to that lower number a few days later. Just keep plugging away, and it will follow eventually. Just be thankful that you are staying the same and not gaining. Try stepping it up for a couple of weeks, eat some different foods, do some different exercises, and see if you can't get past it. I think our bodies like to get used to a certain weight for a while before they let it go. Especially, if it is a weight that we have been at before and stayed awhile.

Talking about the extra points you get a week.....well I'm at goal now and I couldn't eat them when trying to lose or even now when I'm trying to maintain...just too many points for me....I would try not eating anything past your allowed points and not add the extra 35 you get..then see what you do for a couple weeks....

Patty

I feel your pain. I've been bouncing between 224-227 since New Years. I followed the plan to the letter between Thanksgiving and Christmas in an effort lose weight rather than gain the usual 10lbs. during the holidays. It worked, but after the holidays I lost all motivation. All of the others replying to your post have some good ideas. I don't have anything to add, other than I know how you feel.