Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OK CONFESSION TIME

OK IN MY LAST POST I COMPLAINED ALOT AND WAS JUST BLAHHH ABOUT THE SCALES NOT MOVING..THEN I STOPPPED AND TRY TO FIGURE WAS I DOIN SOMETHIN WRONG WITH MY EATIN...AND THEN I BEGAN TO LOOK HOW MUCH I HAVE ATE OUT IN THE LAST 3 WEEKS..PIZZA...THEN RYANS...THEN CHINA KING...THINKIN WELL I CAN EAT A LIL BIT MORE AND NOT SO HEALTHY SINCE I AM EXERCISIN AND PRETTY MUCH WATCHIN WHAT I WAS EATIN THE REST OF THE TIME...NOT ONLY THAT MY BOSS FIXED EGGS AND BACON ALMOST EVERY MORNIN SO TO NOT BE RUDE I ATE 1 EGG 2 PIECES OF BACON WHEAT TOAST EVERY MORNING...SO THIS WOULD EXPLAIN THE SCALES NOT MOVING...SO I STARTED TRYIN TO BE A LIL MORE CAUTOUS...MY QUESTION NOW IS...HOW MANY GRAMS OF SUGAR SHOULD WE BE ALLOWED..STUFF IS LOW FAT BUT HAS A LIL ADDED SUGAR HOW MUCH IS TO MUCH...AND HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO DO CALORIE INTAKE IF I EAT A PORTION OF MEAT IT DOES COME WITH NUTRITION FACTS...AND ON SALAD AS LONG AS I USE FAT FREE STUFF SHOULDNT IT BE OK TO HAVE A EXTRA CUP OF SALAD?....SOMEONE EDUCATE ME PLZ....I AM NOT DOIN WW...JUST TRYIN TO EAT HEALTHIER AND CUT BACK ON ALOT OF FAT INTAKE AND LOWER MY CALORIES....

Re: OK CONFESSION TIME

Ok i am not a nutritionist, but just by going to weight watchers and a few nutrition classes in college, very very few sugars. that is why on the flex plan of weight watchers, diet sodas are 0 points, cuz they have no sugar, no cals... and of course just because it is low fat, does not mean you can have fifty portions. one serving or you are just wasting your time eating low fat. if it came to two low fat salads with dressing, or one with the correct serving of full of fat dressing, the two would probably be close to equal. this is what we talked about in our meeting tonight... its all about portioning! we discussed how to satisfy your chocolate cravings, and most people said the low fat stuff, but they tend to eat so much because it does not satisfy that hunger like a real piece of chocolate, whereas I would just loose some points for the day/week and have one portion of a good chocolate! it may mean that i can't have a larger filling dinner, but at least i can eat chocolate! as for the scale not moving...are you gaining? by exercising and continuing to embellish in too many goodies you will only maintain your weight, not loose. however, if you start to portion and continue to exercise i am sure you will lose! Also, someone else could help us both out...my 1st week i lost four pounds, but my 2nd week i only lost 1.4. (i know they say it will slow, but DANG!!!) it has been a stressful week so I have had "junk" meals,but still within my points range. does it actually hurt you more if you do eat fatty foods, even tho still in points? I was really upset with myself for losing so little, but you know at least i didn't gain and that is what you have to tell yourself!(then get on here for more support!)

Re: OK CONFESSION TIME

Hi Nae,
I see no reason why you can't have extra salad (as long as you aren't piling things on top of it that have calories). I'd think it's better to fill up on the salad than to eat a bunch of other stuff. Like my leader use to say... "we didn't get fat from eating too many fruits and veggies". :) Granted, if you're eating more than 1 portion of fat free stuff you should add up the calories for it because even though a serving may be low, the calories do add up.

As far as your boss making breakfast... You can eat it. Just if you know you'll be having breakfast at work, skip your breakfast at home (take a back up plan with you just in case you get to work and there's no breakfast). Eggs are usually about 75 calories each with 5 grams of fat (you might want to add a little if it was cooked in butter) and bacon is around 40 calories with 3 grams of fat per strip. The wheat toast is usually 70 calories with 1 gram of fat. If there's a bag that the bread came in, check it out. Of course, whatever you put on the toast has to be counted too. I'm just saying, there's no reason why you have to sit and watch everyone else eat. You can eat it too, you just have to work it out to include it in your calories and fat for the day. :)