Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Exercise Question

Hello. . . I see that a lot of people are using tread mills for their exercise. Any suggestions on how to liven it up? I'm curious as to what other people do. I spoke with a friend who regularly works out and she suggested switching programs to vary the walk. Another thing she mentioned was doing intervals (i.e., 1 minute regular pace, 1 minute fast). I think that I might try that. What does everyone else do?

Re: Exercise Question

Well I have been walking 1.5 miles each night since the first of the year. I'm lucky to have a treadmill that I can program to what I want. I warm up for 5 min, the my program I have made for myself is switching from elevations of 6 to 10 and speeds of 2.4 to 3.0..My heart rate goes from 120 to 144, I think I'm in my target heart range...It takes me 5 min. to warm up...30 min. to do the program and 5 min. to cool down for a total of 40 min. and 1.5 miles which it says it burns 224 calories. Not bad for an old lady after working all day...

Ok now, don't try acting like you're THAT old. LOL! I think everyone here should know you're like the energizer bunny. :)

Hey everyone... she moves around so much... she makes me tired just watching her! LOL!

Yes, aimee...must be all that "good fuel" I put in my tank...(lol)...I'm thinking of hooking you to my belt and walking around all day...I bet you'd get your exercise in, too.... I can pick on aimee since she is my "favorite daughter".......LOL..right aimee?????

LOL! Well at least you got the "favorite" part right. Now you've just gotta teach dad that part. He always leaves it out when I call. :)

Oh, and you wouldn't want to hook me to your belt. It's hard to drag dead weight. Might hurt your back.

OK, this will sound weird, but when I walk on the treadmill listening to my mp3 player, I HAVE to walk to the beat of the music, I can't just pick a speed and go.

So, I walk to the speed of whatever song I'm on, and adjust the incline to keep my heart rate up, trying to keep it mostly around 145-50.

And I know this will sound really dorky, but I walk to ABBA -- it's so bouncy and engergizing, and has a pretty good variety of tempos to keep it interesting.

I'm looking to find some new tunes to walk to though, just to mix it up a little. Anyone have good suggestions?