Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Deep Dish Pizza Casserole

Hope you don't mind another post. Since ramping up again on WW, I've gone back and looked a some of my cookbooks. This recipe is from a WW cookbook entitled "5 ingredients, 15 minutes." This recipe is a keeper:

1 pound ground round
1 (15 oz) can chunky Italian-style tomato sauce
Cooking spray
1 (10 oz) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
1 1/2 cups (6 oz) preshredded park-skim mozz. cheese
(I also add onions and peppers as toppings)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 425
2. Cook meat in a nonstick skillet over medium-hgih heat until browned, stirring until it crumbles. Drain, if necessary, and return to skillet. Add tomato sauce, and cook until heated.

3. While meat cooks, coat a 13x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Unroll pizza crust dough, and press into bottom and halfway up sides of baking dish. Top bottom of bizza crust with meat mixture.

4. Bake, uncovered, at 425 for 12 minutes. Top with cheese, and bake 5 minutes or until crust is browned and cheese melts. Cool 5 minutes before serving.

Yield: 6 servings (you could probably get more than 6 if sliced smaller)

Per serving: Calories 277, Fat 7.7, Fiber 1.6

Re: Deep Dish Pizza Casserole

thanks for the recipe mo, i have the ingredients on hand and i'm going now to make it for dinner

it was great , my kids loved it! thanks again for sharing.

Cheryl - I'm so glad that you liked it. Thanks for letting me know

Thanks mo...sure going to give it a try as soon as I get the pizza crust...thanks for posting..

Patty

That sounds really good!
I bet it would be good with some turkey pepperoni added too. 17 slices is only 2 points, so you could get by without adding much to the points value.

shelly, i added the turkey pepperoni.i just chopped up about 9 and added them with the sauce, good! no difference in pts, my kids are still asking me to make it again!

oh, i also chopped up green peppers and cooked them with the beef(so my kids wouldn't notice)and layered fresh mushrooms under the cheese, any way to get a few veggies in, it was soooo good!

Can someone tell me the difference between ground round and ground beef? Can you use lean ground beef in this recipe?

ground round is a leaner cut of beef than regular ground beef.