Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Salad Dressing

Hi.
Can anyone give me a recipe for lowfat salad dressing. I don't like the italian and oily dressing. I love ranch and ceaser. I once read of someone mixing a rach packet with plain yogurt, but can remember. Thanks any ideas would really help me!

Re: Salad Dressing

I use the ranch packets and ff sour cream or I use cottage cheese too. I am sure plain yogurt would work too. Good luck. Also have you tried the Kraft light done right dressings?? I like the 1000 island and it is only 1pt for 2 tbs. Just another suggestion. Good luck.

I think this recipe is super good:

Creamy Italian Dressing

1 cup Smart Beat
1/4 of a small onion (more or less to taste)
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon Splenda
3/4 teaspoon italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

In a food processor, combine Smart Beat, onion, vinegar and Splenda. Add rest of ingredients and blend until smooth.

The only ingredient with any points value is Smart Beat. This makes about 1-1/2 cups dressing at 160 calories, 0 fat, 0 fiber.

Ever try Brianna's Blush Wine salad dressing? It's not "lite" but I find that if I water it down a little it still has the same effect. I'm addicted to this dressing!!

i got this emailed from a WW discussion board, it didnt give the pts but it is FF. i havent tried it yet, but it said you wouldnt believe how good it is.

1c ff buttermilk
1/2c ff mayo
1/2c ff sour cream
1/4c skim milk
1 pk ranch dressing mix
whisk or beat all 3 min and chill

Is the Smart Beat you use the mayonaise? If so could you use any low fat mayo?

Laura, the Smartbeat is a FF mayo. It is only 10 calories per tablespoon and no fat or fiber. If you could find some other brand you could substitute, but the points will probably be higher for that. I buy Smartbeat at Winco.

Thanks Nancy! I did not know about the Smart Beat Mayo. I have seen it at the store, but never compared it to the others. I will be trying this recipe for sure!