Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Whatever happened to Wendie?

Does anyone know what happened to the actual Wendie person who devised The Wendie Plan? Since there are so many people using her WW system, you would think she'd have a website up somewhere. I wonder if she maintained her goal weight? Anybody know anything about her?

Re: Whatever happened to Wendie?

Actually I probably posted this to the wrong website. Is anyone else here on The Weight Watcher Wendie Plan? Where you stagger points each day? This plan was in a Woman's View magazine years ago but lots of folks are on the plan.

I just started doing the Wendie plan again. It worked beautifully for me the first time....2 kids ago and I'm hoping this will give me a real kick start and get things going for me. Best wishes.
Andrea

Where can I find the Wendie Plan? I would like to read about it.

This is the link that I used to find out about the "Wendie Plan"

Good Luck...it worked for me!

Sorry, forgot to put the link in:
http://www.stormpc.com/ww/wendie_plan.htm

thanks Kim - I will check it out right now

Hi Everyone!
I too have been to the Wendie Plan site. I would like to give it a try when and if I get to a plateau. However I do not understand how to do it since it speaks about a point range from 22-29. The plan I am on I started at 23 points but now have 22 points per day plus 35 extra points per week.
Any suggestions would be kindly appreciated.
Thank you in advance,
JeanCat55

Hi Jean,
To try and help, follow this pattern:
low/high/low/very high/very low/high/med. high.

You never go below your allowed pts. So, on low days eat your points worth (23). Add around 6 on your high day (it looks like) (29). 3rd day- 23. Very High- Add 13-16 pts (36-39). not sure about the very low, I woul djust do 23? High- back up to 29, then Med-High day- add 5, 28.

In summary:
Day one-23
Day 2- 29
Day 3- 23
4- 36-39
5- 23
6- 29
7- 28
Total Flex Points used: 6+(14 assuming 14 on that very high day)+6+5= 31

Here's how someone explained it to me.
It's really just a way of spreading out your flex points:

Make day 1 any day you choose.

Day 1 Eat 5 points over your target

Day 2 Eat 1 point over your target

Day 3 Eat 15 points over your target

Day 4 Eat target points

Day 5 Eat 4 points over your target

Dat 6 Eat 2 points over your target

Day 7 Eat target points

Thank you both for your entailed discussion.
Am I to understand that the 35 extra weekly points are to be spread through out the week and that is where you get the highs and lows from? And if so this would mean no extra points for anything else?

OR are the 35 points in addition to the highs and lows?

Thanks in advance,

JeanCAt

Shelly's way: I would be eating 31 points over my allowed.
Sara's way: I would be eating 27 points over my allowed

Shelly: So do I subtract the 31 from 35 and allow myself 4 more points? or do I add another 35 max and forget the 4 more?

Sara: So do I subtract the 27 from 35 and allow myself 8 more points? or do I add another 35 max and forget the 8 more?

I have no doubt that either would work, that is IF I knew about the 36 points. Because the whole 'premise' of the Wendie plan is to 'shake up the metabolism and not to let it get predicatable and routine so that it does not have a chance to 'set' or lock on to a specific amount of points per day.

Thanks in advance, I am tryng to clarify where the points from highs and lows come from.

JeanCat

Let's see...I think when the Wendie plan was formed there was no such thing as flex points, instead you had a range of points to use each day. The new way to do Weight Watchers is you have a daily point allotment to use each day (23 for example) and then 35 flex points to use in anyway that you would like. You can use all of the 35 points or part of them or none of them.

The premise of the Wendie plan, from my understanding, is that you are always rotating how many points you eat per day to shake up your motabolism, so just always use your 23, and then use a few flex points, and on one day, use a lot of flex points, but your total points over the 23 should not exceed 35 per week.

Does that help?

YEP that explains it as I thought it would be, but wanted to ask again. I wish some one would UPDATE the Wendie Plan for the NEW WW so that newbies who do not know about the older plan do not get confused as I did.

I will give it a try when I get to that plateau.

Thanks for your time and kindness.

JeanCAT