Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Core Program

Am I the only one who does the core program? I LOVE it. No keeping track of points and no measuring. You get 35 pts. per week to use as you wish (for bread, sweet stuff etc.) but I have made some fantastic cobbler that is core so I can eat as much as I want. I am not nearly as hungry as when I count points - I think because I eat more protein. I like to really treat myself too - shrimp cocktail for lunch etc. If you are on a plateau with points or just tired of it give the core program a try!

Re: Core Program

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THE CORE PROGRAM IS..I AINT DOIN NO PROGRAM AT THE MOMENT..AND HAVE U LOST ANY WEIGHT ON IT...THANKS

The Core program is an alternative offered by WW. You can eat as much "core" foods as you want with no tracking. I have lost 11.5 lbs. in the last month. Core foods are all fruits and veggies, lean meats, eggs, non fat milk and cheeses (except cream cheese). You can also eat whole grain pastas, brown rice, potatoes but only once a day. No bread is core but you get 35 points a week to have the things that are not core. Right now I am drinking a great smoothie made from nf milk, nf yogurt (plain) and frozen blueberries. All core so no extra points. No points tracking except for the 35/week, no weighing and measuring etc. I love it and I'm never hungry.

i am not very educated on my lean meats could you tell me a few lean meats...and congrats on the weight loss...and are you exercisein to?

Chicken (both white & dark), turkey, fish, most cuts of beef, 95% lean ground beef, lean ground turkey, eggs, egg substitute, non fat cheese (except cream cheese), beans if there is no sugar added, lentils. I don't eat pork but I'm sure the lean cuts of it are ok too. The WW Eat Wisely book has the core foods marked with a check mark in the food list.

I tried the Core program a little over a year ago and did well on it. I just got bored with it after a couple of weeks. I do think it's a good program. Maybe I'll give it another try soon, though I don't personally see myself doing Core forever.