Chuck Berry - Mr. Rock'n'Roll

Welcome to the Chuck Berry - Mr. Rock'n'Roll Forum

Chuck Berry - Mr. Rock'n'Roll
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jim Marsala

My maternal grandfather drummer Ebbie Hardy, who recorded the earlier tunes at Chess with Chuck Berry, passed away in December 1983. He was 69, a few days from his 70th birthday. Chuck Berry stopped by the house to pay his respects.

http://www.bebigg.com/music/musicians/ebbyhardy

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I think Jim is with Chuck on every tour in Europe this days. Chuck really want to tour with him. I remember the 2000 tour and I really like the english musicans he used (Mark Stevens on piano and Jeff Seopardie on drums) together with Jim Marsala on bass. But Graham Hollingworth is my favourite drummer together with Ebbie Hardy. But the sad thing is that Ebbie passed away cirka 1986. Johnnie Johnson told me that when he does the European tour with Chuck in 1987. The bass player this time was George French and the drummer was Herlin Riley. But this was more of jazz musicans and it was not really good. But it was great to see Chuck and Johnnie play together (good show!). Matt Murphy really is a great guitar player. Any people know the name of the drummer Chuck played with in Europe recent times? Also I will say it can be a little bit more "bulk mail" if you register to Yahoo. But it is not a big problem for me. I really can't say if it is dangeous... I can't go to see the show in Denmark (to much money for me) so I hope Chuck also come back to Sweden. Let It Rock! / Johan

Re: Re: Re: Jim Marsala

Jean,
I live in Lyon too.
Where is your shop where you buy discs ??!!!

Thanks