Caernarfon Ddoe/Caernarfon's Yesterdays

Croeso i Fforwm Caernarfon Ddoe. Os oes gennych unrhyw gwestiwn am hanes y Dref postiwch yma a fe fyddwn yn hapus i geisio eich ateb. Os da chi yn teimlo fedrwch helpu gyda unrhyw gwestiwn fydd eich cyfraniad yn groesawus dros ben. Atebir y cwestiynnau yn y Saesneg neu yn y Gymraeg ac yn yr iaith y gofynnir y cwestiwn.

Os oes gennych unrhyw gwestiwn hanes teuluol, postiwch nhw yn yr adran penodol a fe fydd Keith yn hapus i geisio eich ateb.

Welcome to the Caernarfon's Yesterdays Forum. If you have a question about any aspect of the town's history please post it here and we will be happy to try and assist. If you feel you can help with any question then please feel free to contribute. Questions will be answered in English or in Welsh and in the language in which the question is asked.

If you have any brief family history questions, please post them in the dedicated area and Keith will try and answer them for you.

Segontium Searchers

If you wish to employ our research service then email enquiries@segontium.com for an informal discussion about your needs.

Hanes Tref Caernarfon/Caernarfon Town History
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rhosgyll Fawr, Eionfydd

What do you know about Rhosgyll Fawr? The family of John Thomas (owner) is said to descend from Collwyn ap Tangno and also Owain Gwynedd. Is Rhosgyll Fawr the name of a town or manor.

John Parry married Anne Thomas, daughter of John Thomas, Gentleman of Rhosgyll Fawr, Eionfydd, Caernarvonshire,and they moved to Anglesey.

JOHN PARRY was born in Anelwog/Amelwog, Aberdaron, Caernarvonshire in 1726. He and wife ANNE THOMAS (1733-1812) moved to Llanpatrick/Llanbadrig, Anglesey after their marriage at Rhosgyll Fawr, Eifionydd, Caer.around 1770.

Thank you.

Betty Pace

Re: Rhosgyll Fawr, Eionfydd

Firstly, may I say that I am a Caernarfon TOWN Historian and as such have little knowledge of the Old Caernarfonshire families.

However, I happen to have the recently published book on the old families of CAERNARFON, MEIRIONNYDD A THREFALDWYN By T Ceiri Griffith, Gaerddu Fawr, Chwilog, Pwllheli, Gwynedd, LL53 6SY (Price £20)and on page 133 the family tree commences with the marriage of: Humphrey Lloyd, Rhosgill Fawr (Rhingyll Arfon c. 1550 to Jane vch (meaning daughter of) William Glynne. In the long list of names the name ANELOG, Aberdaron, Llyn appears.

Now I am not a Family Historian and would suggest that you hire one and/or contact the author to see whether he can help you as it is stipulated clearly on the home page that I only answer historical questions appertaining to the TOWN of Caernarfon. Keith Morris, the website owner does take on Family History work at a reasonable fee and it may well be worth your while contacting him direct.

Regards,

T Meirion Hughes

Re: Rhosgyll Fawr, Eionfydd

from alan davies in chester. mobile 07588430977.
i came across this site by accident.
my great grandfather Owen Davies lived at Rhosgyll.
my father (now 88) remembers going to visit him as a child. I have pictures taken around 3 years ago when we visited Rhosgyll.

I would love to catch up with any relations linked to Rhosgyll.

best regards.

Alan Davies 15th January 2011.
EMAIL : alwdavies3.kinnerton@virgin.net
MOBILE 07588430977