Caernarfon Ddoe/Caernarfon's Yesterdays

Croeso i Fforwm Caernarfon Ddoe. Os oes gennych unrhyw gwestiwn am hanes y Dref postiwch yma a fe fyddwn yn hapus i geisio eich ateb. Os da chi yn teimlo fedrwch helpu gyda unrhyw gwestiwn fydd eich cyfraniad yn groesawus dros ben. Atebir y cwestiynnau yn y Saesneg neu yn y Gymraeg ac yn yr iaith y gofynnir y cwestiwn.

Os oes gennych unrhyw gwestiwn hanes teuluol, postiwch nhw yn yr adran penodol a fe fydd Keith yn hapus i geisio eich ateb.

Welcome to the Caernarfon's Yesterdays Forum. If you have a question about any aspect of the town's history please post it here and we will be happy to try and assist. If you feel you can help with any question then please feel free to contribute. Questions will be answered in English or in Welsh and in the language in which the question is asked.

If you have any brief family history questions, please post them in the dedicated area and Keith will try and answer them for you.

Segontium Searchers

If you wish to employ our research service then email enquiries@segontium.com for an informal discussion about your needs.

Hanes Tref Caernarfon/Caernarfon Town History
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Edward Davies, Red Lion, Palace Street

Hi Terence,

All I know about Edward Davies is that he was born in Barmouth (Llanaber), Merionethshire in around 1795. He married Catherine Fisher, by Licence, at Llanbeblig parish church on the 31st May, 1819. Catherine was baptised at Llanbeblig on the 25th January, 1793, the daughter of William Fisher, a joiner, and his wife Jane.

Edward and Catherine appear to have had the following children:

Catherine (1820)
Owen (1822)
Edward (1823)
Jane (1825)
Mary (1826)
William (1827)
Griffith (1828)
Elizabeth (1829)
John (1830)
Margaret (1834)
Pierce Morgan (1835)

Catherine was buried at Llanbeblig on the 18th June 1861, and Edward was buried, coincidentally, on the 18th June 1866.

There does seem to be a connection between the family and Pierce Morgan, who died at the Red Lion in 1812. The couple named their youngest son after Pierce, and Pierce and his wife Dorothy are buried next to Edward and Catherine at Llanbeblig.

Regards,

Keith.

Re: Edward Davies, Red Lion, Palace Street

Thank you for your reply which I only opened today (sorry for not thanking you sooner) I did not know about their eldest daughter Catherine nor Pierce Morgan and Dorothy. I'm coming to Caernarfon for a few days next week to look around Llanbeblig and I have found your site very useful. Thank you for your help.

Regards Terry.