Return to Website

Lighthouse PLCs, Inc. : Automation Forum

THE PURPOSE OF THIS FORUM IS: AUTOMATION SOLUTIONS.  IF YOU ARE A PERSON INVOLVED IN SOME ASPECT OF AUTOMATION, HAVE AN APPLICATION YOU JUST CAN'T QUITE GET A HANDLE ON  - HAVE A PRODUCT QUESTION - OR MAYBE HAVE AN ISSUE WITH SOMETHING (EVEN IF IT IS WITH US    ), IT IS POSSIBLE YOU WILL FIND THE ANSWER HERE!!  

OR,  IF YOU  ABSOLUTELY KNOW  THE ANSWER, OR EVEN THINK  YOU KNOW THE ANSWER, THEN JUST POST IT! MAKE THAT REPLY!
YOU ARE PROBABLY RIGHT ON THE MARK, AND MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP SOMEBODY OUT!!    

AND, IT COULD BE YOU THAT NEEDS HELP NEXT TIME. AFTER ALL...(REALLY?).. ARE WE NOT ALL "CHILDREN" - AT VARIOUS POINTS ON THE LEARNING CURVE OF TECHNOLOGY" ???  (I know I've still got a lot to learn and I've been at it for... well since 1970!)

Hopefully the information presented here will help provide solutions to some of today's automation challenges. Some issues are probably old, some are probably new. Many are products of the economy, the resultant reduction in manpower, exacerbated by aging equipment crippled by decreases in maintenance budgets.  The ULTIMATE goal here is that we all become more successful in our careers and chosen professions.

MAYBE THIS FORUM CAN HELP!!! 

You know the rules - ADVERTISING IS NOT ALLOWED  ! 

This area is for we, :

No Offense Intended...the Fraternal Order of Propeller-Heads No Offense Intended

You know the rest - no flaming ,  profanity, blatant advertising,  etc., etc., blah, blah, blah.  If you are 5 years old, or feel like acting 5 years old, you really need to go outside and ride your bike - OH, and seek some professional therapy.  Yea, that would be good, too!

OH!  BTW, if you don't feel like providing your name/company, just put "Anonymous" / "Withheld"/ "Not On File" or Anything!  I promise we won't tell !

Note:  For best viewing..
We suggest switching to "Board Style" (below) rather than "Threaded Style" !
Your choice!  

PLC and Inverter Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What happened to the EMII/H200?

On April 3, 2007, I made a post regarding the "Stop in Production" of the Hitachi EMII Series. The EM began production in 1987, and with a CPU upgrade in 1990, became the EMII.

Although the actual manufacturing of the EM/EMII stopped in March 2008, as of this date Hitachi still has inventory of most items still in stock, as do we (Lighthouse PLCs, Inc.)

As the moderator of this forum, I decided it was finally time to drop the post regarding the "manufacturing stop" from the "top spot" and relegate it back into its proper place - chronologically speaking. You can still view the post here.

"Why", you might ask, "do I even bring this up?"

Well, 21 years is a pretty good run for any PLC. And ike most manufacturers, Hitachi would not have continued making the product as long as they did if it wasn't selling. We Americans tend to sometimes forget we live in a "Global Market". Do the math: "21YearsOfProduction" X "GlobalMarketing" = "1HellOfaLotOfPLCs". The point being that with Hitachi selling this series world-wide, plus two U.S. manufacturers brand labeling the product, a lot of people were affected by this announcement. (Over 400 people so far have read the original message.)

But, time marches on. Some of the EMII users have upgraded to the Hitachi recommended replacement - the
EH-150. Some have changed brands (IMNSHO bad idea ). And many are still running their EMII(and/or H200/250/252) until time forces their hand.

So to (finally) answer your question (above), I came to the conclusion that {a} some of you might wonder why I took down the "yellow sticky note"regarding the stop in production, {b} explain what is happening (with regards to the EMII/H200), {c} try to entice you to read the blog I just put up regarding "obsolescence", and {d} let you know that there are still EMII/H200-Series modules available -with stock at the Hitachi warehouse, and our warehouse (Oregon).

With the economy still in recovery, many of you have voiced the obvious. Constantly, we hear comments like; "We are starting to get back into production, but funds are still tight, competent people have not yet been re-hired. Therefore we need options to keep our system running until we can afford to upgrade." (Or, something similar.)

We are here to help you. We want you to know there are some support/transition options available to help you until you upgrade your system(s). Then we can help you upgrade into the EH-150/EHV-150. First, is with regards to the EMII/H200 Power Supply. This item started as PSM-A, then upgraded to PSM2-A, then finally to PSM2-A2. All were backwards compatible. Recently Hitachi announced that even though the EMII/H200 series manufacturing has (officially) ended, a power supply called (not so surprisingly) PSM3-A is being released (as soon as the old stock is depleted). The PSM3-A will replace all the previous PSM-A, but also the PSM-B/PSM2-B. Pretty beefy power supply. Watch for announcements in the website!!

Also, we (Lighthouse PLCs, Inc.) are releasing a product line to help the EMII/H200 users who choose to gradually move into the EH-150/EHV-150 line.
It is called, appropriately enough,
Look for the roll-out on this new I/O product line soon (check out the PLC section of the website).

So, bottom line? In regards to the EMII/H200 product line, "...We Ain't Dead Yet!"

Thank you for your continued support of Hitachi PLCs and Inverters!

Category: (VFD/PLC/HMI) hitachiplc@hotmail.com,3