Return to Website

Lighthouse PLCs, Inc. : Automation Forum

THE PURPOSE OF THIS FORUM IS: AUTOMATION SOLUTIONS.  IF YOU ARE A PERSON INVOLVED IN SOME ASPECT OF AUTOMATION, HAVE AN APPLICATION YOU JUST CAN'T QUITE GET A HANDLE ON  - HAVE A PRODUCT QUESTION - OR MAYBE HAVE AN ISSUE WITH SOMETHING (EVEN IF IT IS WITH US    ), IT IS POSSIBLE YOU WILL FIND THE ANSWER HERE!!  

OR,  IF YOU  ABSOLUTELY KNOW  THE ANSWER, OR EVEN THINK  YOU KNOW THE ANSWER, THEN JUST POST IT! MAKE THAT REPLY!
YOU ARE PROBABLY RIGHT ON THE MARK, AND MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP SOMEBODY OUT!!    

AND, IT COULD BE YOU THAT NEEDS HELP NEXT TIME. AFTER ALL...(REALLY?).. ARE WE NOT ALL "CHILDREN" - AT VARIOUS POINTS ON THE LEARNING CURVE OF TECHNOLOGY" ???  (I know I've still got a lot to learn and I've been at it for... well since 1970!)

Hopefully the information presented here will help provide solutions to some of today's automation challenges. Some issues are probably old, some are probably new. Many are products of the economy, the resultant reduction in manpower, exacerbated by aging equipment crippled by decreases in maintenance budgets.  The ULTIMATE goal here is that we all become more successful in our careers and chosen professions.

MAYBE THIS FORUM CAN HELP!!! 

You know the rules - ADVERTISING IS NOT ALLOWED  ! 

This area is for we, :

No Offense Intended...the Fraternal Order of Propeller-Heads No Offense Intended

You know the rest - no flaming ,  profanity, blatant advertising,  etc., etc., blah, blah, blah.  If you are 5 years old, or feel like acting 5 years old, you really need to go outside and ride your bike - OH, and seek some professional therapy.  Yea, that would be good, too!

OH!  BTW, if you don't feel like providing your name/company, just put "Anonymous" / "Withheld"/ "Not On File" or Anything!  I promise we won't tell !

Note:  For best viewing..
We suggest switching to "Board Style" (below) rather than "Threaded Style" !
Your choice!  

PLC and Inverter Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 9 Questions regarding Hitachi EH-150

Mr. Rankin,
Thank you for the good questions. Please find my answers (in bold) following your questions.

1) Please confirm that the EH-CPU448 has been replaced by the EH-CPU548.
==> Yes, EH-CPU548 will be the replacement for EH-CPU448.

2) Is the only difference between the EH-CPU516 and the EH-CPU548 the number of expansion racks (2 versus 4)?
==> No, the EH-CPU516 has 16kStpes of program memory and EH-CPU548 has 48kSteps. This and the No. of expansion racks is the only difference.

3) Is the LIBAT-H used solely for the clock and the protected memory?
(What else happens if it is eliminated?)
==> Yes, this is the only use for the battery. If the battery is empty, the rely time clock will not continue working during power off, the retentive memory will be lost and the Error LED will be blinking.

4) If we do not use the clock function, can we use the EH-MEMD for the protected memory and eliminate the need for the battery?
==> Yes, this is possible but the handling of EH-MEMD is little complex compared to standard WM/WR access.

5) Will the EH-MEMP handle the large capacity of the EH-CPU548 (w/ 48k Flash)?
==> EH-MEMP yes, but not EH-MEMD (limited to 16kSteps).

6) What is the EH-MEMD used for? (What is its purpose – only having program capacity of 16k steps)?
==> EH-MEMD was developed while EH-CPU316 was the CPU with the biggest memory, therefore the memory capacity is limited to 16kSteps. But the use of EH-MEMD is for data storage and for this purpose 384KWords are available on EH-MEMD beside the 16kSteps.

7) What can you tell us about the EH-HMEM05 (0.5MB Flash memory expansion)?
==> Memory expansion for smaller size EH-HMI (EH-TD10....).

What can you tell us about the EH-HMEM80 (8MB SSFDC Memory Card)?
==> SSFDC memory card for all EH-HMI touch panels and EH-OP20/30. Capacity 8MByte, 1 pcs. is delivered with each HMI.

9) In a unusually large and extremely complicated project, we have used up all available Timer points, and nearly all the Counter points for a program running in a EH-CPU316 processor. We need to know if the Extended Timer available in the EH-CPU548 will provide us with additional timers? Can you give us any details – like how they are used?
==> Add. Timer TM is available in EH-CPU448, 516 and 548. 2048points with time base 10ms.

I hope this helps with your project.
Regards,
Arnold Rupperath
Hitachi Europe GmbH