Return to Website

Lighthouse PLCs, Inc. : Automation Forum

THE PURPOSE OF THIS FORUM IS: AUTOMATION SOLUTIONS.  IF YOU ARE A PERSON INVOLVED IN SOME ASPECT OF AUTOMATION, HAVE AN APPLICATION YOU JUST CAN'T QUITE GET A HANDLE ON  - HAVE A PRODUCT QUESTION - OR MAYBE HAVE AN ISSUE WITH SOMETHING (EVEN IF IT IS WITH US    ), IT IS POSSIBLE YOU WILL FIND THE ANSWER HERE!!  

OR,  IF YOU  ABSOLUTELY KNOW  THE ANSWER, OR EVEN THINK  YOU KNOW THE ANSWER, THEN JUST POST IT! MAKE THAT REPLY!
YOU ARE PROBABLY RIGHT ON THE MARK, AND MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP SOMEBODY OUT!!    

AND, IT COULD BE YOU THAT NEEDS HELP NEXT TIME. AFTER ALL...(REALLY?).. ARE WE NOT ALL "CHILDREN" - AT VARIOUS POINTS ON THE LEARNING CURVE OF TECHNOLOGY" ???  (I know I've still got a lot to learn and I've been at it for... well since 1970!)

Hopefully the information presented here will help provide solutions to some of today's automation challenges. Some issues are probably old, some are probably new. Many are products of the economy, the resultant reduction in manpower, exacerbated by aging equipment crippled by decreases in maintenance budgets.  The ULTIMATE goal here is that we all become more successful in our careers and chosen professions.

MAYBE THIS FORUM CAN HELP!!! 

You know the rules - ADVERTISING IS NOT ALLOWED  ! 

This area is for we, :

No Offense Intended...the Fraternal Order of Propeller-Heads No Offense Intended

You know the rest - no flaming ,  profanity, blatant advertising,  etc., etc., blah, blah, blah.  If you are 5 years old, or feel like acting 5 years old, you really need to go outside and ride your bike - OH, and seek some professional therapy.  Yea, that would be good, too!

OH!  BTW, if you don't feel like providing your name/company, just put "Anonymous" / "Withheld"/ "Not On File" or Anything!  I promise we won't tell !

Note:  For best viewing..
We suggest switching to "Board Style" (below) rather than "Threaded Style" !
Your choice!  

PLC and Inverter Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hitachi EM

I have an old HITACHI PLC type EM-CPU and at the moment I want to make troubleshooting this PLC with using notebook or computer but I do not know what the tool or software that O have to order. So, could you please help me to get the information what I have to buy the software for communicate between CPU PLC EM type with my notebook.

Regards,

INDRA

Re: Hitachi EM

Indra,
There are three processors for the EM/EMII series. They are:
CPM-E Original CPU
CPM-E2 Processor speed increased, several functions added
CPM-E3 Same processor as CPM-E2, plus real time clock, serial communications port.

You can connect your laptop directly to the CPM-E3 processor’s serial port. For the CPM-E and CPM-E2, you need a serial protocol converter. Originally, there were two options.
PGM-JR2 Hand-Held programmer
PIF-J Interface Unit (obsolete – no longer available).

The PGM-JR2 is still being produced. It works with the following Hitachi PLCs: “J”, “E”, “EB”, “EC” (with adapter), “EM”, and “EMII”.

Worldwide, he most commonly used programming software for the “EM/EMII” series, is ActSip-E. When Furnas Electric brand labeled the “EM”, they also brand labeled ActSip-E, calling it MacLOLA. When Reliance Electric brand labeled the “EM”, they also brand labeled ActSip-E, calling it “Shark Programming Executive”, or SPX. This software is still being produced, and even though the current version is much more recent than MacLOLA or SPX, it will work on the Reliance and Furnas units.

In summary, if you do not have the CPM-E3 processor, you will need the PGM-JR2. The PGM-JR2 has a ribbon cable attached, which connects to your processor. The software comes with the cable that connects your laptop’s COM port to the PGM-JR2. As an option, the CPM-E3 processor costs less than the PGM-JR2. Therefore, it is less expensive to upgrade to the latest processor, eliminating the need for the PGM-JR2. The memory module in your earlier version processor will work without modification in the CPM-E3.

We hope this helps with your project!