​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The team to beat will be Americas

Americas will be the team to beat this season. They have Josh Fields returning who has a boat load of offers from colleges. He will be unstoppable. Ofcourse so long as he stays healthy and coach Melton doesn't milk him every game Americas will breeze through the competition. It's going to be a successful season for Americas and I will be at every game.

Re: The team to beat will be Americas

XTBlazer
Americas will be the team to beat this season. They have Josh Fields returning who has a boat load of offers from colleges. He will be unstoppable. Ofcourse so long as he stays healthy and coach Melton doesn't milk him every game Americas will breeze through the competition. It's going to be a successful season for Americas and I will be at every game.

Joshua Fields does not have as you put it a boat load of offers. He has 2 offers from Utep and New Mexico. He does however have some interests by other Universities. There's a big difference between an actual offer and interest.

An offer is we love you so much that we want you to commit to us now, sign with us on signing day, and we will fully pay for your education.

Schools that have made offers to Joshua are New Mexico and Utep

An interest is we like you but we don't love you enough just yet to offer you at this time but we will keep an eye on you by maybe going to some of your games and maybe go to some of your practices and maybe we will visit you and your parents at your home and talk and maybe invite you to our campus.

Schools that are interested in Joshua are Colorado, Texas Tech, Stanford, Michigan and Texas State

Joshua is talented but he is stoppable.

How are we doing the team to beat threads already. This is now the second franklin apparently and now americas is the team to beat. LOL how about these teams actually get through spring ball. I know folks are just trying to get things going on the message board though lol.

Chris
XTBlazer

Joshua Fields does not have as you put it a boat load of offers. He has 2 offers from Utep and New Mexico. He does however have some interests by other Universities. There's a big difference between an actual offer and interest.

An offer is we love you so much that we want you to commit to us now, sign with us on signing day, and we will fully pay for your education.

Schools that have made offers to Joshua are New Mexico and Utep

An interest is we like you but we don't love you enough just yet to offer you at this time but we will keep an eye on you by maybe going to some of your games and maybe go to some of your practices and maybe we will visit you and your parents at your home and talk and maybe invite you to our campus.

Schools that are interested in Joshua are Colorado, Texas Tech, Stanford, Michigan and Texas State

Joshua is talented but he is stoppable.

and this sounds like a little hate lol. I saw that kid destroy folks last year. kid is the best player in town by far right now. His team mate might be number 2 in town the big lb kid.

Joshua will easily have more offers by mid season. The only question is which program will he choose and will he have an impact at the collegiate level and keep making a name for himself. Only time will tell

There is more talent on our team than just fields.

Intheknow
Joshua will easily have more offers by mid season. The only question is which program will he choose and will he have an impact at the collegiate level and keep making a name for himself. Only time will tell

I agree with you Intheknow. Check out this video of Joshua that I found on EP Gridirons youtube channel!!!

Nice video!!! I hope he signs with UTEP.

Americas has to many voids to fill. Hopefully players with no experience are able to step up and fill those voids immediately. If they do then yes the team to beat will be Americas.

BlazerDad
Americas has to many voids to fill. Hopefully players with no experience are able to step up and fill those voids immediately. If they do then yes the team to beat will be Americas.

Don't know what you are seeing cause I don't see any voids in our team all I see are many skilled athletes on both sides of the ball.

The voids I am sure that he might be referring to is the void at QB as foster is leaving. Huge shoes to fill.

Who will be the AHS QB this season? Any of you Blazer alumni/parents got any players to watch for outside of Fields and Linndeman?

any info would be appreciated. I see on max preps there was a guy with stats that was an underclassmen. Is that who it will be.

It will probably be P.J. Turner

Eastside
It will probably be P.J. Turner

Was he a DB last season?

Jacob Monarez

Jacob Monarez at WR will be one to watch, had a nice quite season last year, 7 TD's, more than 700 yards receiving, best hands in town. He's a burner...

It will be interesting to see how Fields plays CB and if it affects his stamina in the run game, particularly in the 4th quarter. If I was an opposing coach I would have my WR (that he's covering) run go routes the entire game to wear him out.

Americas is definitely the team to beat!!!

Yawn...someone trying to ressurrect this thread

No disrespect but Fields can be stopped. MW proved this last season so unless Americas has a backup plan, I expect to see the same thing this season between these two teams. Personally, I think El Dorado will be the team to beat this season. Stopping Barfield, Hampton, Henderson, Hill, Hernandez, Ramirez and any other playmaker that they have hidden away will be key.

SW
Americas is definitely the team to beat!!!

Without question Americas will be tough to beat but they are beatable and Montwood, Franklin, and even small time Eastwood could beat them.

Yesterday I overheard some gentleman discussing Americas football and I heard one of them mention that it looks like they may be without a key player this season. Anybody know if that's true or bs?

I believe in every sport the team to beat is the champion from the year before, therefore El Do would be the team to beat. Yeah, I know everyone is going to say that they weren't bi-district or state champs.

mark50doza
I believe in every sport the team to beat is the champion from the year before, therefore El Do would be the team to beat. Yeah, I know everyone is going to say that they weren't bi-district or state champs.

Of course you would say that.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m