Forum: EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
This is Sparta!

Pebble Hills will be a powerhouse. Mark my words. Champions in due time.

Re: This is Sparta!

I dont even think this is a real post lol. This is someone trying to get the board fired up so they can go in on pebble hills lol.

.......great positive attitude.....although I'm pretty sure their first district game is against Franklin.....Pebble Hills lost to their ...2 win JV team last year......SOOOOOOO......im thinking the varsity squad is gonna drop a 60 burger on them....maaaybe Sparta gets a TD or two.......Franklin will have something to prove to Mr. Torres......like the Armenian slave trader in the movie TAKEN says....."GOOT LAAK"....

Spartan dad that is blasphemy!!! That is madness!!!

Mission accomplished spartan dad lol. I promise you the ph parents do t really believe this. This was someone fishing so that folks would start badhimg ph. Dang.......it worked.

Quote: Edgar
Spartan dad that is blasphemy!!! That is madness!!!

That's funny

in what?? Cross country?

Pebble hills has the best defensive coordinator in the city, if not the state. Contreras is young and innovative. Played at utep and has all the modern ideas. Expect Sparta to make some noise

Yawn lol

Quote: Jamez
Pebble hills has the best defensive coordinator in the city, if not the state. Contreras is young and innovative. Played at utep and has all the modern ideas. Expect Sparta to make some noise

How many rings does he have?

What does how many rings matter, he is better than any DC in El paso

.....really.....Franklin is gonna drop a 50 burger on SPARTA!!!!!....then come back on this thread....

Sparta is young , does not take away from the fact that coach Contreras is the best in the city. Who's better?

...fair enough....welcome to 6A!!!......Im sure you guys will do well ..

Quote: Sparky
.....really......

Stop using my username little kid!!!!!

The real Sparky has spoken.

Sparta is young , does not take away from the fact that coach Contreras is the best in the city. Who's better?

Smh

Hmmmm this chap is lost and in need of a good map and compass. This is not Sparta as I have been to Sparta many times on my travels. This is a forum. I apologize for my thinking out loud please proceed.

Quote: Spartan_Dad
Pebble Hills will be a powerhouse. Mark my words. Champions in due time.

Spartan_Dad you must be a comedian

PH first varsity game is vs Eastlake. We'll see how this team looks right off the bat

Pebble Hills What? Contreras Who? Give us a resume of what both of these have done? Pebble Hills won't be getting in the playoffs anytime soon? Those coaches will be looking for answers after the season. It's called horses and you all have none. Good luck next year as That this is Sparta chant will mean nothing and at the end of year you all will be recovering from a beat down week in and week out.

How about a trip to the final four for a resume, Contreras had the defence ready every week. A proven winner.

How about a trip to the final four for a resume, Contreras had the defence ready every week. A proven winner.

Like that other character stated NO HORSES on the line like he had at Canutes. Great players make a coaches resume look great.

Contreras was the defensive coord. At canutillo?

It does look like rain for the Spartans spring game

He was the safety and corners coach.

Like the other guys said before, your coaches will be scratching their heads at the end of the season. Not impressed at All with your spring game. Only potential horse is your RB and that's it. You guys better get ready for a rude awaking and a wild ride!

Quote: Yawn
Like the other guys said before, your coaches will be scratching their heads at the end of the season. Not impressed at All with your spring game. Only potential horse is your RB and that's it. You guys better get ready for a rude awaking and a wild ride!

I agree Pebble Hills better get ready for a rude awakening and a wild ride just like El Dorado, Franklin, Americas and Montwood always get in the 2nd round of the playoffs. LMAO

It will take time, like any new high school starting off. I've been very impressed with the atmosphere that coach Torres has created. He's all business and we all have high expectations for the future. We will be a Varsity team without seniors this coming year so I believe we all have our expectations in check. Our freshman team was solid last year beating Americas, El Do and Socorro so we should be able to compete in the near future.

They have a solid nucleus and terrific coaching. This year will be a great learning experience.

Ok IMO, I just watched the video of the spring game. Take this with a grain of salt. First off they basically are a glorified JV team so yes they will take their lumps. Analysis of the game. I did not see the whole thing just the youtube video. Their QB is suspect and I imagine that is why they didn't throw much. NOw running the ball isn't a bad thing, but since their offensive line is not very physical it might be a problem. The RB will eventually be a good player but he doesn't look very physically developed and that will cause an issue down the stretch with injuries in 1-6a. The Defense looks undersized, again that is ok if they are strong enough. I couldn't tell how strong they were because the O line wasn't very physical. They are a few years away but will eventually be pretty good. My prediction for next year is 1 district win vs. Socorro. They should protect their better players when they go against the Big Dogs......

I think a lot of our enthusiasm comes from knowing we are the largest high school in the county and are right in the middle of one of the fastest growing areas of the city. Sure, we might be a few years away but I think the future is bright!

Quote: Spartandad
I think a lot of our enthusiasm comes from knowing we are the largest high school in the county and are right in the middle of one of the fastest growing areas of the city. Sure, we might be a few years away but I think the future is bright!
That's a great and true statement right there. You guys will be just fine in the future!

Spartandad,

There is always a buzz and excitement that surrounds a new school and football program. Eastlake created a stir a few years back (both good and bad) so expect both positive and negative feedback as the Spartans take the field. Nonetheless, good luck to your boys as things will be much harder on the varsity level. Eastlake found that out.

BTW, Per UIL numbers, El Dorado is still the largest school in the county followed by Franklin, Coronado, Pebble Hills, Montwood. Just food for thought.

http://www.uiltexas.org/files/alignments/2016_Rank_Order.pdf

Quote: El Ferna

Spartandad,

There is always a buzz and excitement that surrounds a new school and football program. Eastlake created a stir a few years back (both good and bad) so expect both positive and negative feedback as the Spartans take the field. Nonetheless, good luck to your boys as things will be much harder on the varsity level. Eastlake found that out.

BTW, Per UIL numbers, El Dorado is still the largest school in the county followed by Franklin, Coronado, Pebble Hills, Montwood. Just food for thought.

http://www.uiltexas.org/files/alignments/2016_Rank_Order.pdf

That's good info right there. Thanks! But that is by enrollment and I was referring to real estate and size of actual school. When we have all 4 grades attending we should have the highest enrollment in El Paso before long.

Spartandad,

UIL uses funny math to arrive at new school data. They don't use the two class data as in PHHS case but rather extrapolate to four classes. They take current data for two classes and extrapolate to arrive at the number you see in the spreadsheet. Truth be told, don't know if they simply double current numbers for PHHS or if they take the numbers that exist at the 7, 8, 9 and 10 level. Nonetheless, for four classes PHHS still trails the other schools. But who knows what the future holds. Eastlake is expected to join the 6A party in two years as they are on the 5A/6A cusp right now. And with the population growth out here on the Horizon, the future looks bright. Fear the Falcon....

El Ferna

Oh I bet your right. I remember coach saying that they take the current enrollment and double it to arrive at the enrollment number. That makes sense because with just two classes there's no way we are the 3rd or 4th biggest. Cool, thanks for the info.

All I gotta say is they're a jv team coming up and they have not expirenced a real varsity setting. They're gonna be shocked and won't play to what the hoped. But yes they might be able to beat soccoro

Quote: The truth
All I gotta say is they're a jv team coming up and they have not expirenced a real varsity setting. They're gonna be shocked and won't play to what the hoped. But yes they might be able to beat soccoro

Truth, I assure you that everyone to include the players, coaches, and parents all are very well aware we are playing against a stacked deck, without any seniors. So to say we will be "shocked" is not true.

Quote: IAM
It does look like rain for the Spartans spring game

Different Topic: Pebble - Sup with those Ugly A_ _ Colors. U otta be switching to Red & Black or Gold. Just Saying...

Pebble hills just isn't ready to play with the big boys looking at what they did last season

It seems like some of these folks trying to convince themselves that pebble hills is bad. What are you guys worried about if they aren't going to be good. Let u play out. You dont. Need to keep talking them.

EP Gridiron has us preseason #21
and
El Paso Times has us preseason #19

I like El Paso Times preseason ranking of us alot more. We will win some games.

Quote: Spartan
EP Gridiron has us preseason #21
and
El Paso Times has us preseason #19

I like El Paso Times preseason ranking of us alot more. We will win some games.

Until #18 Socorro was posted I wasn't sure PH was #19

Thought maybe he was just running a store in them

I doubt they will win much this first year. Even if the program is set up to succeed in the future, it is probably too difficult to do without seniors. At that age, the body is developing fast, so there is a significant physical difference from one grade to another. A large enrollment might counteract this with a big talent pool, but if the enrollment I've seen is an extrapolation, then it won't help them. The most I'd expect for them this year is to maybe to win a couple games and be competitive in a few others. It's a tough district.

Irvin & Soccoro are winnable games, the rest will be tough

This will be similar to Eastlake in every way. Growing pains to succes. Will be a little tougher though 1-6a is a bit tougher

Quote: Supporter
This will be similar to Eastlake in every way. Growing pains to succes. Will be a little tougher though 1-6a is a bit tougher

I dont think so. Nothing in common other than being a new school.

How's that working out?

Not to good, unless allowing a boat load of points is a good thing.

EL ferna, do you know Eastlake's Enrollment figures right now?

37-0 at half to americas, how's that DC working out

You still think this?? Hahaha

I am laughing....Contreras was a JV coach at Canutillo. First of all, how the hell did he get hired at Sparta? Laughing still

Quote: Borre
Contreras was the defensive coord. At canutillo?
No he wasnt. He was the towel boy.

Wtf are people ragging on contreras like that. He really is a good young coach. He cannonly work with what he has. He will grow as a coach. I still dont even think this was a pebble hills fan that started this thread. I think it was someone fishing to get the spartans ragged on. Let them grow up..

It's a learning process and that's a young team that will be pretty good. I think that he will do well.

Who the hell is this Contreras guy. Don't tell me he was a jv coach and now is coordinating 6A ball. No wonder....

We dont even let it bother us. Its probably just one bitter individual posting under different names each week. Im sure he'll be back again in the coming weeks. Just shows how pathetic & immature some people are.

Okay, there is enough blame to go around.. Who is the OC? Not many points scored either. SMH

Your time will come Spartans, the talent is there. You guys are young and eager. Your coaching staff is solid. Don't let a few bumps on the road redirect you from your path.

Don't let the El Paso haters get to you. Do your thing! Your time will come...

I'm curious as to what people predict for the Spartans in 2017. The Spartans had 2 wins in 2016 against Irvin and Socorro. We'll be the only team returning every starter plus adding depth from this years JV squad players moving up. We'll definitely take a step forward but how big will that step be is the question. Predictions please.

Also, how did El Do and Eastlake do in their respective 2nd seasons?

Spartandad,

Honestly I would not be surprised if Pebble Hills ended up 4th in the district. I think they have the talent to compete for that last playoff spot. Now all of that is determined by their work this off-season, which should have started. Coach Torres is a good coach and I'm sure he will have these kids ready come August. This past year was their first year competing on Varsity, next year they will have had that one year of speed and experience under their belt and I think it will show. Looking forward to how they do next season.

I'm curious as to what people predict for the Spartans in 2017. The Spartans had 2 wins in 2016 against Irvin and Socorro. We'll be the only team returning every starter plus adding depth from this years JV squad players moving up. We'll definitely take a step forward but how big will that step be is the question. Predictions please.

Hey SpartyDad,

No predictions but Sparta will be very competitive and could very likely make the playoffs.

Eastlake went 8-3 their second year in Varsity and 7-1 in district. They were District Co-Champs along with Canutillo and Del Valle. They lost in Bi-District to Chapin 22-14.

Thanks for the comments. Making the playoffs would be huge for our program! Next year cannot get hear soon enough.

Quote: El Ferna

Hey SpartyDad,

No predictions but Sparta will be very competitive and could very likely make the playoffs.

Eastlake went 8-3 their second year in Varsity and 7-1 in district. They were District Co-Champs along with Canutillo and Del Valle. They lost in Bi-District to Chapin 22-14.

pebble 0lays in a different district. i predict 2 more wins.....andress and coronado, but much closer games. theybwint get blown out by the big time 6as next year. they will be much more competitive. but down the stretch they will be the team to beat. 2 or 3 years down the road.

If you want two more wins you better schedule hanks and Austin, lil brother sparty was just played with like a toy last year

^^^^^^well that is just straight hate lol

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m