​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wide Recievers to watch for in 5A

Which Recievers would be a good eye to watch on this year?

Re: Wide Recievers to watch for in 5A

well I wanted to put romney and navarro on the list from franklin however romney moved to chandler and navarro isn't playing football. I will List Andrus from Montwood, Hampton and Hernandez from El Dorado, Monarez from Americas. Not saying no one else is any good but these are the guys I remember from this year and are returners.

supporter
well I wanted to put romney and navarro on the list from franklin however romney moved to chandler and navarro isn't playing football. I will List Andrus from Montwood, Hampton and Hernandez from El Dorado, Monarez from Americas. Not saying no one else is any good but these are the guys I remember from this year and are returners.
I like your list. Montwoods Andrus should shine his Junior year with his former QB at the helm and El Do's Hernandez will finish his last year as one of El Paso's top receivers, he's a lot of fun to watch, much like Eastwoods Richie.

I found it odd that the times snubbed hernandez for hampton when it came to all city when hernandez number were far better. The times just believes the hype. Hernandez was eldos best receiver by far......guess the little mexican can't get any love. Keep ballin Jorge.

Yea Hernandez in my eyes was their go to guy in a clutch. Hampton's hype to me is overrated but that's just my opinion, although he did have a couple of good plays. I think Hernandez will have a breakout year and finally get the recognition he deserves.

The topic is "Wide Receivers to watch in 5A" but I will include 6A WRs as well:

1-5A
Ivan Avina Jr Eastlake
Carlos Cardenas Sr Ysleta
Jermiah Perkins Sr Hanks
Evan Villalva Sr Del Valle
Ryan Wilson Jr Chapin

1-6A
Tyreese Andrus Jr Montwood
Tyquez Hampton Sr El Dorado
Jorge Hernandez Sr El Dorado
Julien Perez Sr Montwood
Chris Vargas Sr Coronado

Note: I anticipate there will be some breakout WRs this season that are not on my list including among others:

Edward Garibay Jr Montwood
Cameron Hill Jr El Dorado
Orlando Olivas Jr Eastlake

Jamil Gentry from Bel Air is nice! He had a good season last year and I believe earned All-District honors.. He should have a even better senior season..
Evan Villalva from Del Valle is a beast as well!
Wouldn't be surprised if both end up in the All Star Game!

heat6 i agree with you on Jamil Gentry, i think he will have a huge season after leading Bel Air in TDs and yards last season.

Sophomore Tyreese Andrus from Montwood is another D1 caliber WR to watch for in the coming season.

Canutillo ATH: Joseph Paz
Canutillo WR: Oscar Del Real
Eastlake: Entire unit
Chapin: Entire unit

1-5A is bowie
Burges
Jefferson
El paso high
Chapin
Andress