EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Eastlake will be the last team standing again

Our program is getting better and better each year. Our players might not be big and our players might not be the fastest but we will always compete and be the last team standing in El Paso.

Re: Eastlake will be the last team standing again

Falcon4Life
Our program is getting better and better each year. Our players might not be big and our players might not be the fastest but we will always compete and be the last team standing in El Paso.

Love your enthusiasm falcon 4 life but every team has to reprove themselves .... And although this team should be great this year !!!! It's to early to tell!!! They have the horses to do it with but they still have to gel as a team .... Team looking good so far !!! But in my own personal opinion ... Not good enough to be the last team standing yet !!! Hopefully will eventually get there !! . Fear the falcon !!!

It's these kinds of post that make the rest of el paso think that you guys think you are the best around. I have mad respect for the accomplishments you guys have had... but please understand the 6a road to the playoffs and into the playoffs is much more difficult. 6a teams are dessimated by the time they get to the playoffs. It's a struggle to get in and then a struggle while you are in. remember a team with a district loss dropped 70 on you guys. Now imagine playing that caliber team every weak. Good luck and stand talk for el paso but let's respect all.

Supporter
It's these kinds of post that make the rest of el paso think that you guys think you are the best around. I have mad respect for the accomplishments you guys have had... but please understand the 6a road to the playoffs and into the playoffs is much more difficult. 6a teams are dessimated by the time they get to the playoffs. It's a struggle to get in and then a struggle while you are in. remember a team with a district loss dropped 70 on you guys. Now imagine playing that caliber team every weak. Good luck and stand talk for el paso but let's respect all.
Very well said Supporter, I like what they got going on at Eastlake but these kind of posts makes me root for the other team at times. They got 2 more years before they step up to 6A and scrap every single week. Until then keep representing El Paso well, but stay humble Falcons.

Falcon4Life

Good luck to your 5a falcons and hopefully after the season eastlake will finally have a football player who signs with a division one college which is something they have never had.

It's neither here nor there west side pride....... But actually eastlake does have a player that signed with a D1 school Chris Barnwell class of 2015 ... He signed with Utep !!!!

kingsrealm
It's neither here nor there west side pride....... But actually eastlake does have a player that signed with a D1 school Chris Barnwell class of 2015 ... He signed with Utep !!!!

Utep does not count LOL, Just kidding but Utep should drop to division II.

And he was not a full ride.

PestsidePride you don't know anything so stop being a pest.

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Chris-Barnwell-81983/RecruitInterests

WestsidePride
kingsrealm

Utep does not count LOL, Just kidding but Utep should drop to division II.

And he was not a full ride.

Lol !!! I hear you...

Eastlake will do well again this year, and maybe get another round further into the playoffs. Still not state champion worthy but I do think they'd beat most 6A teams in El Paso or at the very least give them a run for their money. I do agree that they should be pumping out more D1 players than they have and I strongly believe this is the year they have some qualified candidates to do just that.

Adrian Chavez has the heart of a D1 recruit but unfortunately not the size, may be a D2 at best if anything at all. But he has been a fun high school player to watch. I believe it ends here for him.
QB Keith Tarango has the size, arm and skill set that D1 schools look for, but can the coaches convince a D1 school that he is the real deal. I want to say he'll go D1 but a sure bet at D2.
OL Robert Lazarin is probably the best bet at a D1 recruit. He's got the size to get to the next level and has been an anchor on that line for three years. He needs to put together a final solid year to put the icing on the cake.

thisthat
Eastlake will do well again this year, and maybe get another round further into the playoffs. Still not state champion worthy but I do think they'd beat most 6A teams in El Paso or at the very least give them a run for their money. I do agree that they should be pumping out more D1 players than they have and I strongly believe this is the year they have some qualified candidates to do just that.

They'd beat most 6A teams in El Paso? Eastlake can't even beat El Dorado.
http://elpasoheraldpost.com/el-dorado-downs-eastlake/

PaperBoy
thisthat

Not sure what your point is paperboy .... " can't even beat El Dorado". You make it seem like they were at the bottom of the totem pole last year !!!! Give El Dorado the credit they deserve !!! They were your 6a district champions !!! SMH !!!

Eastlake was the last team standing in 2015. The kid never said Eastlake was the best...he even said Eastlake was not the biggest or fastest but will compete and will be the last team standing. All these are true except the last which was just boasting.....but hey Eastlake has a very good chance of being the last team standing....5A or 6A. Tell me Supporter, which team has a better chance in 2016?

1st off I am not hating.....I appreciate Eastlake and how they stand tall for El Paso. Eastlake will win their 1st round game now doubt. 2nd round will be more difficult with realignment. but the whole post was a little disrespectful. I do believe eastlake could play with the 6a schools however playing at that level week in and week out is why it is so difficult to move on in the playoffs. Good luck though. Hopefully you don't draw Amarillo High....those guys are good and physical.

kingsrealm
PaperBoy
thisthat

Not sure what your point is paperboy .... " can't even beat El Dorado". You make it seem like they were at the bottom of the totem pole last year !!!! Give El Dorado the credit they deserve !!! They were your 6a district champions !!! SMH !!!

kingsgetrealman what about 2014? Do you have an excuse for 2014? I'm sure you do. In 2014 El Dorado was not district champions and Eastlake still lost to El Dorado. Hell Eastlake couldn't even beat weak Andress and Onate. Please no excuses.

Again paper boy what's your point ? You just went all the way back to 2013 when you mentioned andress !!! That's why the game is played and every season is a new beginning For every team not just eastlake homie !!! Eastlakes wins or losses in the past are meaningless it will not define who or what they do this year !!! For all we know they can go undefeated this season or not have a single win...but that is yet to be seen!!!! So your argument is far fetched to say the least and doesn't hold water for this upcoming season!!! So Start living in the here and now !!! Because what it comes down to is what you do today tomorrow and the day after that !!! So take your own advice about keeping it real ..sit back ... relax.... and make your argument once the season starts !!!! .

Supporter

If my post makes the rest of El Paso think that Eastlake is the best around then that is a good thing and ofcourse you should have mad respect for Eastlakes accomplishments because we have earned it. 6a? OMG why do you bring up 6a in this thread that I started and when Eastlake is not even 6a. Eastlake currently plays in the district that it is assigned to by UIL. Take your issue to the UIL.

Eastlake will be the last team standing again and you can take that to the bank.

Actually read my post and then comment.......digest it.

We will see about that falcon4life

OFOD
We will see about that falcon4life[/quote

OFOD= Obsolete Falcons Own District !

PIFT last I checked the 2016 football season has not happened yet which means that noone has won district so I don't know what you are talking about. I think maybe you are living in the past but we are in a new year and the season has not taken place so like I said we will see about that.

OFOD
PIFT last I checked the 2016 football season has not happened yet which means that noone has won district so I don't know what you are talking about. I think maybe you are living in the past but we are in a new year and the season has not taken place so like I said we will see about that.

Good point the season has not yet started but you can count on them FALCONS to be in the mix for district and more this coming season, As for the past it been good for this young program who is getting better and better very season. With that said Goodluck to all teams this coming season.

FEAR the FALCONS!!!

Lmao what happened ?

Funbucket
Lmao what happened ?

We're still standing.. Go Falcons!

Standing 3rd at 6-3.

STANDING WHERE ...... OUTSIDE IN LINE BUYING A TICKET TO SEE CANUTILLO PLAY IN ODESSA TX

Friday is a coming Flint! Not how you start but how you finish! Go Falcons!

Won't be standing anymore after Friday's whooping.

Reality is Eastlake is playing in a district with lower enrollment numbers and still getting their money worth...

Canuts Fan
Won't be standing anymore after Friday's whooping.

Canatillo is know to be an unbalanced team, without rb Moya and no passing game? Looks like you guys are getting the whooping!!

Falcons- 42
Eagles-10

This game won't be a blowout by any means, stop talking like our team is as good as you and I would want it to be. I give canutillo the edge because they are at home but anything can happen. Let's hope both teams stay healthy and can beat district 1-5a next week. Best of luck to everyone. Prediction 27-24?

Eastlake should be moved to 6A soon due to poulation and that will show where they stand with the Big Boys; El Dorado, Montwood, America's. Playing at the 6A level is not a walk in the park like 5A. Can't compare playing El Dorado, America's and Montwood consecutively, as playing Ysleta, Horizon, Hanks and even Del Valle. Eastwood, Franklin and Coronado would be in the top of 5A if they were in that district. Let's all be realistic...

Biggie
Eastlake should be moved to 6A soon due to poulation and that will show where they stand with the Big Boys; El Dorado, Montwood, America's. Playing at the 6A level is not a walk in the park like 5A. Can't compare playing El Dorado, America's and Montwood consecutively, as playing Ysleta, Horizon, Hanks and even Del Valle. Eastwood, Franklin and Coronado would be in the top of 5A if they were in that district. Let's all be realistic...

So whats your point?

Biggie I think Eastlake should worry more about beating the 5a teams first ,like Canuts.

Biggie you're an idiot. This thread has nothing to do with 5A being better than 6A,but if you'd like to go that route I'm glad to oblige. El Do is considered the best 6A team I think we can all agree on that, in non district Eastlake took on the top 6A team and lost by ten even after two fumbles in the red zone by Eastlake, I believe if they played again Eastlake take that game. Canuts dominated Coronado also in non district play and Del Valle always plays 6A teams in non district and gives them a run for their money. If all were in the same district it would be Canuts, El Do, America's, Eastlake, Chapin in the top five. That's the the reality of it Big. 6A not that far ahead of 5A.

Canuts Fan
Biggie you're an idiot. This thread has nothing to do with 5A being better than 6A,but if you'd like to go that route I'm glad to oblige. El Do is considered the best 6A team I think we can all agree on that, in non district Eastlake took on the top 6A team and lost by ten even after two fumbles in the red zone by Eastlake, I believe if they played again Eastlake take that game. Canuts dominated Coronado also in non district play and Del Valle always plays 6A teams in non district and gives them a run for their money. If all were in the same district it would be Canuts, El Do, America's, Eastlake, Chapin in the top five. That's the the reality of it Big. 6A not that far ahead of 5A.

Canutillo has had some good teams in recent years but your comment carries no weight when you plug in to all this that Canutillo can't even beat Franklin when they have played a couple of times. Franklin always beats Canutillo.

Chill out I'm not saying that 6A is better than 5A that you will never hear me say but the fact remains that Canutillo can't even beat Franklin. Eastlake can't even beat El Dorado. The only time 5A teams can beat 6A teams are when 5A teams play 6A teams that wind up having horrible seasons and were never the top 6A teams.

Here are some opinions of mine with some facts.

This year El Dorado, Americas, Montwood, and Franklin would have beat Canutillo if they were to have played.

This year Coronado and Socorro the worst teams in 6A were beat by Canutillo. Not only did Canutillo beat Coronado and Socorro but hell most every other team has beating Coronado and Socorro. For petes sake even Pebble Hills beat Socorro.

Canutillo would have trouble with Eastwood and Eastwood would possibly beat Canutillo and Eastwood is not even a playoff team.

Del Valle has played El Dorado twice in 2012 and 2013 and both times Del Valle lost to El Dorado. Eastlake also loses to El Dorado every time they have played each other.

Once again I'm not saying 6A is better than 5A just making some points by posting facts and I know this will get on people's nerves and that's ok I understand that as facts always seem to do that to people.

Juco
Canuts Fan

Canutillo has had some good teams in recent years but your comment carries no weight when you plug in to all this that Canutillo can't even beat Franklin when they have played a couple of times. Franklin always beats Canutillo.

Chill out I'm not saying that 6A is better than 5A that you will never hear me say but the fact remains that Canutillo can't even beat Franklin. Eastlake can't even beat El Dorado. The only time 5A teams can beat 6A teams are when 5A teams play 6A teams that wind up having horrible seasons and were never the top 6A teams.

Here are some opinions of mine with some facts.

This year El Dorado, Americas, Montwood, and Franklin would have beat Canutillo if they were to have played.

This year Coronado and Socorro the worst teams in 6A were beat by Canutillo. Not only did Canutillo beat Coronado and Socorro but hell most every other team has beating Coronado and Socorro. For petes sake even Pebble Hills beat Socorro.

Canutillo would have trouble with Eastwood and Eastwood would possibly beat Canutillo and Eastwood is not even a playoff team.

Del Valle has played El Dorado twice in 2012 and 2013 and both times Del Valle lost to El Dorado. Eastlake also loses to El Dorado every time they have played each other.

Once again I'm not saying 6A is better than 5A just making some points by posting facts and I know this will get on people's nerves and that's ok I understand that as facts always seem to do that to people.

Would have, could have, should have...........that my friend is why they play the game. There is a saying in football and all though we play on Fridays it still applies......On any given Sunday. I like our chances against any of the top tier 6A teams...

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m