​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Eastwood Troopers 2016?

To some eastwood's recent up coming as a powerhouse wasn't to impressive but to some they call it just the beginning of a new era of football.

after graduating probably one of the best QB and WRs combos the city has seen in year with Mark Torrez and Wideouts like Richie Rodriguez, Erin Portillo and Heber Ovalles

What does the future hold for the Troop Nation? the defense will be hold it's ground but what is expected from the trooper offense?

Re: Eastwood Troopers 2016?

Offense should be fine. It will be tough to replace richies production but there are a ton of good athletes coming up for the troop at the reciever position. Freshmen and jv were a combined 18-2 last year so there is some good young talent there.

Fan
To some eastwood's recent up coming as a powerhouse wasn't to impressive but to some they call it just the beginning of a new era of football.

after graduating probably one of the best QB and WRs combos the city has seen in year with Mark Torrez and Wideouts like Richie Rodriguez, Erin Portillo and Heber Ovalles

What does the future hold for the Troop Nation? the defense will be hold it's ground but what is expected from the trooper offense?

One of the best QB and WR's combos? Yeah whatever. One of our Montwood underclassmen Tyreese Andrus owned #12 Mark Torrez, #5 Richie Rodriguez and #10 Erin Portillo. Thank God for EP Gridiron because they have a video in their youtube channel where it shows proof of this and here is the video so no one will say that I'm BSing

Wow someone is sensitive. No one was bashing montwood there defense was among the best in 6a and they did a great job against eastwood. But if you dont think mark and richie were among the best in the city then you have no clue about football.

Observer
Wow someone is sensitive. No one was bashing montwood there defense was among the best in 6a and they did a great job against eastwood. But if you dont think mark and richie were among the best in the city then you have no clue about football.

I'm going by what I saw and those 3 player's you mentioned didn't do anything against our underclassmen.

YFDad
Observer

I'm going by what I saw and those 3 player's you mentioned didn't do anything against our underclassmen.

I remember Richie putting a couple of moves on Tyreese that game. You're making it seem like it was a blow out, montwood won in the final couple of minutes. I guess you think a highlight reel shows the good and the bad. Don't get me wrong Tyreese is a beast but he isn't the whole team

YFDad
Observer

Again, it was one game. If you followed high school football at all you would know those 2 kids were studs. Richie led the state in recieving. You do realize that the fact that they were 2 of the best in the city makes what montwood did against them a greater accomplishment right?

EPG Fan
YFDad
Observer

I remember Richie putting a couple of moves on Tyreese that game. You're making it seem like it was a blow out, montwood won in the final couple of minutes. I guess you think a highlight reel shows the good and the bad. Don't get me wrong Tyreese is a beast but he isn't the whole team
I remember this game as one of the best games last year, both these teams laid down the wood no doubt. I personally can't wait to see Mark and Richie at UTEP, they were truly the best QB/Receiver combo in the city and fun to watch. Tyrese had a hell of a game that night, but had the help of one hell of a defense as well.

Rodriguez caught more then 90+ passes during his senior season, not to mention the number of passes thrown to him that were dropped or incomplete. If you measure greatest by his stats then u can say that he was the best WR in the city. But some...myself included, could argue that it simply means he was clearly the coaches favorite WR, and all that Eastwood had going for them on offense. Which means expectations for the upcoming season in my opinion is very low without the two greatest players in the city on your team.

Erin Portillo had 76 catches for over 1,000 yds and Richie had 1700 of the 4,000 yds Mark threw for.. But yeah I guess their offense was one sided 😂😂😂😂 Oh by the way they also had a 1,000 yd rusher in Acosta.. . thanks for your input though Jon Gruden

YFDad
Fan

One of the best QB and WR's combos? Yeah whatever. One of our Montwood underclassmen Tyreese Andrus owned #12 Mark Torrez, #5 Richie Rodriguez and #10 Erin Portillo. Thank God for EP Gridiron because they have a video in their youtube channel where it shows proof of this and here is the video so no one will say that I'm BSing

Ty is an amazing kid had the pleasure of watching him come up through youth football and be on the sidelines his last year as a youth player. He will definently get many D1 offers and also has a great role model as a father.

Here you go...

https://youtu.be/ZUtZjUvVTko

Just saw video of Eastwood's spring game. Looks to me they will be great this season despite the loss of last year's seniors.

Roger
Just saw video of Eastwood's spring game. Looks to me they will be great this season despite the loss of last year's seniors.

I was at their spring game and not impressive at all. On video well EP Gridiron does a great job of making teams look alot better than they actually are.

Its just the spring east side. Having to replace as many as they did they look ok. They will be in the mix though not as good as last year. To be honest they underachieved big time last year. They should have finished higher.

We Are Eastwood!!!

It will be an interesting year big changes on offense and the D is better. I think it's only them that make or break their year. Lots of talent on that team lots of swag let's see who or which team shows up can't wait

WeGoN2State
We Are Eastwood!!!

You are right we are going to State!!!
http://www.kvia.com/video/eastwood-football-ready-for-a-big-year-in-2016/41005538

Calm down let's win District first then we can focus on 1 playoff game at a time.

calm down ,no one will ever do what canutillo did. keep dreaming

This is Eastwood

Eastwood State Champs!!!

This is cute.

EastwoodStateChamps
This is Eastwood

Eastwood State Champs!!!
Good video! I like it!

Baby bro finally putting in work. Go #5
Good luck to all this season!

EastwoodStateChamps
This is Eastwood

Eastwood State Champs!!!

Yup we're going to STATE!!!!!!

Win District first then you can dream about winning state.

When was the last time Eastwood won District anyways???

What was last year's score again AztecEmpire? And who won a playoff game last year? You guys underachieve for 10 years with probably the best talent in the city every year, and you got lucky last year that it fell in your lap. We beat the hell out of you guys. 62-34 is a joke for a "District champ". You guys got lucky we gave one away to Montwood or you would've underachieved once again and wouldn't have went home with a title.. See you September 22.. Go Troop!

Go Troop
You guys underachieve for 10 years with probably the best talent in the city every year

True dat...and having the most talent is only 1 year away from being over.

Go Troop
You guys got lucky we gave one away to Montwood
Gave one away to Monrwood???? Montwood took it with a vengeance. If you weren't there for that game ask someone who was, ask your QB and Reciever that got shut down. That was one hell of a game on both sides of the ball, but give props where props are due! Go Rams!!!

Well guess they gave 2 away lol because montwood wasn't their only loss.

furthermore why is it they let one go lol, why isn't it we got beat.

Go Troop
What was last year's score again AztecEmpire? And who won a playoff game last year? You guys underachieve for 10 years with probably the best talent in the city every year, and you got lucky last year that it fell in your lap. We beat the hell out of you guys. 62-34 is a joke for a "District champ". You guys got lucky we gave one away to Montwood or you would've underachieved once again and wouldn't have went home with a title.. See you September 22.. Go Troop!

El Dorado underachieved for 10 years? That's funny and Eastwood shouldn't be talking tough anyways. Because how long has Eastwood high school been around? Eastwood has been around for like 100 years and just last year was the first time EVER that Eastwood beat a out of town in the playoffs.

Look at Eastwoods history before you bring your tough state championship talk trying to talk like Eastwood is all that an a bag of chips with a side order of bean dip.

It's funny that Eastwood has been around for 100 years and El Dorado only a few years and El Dorado has beaten more out of town teams in the playoffs than Eastwood.

Hilarious that Eastwood last year finally beat a out of town team in the playoffs in like a 100 years and all of a sudden Eastwood is talking state. Like I said win district first.

It is true. El Dorado has under achieved. They do have the best talent and should never lost or played a close game with anyone in el paso. Im just saying. Not trying to disrespect or down talk. Facts are facts, what is el dorados most wins in a year.

Troop
EastwoodStateChamps
This is Eastwood

Eastwood State Champs!!!

Yup we're going to STATE!!!!!!

Nice video. number 26 really yanks the facemask of his own team mate pretty bad in there. Hope you guys don't hurt each other practicing your facemasking skills...

Even with the huge losses on offense we have to keep in mind that the TROOP bring back a potentially awesome O line. With 3 possible all district athletes on the line I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they may have the best O line in the City! They should be able to move the ball just fine behind those big boys! It may not be the Air assault they brought last year but they will do good.... better than the #7 preseason ranking in my opinion.

TrooperX
Even with the huge losses on offense we have to keep in mind that the TROOP bring back a potentially awesome O line. With 3 possible all district athletes on the line I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they may have the best O line in the City! They should be able to move the ball just fine behind those big boys! It may not be the Air assault they brought last year but they will do good.... better than the #7 preseason ranking in my opinion.
Is the real TrooperX from old actually back??? Welcome back if so!! They had a good 7on7 showing with a pretty impressive QB, so they might just be alright in that area.

Lol....yup it's the real TrooperX of old. Good to be back...Thanks for making me feel welcome... (it's a long story lol!!) GO TROOP!!!

If I may ask ? What makes that line that good and where's the strength in that line ?

TrooperX
Lol....yup it's the real TrooperX of old. Good to be back...Thanks for making me feel welcome... (it's a long story lol!!) GO TROOP!!!

Well ,,,... Well.... Well look at what the cat just dragged in!!!!! Welcome back Topper X. !!!!!! LoL !!!

Kingsrealm
TrooperX

Well ,,,... Well.... Well look at what the cat just dragged in!!!!! Welcome back Topper X. !!!!!! LoL !!!

Rerun
If I may ask ? What makes that line that good and where's the strength in that line ?

1. Well Coached
2. Average size of 280 (Huge for El Paso)
3. 3 potential All District Athletes (In my opinion)
4. Did I already say WELL COACHED! lol
GO TROOP!

TrooperX
Rerun

1. Well Coached
2. Average size of 280 (Huge for El Paso)
3. 3 potential All District Athletes (In my opinion)
4. Did I already say WELL COACHED! lol
GO TROOP!

Some of those average sized 280 should be at Hanks and Montwood.

Here we go......yes they should be at other schools so what they still have to play......yes we know they are open enrollment and that certain youth teams funnel their kids there but sooooooo whatt they still have to play. As for Trooper X......IDK about all that. there are some good O lines in the city. 3 all district is a stretch.

Awesome video, Good Luck this season
Class of 79
GO TROOPERS

Awesome video, Good Luck this season
Class of 79
GO TROOPERS

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m