EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2016 PRE-SEASON RANKINGS

Did we Rank your alma mater or favorite Team too High, too Low or just Right?

2016 PRE-SEASON RANKINGS

#1 EL DORADO AZTECS
#2 AMERICAS TRAILBLAZERS
#3 EASTLAKE FALCONS
#4 CHAPIN HUSKIES
#5 FRANKLIN COUGARS
#6 MONTWOOD RAMS
#7 EASTWOOD TROOPERS
#8 DEL VALLE CONQUISTADORES
#9 ANDRESS EAGLES
#10 BURGES MUSTANGS
#11 CORONADO THUNDERBIRDS
#12 PARKLAND MATADORS
#13 CANUTILLO EAGLES
#14 BEL AIR HIGHLANDERS
#15 YSLETA INDIANS
#16 HANKS KNIGHTS
#17 BOWIE BEARS
#18 RIVERSIDE RANGERS
#19 HORIZON SCORPIONS
#20 SOCORRO BULLDOGS
#21 PEBBLE HILLS SPARTANS
#22 EL PASO TIGERS
#23 IRVIN ROCKETS
#24 JEFFERSON SILVERFOXES
#25 AUSTIN PANTHERS

*Post your very own Pre-Season Top 10 or Rank them all here within this forum thread or over at our Facebook Page.

NOTE: Team Schedules have been posted. Now if you notice any incorrections, such as with a match-up, date, time, etc..., please let us know by emailing us at: info@epgridiron.com.

Be sure to attend all or as many games as you can of your alma mater or favorite team.

Re: 2016 PRE-SEASON RANKINGS

To be honest this is how i see it
1 Americas
2 eastlake
3 Chapin
4 Franklin
5 del valle
6 coronado
7 eastwood
8 Eldorado
9 montwood
10 Andress

Before folks get bent out of shape the changing of the guard at el dorado and montwood went into where i have them ranked. People don't think it matters but consistency matters. Playoff projections

1 6a
America's
Franklin
Coronado
Eastwood

1 5a
Chapin
Andreas
Howie
Burges

2 5a
Eastlake
Del belle
Parkland
Canutillo

Just my predictions don't get upset but turnover in coaching staff matters.

Here are my Top 10 boys and girls. Read them and weep.

#1 Americas
#2 Eastlake
#3 El Dorado
#4 Eastwood
#5 Franklin
#6 Chapin
#7 Montwood
#8 Del Valle
#9 Coronado
#10 Andress

Qbert's Super 3

QS1-El Dorado
QS2-Eastlake
QS3-Franklin

TOP 10. How I see it when the dust settles and the season is all said and done.

#1 Franklin
#2 El Dorado
#3 Montwood
#4 Americas
#5 Eastlake
#6 Del Valle
#7 Chapin
#8 Eastwood
#9 Coronado
#10 Andress

District Champions to be
1-6A - Franklin
1-5A - Chapin
2-5A - Eastlake

Westsider you're funny. Westside Bowl and District is ours this year. Coronado is and always will be Pride of the Westside. My son and many of his teammates are working hard. Will shock the city. Wait and see.

#1 CORONADO

TOP 4

#1 Americas
#2 El Dorado
#3 Montwood
#4 Eastlake

Everyone should have Eastlake as their preseason #1

Falcon4Life
Everyone should have Eastlake as their preseason #1

I like Eastlake but preseason #1? I don't think so. Be happy at where I ranked them in my TOP 4

#1 Americas
#2 El Dorado
#3 Montwood
#4 Eastlake

I had Eastlake at number two but a close second they bring back a lot of weapons just like America's

(#1) Chapin Huskies
(#2) Americas Trailblazers
(#3) El Dorado Aztecs
(#4) Franklin Cougars
(#5) Montwood Rams
(#6) Eastlake Falcons
(#7) Eastwood Troopers
(#8) Coronado Tbirds
(#9) Canutillo Eagles
(#10) Andress Eagles

I see no one is giving Del Valle any respect that's cool we prove everybody wrong every year.

EL DORADO #1

DVforever
I see no one is giving Del Valle any respect that's cool we prove everybody wrong every year.

How do you always play second act to Eastlake!

DVforever

I had you guys at 5 and in district right behind eastlake. I think thats respect. They jus t being back a lot. I just don't see you guys having enough speed to handle them kinda the problem over the past couple of years. Good luck this year guys.

DVforever

People are ranking you in the top 10. I would say that is mad respect for Del Valle.

No worries DVforever just because Edgar didn't list DV on his list means everyone agrees. Everyone has an opinion. Dv,Eastlake, and others have great team. Every year is a new year, many changes in the works from coaching staff, new players and returning players.

Here we go rankings after week 1?

GURU'S early bird Top 10

1 Melton
2 Calderon
3 Torres
4 Walker
5 Famaligi
6 Hernandez
7 Perales
8 Lopez
9 Anderson
10 Woodruff

I don't know why EP Gridiron would rank El Dorado as their preseason #1. Makes no sense when you consider the 3 teams El Dorado plays in non~district. I see El Dorado losing either all of their 3 non~district games or losing 2 out of the 3. I don't see El Dorado holding that #1 rank into 1-6a district play.

1st Non District Game ~ El Dorado vs Eastlake
2nd Non District Game ~ El Dorado vs Frenship
3rd Non District Game ~ El Dorado vs Midland Lee

Vision
I don't know why EP Gridiron would rank El Dorado as their preseason #1. Makes no sense when you consider the 3 teams El Dorado plays in non~district. I see El Dorado losing either all of their 3 non~district games or losing 2 out of the 3. I don't see El Dorado holding that #1 rank into 1-6a district play.

That's is why i posed my question. Game one will determine alot. I also believe there is a strong possibility that go 0-3 tough non dostrict with a new coach. We shall see though

Vision

Vision I agree with you. Last year El Dorado had 4 predistrict games and they lost 2 of the 4. The 2 games that El Dorado won were against 5a Eastlake and that weak New Mexico team Gadsden. And the 2 predistrict games that El Dorado lost were against Frenship and Midland Lee. I repeat the 2 teams that El Dorado lost to last year were against Frenship and Midland Lee and get this those 2 teams that El Dorado lost to last year El Dorado will be playing this year in predistrict. So that is why I agree with you Vision.

Westsider
Vision

Vision I agree with you. Last year El Dorado had 4 predistrict games and they lost 2 of the 4. The 2 games that El Dorado won were against 5a Eastlake and that weak New Mexico team Gadsden. And the 2 predistrict games that El Dorado lost were against Frenship and Midland Lee. I repeat the 2 teams that El Dorado lost to last year were against Frenship and Midland Lee and get this those 2 teams that El Dorado lost to last year El Dorado will be playing this year in predistrict. So that is why I agree with you Vision.

Not to mention that they play eastlake who is loaded and bringing back a ton of experience and they don't have a new coach.

I didn't follow all the teams last season so I wouldn't know who is returning and which of those returning players are consistent impact players and consistent game changers.

But who I did follow last season was Franklin and I know who they are returning hence why I will say that Franklin is a solid #1, #2 or #3 preseason team. Franklin will be a tough team to beat this season. It will be no picnic playing Franklin this season.

Here are my top 10 along with some stats and facts to back up my predictions. As always 6a has the most top teams like they should, but they won't go that that far come playoff time (toughest region in the USA). It is no mystery that 5a teams will go the furthest, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are better than the 6a teams. Example last year Eastlake got blasted by El Dorado yet, two years ago that final four Canutillo team lost to Franklin at Canutillo. Any how;

1. Americas- Return their workhorse on offense in Joshua Fields that rushed for 1,658 yards tops in district 1-6a (15 touchdowns), along with their player that wrecked havoc on offenses in Kolton Lindeman which had 8 sacks, 88 tackles and 3 interceptions. In my eyes the best two players in the city on offense and defense (respectively) for this coming year. When it is all said and done both these players should be Division l commits. They also return Jacob Monarez which should lead the receivers this year (7 touchdowns). Also look out for Elijah Escamilla which had 68 tackles. I have them going two deep in the playoffs. Coach Melton keep up the rise of RIP CITY!!!

2. El Dorado- Might pose the biggest threat to Americas, they certainly have the firepower to compete, will Coach Torres be able to take them over the hump and go two deep in the playoffs? I think so. They return a young quarterback in (Cedarious Barfield) that did a good job of filling in for the starting qb last year (381 yards passing yards and 510 yards rushing).Barfield is probably the best dual threat qb in the district. He will have a big threat target in division l receiver in Tyquez Hampton (562 yds. receiving and 6 touchdowns), as well as often overlooked receiver Jorge Hernandez (873 yds. receiving along with 9 touchdowns). The wild factor on offense should be Birdsong(fasted kid in the district) if he can step up and be their primary running back. On defense they return playmaker Henderson (77 tackles) and Croslen, they should anchor the defense. I have this team going two deep in the playoffs. It must be nice to have been handed the keys to this program especially with all the firepower that is returning.

3. Eastlake- These Falcons have earn their stripes and have earn respect amongst the city. Back to Back Area Champions ( 3 deep in the playoffs two year in a row) is something that has not been done in a while. Well guess what? These Falcons Are Back For MORE!!!! This team returns K. Tarango Lopez (2,507 passing yards, 24tds, and 326 Rushing yards). They also return a big time player in Adrian Chavez (1,533 Rushing yards, 504 receiving yards, 23 total touchdowns). Avina should step up nicely (266 receiving yards, 141 rushing yards). Also return a good size offensive line. As well as some players on defense in Eric Fierro (2 interceptions, 60 tackles) and line backer Chris Sepulveda (109 tackles) and linebacker Joshua Molinar (93 tackles). This team has the potential to match the Canutillo Eagles from two years ago. I have them going to the final four.

4. Montwood- A hungry and ready to prove himself coach coupled with a good junior class should get the Rams into the playoffs. The emerging quarterback (Fernandez) should have a good season. Returns a solid line, a good receiver in Tyreese Andrus(226 total yards) and a good running back in Evan De Anda (622yds. Robert Cardiel (51 tackles) should anchor that defense along with Venegas (4 sacks and 35 tackles). I have them going 1 deep in the playoffs.

5. Chapin- Should be the top dog in 1-5A. Return a big and powerful running back in Matthew Zubiate (720 rushing yards, 8 tds) and Angel Soto (464 yards and 4 touchdowns) also a good receiver in Mondarius Johnson (646 receiving yards). On defense Angel Carrillo should anchor them (140 tackles, 8.5 sacks) along with Tony Meraz (109 tackles, 3 sacks). I have them going two deep in the playoffs.

6. Coronado- Coronado returns QB Donatelli (1,445 Yds, 10 tds) who did a descent job last year as a sophomore, they also return a few weapons at receiver and running back (Herrera 394 total yards). On defense safety Courtney should be the leader (99 tackles and 5 ints),DE Trevor Plede (58 tackles, and corner Alverez (53 tackles and 1 int). This team took some bumps and bruises but they are back and ready to make a playoff run. Will struggle early on but should be ready come district.

7. Del Valle- Will have fits early might be 0-2 going into district play but will weather the storm and as always will give the Falcons all they can handle. Return QB Montez which took the helm last year as a freshman and showed great poise and leadership in doing so. Also return running back Jason Morales(481 rushing yards) and receiver Villalva ( 198 yards receiving). On defense they return safety Gus Yanez 108 tackles and 4 interceptions. As well as Angel Estrada 73 tackles and 2 interceptions. I have this team going 2 deep in the playoffs.

8. Eastwood- A team that year ago was labeled as the best in the city yet fell short in district but prove how good they were by going two deep in the playoffs. This year that young head coach and young players will try to proof that they belong. Do not return many key players on either side. But had success at the freshman and jv level. We will see if that translates into varsity success. Return some big targets in receivers Barnhouse (347 yards and 2 tds) and Cadena (254 yards and 4tds). On defense players to watch are linebacker Tristian Cruz (111 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 interception), defensive ende Chase Warden ( 90 tackles, 5 sacks), linebacker Joseph Davalos (98 tackles, 3 sacks), and defensive end Pacheco (37 tackles, 1 sack, 2 interceptions).

9. Franklin- A team that missed the playoffs for the first time in a long time will have to grind to make sure they get back in the playoffs. Will have senior qb Hatch take the helm ( 452 yards, 4tds) will look to spread the ball to Baca (424 yards, 7tds) and Phillips (197, 1 td). On defense return strong safety Soto (67 tackles) and safety Feste (51 tackles, 1 interception)

10.Andress- It appears that Frilot will be the qb and he should have many weapons at his disposal, including receivers Gomez (389 yards receiving) and White (249 yards receiving). On defense they have a lot of speed Williams( 129 tackles,3 sacks), Redding (2 interceptions, 62 tackles).

So those are my top 10.

KiNg nice post makes for some time consuming entertaining reading unfortunately I can't get or buy that time back. KiNg the part that I found most entertaining in your post was you ranking Eastlake at #3 and that nonsense about stats and facts that really made me spit out my oatmeal from my mouth as I was reading your post while having my breakfast. But the most hilarious and outlandish part of your post where I was LMAO was you saying that 5a el paso teams going the furthest doesn't necessarily mean that they are better than 6a el paso teams. KiNg a 6a el paso team beating a 5a el paso team in predistrict is no concrete proof that 6a el paso teams are better than 5a el paso teams. That's ridiculous to say. If you know high school football which I think you do know something about the sport is that in predistrict games teams are substituting players left and right throughout the game with coaches still trying to make up their teams. Predistrict games are like practice. Those who know high school football knows this about predistrict games. So your El Dorado beating Eastlake last year and Franklin beating Canutillo the previous year is absolute nonsense. Have those teams played say in the middle of the season instead of predistrict the outcomes would have been different.

Here are my preseason Top 10 and my Top 10 as to how they will finish at the end of the season.

#1 Eastlake
#2 El Dorado
#3 Chapin
#4 Americas
#5 Franklin
#6 Montwood
#7 Del Valle
#8 Andress
#9 Eastwood
#10 Coronado

And the District Champions will be
2-5a Eastlake
1-5a Chapin
1-6a El Dorado

el paso team going the furthest in the playoffs Eastlake.

FromFalconLand
KiNg nice post makes for some time consuming entertaining reading unfortunately I can't get or buy that time back. KiNg the part that I found most entertaining in your post was you ranking Eastlake at #3 and that nonsense about stats and facts that really made me spit out my oatmeal from my mouth as I was reading your post while having my breakfast. But the most hilarious and outlandish part of your post where I was LMAO was you saying that 5a el paso teams going the furthest doesn't necessarily mean that they are better than 6a el paso teams. KiNg a 6a el paso team beating a 5a el paso team in predistrict is no concrete proof that 6a el paso teams are better than 5a el paso teams. That's ridiculous to say. If you know high school football which I think you do know something about the sport is that in predistrict games teams are substituting players left and right throughout the game with coaches still trying to make up their teams. Predistrict games are like practice. Those who know high school football knows this about predistrict games. So your El Dorado beating Eastlake last year and Franklin beating Canutillo the previous year is absolute nonsense. Have those teams played say in the middle of the season instead of predistrict the outcomes would have been different.

Here are my preseason Top 10 and my Top 10 as to how they will finish at the end of the season.

#1 Eastlake
#2 El Dorado
#3 Chapin
#4 Americas
#5 Franklin
#6 Montwood
#7 Del Valle
#8 Andress
#9 Eastwood
#10 Coronado

2-5a Eastlake
1-5a Chapin
1-6a El Dorado

Are you saying that Eastlake didn't play their starters against El Do to win, but to substitute 1's and 2's to work out their kinks??? Come on man when the season starts every game counts. Some teams get stronger and some teams get weaker as the season progresses. And yes the caliber of competition that is at the 6A level in El Paso is far more intense then that of 5A. If Eastlake played the likes of Del Valle and Canutillo week in and week out injuries would certainly take its toll mid season. Like I've said before enjoy your last 2 years in 5A after that you'll start singing a different tune. Good luck Eastlake!

#1 Chapin Huskies
#2 El Dorado Aztecs
#3 Montwood Rams
#4 Eastlake Falcons
#5 Franklin Cougars
#6 Americas Trailblazers
#7 Andress Eagles
#8 Del Valle Conquistadors
#9 Coronado Thunderbirds
#10 Eastwood Troopers

Aztecs
Trail Blazers
Falcons
Cougars
Huskies
Conquistadors
Troopers
Eagles
Thunderbirds
Rams

Fyi cougars will be better than projected if healthy. QB K.Hatch has varsity experience, probably more experience than any returning QB in the city. His arm talent is among the best and has decent speed. The weapons in his arsenal will surprise many defenses the offensive speed will overwhelm defenders. Senior returning wideouts L. Baca, and E. Phillips, to go along with new additions sophomore K.Lyles and transfer senior J.Rone make this receiving core one of the fastest in the city. Most importantly the O line will give Hatch time to find open guys led by center senior C. Leftwich.

While JV struggled,due to kids playing varsity Franklin produced one of the best freshman teams the city has seen in years going 10-0 averaging 40+ ppg and going the majority of the season sitting starters in the second half. The core of that group will play vital roles next season and will be tested the coaching staff is doing a great job preparing these young guns.

Franklin's non district schedule should prep them for district play, cougar nation is hoping we can get 2 out of 3.

so this is the dumbest statement I have seen of course hatch doesn't have more snaps then other qb's to include fernandez from Montwood, Barefield from El Dorado, Donatelli from Coronado, WHy would you make a statement like this. His arm strength is average his speed is average calm down. Im not saying they aren't going to be good because I definately think they will be a playoff team but don't sully it by making ridiculous statements. Their recievers will not be the fastest in the city........Im sure el Dorado and Americas will have something to say about that. The freshman team was good but I think seeing what happend to eastwoods 2 super freshman classes shows that freshman success doesn't translate. My prdicition n 1-6a still Americas then Franklin, then Coronado, then Eastwood.

Cats32
FromFalconLand

#1 Eastlake
#2 El Dorado
#3 Chapin
#4 Americas
#5 Franklin
#6 Montwood
#7 Del Valle
#8 Andress
#9 Eastwood
#10 Coronado

2-5a Eastlake
1-5a Chapin
1-6a El Dorado

Are you saying that Eastlake didn't play their starters against El Do to win, but to substitute 1's and 2's to work out their kinks??? Come on man when the season starts every game counts. Some teams get stronger and some teams get weaker as the season progresses. And yes the caliber of competition that is at the 6A level in El Paso is far more intense then that of 5A. If Eastlake played the likes of Del Valle and Canutillo week in and week out injuries would certainly take its toll mid season. Like I've said before enjoy your last 2 years in 5A after that you'll start singing a different tune. Good luck Eastlake!

The Falcons will be singing the same tune of FEAR the FALCONS!!! in 5A or 6A level.

Ok Mr dumbest.... First off I mentioned arm "talent" not strength... I also said experience not snaps! He's been on the varsity roster since he was a sophomore I clearly said "decent" speed which could be described as average! I said one of the fastest receiving groups! Not the fastest in the city... But hey you know the program better than I do.

don't take my corrections of you as hate. NOtice i picked them second in district so obviously I am giving credit where it is due.

1. Chapin
2. El Dorados
3. Coronado
4. Chapin
5. Franklin
6. Americas
7. Eastlakes
8. Montwood
9. Del Valle
10. Andress

Nah
1. Chapin
2. El Dorados
3. Coronado
4. Chapin
5. Franklin
6. Americas
7. Eastlakes
8. Montwood
9. Del Valle
10. Andress

Chapin is so good they are ranked twice....Lol...

Yeah
Nah
1. Chapin
2. El Dorados
3. Coronado
4. Chapin
5. Franklin
6. Americas
7. Eastlakes
8. Montwood
9. Del Valle
10. Andress

Chapin is so good they are ranked twice....Lol...
^^^^

I see no love for Canutillo anywhere!!!!

I have traveled to the past and I have traveled to the future lots of times. This morning I just got back from December 5, 2016 and saw this in the paper and all over the internet.

#1 Chapin 1-5A District Champions/Won 3 playoff games
#2 Eastlake 2-5A District Champions/ Won 2 playoff games
#3 Franklin 1-6A District Champions/Won 1 playoff game
#4 El Dorado/Won 1 playoff game
#5 Montwood/no playoff wins
#6 Americas/no playoff wins
#7 Del Valle/Won 1 playoff game
#8 Andress/no playoff wins
#9 Parkland/Won 1 playoff game
#10 Burges/Won 1 playoff game

I've been spotted a couple of times returning home to El Paso from my travels.
http://elpaso411.com/2015/10/spotted-delorean-time-machine-in-downtown-el-paso/

TT
I have traveled to the past and I have traveled to the future lots of times. This morning I just got back from December 5, 2016 and saw this in the paper and all over the internet.

#1 Chapin 1-5A District Champions/Won 3 playoff games
#2 Eastlake 2-5A District Champions/ Won 2 playoff games
#3 Franklin 1-6A District Champions/Won 1 playoff game
#4 El Dorado/Won 1 playoff game
#5 Montwood/no playoff wins
#6 Americas/no playoff wins
#7 Del Valle/Won 1 playoff game
#8 Andress/no playoff wins
#9 Parkland/Won 1 playoff game
#10 Burges/Won 1 playoff game

I've been spotted a couple of times returning home to El Paso from my travels.
http://elpaso411.com/2015/10/spotted-delorean-time-machine-in-downtown-el-paso/[/quote

Hahaha !!! That was pretty creative ... You might want to use that delorean over the summer to find a Productive QB ... Because if chapin can't get a passing game going !!! Chapin's defense will feel like they went three deep every game !!! Good Luck !!

What's your updated rankings now that Spring football is over? That's if anything changed for anyone.

Here are my Top 10

1)Americas

2)Franklin

3)El Dorado

4)Eastlake

5)Chapin

6)Del Valle

7)Eastwood

8)Andress

9)Montwood

10)Coronado

Nothing changed for me. My Super 3 remains the same even feeling stronger after watching their spring games.

Qbert's Super 3

QS1-El Dorado
QS2-Eastlake
QS3-Franklin

Doesn't El Dorado have a big question mark in the RB department yet everyone has them #1?? Americas has my number 1 spot with the city's best RB. Gotta be able to run the ball in high school folks.

After what I observed at the 7on7 State Qualifier yesterday and giving it some thought this morning I have to say that this should be the Preseason Top 10 going into the season.

#1 Eastwood
#2 Eastlake
#3 Canutillo
#4 El Dorado
#5 Chapin
#6 Del Valle
#7 Montwood
#8 Ysleta
#9 Franklin
#10 Americas

Spartandad
Doesn't El Dorado have a big question mark in the RB department yet everyone has them #1?? Americas has my number 1 spot with the city's best RB. Gotta be able to run the ball in high school folks.

Yeah maybe if we played in the 80's. Now everyone passes. Don't get me wrong a good running back is a plus but Americas does not have a QB to compliment him. Stuff the box and let the passing game beat you.

.......geeeez..,,,,as far as above rankings...,,Coronado and Andress suddenly drop out of top ten because they didnt participate in the cities 7 on7 ??!!!!!.....if you think YSLETA is better than Andress and Coronado...then you are putting away to much into two hand touch!!!....and if you do.....ill put my check against yours that Coronado beats Ysleta....by 21 its......cmon ppl of EL PASO....one UTEP camp and 7 on 7 tourney later and suddenly Ysleta and Canutillo are top dogs....for the sake of humanity.....STOP with all the nonsense!!!!

dude dont put canutillo in the same catagory with ysleta. Canutillo had a down year last year and now everyone is counting them out. i can assure you the coronado coaches are not counting them out. they didnt even want to play them. all you have to do is compare canutillos playoff history of the last 10-15 years to that of coronado or franklin or any one else and you will see canutillo is a consistent football program, not a one and done team. as far as andress is concerned they have not beaten canutillo in like ten years. even last year on a down year for canutillo canutillo beat andress like 56-6.

TroopHistory!
After what I observed at the 7on7 State Qualifier yesterday and giving it some thought this morning I have to say that this should be the Preseason Top 10 going into the season.

#1 Eastwood
#2 Eastlake
#3 Canutillo
#4 El Dorado
#5 Chapin
#6 Del Valle
#7 Montwood
#8 Ysleta
#9 Franklin
#10 Americas

TroopHistory you can't be serious. Preseason ranking teams using results from a 7on7 tourney? Are you for real? Good luck with that.

...dude dont compare Canutillo to any 6A team....your 5A brah..!!!
...you guys are a good team..,,,,what your are not....is the#3 rank team pre season...thats a pipe
dream!!!!......

Come on, there are only two teams at best that are true 6A. Most of them have 4Atalent. Give me a break!

TroopHistory!

#1 Eastwood
#2 Eastlake
#3 Canutillo
#4 El Dorado
#5 Chapin
#6 Del Valle
#7 Montwood
#8 Ysleta
#9 Franklin
#10 Americas

Eastwood has one good season in a million years of their schools existence and all of a sudden they believe that they are a powerhouse.

Oscar
TroopHistory!

#1 Eastwood
#2 Eastlake
#3 Canutillo
#4 El Dorado
#5 Chapin
#6 Del Valle
#7 Montwood
#8 Ysleta
#9 Franklin
#10 Americas

Eastwood has one good season in a million years of their schools existence and all of a sudden they believe that they are a powerhouse.

Eastwood has their defense coming back and their offense will surprise people. Everyone thinks that Richie and Mark are gone so they won't score. They have a great group of jrs on offense and they'll compete. Maybe not #1 but they will make playoffs

My Pre Season Top 10

#1 Eastlake
#2 El Dorado
#3 Americas
#4 Montwood
#5 Franklin
#6 Chapin
#7 Andress
#8 Coronado
#9 Eastwood
#10 Del Valle

Oscar
TroopHistory!

#1 Eastwood
#2 Eastlake
#3 Canutillo
#4 El Dorado
#5 Chapin
#6 Del Valle
#7 Montwood
#8 Ysleta
#9 Franklin
#10 Americas

They were really good last year. And success breeds success

FB fanatic
Oscar
TroopHistory!

#1 Eastwood
#2 Eastlake
#3 Canutillo
#4 El Dorado
#5 Chapin
#6 Del Valle
#7 Montwood
#8 Ysleta
#9 Franklin
#10 Americas

Eastwood has their defense coming back and their offense will surprise people. Everyone thinks that Richie and Mark are gone so they won't score. They have a great group of jrs on offense and they'll compete. Maybe not #1 but they will make playoffs

I also think they will make the playoffs. But the defense returning isn't the reason. Everyone knows that there Defense was the shortfall of the team last year

Supporter
FB fanatic
Oscar
TroopHistory!

#1 Eastwood
#2 Eastlake
#3 Canutillo
#4 El Dorado
#5 Chapin
#6 Del Valle
#7 Montwood
#8 Ysleta
#9 Franklin
#10 Americas

I also think they will make the playoffs. But the defense returning isn't the reason. Everyone knows that there Defense was the shortfall of the team last year

What I meant was that their defense are seniors which will help offset their young offense. They had an awesome offense last year so of course their defense didn't compare.

No Their defense didnt compare because they were aweful and gave up 30+ points a game. But like I said they will be a playoff team.

Supporter
No Their defense didnt compare because they were aweful and gave up 30+ points a game. But like I said they will be a playoff team.

My god Supporter this is high school football. Name me one team that didn't give up 30 points a game. You are like the guy no one likes that always butts into people's conversation and always thinks you're right. All you do is go onto threads and go against whatever the last person wrote.

FB fanatic
Supporter

My god Supporter this is high school football. Name me one team that didn't give up 30 points a game. You are like the guy no one likes that always butts into people's conversation and always thinks you're right. All you do is go onto threads and go against whatever the last person wrote.

FB fanatic I agree with you about this Supporter character but we must remember it's opinions and there are people who think they know football better than everyone else and there are people who are biased who see wrong with every team except the team their kid plays for.

If it's not a good discussion about their team that their kid plays for and instead it's a good about other teams they will jump in and go against everyone.

FB fanatic the season has NOT started yet. There will be alot more people behaving as Supporter so you better get used to it because the season is almost here and this forum is going to get loud full of biased people and people who think they know football more than everyone and there will be dads coming on here who think their son is the best in the city or state or think their kid will be the next big thing. This is what makes this forum and all other football forums throughout the internet fun and entertaining.

Edgar
FB fanatic
Supporter

FB fanatic I agree with you about this Supporter character but we must remember it's opinions and there are people who think they know football better than everyone else and there are people who are biased who see wrong with every team except the team their kid plays for.

If it's not a good discussion about their team that their kid plays for and instead it's a good about other teams they will jump in and go against everyone.

FB fanatic the season has NOT started yet. There will be alot more people behaving as Supporter so you better get used to it because the season is almost here and this forum is going to get loud full of biased people and people who think they know football more than everyone and there will be dads coming on here who think their son is the best in the city or state or think their kid will be the next big thing. This is what makes this forum and all other football forums throughout the internet fun and entertaining.

Actually I agree with people often. But I do point out things that are facts that people seem to turn a blind eye to when it comes to their team. Call it what you will I root my opinions in logic. I gave those opinions and it ****** people off because they don't share the opinions. don't know what you guys want. Whats worse about this is I picked EW as a playoff team I said yes they will be good But it won't be because of their defense.

Supporter
Edgar
FB fanatic
Supporter

Actually I agree with people often. But I do point out things that are facts that people seem to turn a blind eye to when it comes to their team. Call it what you will I root my opinions in logic. I gave those opinions and it ****** people off because they don't share the opinions. don't know what you guys want. Whats worse about this is I picked EW as a playoff team I said yes they will be good But it won't be because of their defense.

No supporter it doesn't $#@! people off that you don't share the majority of people's opinion. What does is your know it all,self anointed expertise in everyone's threads.

Kind of like everyone else lol man calm down and have a snickers.

supporter

You see you always have to have the last word. You remind everyone of their ex wives.

Lol good one.....it's entertainment relax hope I havnt said anything bad about ur team. Like i said i state facts.......we can agree to disagree.....

FB fanatic
supporter

You see you always have to have the last word. You remind everyone of their ex wives.

Hey speak for yourself FB fanatic. I've never been married so no ex wife or ex wives here only girlfriends with benefits. And stop chasing Supporter around in this forum. What are you the internet police? It's almost like you're stalking Supporter kind of creepy. Like someone said get used to Supporter cause there will be many more like him on here during the season. Just read and then laugh at all his posts and move along as I do and I'm sure many others do.

PreSeason Top 10

#1 El Dorado
#2 Franklin
#3 Chapin
#4 Americas
#5 Montwood
#6 Andress
#7 Coronado
#8 Eastlake
#9 Del Valle
#10 Eastwood

1. Eastwood
2. Eastlake
3. El Dorado
3. Montwood
5. Americas

Ultimate 10 for this coming season. How it will all play out.

1 Eastlake Falcons
2 Americas Trailblazers
3 El Dorado Aztecs
4 Montwood Rams
5 Franklin Cougars
6 Chapin Huskies
7 Coronado Thunderbirds
8 Del Valle Conquistadors
9 Eastwood Troopers
10 Andress Eagles

2016 DC Teams
District 2-5a Champions will be Eastlake Falcons
District 1-6a Champions will be Americas Trailblazers
District 1-5a Champions will be Chapin Huskies

The Xpert's Top 10

1 Americas
2 Franklin
3 El Dorado
4 Montwood
5 Chapin
6 Eastlake
7 Coronado
8 Eastwood
9 Andress
10 Parkland

#1 AMERICAS
#2 EASTLAKE
#3 EL DORADO
#4 CHAPIN
#5 FRANKLIN
#6 EASTWOOD
#7 CORONADO
#8 CANUTILLO
#9 DEL VALLE
#10 ANDRESS

Here are Dave Campbell's predictions for El Paso teams. I'm seeing the magazine right now at the store. I put EP Gridirons predictions next to them so we all can compare and grade them at the end of the season. If you're wondering where I got EP Gridiron's predictions from I got them from their preseason rankings in this forum thread from May 12th.

(1-6A)
DaveCampbells Americas / EPGridiron El Dorado
DaveCampbells El Dorado / EPGridiron Americas
DaveCampbells Eastwood / EPGridiron Franklin
DaveCampbells Franklin / EPGridiron Montwood
DaveCampbells Montwood / EPGridiron Eastwood
DaveCampbells Coronado / EPGridiron Coronado
DaveCampbells Pebble Hills / EPGridiron Socorro
DaveCampbells Socorro / EPGridiron Pebble Hills

(1-5A)
DaveCampbells Chapin / EPGridiron Chapin
DaveCampbells Andress / EPGridiron Andress
DaveCampbells Bowie / EPGridiron Burges
DaveCampbells Burges / EPGridiron Bowie
DaveCampbells El Paso / EPGridiron El Paso
DaveCampbells Irvin / EPGridiron Irvin
DaveCampbells Jefferson / EPGridiron Jefferson
DaveCampbells Austin / EPGridiron Austin

(2-5A)
DaveCampbells Eastlake / EPGridiron Eastlake
DaveCampbells Del Valle / EPGridiron Del Valle
DaveCampbells Canutillo / EPGridiron Parkland
DaveCampbells Bel Air / EPGridiron Canutillo
DaveCampbells Ysleta / EPGridiron Bel Air
DaveCampbells Parkland / EPGridiron Ysleta
DaveCampbells Riverside / EPGridiron Hanks
DaveCampbells Hanks / EPGridiron Riverside
DaveCampbells Horizon / EPGridiron Horizon

These are my top ten preseason teams.

#1 Eastwood will win district 1-6a
#2 El Dorado
#3 Eastlake will win district 2-5a
#4 Americas
#5 Del Valle
#6 Chapin will win district 1-5a
#7 Franklin
#8 Montwood
#9 Coronado
#10 Andress

Franklin #7? Bryan you are one funny guy.

Montwood seems to be all over the place in most of the rankings. They are either in the Top 5, Bottom 5, or not ranked at all in most of the Top 10. That's fine, but I personally think MW will surprise some teams this year, and actually have an even better season under new Head Coach Famaligi then they did last year under Coach Velez.

I think the district is sleeping on the Eastwood squad.

They were picked 7 how are people sleeping thats playoff projection.

The truth
I think the district is sleeping on the Eastwood squad.

What???? You think Eastwood ought to be preseason ranked #1? If so you're dreaming my friend. I see Eastwood winning just 3 games this season.

EP GRIDIRON

2016 PRE-SEASON RANKINGS

#1 EL DORADO AZTECS
#2 AMERICAS TRAILBLAZERS
#3 EASTLAKE FALCONS
#4 CHAPIN HUSKIES
#5 FRANKLIN COUGARS
#6 MONTWOOD RAMS
#7 EASTWOOD TROOPERS
#9 ANDRESS EAGLES
#10 BURGES MUSTANGS
#12 PARKLAND MATADORS
#13 CANUTILLO EAGLES
#14 BEL AIR HIGHLANDERS
#15 YSLETA INDIANS
#16 HANKS KNIGHTS
#17 BOWIE BEARS
#18 RIVERSIDE RANGERS
#19 HORIZON SCORPIONS
#20 SOCORRO BULLDOGS
#22 EL PASO TIGERS
#23 IRVIN ROCKETS
#25 AUSTIN PANTHERS

*Post your very own Pre-Season Top 10 or Rank them all here within this forum thread or over at our Facebook Page.

NOTE: Team Schedules have been posted. Now if you notice any incorrections, such as with a match-up, date, time, etc..., please let us know by emailing us at: info@epgridiron.com.

Be sure to attend all or as many games as you can of your alma mater or favorite team.

Why do you mix 6A Teams with 5A Teams on the Rankings ? Rank em According to A Class.

Supporter
To be honest this is how i see it
1 Americas
2 eastlake
3 Chapin
4 Franklin
5 del valle
6 coronado
7 eastwood
8 Eldorado
9 montwood
10 Andress

Before folks get bent out of shape the changing of the guard at el dorado and montwood went into where i have them ranked. People don't think it matters but consistency matters. Playoff projections

1 6a
America's
Franklin
Coronado
Eastwood

1 5a
Chapin
Andreas
Howie
Burges

2 5a
Eastlake
Del belle
Parkland
Canutillo

Just my predictions don't get upset but turnover in coaching staff matters.

6A

Americas
Franklin
Montwood
El Dorado

Porter:
EP GRIDIRON

2016 PRE-SEASON RANKINGS

#1 EL DORADO AZTECS
#2 AMERICAS TRAILBLAZERS
#3 EASTLAKE FALCONS
#4 CHAPIN HUSKIES
#5 FRANKLIN COUGARS
#6 MONTWOOD RAMS
#7 EASTWOOD TROOPERS
#9 ANDRESS EAGLES
#10 BURGES MUSTANGS
#12 PARKLAND MATADORS
#13 CANUTILLO EAGLES
#14 BEL AIR HIGHLANDERS
#15 YSLETA INDIANS
#16 HANKS KNIGHTS
#17 BOWIE BEARS
#18 RIVERSIDE RANGERS
#19 HORIZON SCORPIONS
#20 SOCORRO BULLDOGS
#22 EL PASO TIGERS
#23 IRVIN ROCKETS
#25 AUSTIN PANTHERS

Why do you mix 6A Teams with 5A Teams on the Rankings ? Rank em According to A Class.

It's perfect the way it is. We get to see where El Paso, TX 5A teams stack up with 6A teams. I've been visiting EP Gridiron for years like for 10 years and they always do it like this and it's perfect. Maybe that's why they started this topic in their forum so people like you who do not agree or do not like it can post your own ranking predictions the way you want them or think it should be in your mind.

I love how EP Gridiron does their preseason rankings. For example my son plays for Pebble Hills and where EP Gridiron ranked them to me is spot on. Looking at the 2 to 3 teams above Pebble Hills and the rest of the teams below Pebble Hills I honestly see Pebble Hills competing with those teams to the wire and possibly beating them. Pebble Hills is a really young team but I believe EP Gridiron ranked them where they should be for the start of this season.

Good Luck to all teams this upcoming season!

Keep in mind gepfs combine is december 17th and the all star game is december 18th.

JR's Preseason Rankings for 2016

#1 Americas Trailblazers
#2 Eastwood Troopers
#3 Eastlake Falcons
#4 El Dorado Aztecs
#5 Franklin Cougars
#6 Coronado Thunderbirds
#7 Montwood Rams
#8 Chapin Huskies
#9 Andress Eagles
#10 Del Valle Conquistadors

JR

#1 Americas Trailblazers
#2 Eastwood Troopers
#3 Eastlake Falcons
#4 El Dorado Aztecs
#5 Franklin Cougars
#6 Coronado Thunderbirds
#7 Montwood Rams
#8 Chapin Huskies
#9 Andress Eagles

Del Valle #10??? You're funny. Del Valle is easily a Top 5 team.

DVHSC/O15
JR

#1 Americas Trailblazers
#2 Eastwood Troopers
#3 Eastlake Falcons
#4 El Dorado Aztecs
#5 Franklin Cougars
#6 Coronado Thunderbirds
#7 Montwood Rams
#8 Chapin Huskies
#9 Andress Eagles

After we demolish Del Valle in the first week you will be saying that 10th was not bad at all.

Here go the trolls. It's starting early this year.

JR

#1 Eastlake Falcons
#2 Americas Trailblazers
#3 Eastwood Troopers
#4 El Dorado Aztecs
#5 Del Valle Conquistadores
#6 Franklin Cougars
#7 Chapin Huskies
#8 Montwood Rams
#9 Canutillo Eagles
#10 Andress Eagles

Honorable Mention:
Coronado T-Birds
Bel Air Highlanders

How I see that it will unfold this year.

#1 Americas - 1-6A District Champions
#2 Franklin
#3 Eastlake - 2-5A District Champions
#4 El Dorado
#5 Montwood
#6 Chapin - 1-5A District Champions
#7 Eastwood
#8 Del Valle
#9 Andress
#10 Coronado

#1 Eastwood
#2 Chapin
#3 Del Valle
#4 Eastlake
#5 Coronado
#6 El Dorado
#7 Americas
#8 Franklin
#9 Montwood
#10 Andress

AHSPops
DVHSC/O15
JR

#1 Americas Trailblazers
#2 Eastwood Troopers
#3 Eastlake Falcons
#4 El Dorado Aztecs
#5 Franklin Cougars
#6 Coronado Thunderbirds
#7 Montwood Rams
#8 Chapin Huskies
#9 Andress Eagles

After we demolish Del Valle in the first week you will be saying that 10th was not bad at all.
Or after we destroy Americas you will be saying 1 either Del Valle is better than we have them credit for or Anericas is OVERRATED

#1 Eastlake

other teams below Eastlake

#1- Eastlake
#2- Americas
#3- Chapin
#4- El Dorado
#5- Coronado
#6- Eastwood
#7- Franklin
#8- Del Valle
#9- Montwood
#10- Bel Air

Eastwood #1

ELPFB
JR

#1 Eastlake Falcons
#2 Americas Trailblazers
#3 Eastwood Troopers
#4 El Dorado Aztecs
#6 Franklin Cougars
#7 Chapin Huskies
#8 Montwood Rams
#9 Canutillo Eagles
#10 Andress Eagles

Honorable Mention:
Coronado T-Birds
Bel Air Highlanders

See I actually agree with this one. Good to see Coronado and bel air getting some love. How is Andress parkland and Canutillo ahead of bel air? Bel air dominated Andress and beat parkland to go onto the playoffs and also had a better record than canuts. They also gave it their all to Eastwood and lost by 2 TDs when everyone was predicting blowouts. Just my 2 cents. Can't wait to see how the season unfolds.

Heat6
ELPFB
JR

#1 Eastlake Falcons
#2 Americas Trailblazers
#3 Eastwood Troopers
#4 El Dorado Aztecs
#6 Franklin Cougars
#7 Chapin Huskies
#8 Montwood Rams
#9 Canutillo Eagles
#10 Andress Eagles

Honorable Mention:
Coronado T-Birds
Bel Air Highlanders

See I actually agree with this one. Good to see Coronado and bel air getting some love. How is Andress parkland and Canutillo ahead of bel air? Bel air dominated Andress and beat parkland to go onto the playoffs and also had a better record than canuts. They also gave it their all to Eastwood and lost by 2 TDs when everyone was predicting blowouts. Just my 2 cents. Can't wait to see how the season unfolds.

PLAYERS GRADUATE AND RANKING CHANGE!! JUST BECAUSE YOU DID GOOD LAST YEAR DOESNT MEAN YOU SHOULD BE RANKED HIGHER THE FOLLOWING YEAR. ALL DEPENDS ON HOW MANY KEY PLAYERS RETURN AND HOW YOUR JV DID THE PREVIOUS YEAR!

joba
Heat6
ELPFB
JR

#1 Eastlake Falcons
#2 Americas Trailblazers
#3 Eastwood Troopers
#4 El Dorado Aztecs
#6 Franklin Cougars
#7 Chapin Huskies
#8 Montwood Rams
#9 Canutillo Eagles
#10 Andress Eagles

Honorable Mention:
Coronado T-Birds
Bel Air Highlanders

PLAYERS GRADUATE AND RANKING CHANGE!! JUST BECAUSE YOU DID GOOD LAST YEAR DOESNT
MEAN YOU SHOULD BE RANKED HIGHER THE
FOLLOWING YEAR. ALL DEPENDS ON HOW MANY KEY PLAYERS RETURN AND HOW YOUR JV DID THE PREVIOUS YEAR!

Yeah you're right. They are returning 6 starters for each offense and defense. But we'll just have to wait and see.

Dude, the Falcons will have a hell of a team. Much respect to those guys. They play hard, fast and are a class act. I'm sure my boys are looking froward to competing against them. They'll be going deep into the playoffs this year and representing El Paso well.

Andy
Eastwood #1

Funniest thing I have read on here so far

#1 Eastlake
#2 Americas
#3 Montwood
#4 El Dorado
#5 Franklin
#6 Andress
#7 Eastwood
#8 Chapin
#9 Del Valle
#10 Parkland

Everyone had huge expectations for Eastlake! Wonder if the pressure got to the kids

Canutillo was almost invisible in all the predictions, but that was mostly because of last season's off year

But overall most of you crazy fanatics know what your talking about

Jumbo Jim
.......geeeez..,,,,as far as above rankings...,,Coronado and Andress suddenly drop out of top ten because they didnt participate in the cities 7 on7 ??!!!!!.....if you think YSLETA is better than Andress and Coronado...then you are putting away to much into two hand touch!!!....and if you do.....ill put my check against yours that Coronado beats Ysleta....by 21 its......cmon ppl of EL PASO....one UTEP camp and 7 on 7 tourney later and suddenly Ysleta and Canutillo are top dogs....for the sake of humanity.....STOP with all the nonsense!!!!

Ysleta might be better than Coronado after all there steve o..Funny reading all these comments.

It's great to come back and review these old posts especially this one that EP Gridiron started.

Look at EP Gridiron's PreSeason #1 and PreSeason #2. Freaking awesome!!!! And to think that EP Gridiron posted this back on May 12, 2016 which is like almost 4 months before the season even started.

EP Gridiron's PreSeason #1 and PreSeason #2 play this week!!!

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m