Forum: EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
  
Author
Comment
Eastlake 2016

After seeing the spring game eastlake is still alive and well !!! Oline needs work but held their own with a good returning defense that seems to be a few steps behind the offense right now!!! All skilled positions looked great lacking some depth but no steps,lost !!! Going out on a limb but I say eastlake goes undefeated in their predistrict and district games this season !!! What say you ?

Re: Eastlake 2016

From Brownsville and still following the Falcons I hope so!

Re: Eastlake 2016

That offense looked great at the spring game, yeah the line was a little weak at times but it has come a long way from the beginning of spring practice. Skill position players I feel are even better this year and with experience at QB and RB they will be tough to deal with. Do I think they'll go undefeated? Well, you have to respect El Do and Del Valle is always dangerous, but I do feel they have a good shot. When the line comes together they will be an offensive juggernaut. Only time will tell.

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: Juiced
That offense looked great at the spring game, yeah the line was a little weak at times but it has come a long way from the beginning of spring practice. Skill position players I feel are even better this year and with experience at QB and RB they will be tough to deal with. Do I think they'll go undefeated? Well, you have to respect El Do and Del Valle is always dangerous, but I do feel they have a good shot. When the line comes together they will be an offensive juggernaut. Only time will tell.



Agreed .... A lot of football yet to be played and no telling what could happen this year!!!! ...Eldo and Chapin will be two tough matchups for them ......and will hopefully prepare them to face the rest of the teams in district !!! But being a Eastlake fan and supporter nothing wrong with hoping for the best outcome right ? Lol. And I also agree that the skilled positions look even better this year !!! So will see where this team is once the season starts !!!! And go from there !!!

Re: Eastlake 2016

This is old news but anyone know why that kid from eastlake didn't get any offers? Number 33 I believe it was. He had outstanding speed and was not afraid to make a hit.

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: FOOTBALLFAN4life
This is old news but anyone know why that kid from eastlake didn't get any offers? Number 33 I believe it was. He had outstanding speed and was not afraid to make a hit.


I believe you're referencing Reyes Najera. He was an awesome linebacker with speed, intelligence and aggression. Unfortunately Eastlake started its uprising during his Junior year and never was recognized. Even now Eastlake has not had much success with getting their talented athletes noticed to the next level. Maybe this year will be the year they get one D1 player or maybe even two. Thoughts?

Re: Eastlake 2016

Yes him! I'm not too familiar how colleges recruit but he would of been a great fit for Utep. Any suggestion why he didn't succeed? Because I know his teammate received an partial offer from Utep if I'm correct.

Re: Eastlake 2016

I don't know exactly why he didn't receive any offers, or maybe he did and just had different plans. I used to love watching him play, his name would be called out about 20 times a game over the intercom. Chris Barnwell to my knowledge did receive a partial scholarship to Utep and I assume he is still there. There are so many talented athletes that have gone unrecognized at Eastlake. I hope with all their current success that will change.

Re: Eastlake 2016

Thought I'd post this nice little video for all the out of town Eastlake Fans Enjoy !!!!

Re: Eastlake 2016

Kingsrealm it's not EP Gridiron's amazing magic but I liked it. Thanks for posting it. My son liked it also. Thank you

Re: Eastlake 2016

Thank you for that Kingsrealm I'm too far from there now it was an honor knowing all those boys watching them come up through the same youth football program my son came up through. They had great coaches then and now! Looks like Ivan will have a great season and more reps this year. I'll also be looking to make out to see some of the boys play that went to UTPB when they play in Kingsville Billy JR is an amazing athlete knew him since he was 5!

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: Left Falcon Land
Thank you for that Kingsrealm I'm too far from there now it was an honor knowing all those boys watching them come up through the same youth football program my son came up through. They had great coaches then and now! Looks like Ivan will have a great season and more reps this year. I'll also be looking to make out to see some of the boys play that went to UTPB when they play in Kingsville Billy JR is an amazing athlete knew him since he was 5!


They still have to proof it on the field.

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: Jutep
Quote: Left Falcon Land
Thank you for that Kingsrealm I'm too far from there now it was an honor knowing all those boys watching them come up through the same youth football program my son came up through. They had great coaches then and now! Looks like Ivan will have a great season and more reps this year. I'll also be looking to make out to see some of the boys play that went to UTPB when they play in Kingsville Billy JR is an amazing athlete knew him since he was 5!


They still have to proof it on the field.


Look kid I'm sure you are trying to say prove it and proof but the Falcons have proved it time and time again so don't know what you're trying to get at!

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: Left Falcon Land
Quote: Jutep
Quote: Left Falcon Land
Thank you for that Kingsrealm I'm too far from there now it was an honor knowing all those boys watching them come up through the same youth football program my son came up through. They had great coaches then and now! Looks like Ivan will have a great season and more reps this year. I'll also be looking to make out to see some of the boys play that went to UTPB when they play in Kingsville Billy JR is an amazing athlete knew him since he was 5!


They still have to proof it on the field.


Look kid I'm sure you are trying to say prove it and proof but the Falcons have proved it time and time again so don't know what you're trying to get at!


This is probably the best all around team Eastlake has had. Most of these kids have played together since their youth programs, Middle school and now at the High School level. In my opinion, the one thing that makes them better than previous years is that they have depth. Now will the coaches utilize it is the big question. My prediction is Elite 8 at a minimum. Good Luck Falcons.

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: fan
Quote: Left Falcon Land
Quote: Jutep
Quote: Left Falcon Land
Thank you for that Kingsrealm I'm too far from there now it was an honor knowing all those boys watching them come up through the same youth football program my son came up through. They had great coaches then and now! Looks like Ivan will have a great season and more reps this year. I'll also be looking to make out to see some of the boys play that went to UTPB when they play in Kingsville Billy JR is an amazing athlete knew him since he was 5!


They still have to proof it on the field.


Look kid I'm sure you are trying to say prove it and proof but the Falcons have proved it time and time again so don't know what you're trying to get at!


This is probably the best all around team Eastlake has had. Most of these kids have played together since their youth programs, Middle school and now at the High School level. In my opinion, the one thing that makes them better than previous years is that they have depth. Now will the coaches utilize it is the big question. My prediction is Elite 8 at a minimum. Good Luck Falcons.[/quote

All around ? Nah.... Eastlakes has a mix of young and very expierence players this year !!! Both offensively and defensively on it's team . Ofensively All the skilled position have expierence but the depth is young and unproven and so is their oline... Defensively they bring alot of expierence back but again the depth is unproven !!! And is also a mix !!! In prior years they have Been strong defensively and offensively and all the backups on both sides of the ball Were proven As well .Can they make a good run ? Answer is yes .... But they can easily falter with no expiereced depth !!! In the playoffs the game gets alot faster and injuries become things teams can't afford without proven depth !!! So will see how it all plays out this year and how the young players step up !!!! Then we can revisit how far they can go !!! Until then!!!! "Fear The FALCONS"

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: Kingsrealm
Quote: fan
Quote: Left Falcon Land
Quote: Jutep
Quote: Left Falcon Land
Thank you for that Kingsrealm I'm too far from there now it was an honor knowing all those boys watching them come up through the same youth football program my son came up through. They had great coaches then and now! Looks like Ivan will have a great season and more reps this year. I'll also be looking to make out to see some of the boys play that went to UTPB when they play in Kingsville Billy JR is an amazing athlete knew him since he was 5!


They still have to proof it on the field.


Look kid I'm sure you are trying to say prove it and proof but the Falcons have proved it time and time again so don't know what you're trying to get at!


This is probably the best all around team Eastlake has had. Most of these kids have played together since their youth programs, Middle school and now at the High School level. In my opinion, the one thing that makes them better than previous years is that they have depth. Now will the coaches utilize it is the big question. My prediction is Elite 8 at a minimum. Good Luck Falcons.[/quote

All around ? Nah.... Eastlakes has a mix of young and very expierence players this year !!! Both offensively and defensively on it's team . Ofensively All the skilled position have expierence but the depth is young and unproven and so is their oline... Defensively they bring alot of expierence back but again the depth is unproven !!! And is also a mix !!! In prior years they have Been strong defensively and offensively and all the backups on both sides of the ball Were proven As well .Can they make a good run ? Answer is yes .... But they can easily falter with no expiereced depth !!! In the playoffs the game gets alot faster and injuries become things teams can't afford without proven depth !!! So will see how it all plays out this year and how the young players step up !!!! Then we can revisit how far they can go !!! Until then!!!! "Fear The FALCONS"
Disagree......

I watched these kids play and develop for Many years. Every Year we have a mix I Agree, but this groups younger and Experienced players come from a long history of being winners and know what it takes to win ( Not saying that our kids haven't in the past). Unlike teams in the past, most of these kids played together running the same spread offense and call signs since their youth and Middle School teams. What I'm saying is that even the back ups are familiar and comfortable stepping into both offensive and defensive schemes. Yes the game gets faster but so do they. Its all relative. Agree to Disagree? Until then!!!! "Fear The FALCONS" [8-0)Agree?

Re: Eastlake 2016

I agree with KingsRealm, the biggest concern is with the O-LINE. We lost a very good Center and a couple of other key offensive lineman. If we cant block and hold defensive lineman back we will struggle. Another concern I have is at the WR spot. Our Slot receivers are proven but the kids that are going to step up at WR are young and they showed some inconsistency during 7on7 by dropping key receptions at the state tourney. All that needs to be done by the kids is just work hard and buy into what the coaches ask of them.

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: Koolarrow
I agree with KingsRealm, the biggest concern is with the O-LINE. We lost a very good Center and a couple of other key offensive lineman. If we cant block and hold defensive lineman back we will struggle. Another concern I have is at the WR spot. Our Slot receivers are proven but the kids that are going to step up at WR are young and they showed some inconsistency during 7on7 by dropping key receptions at the state tourney. All that needs to be done by the kids is just work hard and buy into what the coaches ask of them.


Huh? Milo has great size and can leap out of the stadium with decent hands and Nathan has probably the best hands on the team? About the O-Line just like you stated on another stream they just need to hold the defense briefly so that this type of spread offense with a strong armed QB can distribute the ball.

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: Falcon Dad
Quote: Koolarrow
I agree with KingsRealm, the biggest concern is with the O-LINE. We lost a very good Center and a couple of other key offensive lineman. If we cant block and hold defensive lineman back we will struggle. Another concern I have is at the WR spot. Our Slot receivers are proven but the kids that are going to step up at WR are young and they showed some inconsistency during 7on7 by dropping key receptions at the state tourney. All that needs to be done by the kids is just work hard and buy into what the coaches ask of them.


Huh? Milo has great size and can leap out of the stadium with decent hands and Nathan has probably the best hands on the team? About the O-Line just like you stated on another stream they just need to hold the defense briefly so that this type of spread offense with a strong armed QB can distribute the ball.



Milo is tall and lanky with ok hands. The thing that I'm concerned with him, is can he sustain and stay with his block on the cornerback. You know that %80 of our offense is the jet sweep to the slot.

Re: Eastlake 2016

The good ol jet sweep that's been instilled in these kids heads from the flag and youth program even the in coming freshman team should be solid. Im going to sway away a lil but pay close attention to the current 8th graders they will make a lot of noise in the next couple of years. My son would've been there with them but we moved…

Re: Eastlake 2016

I think milo had a great 7 on 7 tourney and will only
translate to the season. He is a player to watch this season.

Re: Eastlake 2016

Eastlake reminds me of the old Andress. They win district titles and some playoffs games but cannot go past the 3rd round.

In my opinion Eastlake is the new Andress.

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: SW
Eastlake reminds me of the old Andress. They win district titles and some playoffs games but cannot go past the 3rd round.

In my opinion Eastlake is the new Andress.



Hmmmm ...... Take this into consideration !!! They have done all that only in 4 or 5 years of varsity football !!! So it's not as vanilla as you make it seem !!! Just saying !!!

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: SW
Eastlake reminds me of the old Andress. They win district titles and some playoffs games but cannot go past the 3rd round.

In my opinion Eastlake is the new Andress.


Gee I don't know SW...Eastlake has gone three deep in playoffs TWICE.. I think this is better than Americas has EVER done

Re: Eastlake 2016

This is for the Eastlake players that come in here to read the epgidiron threads and feel good about themselves !!!! Your being hyped up you haven't accomplished anything yet !!!! So start owing what this years team can do...... And get after it !!! You know what it takes to get passed the 3rd round you' ve been there twice !!! Now it really doesn't mean anything if you know what it takes to break down that wall and not work hard week in week out to break it right ? So stop listening to the hype!!!!! Don't be the team that loses the tradition that your former brother work so hard to build !!!! If you don't get passed the third round this year it will be a dismal year and all that hard work that accomplished by your former brothers will be for nothing !!! And that's not the eastlake way !!!! So you guys need to decide if your going to be the team that takes a step forward or a step backwards but it's on you and nobody else !!!!! So what say you senior leaders ?

Re: Eastlake 2016

Good post

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: SW Bob Bear
Quote: SW
Eastlake reminds me of the old Andress. They win district titles and some playoffs games but cannot go past the 3rd round.

In my opinion Eastlake is the new Andress.


Gee I don't know SW...Eastlake has gone three deep in playoffs TWICE.. I think this is better than Americas has EVER done


The tad really need to chill with the 3 deep thing. 5a three deep is the same as 6a 2 deep. First round is a local team ijs. Eastwood playing Wolcott frenship is a little different then eastlake playing day a bowie or burges ijs.....no disrespect but the 3 rounds thing is not comparable. But yes eastlake is a grey program. Bottom line is all our programs hit a road block in the dfw area. Good thing is that road block used to be the Lubbock middessa area and now we have crushed that. B

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: Supporter
Quote: SW Bob Bear
Quote: SW
Eastlake reminds me of the old Andress. They win district titles and some playoffs games but cannot go past the 3rd round.

In my opinion Eastlake is the new Andress.


Gee I don't know SW...Eastlake has gone three deep in playoffs TWICE.. I think this is better than Americas has EVER done


The tad really need to chill with the 3 deep thing. 5a three deep is the same as 6a 2 deep. First round is a local team ijs. Eastwood playing Wolcott frenship is a little different then eastlake playing day a bowie or burges ijs.....no disrespect but the 3 rounds thing is not comparable. But yes eastlake is a grey program. Bottom line is all our programs hit a road block in the dfw area. Good thing is that road block used to be the Lubbock middessa area and now we have crushed that. B


Hey Jockstrap, speak English!!! WTH is tad really need to chill and who is Wolcott frenship???? Now stop cruising the boards and sticking your nose in every discussion. Go do something productive like eat your pancakes and mow the lawn

Re: Eastlake 2016

Supporter and a few of us have been posting a lot within this open forum during the offseason and all of a sudden the season is about a week away and some people are starting to come in here telling others what to do like where to post and how to post???

And also all of a sudden the English instructors are coming in here and on the full alert for spelling by us users online?

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: Supporter Jockstrap
Quote: Supporter
Quote: SW Bob Bear
Quote: SW
Eastlake reminds me of the old Andress. They win district titles and some playoffs games but cannot go past the 3rd round.

In my opinion Eastlake is the new Andress.


Gee I don't know SW...Eastlake has gone three deep in playoffs TWICE.. I think this is better than Americas has EVER done


The tad really need to chill with the 3 deep thing. 5a three deep is the same as 6a 2 deep. First round is a local team ijs. Eastwood playing Wolcott frenship is a little different then eastlake playing day a bowie or burges ijs.....no disrespect but the 3 rounds thing is not comparable. But yes eastlake is a grey program. Bottom line is all our programs hit a road block in the dfw area. Good thing is that road block used to be the Lubbock middessa area and now we have crushed that. B


Hey Jockstrap, speak English!!! WTH is tad really need to chill and who is Wolcott frenship???? Now stop cruising the boards and sticking your nose in every discussion. Go do something productive like eat your pancakes and mow the lawn


Autocorrect won't let me type 5as and if you read the post and digest it, there was no hate. I said chill with the 3 deep hate that they throw to the 6as, our collective road block is in dfw, and we have all pushed past the Lubbock and midessa area. By hey keep being a tool

Re: Eastlake 2016

Eastlake making noise Adrian Chavez on the list

http://www.texasfootball.com/revealed-2016-mr-texas-football-player-of-the-year-watch-list/

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: Left Falcon Land
Eastlake making noise Adrian Chavez on the list

http://www.texasfootball.com/revealed-2016-mr-texas-football-player-of-the-year-watch-list/


Joshua Fields RB El Paso Americas

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: ahs
Quote: Left Falcon Land
Eastlake making noise Adrian Chavez on the list

http://www.texasfootball.com/revealed-2016-mr-texas-football-player-of-the-year-watch-list/


Joshua Fields RB El Paso Americas


Well if he wasn't on that list there would be a problem but again this is an Eastlake post am I not correct?

Re: Eastlake 2016

Yeah din know how he can up.

Re: Eastlake 2016

Am i the only one surprised by them barely getting by the Spartans? Not sure what to take from that....Spartans better than we realized or Eastlake not quite as good as we think???

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: Gridiron
Am i the only one surprised by them barely getting by the Spartans? Not sure what to take from that....Spartans better than we realized or Eastlake not quite as good as we think???


I thought the same
and jumped DV up to 2 5A favorites

Re: Eastlake 2016

I wouldn't put to much stock on the scrimmage !!!! Eastlakes 1st team defense pretty much held the Spartans to negative yards rushing and a 20 yard pass half way into the second quarter .... The 1st team offiense pretty much moved the ball at will ... And with the mix of the number 2's mistakes were made in the red zone the game could have easily been 28-0 halfway through the second quarter !!! But you take what you want from it !!! The spartans scored with a mix of ones and two in the game .... But I think they showed very good effort throughout the game despite everything else !!! So you can pick whatever favorite team you choose as your top 2-5a team ..... Because they'll still have to go through eastlake !!!! Until then fear the falcons !!!

Re: Eastlake 2016

I'm with you guys. Bteust in a game Eastlake wins by 40. Scrimmages don't mean a thing coaches are sitting people and not showing to much. Furthermore game plan has a lot to do with wind and losses. Mark my words. Eastlake wins district again. I guess you can say a 4 peat. And then 5 peat but when and if they move up we will find out how strong the program is. Because I'm 6a there I only 1 cupcake school. I think dcs are still a possibility but Will come few and far between. Don't put stock in this scrimmage.

Re: Eastlake 2016

# 25 the right corner is a 1st teamer. He continues to get beat week in and week out, and no changes made. He is the Achilles heal of the Falcon defense.

Re: Eastlake 2016

My take from the scrimmage and yes, it's only a scrimmage. Eastlake is a very solid team with a really good defense and very good QB play. They are tough to run on and are quick and fast on offense.

But I will say that I was very proud of our boys, with they way they hung with a team the caliber of Eastlake. Yes, they did a great job against our run game but we also broke a long one for a TD down the sideline. Our QB made a couple of fantastic throws, dropping them right where they needed to be and our defense made some nice plays in the backfield. I'm not much on woulda coulda shoulda so at the end of the scrimmage it was 21-14. Nothing more...nothing less.

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: Spartandad
My take from the scrimmage and yes, it's only a scrimmage. Eastlake is a very solid team with a really good defense and very good QB play. They are tough to run on and are quick and fast on offense.

But I will say that I was very proud of our boys, with they way they hung with a team the caliber of Eastlake. Yes, they did a great job against our run game but we also broke a long one for a TD down the sideline. Our QB made a couple of fantastic throws, dropping them right where they needed to be and our defense made some nice plays in the backfield. I'm not much on woulda coulda shoulda so at the end of the scrimmage it was 21-14. Nothing more...nothing less.


Well then lets take a look at realty !!!!

1 qtr. Both starting QB's
Spartan 1st drive Punt
Eastlakes first drive ball at the 15 two drop passes In the endzone no score .
Spartan 2nd possession Punt
Eastlakes 2nd drive Scores
Spartans third possession Punt
Eastlake third drive first down at the two yard line but ball is given over to Spartans... can't figure that one out!!!
Spartans 4th Drive Incepted by Eastlake.
Eastlake 4th Drive Score.
Spartans fifth possession missed tackle 2nd string CB lets runner get to the outside 75 yard td.
Eastlakes 5th possession Keith gets intercepted at the 5 yard line

Halftime

White at QB Spartans still have Starting QB in rotation

3rd qtr.
Eastlake 1st drive punt
Spartans 1st drive punt
Eastlakes 2nd drive score
Spartans 2nd drive QB gets rocked was an actual fumble but was still given possession of the ball... next play touchdown to a wide open receiver by a busted coverage.

4th qtr. Spartans 2nd string QB and white at QB nothing special happened after that pretty much the 2nd and 3rd team players playing at that point...


So Like I said you take away what you want from it!!!It's neither here nor there.... Just thought I'd give you a true representation of the actual game and how it played out ....And As you mentioned previously nothing more nothing less score was 21-14 so it is what it is !!!! Good Luck against the rockets this week hopefully Your Spartans can start off the season with a win !!!! Good Luck !!!!!







Re: Eastlake 2016

Good luck against El Dorado

Re: Eastlake 2016

Here we go !!!! If the offensive line can hold and the defense can avoid the silly mistakes !!!! Eldo will get beat fo sho !!! Otherwise it's back to the drawing board boys !!! Good luck !!! And show Eldo what we do down here in the 852 !!!! until then fear the falcons !!!

Re: Eastlake 2016

To many turnovers and defense still needs some work !!!! Overall I think eastlake still looked good !!! So back to the drawing board !!!

Re: Eastlake 2016

It was a great game. Never underestimate the Aztec nation. I hope Fry and Lazarin are ok....GO AZTECS!

Re: Eastlake 2016

Eastlake 2016???

0 and 1

Re: Eastlake 2016

...its funny......its okay for Eastlake to give up 45 points...everyone says....heck yeah..we are good brah..!!!...meanwhile a 6A team gives up 45 and all the sudden the defense is terrible...........OOOOOh i get it!!!!....Eastlake realizes they go back to playing 5A teams they usually beat down......ALL is well Eastlake!!......stay in 5A!!!

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: steve O
...its funny......its okay for Eastlake to give up 45 points...everyone says....heck yeah..we are good brah..!!!...meanwhile a 6A team gives up 45 and all the sudden the defense is terrible...........OOOOOh i get it!!!!....Eastlake realizes they go back to playing 5A teams they usually beat down......ALL is well Eastlake!!......stay in 5A!!![/quot

What part of defense needs some work did you not understand bra ? Smh !!! Silly guy !!! . It isn't okay !!!!

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: steve O
...its funny......its okay for Eastlake to give up 45 points...everyone says....heck yeah..we are good brah..!!!...meanwhile a 6A team gives up 45 and all the sudden the defense is terrible...........OOOOOh i get it!!!!....Eastlake realizes they go back to playing 5A teams they usually beat down......ALL is well Eastlake!!......stay in 5A!!!


And this is directed at you steve O !!!!! Seeing you run your mouth without really knowing what eastlakes defensive problems were Last night !!!!!! Here's a hint !!!! Arm tackling bruh !!!!! something that can be fixed !!!!! Big difference to having a bad defense that can't get themselves in position to make the stop !!!!!!!! El Dorado had one play where Number 12 ran the wildcat and juked the hell out of the defensive player !!!!!! the rest of times the defense was their Just way to much arm tackling !!!!! and you don't say much about how a 5a team was able to score 35 points on one of your top tier 6a teams now do you ? El Do was just the better team last night much respect to them !!!!! It is what it is !!! So don't come in here bad mouth Eastlake that played well considering it was the first game of the season and having played a tough team !!! Take your hater aid drink and place it where it belongs !!!! Sounds like your actually mad that your favorite 6a team didn't fair so well defensively and your mad because Eastlake isn't being criticized like your team is!!!!! get over it !!!! And Note to self !!!!!! All is well at Eastlake bruh !!!! and sorry but they don't need your approval to know that it is !!!!!!!! So fear the Falcons bruh !!!! And take that to the bank !!!!

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: Kingsrealm
Quote: steve O
...its funny......its okay for Eastlake to give up 45 points...everyone says....heck yeah..we are good brah..!!!...meanwhile a 6A team gives up 45 and all the sudden the defense is terrible...........OOOOOh i get it!!!!....Eastlake realizes they go back to playing 5A teams they usually beat down......ALL is well Eastlake!!......stay in 5A!!!


And this is directed at you steve O !!!!! Seeing you run your mouth without really knowing what eastlakes defensive problems were Last night !!!!!! Here's a hint !!!! Arm tackling bruh !!!!! something that can be fixed !!!!! Big difference to having a bad defense that can't get themselves in position to make the stop !!!!!!!! El Dorado had one play where Number 12 ran the wildcat and juked the hell out of the defensive player !!!!!! the rest of times the defense was their Just way to much arm tackling !!!!! and you don't say much about how a 5a team was able to score 35 points on one of your top tier 6a teams now do you ? El Do was just the better team last night much respect to them !!!!! It is what it is !!! So don't come in here bad mouth Eastlake that played well considering it was the first game of the season and having played a tough team !!! Take your hater aid drink and place it where it belongs !!!! Sounds like your actually mad that your favorite 6a team didn't fair so well defensively and your mad because Eastlake isn't being criticized like your team is!!!!! get over it !!!! And Note to self !!!!!! All is well at Eastlake bruh !!!! and sorry but they don't need your approval to know that it is !!!!!!!! So fear the Falcons bruh !!!! And take that to the bank !!!!
Wow some ones salty here!! Eastlake will be fine kings

Re: Eastlake 2016

Listen, these games are designed to fix what is wrong before going into district play. Both teams had some issues that need to be addressed this week, and they will be. As for the game itself, El Do had size and speed to boot, Barfield has some sick speed and great jukes, Jorge was stellar as he usually is for El Do, and Hampton was a non factor as usual. Defensively El Do had issues dealing with the Falcons speed, especially to the outside, they made an adjustment at the half and it helped slow them down. I believe El Do goes on to battle it out with Eastwood for the 6A title.

Eastlakes offense is pretty ridiculous, there is speed everywhere, unfortunately no size to go with it. Tarango was spectacular as we've come to appreciate from him and almost willed that team to a victory had they not fumbled the ball three times in crucial field position territory. A key injury to Chavez and a starting lineman didn't help any either. If Tarango can keep playing at this level I don't see very many teams being able to keep up in 5A. Ok, now the bad... Do they do tackling drills out at Eastlake? I mean maybe they should leave the defense on the bus and dare the other team to outscore them. Barfield is a fast, shifty guy, but they made him look like Michael Vick with all those missed tackles. Once the D tightens things up I don't see any competition in 2 5A for the Falcons.

2 less fumbles and stop Barfield a couple of times on 3rd and long and we'd be talking about Eastlake being a juggernaut in El Paso. Kudos to coach Torrez for getting those Aztecs off on the right foot this year, El Do will be a force to reckon with.

Re: Eastlake 2016

Eastlake Vs ELDO


Wouldn't work with the BB Codes !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If3OlWLqJck&feature=youtu.be


Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: Kingsrealm
Eastlake Vs ELDO


Wouldn't work with the BB Codes !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If3OlWLqJck&feature=youtu.be




Here you go King. It worked for me. I got the bbcode and all I put from the youtube video was this code If3OlWLqJck

Re: Eastlake 2016

Thanks !!!!!! Eastsider !!!!!!!

Re: Eastlake 2016

Good video Eastlake!!!

Re: Eastlake 2016

Show us last nights video.OH i think you guys forgot to show all of EL DORADOS TOUCHDOWNS.

Re: Eastlake 2016

Eastlake is in trouble big league and Canutillo, Del Valle and Parkland can't wait to get a piece.

Re: Eastlake 2016

I think it's the end of the road for Eastlake, they had a good run but it's time to come back to reality. The O-line is atrocious, receivers run at half speed, backs can't hold on to the ball. Don't even get me started with the arm tackling defense, these kids look scared to hit anybody. QB and slots are fast and athletic but spend most of their time running for their lives. Coaches make no adjustments and their offense has become predictable. It may be another few years till they can rebuild. Canuts takes this district with no competition. Nice run for those Falcons, but their wings have been clipped. Time for the Eagles to soar once again!

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: Whoa
I think it's the end of the road for Eastlake, they had a good run but it's time to come back to reality. The O-line is atrocious, receivers run at half speed, backs can't hold on to the ball. Don't even get me started with the arm tackling defense, these kids look scared to hit anybody. QB and slots are fast and athletic but spend most of their time running for their lives. Coaches make no adjustments and their offense has become predictable. It may be another few years till they can rebuild. Canuts takes this district with no competition. Nice run for those Falcons, but their wings have been clipped. Time for the Eagles to soar once again!


Will see how good your reality holds true once District starts next week lets see what parkland brings to the table !!!!! One week At a time !!!!! Alot of football left to be played

Re: Eastlake 2016

Waiting for the video,QUE PASO.WHEN YOU SAY ALOT PEOPLE EXPECT ALOT.

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: Flint
Waiting for the video,QUE PASO.WHEN YOU SAY ALOT PEOPLE EXPECT ALOT.


That's why you should stay humble Eastlake you talk smack then don't back it up...

Great video editing...

Re: Eastlake 2016

If their was a video to post I'd post it !!!!! You have to learn how to take your losses as well as you take your wins !!!!! Remember that !!!!!!!

Re: Eastlake 2016

We say hopefully will have a successful season and hope that we do well. But never saying that other teams are in a different time zone and the only teams that are gonna do GOOD is Eastlake and Del Valle ,so far your predictions have been wrong and one more thing DONT THINK THE 5A TEAMS ARE JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU RUN OVER THEM ,AND IM curious in what time zone is East Lake in, just a question I was wondering. Please answer.

Re: Eastlake 2016

Eastlake is overrated and overhyped again! Freakin EP times all over them pumping them up like some type of state champion. Their fans telling us they are going to roll this year, what a bunch of crap! Pathetic.......

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: Flint
We say hopefully will have a successful season and hope that we do well. But never saying that other teams are in a different time zone and the only teams that are gonna do GOOD is Eastlake and Del Valle ,so far your predictions have been wrong and one more thing DONT THINK THE 5A TEAMS ARE JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU RUN OVER THEM ,AND IM curious in what time zone is East Lake in, just a question I was wondering. Please answer.


I call it as I see it flint wrong or right it is what it is... which is my opinion !!!!! And Yes based on what I've seen so far .... I still think Del Valle and Eastlake will battle it out for the District Championship ... I'm sure your argument and mine will play itself out !!!!! So be patient !!!! The season is about to start !!!! And last time I checked everybody in district has zero wins and zero loses My Man !!!!!!So Good Luck to canuts against Bel Air next week !!!!

Re: Eastlake 2016

You didn't answer me what is the LEVEL N TIME ZONE ,THAT EASTLAKE IS IN THAT EVERYONE ELSE IS NOT.

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: Flint
You didn't answer me what is the LEVEL N TIME ZONE ,THAT EASTLAKE IS IN THAT EVERYONE ELSE IS NOT.


Level and time zone is that both teams Del Valle and Eastlake have a superior ofense and defensive team then Canutillo has right now from my point of view !!!!!! Can that change possibly but until I see that change.... it is what it is and my opinion remains the same regardless of whether I'm right or wrong...... it's neither here nor there Dog !!!! understand that !!! Now ... I'm not here to appease you or anybody else !!! And yes opinions ...are Like aholes everybody seems to have one including You ? hahahahahah !!!! So don't sweat the petty $hit!!!! Always pet the sweaty $hit !!! LOL !!!

Re: Eastlake 2016

dude shut up.

Re: Eastlake 2016

Eastlake is fine. They're biggest mistake was assuming the name itself wins the games. Underestimating, disrespecting their opponents. Gotta take Parkland serious and take it from there.

They should be good to go for district play. Still giving the edge to DV for 2 5A crown.

Did Chavez play? Vs Chapin

No shame in losing to 1 6A and 1 5A defending champs. Chapin has a great defense, held a better Eastwood last year to their lowest scoring game.

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: Flint
dude shut up.


hahahahah !!!!!!!!! Maybe you should take your own advice there chief !!!!!!!!! You came into a Eastlake thread by choice searching for answers !!!!! Now if your going to get all butt hurt !!! because I don't have the same opinion of your team that you do .... that's not on me it's on you !!! Not saying that you did or didn't ..... but if the shoe fits !!!!!!! make sure you lace that biXXtch up tight and wear it !!!!!!!! LOL !!!!

Re: Eastlake 2016

LOWER LEVEL AND NO WIN ZONE.

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: epgerm
Eastlake is fine. They're biggest mistake was assuming the name itself wins the games. Underestimating, disrespecting their opponents. Gotta take Parkland serious and take it from there.

They should be good to go for district play. Still giving the edge to DV for 2 5A crown.

Did Chavez play? Vs Chapin

No shame in losing to 1 6A and 1 5A defending champs. Chapin has a great defense, held a better Eastwood last year to their lowest scoring game.



I totally agree Germ !!!! Your right !!!! I mentioned it on a above thread that Eastlake football players need to stop listening to the hype and start balling.. They have a team to do well if it choices too !!!!! I've seen some real great things from the team and some real bad one's.... the bad ones can be fixed by good coaching !!! Now whether that happens is yet to be seen ... And truth be told on both games Eastlake had the opportunity to take the games if it wasn't for costly mistakes at critical stages of the game !!!!!! no excuses though it is what it is and a loss is a loss could've should've would've are pipe dreams !!!!!! Now they have to learn from them and move forward !!!!!! And No Chavez did not play on Friday's game... but if Eastlake wants to win district and make a deep run !!! they have to get good enough to be able to ball without or without one of their star players !!!!

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: Flint
LOWER LEVEL AND NO WIN ZONE.



You should be more concerned about your next matchup flint !!! Then coming into a Eatlake thread trying to get validation and attention for your Canuts team !!!! Makes you sound a little salty Bruh ....that your not getting the respect And attention you think your team deserves after a 2-0 start !!! Why don't you Go start a new thread on how Canuts is back and how they managed to beat soco loco and a depleted Coronado team ? Lower level and no win zone is fine with me !!!! Your opinion is irrelavant to me I have my own !!! But Unlike you I can take yours like a Grain of salt and move on about my business !!! See you in November Boi !!!!

Re: Eastlake 2016

Over here at Canuts were waiting for your edited video ,waiting to see the speed that couldnt catch a 200 and some pound running back.lol

Re: Eastlake 2016

Goes to show 7 on 7 doesn't mean jack diddly squat!!!.....
QB is underperforming!!...and so on!!!...what happen to the running game??
all i read was how Eastlake this Eastlake that....eastlake going 3 deep!!!
errrrrrr. .....0-2

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: Flint
Over here at Canuts were waiting for your edited video ,waiting to see the speed that couldnt catch a 200 and some pound running back.lol



Like I said your opinion is taken by me like a grain of salt !!!!!! But you definitely entertain me !!!! Otherwise I wouldn't be wasting my time reading and responding to all your jibber jabber !!!!

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: KISS
Goes to show 7 on 7 doesn't mean jack diddly squat!!!.....
QB is underperforming!!...and so on!!!...what happen to the running game??
all i read was how Eastlake this Eastlake that....eastlake going 3 deep!!!
errrrrrr. .....0-2


Dude just shut up you don't mean diddly squat. KISS my ***

Re: Eastlake 2016

...THIS IS JUST ANOTHER EXAMPLE ....OF A TYPICAL EASTLAKE FAN....TRUTH HURTS LIL BOY..
YOUR NOT ON TOP SO YOU HAVE TO CRY ......

Re: Eastlake 2016

I think canutillo looks good

Re: Eastlake 2016

Ughh didn't they lose first 2 games 2 years ago also and still went 3 deep?

Re: Eastlake 2016

Nope they went 14-2 .lost to Franklin and to Ennis in the final 4.

Re: Eastlake 2016

And 5 deep.

Re: Eastlake 2016

No one in El paso has gone 5 deep. That would mean they were 1 away from state. Your trippin. Especially canutillos.

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: Glee
No one in El paso has gone 5 deep. That would mean they were 1 away from state. Your trippin. Especially canutillos.


Dude where were you in 2014? Under a rock? Or are you just looking for Canutillo attention?

Anyways Canutillo did in fact go 5 deep in the playoffs. You're the one that is trippin

Canutillo's 2014 playoff game results

(1st Round) Bi-District - Canutillo defeated Ysleta 63-28
(2nd Round) Area - Canutillo defeated San Angelo Lake View 27-10
(3rd Round) Regional - Canutillo defeated Azle 17-10.
(4th Round) Quarter - Canutillo defeated Everman 17-14
(5th Round) Semi - Canutillo lost to Ennis 13-41

Got that from EP Gridirons history page
http://www.history.epgridiron.com/

If Canutillo would have won in the 5th round they would have gone to the State Championship. So yes they were 1 away from State.

Re: Eastlake 2016

Eastlake needs to worry about keeping up with Parkland and stop obsessing over trying to match Canutillo's success. worry about your opponent this week Eastlake or you might find yourself 0-3....

Re: Eastlake 2016

I dont think Eastlake is overlooking Parkland at all. Read the thrread, its all Canutillo trash talkers. DV Dad you need to worry about your non productive team first and let Eastlake worry about their own.

Re: Eastlake 2016

Player(s) to watch:


Parkland: Patrick Sullivan, WR, DB Jr. 6-3 171

Eastlake: Ivan Avina, RB, SB Jr. 5-8 170

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: Boaz
Player(s) to watch:


Parkland: Patrick Sullivan, WR, DB Jr. 6-3 171

Eastlake: Ivan Avina, RB, SB Jr. 5-8 170


I thought Eastlake had another back, small quick he was on a TX football watchlist. Is he not on the team anymore?

Re: Eastlake 2016

Is Chavez going to play vs parkland? His presents is missed

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: Patriots126
Is Chavez going to play vs parkland? His presents is missed


Heard Chavez is done for most of the year. Hope he heals soon. You are correct without him the offense is not very potent.

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: DV dad
Quote: Patriots126
Is Chavez going to play vs parkland? His presents is missed


Heard Chavez is done for most of the year. Hope he heals soon. You are correct without him the offense is not very potent.


Not sure where you get your info !!!! But okay !!!

Re: Eastlake 2016

DV Dad worries more about Eastlake than he does about his own Team. DV has bigger problems to worry about. Like making the playoffs.

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: Kingsrealm
After seeing the spring game eastlake is still alive and well !!! Oline needs work but held their own with a good returning defense that seems to be a few steps behind the offense right now!!! All skilled positions looked great lacking some depth but no steps,lost !!! Going out on a limb but I say eastlake goes undefeated in their predistrict and district games this season !!! What say you ?


Well, so much for going out on a limb, I guess it broke very quickly...

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: RR
Quote: Kingsrealm
After seeing the spring game eastlake is still alive and well !!! Oline needs work but held their own with a good returning defense that seems to be a few steps behind the offense right now!!! All skilled positions looked great lacking some depth but no steps,lost !!! Going out on a limb but I say eastlake goes undefeated in their predistrict and district games this season !!! What say you ?


Well, so much for going out on a limb, I guess it broke very quickly...




It is what it is and you keep moving forward !!!! Funny how you get all brave to put in your two cents after the fact and not before it !!! You should change your screen name to Captain Obvious !!!! Because you had a pocket full of crickets when that post was written!!! .

Re: Eastlake 2016

goes to show you football is the ultimate team sport....i liked that running back...and now he is out..
the QB misses him too....the only crickets lately are on his pass plays.....all that pre season hype is a distant
memory....Parkland in the upset!!!

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: steve o
goes to show you football is the ultimate team sport....i liked that running back...and now he is out..
the QB misses him too....the only crickets lately are on his pass plays.....all that pre season hype is a distant
memory....Parkland in the upset!!!



You're rght distant memory !!! Now the games start to count !!!! . So will see what parkland brings to the table !!! And may the best team win !!! Good luck to them matadors !!!! .

Re: Eastlake 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLo****jXAE

Eastlake Vs chapin

Sorry left falcon Land but your going to have do a youtube search.. looks like epgridiron is blocking out part of the video name.

Re: Eastlake 2016

One of the best running backs in the city without a doubt !!!!!!
It's a great expierence watching this young man play !!!






Re: Eastlake 2016

One of the best running backs in the city without a doubt !!!!!!
It's a great expierence watching this young man play !!!






https://youtu.be/cdrqQClBwsQ

Re: Eastlake 2016

As I said in the Eastlake vs Del Valle thread #8 Chavez is the real deal! He reminds me of a much more aggressive Warrick Dunn in the way he runs. One play in the red Zone against DV this tiny kid left 3 defenders on the ground injured from a combination of good blocks and him running over them! Fun to watch! Will be a steal for an upper tier DII or lower tier DI College!

Re: Eastlake 2016

Quote: kingsrealm
This is for the Eastlake players that come in here to read the epgidiron threads and feel good about themselves !!!! Your being hyped up you haven't accomplished anything yet !!!! So start owing what this years team can do...... And get after it !!! You know what it takes to get passed the 3rd round you' ve been there twice !!! Now it really doesn't mean anything if you know what it takes to break down that wall and not work hard week in week out to break it right ? So stop listening to the hype!!!!! Don't be the team that loses the tradition that your former brother work so hard to build !!!! If you don't get passed the third round this year it will be a dismal year and all that hard work that accomplished by your former brothers will be for nothing !!! And that's not the eastlake way !!!! So you guys need to decide if your going to be the team that takes a step forward or a step backwards but it's on you and nobody else !!!!! So what say you senior leaders ?

Falcons it is not the way you start it is the way you finish !!!
FEAR THE FALCONS!!!

Re: Eastlake 2016

Ysleta should put up a good fight on the football field. For how long? That's the million dollar question. Maybe for just 3 quarters.



w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m