​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
JV players moving into varsity

I'd like to know if there were some JV teams that made some noise last year that might be making noise at the next level this year.

Who won the districts last year? I know many of the good sophomores and Juniors get moved up so its not representative, but I'd still like to know if there are any players to watch out for from the JV teams last year.

Del Valle usually has a good program and use the JV as a building block for the kids.

Re: JV players moving into varsity

Coronados JV was quite impressive last season. A lot of those boys moving up

Oscar Del Real 6'0 220
Led the canutillo jv team in almost every offensive category.
He will help canutillo bounce back

I have to agree with you, my son played on Eastwood jv team and canutillo has a strong junior class coming up, that big kid #44 was a beast and #12 and #14 will be useful for the Eagles next season

Coronado JV has a lot of talent moving up.

Hanks JV won the district championship beating Eastlake and del Valle they have some good offensive weapons moving up and defensive studs.

Football22
Hanks JV won the district championship beating Eastlake and del Valle they have some good offensive weapons moving up and defensive studs.
Did you forget that parkland JV beat them by 24 it was a dominant game by parkland JV who really shocked them, plus hanks wouldn't have been DC's if parkland would've beat Big Red soooooo... Plus hanks has few offensive and defensive weapons😶😴😴

Jjj
Football22
Did you forget that parkland JV beat them by 24 it was a dominant game by parkland JV who really shocked them, plus hanks wouldn't have been DC's if parkland would've beat Big Red soooooo... Plus hanks has few offensive and defensive weapons😶😴😴
Plus parkland beat eastlake by what 20😴 Parklands JV ran through everyone in district play while hanks struggled to move the ball against parklands jv😴

I agree with you parkland jv did shock alot of people

Who are the Coronado players?

Jjj
Jjj
Football22
Plus parkland beat eastlake by what 20😴 Parklands JV ran through everyone in district play while hanks struggled to move the ball against parklands jv😴

Don't read to much into what happens at the lower levels in high school football !!!! A good JV or freshmen team does not translate into varsity success !!! What you fail to realize is that on successful teams most of the great under class men players are moved up to varsity early on , which leaves voids at the lower levels but pays handsomely overall at the varsity level... When the rest of the JV players are finally being moved up to varsity !!!!! Most of the stud player that were moved up early already have one two or even three years varsity expierence over the newbies !!! Big difference hence the quote " We don't rebuild We reload ". Just a thought to keep in mind !!! Before you start building up varsity outcomes based on lower level team performances !!!

I have to agree with King on this one. Just looking at Franklin's freshman team going 10-0 last season and looking at this years varsity roster they have around 10-15 sophomores, meaning JV probably won't be that great but the young guys are getting that varsity level experience preparing for the years to come, same goes for coronado and pebble hills

observer
I have to agree with King on this one. Just looking at Franklin's freshman team going 10-0 last season and looking at this years varsity roster they have around 10-15 sophomores, meaning JV probably won't be that great but the young guys are getting that varsity level experience preparing for the years to come, same goes for coronado and pebble hills

yea it's hard to derive much from JV success. I think there are some times where some seniors play on JV too. From what I remember, pretty much all the seniors were allowed to 'suit up' for varsity games, but if the score was too close and the ones on the bench didn't end up getting in the game, they were still eligible to play the next day on Saturday with the JV. On the other hand, freshman team success might be a good metric of incoming talent. Usually, they're not good enough to get moved up to varsity and at least where I was at, they never moved them up to JV.

Likewise, most freshman play that first season with the freshman team, then get split to varsity and jv after that

Both Coronado and Franklin have a ton of kids moving up from the Junior Varsity and ninth grade teams. They will both be very young this year.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m