EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2016 adidas Texas 7on7 Championships

The Pools have been set:

DIVISION 1 POOLS
DIVISION 2 POOLS

How will Eastwood and Eastlake do in their Pool?
Do you see them advancing? Share your thoughts.

Follow the adidas Texas 7on7 Championships on:
Official Site / Twitter / Facebook / Instagram

Re: 2016 adidas Texas 7on7 Championships

I don't think Eastwood's and Eastlake's 7on7 teams will get out of their pool and even if they happen to they will easily be eliminated later in the tournament. Tough competition all around them. Don't get me wrong I hope both Eastwood and Eastlake make some noise in the state tourney and represent El Paso well. Anyways good luck to both teams.

Come on UpperValley we all know it's going to be competitive that's a given with all the talent that will be present at this State 7-on-7 Tournament but don't be so quick to count out Eastwood and Eastlake.

Westlake and Arlington Lamar are the teams to beat in each pool. Lots of luck Eastwood and Eastlake.

Qbert you're wrong about Arlington Lamar. Cedar Ridge and Westlake are the teams to beat in those two pools. Good luck to the El Paso teams darn long trip to and from for them.

Teams get better competing against the best of the best! So good luck to both Eastlake and Eastwood teams representing El Paso.

As they say one game at a time.

I for one think it's awesome that these teams drew such tough pools,it provides a great opportunity to prove they deserve to be there. We should be backing these young men instead of doubting their abilities,we should expect they win their pool and compete in the winners bracket on Saturday,this "we don't have a chance" El Paso mentality has to change. Last year Eastwood gave Lamar all that they could handle in the playoffs,and Eastlake once again made a run into the 3rd round of the state playoffs,I'm sure both teams expected to win,we should expect the same. I know this is a forum and during the regular season I'm all for hating on each other but now is the time to rally and back these athletes during this awesome event. I promise on July 10th we can all get back to East vs West vs NE and stipulating top tens and worthy or not D1 recruits,but for now and in the playoffs let's just all come together on this forum (that other cities do not have the luxury of)and support our two representing teams.

Well said Juiced; I will be traveling to watch our boys play; my son plays for Eastlake but when I say our boys I am talking about Eastwood as well. 915 mentality needs to change. Tremendous talent in El Paso.

DBLife
Well said Juiced; I will be traveling to watch our boys play; my son plays for Eastlake but when I say our boys I am talking about Eastwood as well. 915 mentality needs to change. Tremendous talent in El Paso.

Well said. Best of luck to both teams and as an Eastwood fan all I ask is for Eastlake to whoop on Arlington Lamar.

Wishing both teams lots of luck.

Eastlake vs Eastwood today at 7pm. @Eastlake

Koolarrow
Eastlake vs Eastwood today at 7pm. @Eastlake[/quote

Didn't even know they were playing again ...Missed it !!! How did both teams look a week away from state ?

Kingsrealm
Koolarrow

Didn't even know they were playing again ...Missed it !!! How did both teams look a week away from state ?

I think the final was something like 44-18 Eatlske winning. I don't know if Eastwood is missing players but they don't look good going into a week until State. Eastlake QB was accurate and has a tremendous arm. For sure Eastlake was superior in all aspects. Eastwood needs to get it together in a week or else they are going to drive 11hrs and look foolish at State.

Koolarrow
Kingsrealm
Koolarrow

I think the final was something like 44-18 Eatlske winning. I don't know if Eastwood is missing players but they don't look good going into a week until State. Eastlake QB was accurate and has a tremendous arm. For sure Eastlake was superior in all aspects. Eastwood needs to get it together in a week or else they are going to drive 11hrs and look foolish at State.

Eastwood didn't have their qb and some receivers.

EP GRIDIRON
The Pools have been set:

DIVISION 1 POOLS
DIVISION 2 POOLS

How will Eastwood and Eastlake do in their Pool?
Do you see them advancing? Share your thoughts.

Follow the adidas Texas 7on7 Championships on:
Official Site / Twitter / Facebook / Instagram

Good luck to Eastlake and Eastwood. Represent your school and city well.

Eastlake will get by their pool. I see them going deep in the tournament.

FalconPower

I totally agree

Steven
FalconPower

I totally agree

I believe Eastlake can go deep as well ... And I hope they do ... Just to keep things in perpective however !!! This is what the old coaches predictions are and comments about Eastlake !!!!

Pool C (In predicted order of finish)
1) Arlington Lamar
2) Richmond Foster
3) Round Rock Cedar Ridge
4) El Paso Eastlake

Top to bottom you may not find a better pool than this one, it starts with Arlington Lamar who didn’t lose a game in qualifying all summer and has advanced to the State Tournament every year. The Vikings are among the real favorites to win it all for the first time. Richmond Foster had some good runs in the qualifying season, but it took a while for the Falcons to punch a ticket to state for the first time, they’ll be battle tested. Cedar Ridge made the semi-finals in two Austin area SQTs before qualifying in San Antonio, they are another battle tested bunch. There’s always a team from El Paso that is a tough out and Eastlake fits that bill, the Falcons were dominant in qualifying at the El Paso SQT and could be a real contender as well.

Here's Eastwoods !!!!

Pool M (In predicted order of finish)
1) Austin Westlake
2) El Paso Eastwood
3) Houston Heights
4) Richland

Austin Westlake’s run to the 7on7 State Title a year ago was a preview of what was to come as the Chaps advanced all the way to the title game in real football in 2015. A recurring theme for this tournament is the Chaps will at least on Day 1 be missing their QB as he’ll also be in Oregon at the Nike Event. That could open things up for Eastwood who has shown the past two years they can compete with just about anyone. Heights (formerly Reagan) is a strong contender, while Richland is making their first appearance at the State Tournament since 2010, the Rebels won the title back in 2008.

Would be great to finally have a El Paso team win this 7on7 state tournament. Good luck to both Eastwood and Eastlake.

OldMinerfan
Would be great to finally have a El Paso team win this 7on7 state tournament. Good luck to both Eastwood and Eastlake.

I am with you would surely be nice to see a El Paso team bring home the 7on7 State Championship. Eastwood and Eastlake God speed.

When are the teams leaving to college station? I raise this question because it would be great for both Eastwood and Eastlake to get there 3 to 5 days before it begins. You know to get comfortable with the area and build confidence among other things.

Good luck to both El Paso, TX teams

Bring it home boys.

**** Eastlake has lost 2 already

38-26 and 28-0.

Troop

Eastwood 1 win 1 loss

LOSS - Houston Heights 27-33
WIN - Richland 38-27

What teams have they lost to Troop?

Cats32
What teams have they lost to Troop?

I edit my post above with scores. Each team in our Pool is 1-1.

Eastwood 1W Richland 1L
Richland 1W Westlake 1L
Houston Heights 1W Eastwood 1L
Westlake 1W Houston Heights 1L

We playing Westlake next in about 30 min.

Left Falcon Land

38-26 and 28-0.

I'm surprised they got blanked in their second game !!!! But I hope they can bounce back ... And make it interesting in the consultation bracket !!!

Qbert
Westlake and Arlington Lamar are the teams to beat in each pool. Lots of luck Eastwood and Eastlake.

I told you all in my previous post in this thread June 27th that Westlake and Arlington Lamar are the teams to beat in those pools that Eastwood and Eastlake find themselves in.

Good luck to Eastwood and may they beat Westlake!!!

Kingsrealm
Left Falcon Land

38-26 and 28-0.

I'm surprised they got blanked in their second game !!!! But I hope they can bounce back ... And make it interesting in the consultation bracket !!!

Well atleast Eastlake won 1. They beat Cedar Ridge 33-27. They represented some.

Halftime Update

EL PASO Eastwood 6
AUSTIN Westlake 14

Update

EL PASO Eastwood 12
AUSTIN Westlake 14

Update

EL PASO Eastwood 19
AUSTIN Westlake 21

Final

EL PASO Eastwood 25
AUSTIN Westlake 29

OutofTowner
Final

EL PASO Eastwood 25
AUSTIN Westlake 29
Wow!! Looks like it was an awesome game. Thanks for the updates

Cats32
OutofTowner
Final

EL PASO Eastwood 25
AUSTIN Westlake 29

Yes it was a awesome game. EL PASO Eastwood actually had a lead over AUSTIN Westlake 19-14 and then a late lead 25-21 with like 3 minutes remaining which I did not post earlier because game was so exciting.

Good job Eastwood. Way to represent El Paso. Good luck you and Eastlake in the consolation bracket.

OutofTowner
Cats32
OutofTowner
Final

EL PASO Eastwood 25
AUSTIN Westlake 29

Yes it was a awesome game. EL PASO Eastwood actually had a lead over AUSTIN Westlake 19-14 and then a late lead 25-21 with like 3 minutes remaining which I did not post earlier because game was so exciting.

OutofTowner you failed to mention to El Pasoans that Westlake Chaps have been participating in this State 7on7 Tournament WITHOUT their 4 Star Quarterback and University of Texas Longhorns Commit Sam Ehlinger. It's why Richland defeated Westlake and why Eastwood almost defeated them.

http://247sports.com/Player/Sam-Ehlinger-65584

Eastwood got blown out by Sharyland Pioneer (in the rio grande valley) which is relatively new maybe 3-5 years at most and Eastlake lost by 2

Yesterday neither Eastwood or Eastlake made it out of their Pool which was expected by many in my circle of friends. Eastwood made a little bit of noise and Eastlake made none whatsoever. And today in the first rounder of the Consolation Bracket Eastwood and Eastlake were quickly eliminated. Better luck next year El Paso.

Left Falcon Land
Eastwood got blown out by Sharyland Pioneer (in the rio grande valley) which is relatively new maybe 3-5 years at most and Eastlake lost by 2

Was Ochoa there.

Ochoa was there and he looked pretty good, Eastwood is a much better team with him. Eastwood had high energy and acted like they belonged there. Eastlake looked tired, maybe the trip and weather got to them but the receivers looked like they had their feet in quicksand and multiple crucial dropped passes. El Paso showed we can compete against the best, none of the games were a walk in the park for the opposition. Now to get some pads on and get some real football going.

Ochoa was there for all of Friday's games but not there for the consolation round. They went with their sophomore in the Pioneer game.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m