Forum: EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
2016 Division 1 Offers and Commits

I noticed that EP Gridiron keeps track of El Paso athletes that go on to the next level so I decided to start this thread to see which El Paso athletes have received a official offer or offers and if they have committed this year 2016.

Here's information that I gathered so far from this forum.

Tyquez Hampton
El Dorado High School
OFFERS: Washington State, Mississippi State, Utah, West Virginia, SMU, Air Force, Navy, Army, North Texas, UTSA, UTEP, Hawaii, Incarnate Word, Louisiana Monroe, Kansas, Tulsa.
COMMITTED: commits to SMU, decommits from SMU, commits to Washington State

Joshua Fields
Americas High School
OFFERS: New Mexico, UTEP

Kolton Lindemann
Americas High School
OFFER: UTEP

Cutter Leftwich
Franklin High School

Gunner Romney
Franklin High School (moved to Arizona)
OFFER: BYU

5 division 1 so far. If there are any other El Paso athletes with a official offer or offers post it in this thread. Would be nice to see 10 athletes with Division 1 offers.

Re: 2016 Division 1 Offers and Commits

Here's that page that I'm talking about.

http://nextlevel.epgridiron.com

So on that note. I noticed a few people on this list that are not on rosters. Barnwell from Eastlake not on utep roster. Neither is Greg long or rich Rodriguez. What does that mean

Quote: Supporter
So on that note. I noticed a few people on this list that are not on rosters. Barnwell from Eastlake not on utep roster. Neither is Greg long or rich Rodriguez. What does that mean

More than likely those players you mentioned have been gray shirted. Utep is notorious for doing that and they sell it good to players and their parents.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Grayshirt

Quote: Edgar

More than likely those players you mentioned have been gray shirted. Utep is notorious for doing that and they sell it good to players and their parents.

It's not that the kids are talked into it. It's about if they're offered a full ride then they get a scholarship for the gray shirt, red shirt, and then their eligibility years. So athletes can get their masters completely free. I would easily take that deal.

As far to my knowledge I know Long did gray shirt last year and Rodriguez will be gray shirting as well.

Well I get what grey shirts are. Cole freytag was a grey shirt. But long and barnwell should be on the roster now. Furthermore what did these kids sign on national signing day. Seems kinda shaky. Wonder if they had qualifying issues (grades or test scores)

REDSHIRT
Yes Scholarship
No Play
Yes Practice
Athlete sits from competition for a year, then gets another year to complete four seasons.

GRAYSHIRT
No Scholarsip
No Play
No Practice
Athlete waits an extra semester to become a full-time student and part of the team.

BLUESHIRT
Yes Scholarship
No Play
Yes Practice
Athlete is not formally recruited, but is put on scholarship at start of freshman practice.

GREENSHIRT
Yes Scholarship
Yes Play
Yes Practice
Athlete enrolls in school a semester early.

Quote: IGWT
I noticed that EP Gridiron keeps track of El Paso athletes that go on to the next level so I decided to start this thread to see which El Paso athletes have received a official offer or offers and if they have committed this year 2016.

Here's information that I gathered so far from this forum.

Tyquez Hampton
El Dorado High School
OFFERS: Washington State, Mississippi State, Utah, West Virginia, SMU, Air Force, Navy, Army, North Texas, UTSA, UTEP, Hawaii, Incarnate Word, Louisiana Monroe, Kansas, Tulsa.
COMMITTED: commits to SMU, decommits from SMU, commits to Washington State

Joshua Fields
Americas High School

Kolton Lindemann
Americas High School

Cutter Leftwich
Franklin High School

Gunner Romney
OFFER: BYU

5 division 1 so far. If there are any other El Paso athletes with a official offer or offers post it in this thread. Would be nice to see 10 athletes with Division 1 offers.

Kolton should have more offers by midseason.

Gunner Romney with an offer from Hawaii (moved to Arizona)

Quote: 6
Gunner Romney with an offer from Hawaii (moved to Arizona)

Congratulations to Gunner. Wishing him well in Chandler, AZ

Congrats Gunner...,,,he is better than Hampton and a year younger.......will be taller.....had more than 400 yards as a
sophomore......Good Luck in Arizona............

Quote: Purple Wave
Congrats Gunner...,,,he is better than Hampton and a year younger.......will be taller.....had more than 400 yards as a
sophomore......Good Luck in Arizona............

Both athletes are talented but come on don't make nonsense comments like that.

2 offers compared to 18 offers. Yeah college recruiters don't know anything

ESPN 4 STARS
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/217836/tyquez-hampton

2 offers as a sophomore.........GO look a the numbers Qbert!!!!.....600 plus!!!!
my opinion......get over it!!!!.....every other post is about that dude.....Gunner will be taller
and in my opinion ya homer..is better.......

Numbers dont lie. Gunner had better numbers.

2 offers as a sophomore.........GO look a the numbers Qbert!!!!.....600 plus!!!!
my opinion......get over it!!!!.....every other post is about that dude.....Gunner will be taller
and in my opinion ya homer..is better.......

Well then if you really believe that with all of your Franklin heart then email or call all those Division 1 recruiters that offered Tyquez Hampton and tell them they don't know what to look for in a athlete. Tell them they are wrong and dumb.

Look I don't dislike Romney but when someone makes dumb comments that this player is better than that player without this player not having double digit offers and the other player does well you're going to get comments such as mine. I'm going with the knowledge of Division 1 recruiters i'm not going by biasness.

And stop the nonsense with statistics. College recruiters know what to look for and what they want for their program. Stats are for parents to say their kid is better than that other kid. Stats are for armchair quarterbacks.

Look if you're going to put so much emphasis on statistics then alot of quarterbacks, running backs, and wide receivers this year in El Paso should have lots of offers like Eastlake Adrain Chavez. But they don't!!! Why??? Because stats really do not matter.

.....LOOK ....THE ENTIRE....EASTLAKE TEAM IS AWESOME!!!!....do they get the respect they deserve...NO!!!!
why is that?????....because ppl like you go with the status quo way of recruiting.......ill take Eastlake's running back,
Montwoods back...,,,and we will go line it up......look i route for FRANKLIN but i love watching those guys play!!!!!...They will find a team that loves them in college....they have a place dude!!!!.....so I'm for underdog....so what!!!....but in this case....Gunner actually put up better numbers as a sophomore......and ill tell any **** recruiter.......numbers don't lie....and PRODUCTION is more important than stature.....CHARACTER is more important than stature......ill take a shot on a guy that PRODUCES....has a ton of heart...and plays the right way....over the EYE test any **** day of the week!!..what you see with these offers is lazy ass recruiting techniques.......not letting their rivals or other colleges beat them to the next big thing!!!!......now...in my humble opinion.....he hasn't produced...i could care less what a **** recruiter thinks...all i can do is go back and look at what he has done on the football field.........the entire population of el paso knows his numbers.....doesnt mean i have to be politically correct and agree with lazy ass recruiting.....you don't truly believe all of those schools actually witnessed one **** El Dorado game do you??????....maybe 5 at best...you would be a fool to think PRODUCTION doesn't matter...i mean thats why they play the game...gain yards and score...bottom line......keep feeding into the Recruiter's ideology of what a frikken WR SUPPOSE TO LOOK LIKE!!!....you are part of the problem of why guys from EL paso don't get looked at .....because you think 6ft2 equals good at the next level....im here to respectfully disagree......and that includes Franklin's (previous) Romney.....yes he was good..,,but he won't see a college field until 2 yrs after high school......and Franklin has at least 3 current wideouts faster than he was....since you like stats Qbert...does that mean they are better...of course not....but if we buy into your thought process....and all the recruiters you seem to look up to...they are....and any smart football fan knows....the season will determine just how good a player is....not all the numbers and crap we love to throw around....wins and losses my man!!!.....

Purple Wave you have hatred in you towards athletes with not so amazing stats or numbers who receive offers because in your eyes you see athletes with amazing stats or numbers that go unnoticed and receive not one single offer and that ticks you off which is understandable.

But you are so so so wrong. There are many examples to prove you wrong and I will comment on one athlete a local athlete to make my point.

Andress Eagles Wide Receiver named Rashad Still. As a Sophomore Rashad Still had no stats no numbers none whatsoever. So does that mean athletes with some stats in their Sophomore year are better athletes than Rashad Still and should be offered Division 1 scholarships and will fair better in college ball than Rashad?

As a Junior Rashad Still had under 400 yards all purpose. Anyways Minnesota Gophers of the Big10 Conference recruited Rashad Still, offered him, and as a true freshman Rashad Still started in several games and performed superb once again as a true freshman for Minnesota.

Stats in high school do not really matter for college recruiters. College recruiters know what to look for and they recruit what they want and need.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/rashad-still/gqP0QvTsEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/gendersport/football-stats.htm

Andress Eagles
Rashad Still
Minnesota Gophers #88
http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/rashad_still_950240.html

.....i i have hatred because i root more for Eastlake, Franklin, Montwood and Eastwood....those are the teams i tend to follow......you are mistaken...,it is well known that Andress coaches are well connected.....dont be a fool and think politics doesn't come into recruiting.......secondly...,,why is that ppl get their panties in a wod just because i disagree with some scouts assessment of Hampton......i could care less what a scout says.....the season will play itself out....and by the way... i went to the ESPN sight just to see the numbers Qbert was bragging about......a 34 in vertical is decent...not great....4.5 shuttle run.....(tells me he only has straight line speed)...ive seen QB with faster change of direction than a 4.5 shuttle run!!!!!....thats average at best.....i would take those stats down.....bottom line...they recruited a body type... and that fine...doesnt mean i have to agree with it.......once again....ill take Eastlake RB and 10 just like him....coaches are judged by wins and losses not how many scholarships they hand out!!!.....When is the last time Andress even went three deep.......better go back to the 80s.....Eastlake is a far better team in 5A...and so is Del Valle.........and please...dont bring up Eldo this season......because they will go as far as the QB takes them...NOT Hampton!!!.....

,,,back on point .........congrats to all who have scholarships............and Eastlake deserves better in 5A.....and as far as I'm concerned....they will have their day .........its still .....Americas, Eastlake, Franklin.....top 3........let the season play out.....and scholarships will fall into place.......

,,,back on point .........congrats to all who have scholarships............and Eastlake deserves better in 5A.....and as far as I'm concerned....they will have their day .........its still .....Americas, Eastlake, Franklin.....top 3........let the season play out.....and scholarships will fall into place.......

Thats great that AHS has 2 D-1 Commits. Its great that El Paso is finally being looked for its football talent. But does it really matter what school they go to? Shoot if it weren't for some recruiting done at Americas those 2 D-1 kids would have been at Eastlake, Both live just blocks from Eastlake. Just Saying, Congrats to all Athletes playing at the next level. Just my " El Paso way of thinking".

.....i i have hatred because i root more for Eastlake, Franklin, Montwood and Eastwood....those are the teams i tend to follow......you are mistaken...,it is well known that Andress coaches are well connected.....dont be a fool and think politics doesn't come into recruiting.......secondly...,,why is that ppl get their panties in a wod just because i disagree with some scouts assessment of Hampton......i could care less what a scout says.....the season will play itself out....and by the way... i went to the ESPN sight just to see the numbers Qbert was bragging about......a 34 in vertical is decent...not great....4.5 shuttle run.....(tells me he only has straight line speed)...ive seen QB with faster change of direction than a 4.5 shuttle run!!!!!....thats average at best.....i would take those stats down.....bottom line...they recruited a body type... and that fine...doesnt mean i have to agree with it.......once again....ill take Eastlake RB and 10 just like him....coaches are judged by wins and losses not how many scholarships they hand out!!!.....When is the last time Andress even went three deep.......better go back to the 80s.....Eastlake is a far better team in 5A...and so is Del Valle.........and please...dont bring up Eldo this season......because they will go as far as the QB takes them...NOT Hampton!!!.....

You say Andress is well connected? Are you serious with that comment? If Andress was well connected as you say 3 to 4 Andress players would be going Division 1 every single year and that's not happening. Other teams in El Paso have more athletes signing every year than Andress. Maybe you are thinking of the early 1990s.

So you don't care what recruiting sites like scout, rivals, and others say about athletes OK that's your perogative but a lot of college recruiters and people use and respect those sites.

You say coaches are judged by wins and losses not scholarships? Obviously you are a coach in giving that sort of answer. I thought education and helping the student athletes for the future came first. Yes coaches should care about wins and losses in order to keep their jobs and take care of their families but coaches should also care about helping their athletes get scholarships because afterall those athletes helped their coaches look good and helped them keep their job.

You say when is the last time Andress went three deep in the playoffs? Why don't you ask a more important question like being that Eastlake has had good teams and have gone three deep a couple of times why haven't hardly any former Eastlake players signed with a Division 1 program? In my opinion it should be student athletes first not coaches.

....okay.....I did some coaching...ill leave it at that
....I wish Americas the best....I have nothing but respect for them!
...they have 10 returning starters on defense,,,.and will have to be dealt with.......good discussion......good luck on the season!!

My 2 cents because everyone knows I have to put it in. There is a popular misconception that scholarships equal talent. Let me be the first to tell you that is not the case. The bottom line is both romney and hampton have talent and are projected to be great players. Yes Romney had way better numbers on a losing team. IN my opinion Romney is a far better player then Hampton. Better hands, better route running, no character issues, etc.......However, Hampton will be more highley recruited because of his body type and speed period. Talent and scholarship offers don't go hand and hand. If it were by talent alone Richie rodriguez would have recieved 100 offers because he was by far one of the best players at his position in the country. Understood the game, played with a chip on his shoulder, was fast, great hands, perfect routes, and heart. His draw back was he was 5'8 165 lbs........so no he is not going to be highley recruited. He literally had 3 times the recieving yards of hampton and romney. But it isn't about stats always it is sad to say but someone not being a d-1 or a d2 player doesn't mean they aren't good. Just means they didn't fit the mold being looked for. Please seperate two. We need to not bash any of the kids getting offers but celebrate the fact that so many kids get looked at here. Someone brought up AHS having 2 kids with offers that is awesome. I have noticed there are certain schools where kids move on to the next level more then others. Americas seems to be one of those schools along with Franklin, Coronado, and Del Valle. Some here need to ask why that is. Why do these schools have a higher number of kids get recruited. What is this, what is different at these schools. I wish someone would post the head coaches, years they have been at a school and the number of kids playing at the next level from that school. Hell someone probably could gather that info from this website. It would be interesting to see. There might be trend. Im going to leave it at this. The Reciever this year with the most talent is Jorge Hernandez from El Do. BUt Romney and Hampton both project well with college coaches. Lots of good players in the city bravo to coaches

Supporter I did what you said. I went to EP Gridirons ON THE MAP page and from 2005 through 2016

Chapin has like 15 division 1
Franklin and others have like 13 division 1

It's basically balanced with several teams which is good. Any player can go to any school in El Paso and make it happen no excuses!!!

This is the page
http://nextlevel.epgridiron.com

Supporter,

I agreed with everything you said until you named Jorge Hernandez as the best WR in the city. Unfortunately, he has the same problem that Richie Rodriguez had, which is his size (5'7). But does that mean he won't get recruited? Absolutely not!

In my view it's all about Time, Space, Opportunity and a little bit of luck when it comes to the recruiting process. Colleges will select the best players that they can get based on their needs and available scholarships. It's as simple as that.

Personally, I would not put too much relevance into stats because if a player happens to be in a situation where the offense pretty much evolves around him, which was the case for Rodriguez and Romney, it stands to reason that they would have high stats. But does that mean having high stats make them the best WRs? In my view no! But that's a matter of opinion. So I will leave it to others to make that determination.

As a fan myself, I have my own opinions on who I believe the best players are. But I often refrain from mentioning players by name, because I realized along time ago that the forum is not the place to state your opinions about players. Unless you are prepared to respond to the criticism that may follow.

Therefore, I choose to support those players that are homegrown and currently playing for HS in El Paso, not Arizona. So I really don't care to hear about Romney. But if Franklin fans have no other player on their roster to brag about, then have at it.

And as far as the best WR is concerned, I have my own personal favorite but I will let his talents speak for itself during the upcoming season.

Yeah he is small. But i also said that the best players aren't always the ones that get recruited. Jorge was a force. Not quite what Richie was but still a force.

Bottom line is that eldo fans want everyone to bow down to Hampton because of his offers but the exact opposite will happen. He will get everyones best db and best game. We will then see if he can live up to the hype and potential. This year. Rodriguez got everybodies best and he lived up to the hype. It I my opinion that Hampton will not. He will not have more then800 yards receiving and he will get frustrated. It will not be altogether his limitations for the subpar year. It will be a combination of new coaches and not very good qb and the fact that everyone will game plan him.

I agree teams will focus on Hampton. But in my view, ELD is in the best possible position because they have at least 3 good WRs including Hernandez that can pickup the slack. But on top of that they can also spread the defense, giving their speedy QB room to run. Time will tell.

Ref Rodriguez getting everybody's best last season and living up to the hype. If I recall that was not the case against Montwood.

Torres got hurt Rodriguez moved to qb

Bottom line is that eldo fans want everyone to bow down to Hampton because of his offers but the exact opposite will happen. He will get everyones best db and best game. We will then see if he can live up to the hype and potential. This year. Rodriguez got everybodies best and he lived up to the hype. It I my opinion that Hampton will not. He will not have more then800 yards receiving and he will get frustrated. It will not be altogether his limitations for the subpar year. It will be a combination of new coaches and not very good qb and the fact that everyone will game plan him.

Richie Rodriguez did not have 100 offers like Tyquez Hampton. Richie at his senior year only had 1 offer in UTEP. Big difference thus different pressure to live up to the hype. YOU CAN'T COMPARE APPLES TO ORANGES.

Both Torrez and Rodriguez were intercepted in the Eastwood Vs. Montwood game by SOPH Tyreese Andrus last season. So don't make statements that RR got everybody's best and he lived up to the hype unless it's 100% true. And don't make excuses for them either because nobody plays a perfect game, everybody is entitled to at lease one bad game. Anyway,that was last season and both players have moved on to bigger and better things at the next level. So congrats to them!

Montwood on the other hand have much to prove this season under new Head Coach Famaligi.

Ref Hampton and Romney...I'm not going to knock ELD and Franklin fans for supporting their players or former players, both are great players. But I will say this much, Tyreese Andrus One on One with either of them is a game changer. Guaranteed!!!

Tyquez Hampton 18 Division 1 offers
Gunner Romney 2 Division 1 offers
Richie Rodriguez 1 Division 1 offer
and
Tyreese Andrus 0 Division 1 offers

What does this have to do with anything.

This topic that I started and I titled 2016 Division 1 Offers and Commits should be just about that and only that but some of you people or dads can't seem to control your urge in figuring out a way on how to post names of athletes within this topic that do not have Division 1 Offers much less Committed with a Division 1 Program.

I understand you think, believe, your son, friend or player on your team is more stronger, more faster, more talented, more heart, more better character, more yards, than athletes who have a offer or offers but that's not what this topic is about.

Once again this topic is about 2016 Division 1 Offers and Commits. So are there any other El Paso area athletes that have a Division 1 offer or offers besides these athletes?

TYQUEZ HAMPTON
El Dorado High School
OFFERS: Washington State, Mississippi State, Utah, West Virginia, SMU, Air Force, Navy, Army, North Texas, UTSA, UTEP, Hawaii, Incarnate Word, Louisiana Monroe, Kansas, Tulsa

JOSH FIELDS
Americas High School

KOLTON LINDEMANN
Americas High School

CUTTER LEFTWICH
Franklin High School

GUNNER ROMNEY
OFFERS: BYU, Hawaii

West Virginia faithful working hard to steal Tyquez Hampton from Washington State.

http://www.dubvnation.com/wr-tyquez-hampton--excited--on-offer.html

I can verify with 100 percent accuracy this time that Joshua Fields at Americas received an appointment/scholarship offer to Air Force.

I got confirmation from his father (Pastor Jack Fields Sr) at the UTEP vs Army game yesterday. I won't have to retract my statement like I did last time.

Congratulations to Joshua and his family.

Joshua Division 1 Offers:

Air Force

New Mexico

UTEP

Quote: DaScoop
West Virginia faithful working hard to steal Tyquez Hampton from Washington State.

http://www.dubvnation.com/wr-tyquez-hampton--excited--on-offer.html

Blessed with size and speed; let Washington St keep him
I have never seen a player do so little and receive so much; but yet
the guy that lines up beside him; Crickets! Crickets! Crickets!;cuz he's smaller in stature
Hows that 1500 yard season working out for Aztec Nation
Barfield ball hog show
#somuchformybreakoutseason

Old news on recruitment but it bothers me so much when an athletes get recruited to a D1 and not have a chance to play. I went to school with Brandon moss he attend Chapin for those that do not know. He was very talented, height great hands not very speedy but did have some on him. He won state for triple jump. Yet Utep has not played him. He positioned changed to punter just to receive playing time, and he did it again this past season to cornerback. So much talent wasted without aN opportunity.

ChapinHusky,

I'm a long time UTEP season ticket holder and supporter of HS football in EP. I have seen Moss play several times with Chapin and was thrilled to see him go to UTEP in 2012, but I was shocked to see him on the sideline his first two seasons, and not playing WR. I have seen him on special teams and last week against Army, I was even more surprised to see him playing CB. When I saw him on the sideline the last two seasons, my first thought, was maybe it's a discipline problem or his work ethic, meaning he wasn't putting in the work off the field. But short of speculating, I'm sure there is a story behind why we haven't seen Moss playing WR the last three seasons.

Quote: TF-14 Infantry
I can verify with 100 percent accuracy this time that Joshua Fields at Americas received an appointment/scholarship offer to Air Force.

I got confirmation from his father (Pastor Jack Fields Sr) at the UTEP vs Army game yesterday. I won't have to retract my statement like I did last time.

Congratulations to Joshua and his family.

Joshua Division 1 Offers:

Air Force

New Mexico

UTEP

What no offers from Power 5 Conferences the ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12, SEC or even Notre Dame?

Only offers from lower tier conferences Mountain West and Conference USA?

What's going on? This kid should already have atleast 1 offer from the Big Ten and 1 offer from the Big 12 and 1 offer from the Pac -12.

Quote: Boaz
ChapinHusky,

I'm a long time UTEP season ticket holder and supporter of HS football in EP. I have seen Moss play several times with Chapin and was thrilled to see him go to UTEP in 2012, but I was shocked to see him on the sideline his first two seasons, and not playing WR. I have seen him on special teams and last week against Army, I was even more surprised to see him playing CB. When I saw him on the sideline the last two seasons, my first thought, was maybe it's a discipline problem or his work ethic, meaning he wasn't putting in the work off the field. But short of speculating, I'm sure there is a story behind why we haven't seen Moss playing WR the last three seasons.

Or maybe there just are better players. That happens from time to time.

He still has a few months remaining before National Signing Day in February, so he may get more offers before then.

Don't you think if it was something with his behavior we'd hear it by now? As a Chapin alumni I was eager to see him play and show out. Hope they don't do the same to bullit.

How do you figure he should get these offers from "Power 5" Conferences? Is he recognized by UIL as a 3-5 star athlete You guys are very confused. And it does not matter what conference he plays or what level.

Congrats! 1 offer or offers from any Division 1 program is sasquatchlicious

Today UTEP offered our very own Patrick Sullivan Parkland wide receiver. His first offer and he's just a junior. Hopefully more will follow for him and also Deion.

Deion Hankins
~ Texas Tech Raiders offer
~ Utep Miners offer

Patrick Sullivan
~ Utep Miners offer

Congratulations to both Parkland players! But is Sullivan a Jr. or Sr. because MaxPreps list him as a senior.

Congratulations to both Parkland players! But is Sullivan a Jr. or Sr. because MaxPreps list him as a senior.

He's a Senior. BeastofNE is possibly confused about it like others are because Patrick Sullivan hardly saw any playing time his junior year due to injury I believe.

Thanks for the update. And congratulations again to these great players from Parkland. I expect to see more offers in the future for the Class of 2017 and 2018 players.

Quote: BeastofNE
Today UTEP offered our very own Patrick Sullivan Parkland wide receiver. His first offer and he's just a junior. Hopefully more will follow for him and also Deion.

Deion Hankins
~ Texas Tech Raiders offer
~ Utep Miners offer

Patrick Sullivan
~ Utep Miners offer

Congrats to Sullivan and congrats again to Hankins.

And BeastofNE you may want to update Patrick Sullivan's offers because today he received another offer from the Incarnate Word Cardinals who is also a Division 1 program.

Happy for both of them and hopefully they get more offers which I know they will.

I began this thread over 3 1/2 months ago June 28th to be exact. I need to add 2 more names to the list.

Tyquez Hampton
El Dorado High School
COMMITTED: commits to SMU, decommits from SMU, commits to Washington State, decommits from Washington State, commits to UTAH.

Joshua Fields
Americas High School
COMMITTED: n/a

Kolton Lindemann
Americas High School

Cutter Leftwich
Franklin High School

Gunner Romney
OFFER: BYU, Hawaii, Nevada

Deion Hankins
Parkland High School
OFFERS: Texas Tech, UTEP

Patrick Sullivan
Parkland High School
OFFERS: UTEP, Incarnate Word

Didn't Josh Fields also receive an offer from Air Force.

TY Boaz for that. Here is that list again.

Tyquez Hampton
El Dorado High School
COMMITTED: commits to SMU, decommits from SMU, commits to Washington State, decommits from Washington State, commits to UTAH.

Joshua Fields
Americas High School
OFFERS: New Mexico, UTEP, Air Force

Kolton Lindemann
Americas High School

Cutter Leftwich
Franklin High School

Gunner Romney
OFFER: BYU, Hawaii, Nevada

Deion Hankins
Parkland High School
OFFERS: Texas Tech, UTEP

Patrick Sullivan
Parkland High School
OFFERS: UTEP, Incarnate Word

Noone on the Chapin team has any offers?

With 7 offers in the books. I'm curious to know, what is the most amount of offers ELP players have gotten during one season of football and whether or not the 7 current offers is a record for ELP?

With 7 offers in the books. I'm curious to know, what is the most amount of offers ELP players have gotten during one season of football and whether or not the 7 current offers is a record for ELP?

Division 1 offers to El Paso players in one season don't know but this will give you an idea.

http://nextlevel.epgridiron.com/

A few more offers are on the way in the coming weeks with what I'm hearing from the insiders who are connected and they are saying that people will be surprised.

Thanks Juco,

Are you talking more offers for the players already on the list or new players that don't have any offers yet? Minus Hankins and Romney everyone else on the list are seniors so it will be interesting to see who else receives an offer this season. In addition to the players already on the list, there are a few players who I think deserve to get an offer, that I won't name, but I hope to be surprised. But every season our players are gaining more and more recognition and the opportunity to play at the next level.

You know it is good to see Tyquez Hampton getting alot of attention from colleges and receiving all those offers. Makes me happy and proud for him but just today I saw this on his twitter page.

"""Product of Duval County"""

What is all that about??? Product of Duval County??? Is he insinuating that he is not a product of El Paso, Texas???

Is Tyquez not on El Dorado's football team roster whose school is located in the El Paso, Texas?

Is Tyquez not registered at El Dorado high school and registered with the Socorro District and is El Dorado and the Socorro District not in the El Paso, Texas?

Is Tyquez not playing against El Paso, Texas football teams???

Is Tyquez not being recruited by college recruiters who are watching his film while on the El Dorado team whose team is located in El Paso, Texas and is the film not him playing against teams from El Paso, Texas???

I see his profiles on recruiting websites and they have him listed with El Dorado and it shows the words El Paso, Texas.

So why does he have """Product of Duval County"""? Has all this recruiting and offers gotten to his head and is already forgetting where he was noticed and recruited and which high school he attends or attended and who his teammates are and were?

Not hating on Tyquez. Like I said I'm happy and proud for him but what is this nonsense about """Product of Duval County"""?

Really have the recruiting, calls, visits, offers, and all the hype gotten to this local El Paso, Texas player??? It sure looks like it has in my opinion.

And in my opinion he is a """Product of El Paso, Texas""". He was found by college recruiters in El Paso, Texas not Duval County and majority of his film is playing against El Paso, Texas competition not against teams in Duval County.

You know it is good to see Tyquez Hampton getting alot of attention from colleges and receiving all those offers. Makes me happy and proud for him but just today I saw this on his twitter page.

What is all that about??? Product of Duval County??? Is he insinuating that he is not a product of El Paso, Texas???

Is Tyquez not on El Dorado's football team roster whose school is located in the El Paso, Texas?

Is Tyquez not registered at El Dorado high school and registered with the Socorro District and is El Dorado and the Socorro District not in the El Paso, Texas?

Is Tyquez not being recruited by college recruiters who are watching his film while on the El Dorado team whose team is located in El Paso, Texas and is the film not him playing against teams from El Paso, Texas???

I see his profiles on recruiting websites and they have him listed with El Dorado and it shows the words El Paso, Texas.

So why does he have """Product of Duval County"""? Has all this recruiting and offers gotten to his head and is already forgetting where he was noticed and recruited and which high school he attends or attended and who his teammates are and were?

Not hating on Tyquez. Like I said I'm happy and proud for him but what is this nonsense about """Product of Duval County"""?

Really have the recruiting, calls, visits, offers, and all the hype gotten to this local El Paso, Texas player??? It sure looks like it has in my opinion.

And in my opinion he is a """Product of El Paso, Texas""". He was found by college recruiters in El Paso, Texas not Duval County and majority of his film is playing against El Paso, Texas competition not against teams in Duval County.

Somebody is salty. It doesn't matter, it's just a slang term that is stating that he was NOT born here. Jeez

Cedarious Barfield offered by Incarnate Word a Division 1 program

Congratulations to EL Dorado QB Cedarious Barfield on getting his first college offer, but it's just the beginning, more will follow.

You do realize that he's not originally from here, right? He can rep for his hometown if he so chooses. He completed his high school career here which went from Chapin to El Dorado, correct? Who knows where he was prior to that....Who cares. Congrats to him and hopefully he has a successful college career.

Parkland's Josh Wells received an offer from UTEP.

Well deserved!!

Quote: Danny
Parkland's Josh Wells received an offer from UTEP.

I'm sure he received an offer from UTEP but knowing UTEP they probably offered him only a Gshirt.

they did

For those that don't know what being a grayshirt recruit means here is the breakdown:

What the Different Colors Mean:

Grayshirt is another new term and is applied to the prospect that signs a letter of intent in February, but doesn't report in the fall with his teammates. He delays entry to college until midyear, i.e. January. That NCAA five-year clock doesn't start ticking until the player enrolls as a full time student, so gray-shirting is really a delayed version of red-shirting. For Example, Texas Tech, signed 34 players in February 2006, but NCAA rules prevent them from enrolling more than 25 to start the fall. Some of those nine other players gray-shirted during the 2006 fall season. They cannot enroll in college as full time students, can’t receive their scholarship, nor practice. It is like getting an extra year of practice, because most of these players don’t see the game field until two years later and they have the advantage of going through an extra spring practice.

Red shirt, the most well known "shirt" color has been around for a long time. Red means “stop” as in “stop from playing”. The NCAA allows a player five years to complete four seasons of eligibility. That fifth year, usually the freshman year, is when the player practices but doesn't play in any games. That is called the Red shirt year. Players still receive their scholarship, still practice, still do everything the other players do—they just don’t play in the games.

The purpose is to preserve a year’s eligibility when the player probably wouldn't see much playing time. Many freshmen completing two-a-days at the beginning of a season are in limbo as to their status. Obviously most want to play (probably were promised that in recruiting), but have to be able to answer the question on whether they would play more four years from now.

There is also the provision for a “medical red shirt” in that if a player is injured early in the season and won't get back on the field soon, he is red-shirted for medical reasons, thus preserving that year of eligibility.

Green shirt is a relatively new term and is applied to that high school senior that forgoes his spring semester in high school to enroll in college in January. Green means “go” as in “go early”. More and more you see high school seniors pass up their final semester to get to campus early.   If a player (or the college staff), thinks he may be able to play right away as a freshman, it provides him with the opportunity to go through spring practice, learn the system, and get acclimated to being on campus. Obviously that takes some prior planning on the part of the player and his parents to insure he can graduate from high school early.

The bottom line for a prospect is to know what the options are, because it clearly affects which schools will be interested in recruiting a player. Those schools that are "maxed out" on scholarships and are going to be forced to sign a small class are most interested in players who are willing to gray shirt. Those needing squad numbers will be more interested in players who can go green, because they can count you against their current scholarship limits.

A grayshirt is better then no shirt so congrats to him.

Americas running back Josh Fields has these Division 1 offers

The University of New Mexico Lobos
The Air Force Academy Falcons
The University of Louisiana at Monroe Warhawks
The University of Texas at El Paso

Franklin players that I know of with D1 and D2 offers

CUTTER LEFTWICH
University of Texas El Paso

CARLO SPALLONI
Valley City State University
Kansas Wesleyan University

LUIS BACA
Benedictine College

ISAAC GARCIA
Lyon College

KALEB HATCH
Dixie College

Parkland wide receiver Patrick Sullivan has offers from Incarnate Word and Utep

EP Gridiron is posting offers to local El Paso area athletes on their twitter page.

Rumor going around that Josh Fields is signing with UTEP.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m