​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Post Your Stadium updates here!

With Montwood getting stadium lights, YISD schools getting turf installed and Jeff being approved for construction of a new stadium, I'd like to see what other additions the el paso area schools are doing to their stadiums

Re: Post Your Stadium updates here!

Del Valle's 2016 senior class recently added this to their stadium's press box. Looks awesome at night!

monsoon
With Montwood getting stadium lights, YISD schools getting turf installed and Jeff being approved for construction of a new stadium, I'd like to see what other additions the el paso area schools are doing to their stadiums

Not to mention the SAC is getting a new scoreboard and jumbo tron.

Trooper Stadium turf coming along great!!!

Looks great...these are exciting times for football in EP!

Almost complete!!!

looking good troop! I need to stop by del valle one of these days and see the progress over there. I'll try to snap a few pics.

blue22ro
looking good troop! I need to stop by del valle one of these days and see the progress over there. I'll try to snap a few pics.

Blue22ro I hope you or someone does so I can check it out. Im a Del Valle grad but now live in Seattle. Would be nice to see a pic or two of the stadium.

DV42
Blue22ro I hope you or someone does so I can check it out. Im a Del Valle grad but now live in Seattle. Would be nice to see a pic or two of the stadium.

I drove by the stadium today on the dirt road behind the family dollar store and it's still being worked on. the turf hasn't been laid out yet. from what I saw, it is still in the base stages with the drainage system being put in place.

Stopped by today and the senior football players were repainting the stadium. Hopefully everything will be done by midnight madness

Riverside high school is the best!!!

RangerPride
Riverside high school is the best!!!

OH YEAH!!!!!!. I played in the very first game at Ranger Stadium in '79. I can still feel the excitement.

Quarles Brooks stadium just got a Whole foods Market. Awesome!

Glad all the stadiums are getting a personal touch. Love the stab by the eastwood delegation at the rest of the city with the EL Paso's finest deal lol.

elmo77
Quarles Brooks stadium just got a Whole foods Market. Awesome!

I saw that, right across the street. Lol

RiverRat
Riverfront stadium turf will be white and the lines burnt orange with the endzones navy blue.

Had me fooled for a minute when I saw that post. lol! I didn't think YISD was going to approve colored turf.

Jumbotron going up at the SAC! Looks cool, can't wait to see it in person.

https://twitter.com/RummieG/status/757599304164909056?s=09

Spartandad

It's way too small for the size of the SAC but something is better than nothing and this stadium project enhancement was about time!!! But I still say it should have been placed higher somehow.

That screen is not small. Look at the size of that man lift basket.That lift basket is at least 4ft long and 3ft high. So picture its size now.

Koolarrow
That screen is not small. Look at the size of that man lift basket.That lift basket is at least 4ft long and 3ft high. So picture its size now.

That's kind of what I was thinking...looks like a pretty good size. Need to stop by and check it out!

Koolarrow

I didn't think of using the lift basket to determine size of screen but still what if it's a Minions lift basket with Minions doing the installing?

AztecEmpire
Spartandad

It's way too small for the size of the SAC but something is better than nothing and this stadium project enhancement was about time!!! But I still say it should have been placed higher somehow.

AztecEmpire that's a huge screen. That SAC screen looks like the size of the screen at the Sun Bowl. I can't wait to see it functioning during a game at night.

Juco
AztecEmpire
Spartandad

AztecEmpire that's a huge screen. That SAC screen looks like the size of the screen at the Sun Bowl. I can't wait to see it functioning during a game at night.

It's a big jumbo screen. Use this picture of the old scoreboard at the SAC to get an idea of its actual size.

Thank you EP Gridiron for your continued support.

I'd say DV's field is about 90% complete

chaparral lobo stadium just got changed. lets see what happens with new bleachers

That SAC jumbotron is awesome but it looks ugly tacky on that old brick wall. It's like putting a expensive Picasso work of art in a hobo's or homeless dude's home cardboard box wall.

Edgar
That SAC jumbotron is awesome but it looks ugly tacky on that old brick wall. It's like putting a expensive Picasso work of art in a hobo's or homeless dude's home cardboard box wall.
People can never just be content and satisfied. Something good comes along and people have to find negativity in it. SMH!!!

Exactly Cats32. Majority of El Pasoans are ungrateful, unappreciative and unsupportive. These people always find negativity in positivity and they have this bevahavior locked down pat.

I think it looks great!

GURU
Exactly Cats32. Majority of El Pasoans are ungrateful, unappreciative and unsupportive. These people always find negativity in positivity and they have this bevahavior locked down pat.

I think it looks great!

Looks Great! Are those 2 smaller screens on each side?

Parkland High School

Koolarrow

Funny that I could see this video on my laptop but not on my cell phone or tablet.

BeastofNE
Parkland High School

Wow I wonder what the hold up is with DV's field? I saw on the boosters fb page that the field isn't ready and midnight madness is tbd.

Maybe Del Valle is gettng special treatment like more money going into the field and the stadium than other YISD schools. So they are probably just taking more time with the planning. Just my guess.

I heard that there was a mechanical failure on one of the tractor or something and it caught fire and they had to wait for a new one which took a while. it delayed things for them.

I heard that there was a mechanical failure on one of the tractor or something and it caught fire and they had to wait for a new one which took a while. it delayed things for them.

Yes a tractor caught fire so they had to wait for Eastwood to finish .
Then several pipes bursted causing another delay. Just this past week while working on the new lights and fence for the baseball and softball field another pipe broke furthering another delay. According to the practice calendar the field should be ready earliest Wednesday afternoon noon practice or latest Friday night at midnight madness. Fingers crossed

All YISD schools turfs all looking well, I like the multi turf color, to me what makes the turf fields nice to see like is that all out of bounds areas from the 25 to the endzones are in the school colors, it brings more out of the turf. Also Riverside (idk about Hanks or DV, BA or Ysleta) but Eastwood, Parkland having sayings like "Home of El Paso's Finest" (EHS) and "Glorious to be a Matador" (PHS), those sayings are really something that adds to the pride of the schools. So good job on that, and that Jumbotron at the S.A.C. is amazing, Now the S.A.C. can compete with some of the other big name school district stadiums around the state!

Ranger-Fan
All YISD schools turfs all looking well, I like the multi turf color, to me what makes the turf fields nice to see like is that all out of bounds areas from the 25 to the endzones are in the school colors, it brings more out of the turf. Also Riverside (idk about Hanks or DV, BA or Ysleta) but Eastwood, Parkland having sayings like "Home of El Paso's Finest" (EHS) and "Glorious to be a Matador" (PHS), those sayings are really something that adds to the pride of the schools. So good job on that, and that Jumbotron at the S.A.C. is amazing, Now the S.A.C. can compete with some of the other big name school district stadiums around the state!

I believe all Yisd stadiums will get the school's motto on the field. DV's will sat "One Family, One Destiny"

Sadly, DV's stadium still isn't ready and their midnight madness will be at blackie cheser park this friday. I hope it's ready by the time the season starts.

Ranger-Fan

I believe all Yisd stadiums will get the school's motto on the field. DV's will say "One Family, One Destiny"

Sadly, DV's stadium still isn't ready and their midnight madness will be at blackie cheser park this friday. I hope it's ready by the time the season starts.

Here we go again!

Does anyone know what the deal is with Ysleta's football field?

I heard it is still not close to being ready.

Do they know the season is about to kick off ??

Who cares they should be happy it's happeneing. B

Well that's very mature...
Just figured someone had some info on this.

It's construction stuff happens. They should be happy about the upgrade. There are 12 days until the first game. Folks need to learn how to be happy.

Finally ready!

Hello. I'm curious about Franklin Stadium. Google Maps shows it as having stands on only one side, but I have also seen pictures that show stands on both sides. When were the second set of stands added?

The topic is updates! There are no new attractions at Franklin.... so go look through older threads. Smh

Dances
Hello. I'm curious about Franklin Stadium. Google Maps shows it as having stands on only one side, but I have also seen pictures that show stands on both sides. When were the second set of stands added?

Google street view image (taken Aug 2015) shows stands on both sides. The aerial image w/ stands on one side is from May 2014.

I think initial construction was completed on one side in time for the 2014 season. After the season, the other side bleachers was completed for 2015.

Still years late, by the way Franklin doesn't need to upgrade the stadium, an up graded field house would be ideal, **** locker room looks like a 6th grade PE changing room😂... wait the turf is faced the wrong way too! Cmon cougars.

1 2
w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m