​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Americas vs Del Valle

Americas vs Del Valle to kick off the 2016 TXHSFB season at the SAC. Who do you have winning this battle?

Re: Americas vs Del Valle

Not the fans. 4pm I'm August is going to be bright and hot.

TXHSFB#1Fan
Americas vs Del Valle to kick off the 2016 TXHSFB season at the SAC. Who do you have winning this battle?

Americas has way too many skilled players and for petes sakes we have 2 division 1 players Kolton and Josh.

Prediction
Americas 55 Del Valle 7

AHSPops
TXHSFB#1Fan

Americas has way too many skilled players and for petes sakes we have 2 division 1 players Kolton and Josh.

Prediction
Americas 55 Del Valle 7

This is ridiculous. I predict an ahs win but this is flat out a dumb prediction.

Supporter
AHSPops
TXHSFB#1Fan

Prediction
Americas 55 Del Valle 7

This is ridiculous. I predict an ahs win but this is flat out a dumb prediction.

Sorry my prediction was not to your liking.

Is this better Americas 55 Del Valle 10

I Think it will be a close one. Del Valle is the Dark Horse with a lot of good players that will shine this year. Fields and Morales have been going at it since the youth teams with Morales having the upper hand so far...... Yes I know they have both grown up since. Americas by 7.

Coach Melton is a way better coach than coach perales.

Americas 55 Del Valle 10

AHSPops

Americas 55 Del Valle 10

First and fore most both coaches are 2 of the best in the city. Secondly these kinds of predictions show that you don't know much about the sport. Yes AHS will win but Del Valle will be ready to play. a 45 point victory prediction is dumb.

Del Valle with the upset

Del Valle 27
Americas 24

AHSPops

Americas 55 Del Valle 10

I second this statement, Coach Melton has won with nothing but talent, he always looses when he gets out coached, Perales has done more with way less talent. If Del Valle wins, I will not be surprised at all.

AHSPops
TXHSFB#1Fan

Prediction
Americas 55 Del Valle 7

If Del Valle was playing a out of town 6A team who has 2 Division 1 players everyone would be saying Del Valle is in for a whooping because they have 2 division 1 players but because it's a high school in El Paso, TX idiots ignore it and El Paso mentality takes over. The fact of the matter is Division 1 is Division 1 and Americas has 2 of them on the team and a couple more Americas players that are getting looked at by Division 1 recruiters. Americas is going to whoop Del Valle at least by 4 touchdowns.

El Dorado is 4-0 against Del Valle

El Dorado 14 Del Valle 3

El Dorado 34 Del Valle 0

El Dorado 14 Del Valle 10

El Dorado 35 Del Valle 34

Good Luck Americas. Represent 6A!!!
We'll be seeing you late October!!!!!

TXHSFB#1Fan

It's the first game of the season and mistakes will be made. My prediction Americas 24 - Del Valle 17.
It will come down to who makes the least amount of mistakes and at 4 pm in August, who the best conditioned team is.

AHSTrailblazers#1
AHSPops
TXHSFB#1Fan

Prediction
Americas 55 Del Valle 7

If Del Valle was playing a out of town 6A team who has 2 Division 1 players everyone would be saying Del Valle is in for a whooping because they have 2 division 1 players but because it's a high school in El Paso, TX idiots ignore it and El Paso mentality takes over. The fact of the matter is Division 1 is Division 1 and Americas has 2 of them on the team and a couple more Americas players that are getting looked at by Division 1 recruiters. Americas is going to whoop Del Valle at least by 4 touchdowns.

Maybe that's because Del Valle has more play off experience and all the teams they face in the play offs have more than 2 Division 1 players on the team. Division 1 talent alone doesn't win games.

BBB
AHSTrailblazers#1
AHSPops
TXHSFB#1Fan

Prediction
Americas 55 Del Valle 7

Maybe that's because Del Valle has more play off experience and all the teams they face in the play offs have more than 2 Division 1 players on the team. Division 1 talent alone doesn't win games.

That is so very true

BBB
AHSTrailblazers#1
AHSPops
TXHSFB#1Fan

Prediction
Americas 55 Del Valle 7

You failed to mention that in the playoffs Del Valle loses to those teams with division 1 players. If you're going to type up facts close it with facts.

Americas wins easily.........42-14..........6A gonna represent!!!!!

Purple Wave
Americas wins easily.........42-14..........6A gonna represent!!!!!

My prediction is almost similar to your's.

Americas 45-14

AHSTrailblazers#1
BBB
AHSTrailblazers#1
AHSPops
TXHSFB#1Fan

Prediction
Americas 55 Del Valle 7

You failed to mention that in the playoffs Del Valle loses to those teams with division 1 players. If you're going to type up facts close it with facts.

Yes that is true they have lost but not by 40+ like the ridiculous prediction above

Yeah that was my whole deal. It won't be a blowout like that. Ahs win but more like by 3 tds.

A loss by 40 and a loss by 1 is still a loss. No moral wins in Texas hs football. Texas hs football is not youth football where losing teams get treated the same as the winning team with everyone awarded a trophy.

AHSTrailblazers#1
A loss by 40 and a loss by 1 is still a loss. No moral wins in Texas hs football. Texas hs football is not youth football where losing teams get treated the same as the winning team with everyone awarded a trophy.

Wow that's very insightful. Thanks for enlighting us. True wisdom for all to learn.

Last time I checked there was 11 guys on the field not 2 and some. Also 180lbs is still 180lbs wether or not it's 5A , 6A , 2A 7man etc. / D1 , D2 etc./ West Texas , Mid Texas , East Texas. It's just a label and doesn't mean anything. What matters is who's going to show up that day ready to play. So get that stupid el Paso mindset that just because they're committed or being looked at means that they're better thanks everyone else all I see is a kid being able to play 4 more years and getting their college paid for them doesn't mean they're better than everyone else.

Blue
Last time I checked there was 11 guys on the field not 2 and some. Also 180lbs is still 180lbs wether or not it's 5A , 6A , 2A 7man etc. / D1 , D2 etc./ West Texas , Mid Texas , East Texas. It's just a label and doesn't mean anything. What matters is who's going to show up that day ready to play. So get that stupid el Paso mindset that just because they're committed or being looked at means that they're better thanks everyone else all I see is a kid being able to play 4 more years and getting their college paid for them doesn't mean they're better than everyone else.

Blue I agree but the point I was making is that if Del Valle was playing a out of town team who had 2 or 3 division 1 athletes on the team most El Pasoans would be counting out Del Valle but because Americas is a team in El Paso most El Pasoans see Americas just as any other team. Why is this? Is this the El Paso mentality a lot of people talk about? Why do El Pasoans put everything outside of El Paso on a high pedestal? For example if Del Valle was playing a team from San Antonio in the first week and this team from San Antonio had 2 or 3 athletes with Division 1 offers the El Paso Times would be mentioning those Division 1 athletes by saying the team from San Antonio has Division 1 athletes. The El Paso Times would be writing highly of that San Antonio team with its Division 1 athletes.

Same thing with Tyquez Hampton. Eastlake players and coaches will see Tyquez Hampton just as any other player but if Eastlake was playing a team out of Dallas Eastlake players and coaches and the El Paso Times will see that Division 1 recruit differently. My point is that Tyquez Hampton or any other El Paso athlete with a Division 1 offer is not just any other player because college recruiters are coming to El Paso to see them. In my opinion El Pasoans should not devalue El Paso athletes with Division 1 offers just because they are from El Paso. If El Pasoans are going to devalue El Paso athletes with Division 1 offers then El Pasoans shouldn't put any value on out of town teams who have Division 1 offers.

Del Valle has nothing to lose. If Americas wins Del Valle got beat by the Dave Campbells top 6 a pick in El Paso. But if they win! Lol!

elmo77
Del Valle has nothing to lose. If Americas wins Del Valle got beat by the Dave Campbells top 6 a pick in El Paso. But if they win! Lol!

Again that's my whole point. I know its a predistrict game and meaningless to some but in my opinion it's a big game and both teams should take it as such. Del Valle does have lots to lose and gain because more than likely there will be Division 1 recruiters at this game to see Kolton and Josh so it's Del Valles players opportunity to catch those recruiters attention. So does it matter if a team has athletes with Division 1 offers? In my opinion yes it does. Gives the other teams athletes an opportunity to possibly be noticed by recruiters and offered or have his name passed on to other college recruiters.

Always remember lower division schools from juco to d-2 pay for educations too. D-I is the gold standard but only the true elite player makes a D-I team.

A player does not have to play for Alabama to be special.

elmo77
Always remember lower division schools from juco to d-2 pay for educations too. D-I is the gold standard but only the true elite player makes a D-I team.

A player does not have to play for Alabama to be special.

I understand that but athletes should shoot for the stars which is Division 1 and if it does not pan out well they will fall on the moon which is Division 2.

Keep in mind that those Division 1 recruiters that travel and show up to high school games to see athletes with Division 1 offers might like another athlete or athletes but not for their Division 1 program but has friends at Division 2 and will call or email and tell them about that athlete or athletes. This is why it's important or beneficial for a team to have Division 1 athletes because it might get other athletes on that football field noticed.

I agree just hope a kid doesn't give up on playing beyond high school. Lots of kids here can play on saturdays. You are right the more exposure for players the better.

Del Valle will out coach Americas

Did I miss something. Is this a rivalry or something. THe way the back and forth is going it seems that way lol. I stick to my prediction. 2 of the best teams will play each other coached by 2 of the best head coaches. I think when its all said and done americas will win by a few touch downs. But dang I might have to go to this game now.

Supporter
Did I miss something. Is this a rivalry or something. THe way the back and forth is going it seems that way lol. I stick to my prediction. 2 of the best teams will play each other coached by 2 of the best head coaches. I think when its all said and done americas will win by a few touch downs. But dang I might have to go to this game now.

This game is not a rivalry but there is passion and some of us are exercising our right to freedom of passion.

It's not my fault rivalries like Coronado vs Franklin and others out there have fanatics or rather I say fakeatics who refuse to exercise their freedom of passion. It's Texas hs football for crying out loud.

...I just gave Americas props....nothing but respect....and you come back with a "fakeatic"....comment.....cmon man....

But here is what is baffling me. Been posting here for a while and Del Valle and Americas seem to have calm tempered fans they don't come on here talking like Franklin, Coronado, Eastwood, Eastlake. It just is out of character for these two programs to see this.

Consider gentlemen that it is the first game of the season and these two teams Americas and Del Valle have good head coaches and teams have been playoffs teams and they both should be playoff teams this year.

don't mistake having the fact franklin and coronado have longstanding success and not getting all excited, for being fake fans. Americas earned its respect just as Del Valle has. All eastside teams are doing great! Nobody is disrespecting the trailblazers.

Got Americas winning 38-20.

wow, whatsup with these americas folks?

you all had a few decent seasons in the past and you automatically think you're one of the best in town because of your prospects? don't forget your program has really never been a factor whether you all were 5-A or 6-A. Montwood has always owned you all but that's neither here or there.

It should be a good game. Hopefully Coach P and his program can silence the 6-A EP critics. El Dorado is not on Del Valle's radar yet they continue to boast about their victories over DV. I guess it's the El Paso 6-A mentality, bash on the 4-A and 5-A districts and act like Goliath but fall to the same fate as your "underlings" against other Texas teams.

On a side note, I see a great pre-district rivalry in the near future with Del Valle and Montwood now that Coach Fama is the HC. Can't wait to see that happen.

All of you are making me want to go to this game lol

You know it was a couple of years ago when Del Valle Lost their crown playing Eastlake at 4:00 P.M in a hard and tough fought game !!! So it's time to make a 5a statement and take that crown back and have del Valle beat America's !!!! ...Del Valle and eastlake should be respected !!! Both teams have proven their iron !!!' it won't be a walk in the park for both America's and Eldo this year !!! So it's time for 6a to keep it real !!!!

Easy

Americas 28 Del Valle 0

I have this game knotted up at the end of the 4th qtr. OT

DV gonna win by 6.

Straight out of the Lower Valley

Week 1 upset special

Del Valle 31 Americas 28

Americas all day long!! Americas 35 Del Valle 7

All day long? You must be a comedian. Del Valle wins.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m