​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Pre-Season Scrimmages

Post your schools date, time, location, and opponent!

Re: Pre-Season Scrimmages

Pre Season Scrimmage---August 19 at Coronado Stadium @6:00pm
Coronado VS Mayfield

August 19th Franklin vs Canutillo

Aug.19 @ 7:00
Chapin vs. Riverside vs. Americas @ the SAC

So there will be only 3 scrimmage? Or are there others but they are top secret?

Eastlake is scrimmaging pebble hills on August 19. Just don't know time and place yet !!!

Del valle vs Eastwood Aug. 19th @ Eastwood

Chris
August 19th Franklin vs Canutillo

Do you know location and time?

BigBlue

What time? 5:30?

Montwood vs. Odessa High in Alpine, TX. Friday Aug. 19th @ 7 p.m

Steve
BigBlue

What time? 5:30?

5:30 9th & JV
7pm Varsity

Cats32

Is Montwood the only El Paso area team that scheduled an out of town team for a scrimmage?

Qbert
Cats32

Is Montwood the only El Paso area team that scheduled an out of town team for a scrimmage?
I don't know about El Do and Americas, but I'm glad Montwood did!

No coronado is playing mayfield

observer
No coronado is playing mayfield

Mayfield is not a Texas hs team so they dont count as an out of town team. Just kidding dont be so easily offended Coronado followers.

El Dorado is probably scrimmaging Santa Teresa a out of town team. Just kidding dont be so easily offended El Dorado followers.

ElDo playing Midland High in Van Horn

Is Burges scrimmaging anyone?

Bel Air High vs. Burges High

Friday Aug.19 @7pm

Pebble Hills vs Eastlake Aug 19 @ SAC

4:30 Freshman
5:30 JV
6:30 Varsity

Hey Sparty,

SISD/PHHS did a good thing in scheduling Eastlake. Should give PH a good idea on where the Spartans are in their progression. How do the Spartan freshmen and JV look?

Eastlake has good numbers on all levels, good Line size on all levels but the skill position at the developmental and JV level are questionable at this point. Though, the freshmen have the Ensor Middle 8th grade from last year that I believe made their division championship game.

And of course, the consensus is that Eastlake has good skill folks at the varsity level. Receivers are untested (except for 7 on 7) but are TALL ( 6'3" and 6'4") and go after the ball. So this scrimmage should be interesting at many levels. I am looking forward to next week. Good luck to your Spartans.....and until next week, FEAR THE FALCON!

El Ferna

El Ferna
Hey Sparty,

SISD/PHHS did a good thing in scheduling Eastlake. Should give PH a good idea on where the Spartans are in their progression. How do the Spartan freshmen and JV look?

Eastlake has good numbers on all levels, good Line size on all levels but the skill position at the developmental and JV level are questionable at this point. Though, the freshmen have the Ensor Middle 8th grade from last year that I believe made their division championship game.

And of course, the consensus is that Eastlake has good skill folks at the varsity level. Receivers are untested (except for 7 on 7) but are TALL ( 6'3" and 6'4") and go after the ball. So this scrimmage should be interesting at many levels. I am looking forward to next week. Good luck to your Spartans.....and until next week, FEAR THE FALCON!

El Ferna

I agree. The one thing I give Torres credit for is not shying away from serious competition this year in our first year of Varsity ball. He did not go after cupcake matchups. Eastlake will give our boys a good dose of what 6A vasity ball will be like this year.

I haven't made it out to many practices yet but I think our freshman will be solid. Our JV might be a little short stacked with some of our sophomores getting moved up to Varsity.

Looking forward to the matchup! See ya out there. RISE!

Spartandad
El Ferna
Hey Sparty,

El Ferna

I agree. The one thing I give Torres credit for is not shying away from serious competition this year in our first year of Varsity ball. He did not go after cupcake matchups. Eastlake will give our boys a good dose of what 6A vasity ball will be like this year.

I haven't made it out to many practices yet but I think our freshman will be solid. Our JV might be a little short stacked with some of our sophomores getting moved up to Varsity.

Looking forward to the matchup! See ya out there. RISE!

Sorry Dude, Eastlake is a 5A team, wont give you a 6A taste.

I think your missing the point. Besides they will be in two years....

BigBlue

Go DV!!!

Game been movied to Chapin high school

Big blue
Game been movied to Chapin high school Americas Vs Chapin vs riverside

Big blue

Movied??? lol

Which game has been moved

Alex
Big blue

Movied??? lol

Which game has been moved

Chapin/Riverside/Americas was originally scheduled at the SAC, now it's at Chapin

On a side note: Props to Riverside for taking on this task....Chapin/Americas will be interesting to watch

Go Troop!

Should be a good match up betweet Del Valle and Eastwood

I don't have details but the word is El Dorado is looking good against Midland High.

Both teams scored twice.

Spartandad
Both teams scored twice.

It already started? WTF????

Ya I was surprised too it was at 10 a.m.

Coronado will find out where they are tonight. They may find out where they aren't . A big test for The once mighty T-birds.

Good luck to all the young men starting off their 2016 season this week! Hope you all have the time of your lives. Enjoy this time as it will never come back.

Here's hoping everyone stays healthy, performs at the highest level and treats each other with respect and honor.

Any updates on El dorado Midland?

Montwood just scored on first possession of the scrimmage. Fernandez long bomb

Touchdown again

Eastlake up at the half over Pebble Hills 2-1.

anyone know the dv and eastwood score?

blue22ro
anyone know the dv and eastwood score?

I'll answer my own question

Mayfield vs coronado score

Lame

Falcons 3-2 over the Spartans

Dv v Eastwood
(Qb live session)
1's 7-13 Dv
2's 10-0 Eastwood

(controlled session)
I think Dv shut out Eastwood but I'm not quite sure I showed up late

Blue
Dv v Eastwood
(Qb live session)
1's 7-13 Dv
2's 10-0 Eastwood

(controlled session)

The controlled session dv scored 5 times and Eastwood scored 2 times I believe.

Anyone go to Franklin vs Canutillo?? Who was the better team? Who won?

Dv v Eastwood
(Qb live session)
1's 7-13 Dv
2's 10-0 Eastwood

(controlled session)

Westsider
Anyone go to Franklin vs Canutillo?? Who was the better team? Who won?

I was there. It's tough to really say who was the better team because Franklin took out their starters after the first quarter when the game was 7-7. Franklin's backups played the rest of the game and the game ended 21-21.

It was just a scrimmage which is meaningless but here's the amount of offensive tds from each team

Odessa High 6 touchdowns
Montwood 7 touchdowns

1 2
w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m