​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Game 1: Montwood Vs. Frenship

No predictions...just thoughts and keys to victory?

Re: Game 1: Montwood Vs. Frenship

I believe Montwood will shock everyone in El Paso. Everyone seems to think of them as young and weak and I truly hope everyone sleeps on them and if they do, they'll be in for a rude awakening!! And I will predict a victory of 28-21 Montwood!!! Go Rams!!!

I don't think anyone is sleeping on montwood. Don't have any idea where you get that idea. I don't think they will beat frenship though. It's too soon for the wood to step up and beat this established program. And i mean too soon in the season. Playoff time maybe but now frenship will be a solid veteran group.

Supporter, I respectfully disagree. If Eastwood, a team that Montwood beat last season, can score 30+ points against Frenship, also last season. I know Montwood can do just as well or even better. What Eastwood didn't have last season that Montwood has this season is a good defense. Which is why Montwood was able to beat teams like Eastwood and Americas last season. That, coupled with a solid offense will make the difference against Frenship. So we shall see. Go Rams!!!

Starters returning:

Frenship: O/D 7/5

Montwood: O/D 5/6

Ram
No predictions...just thoughts and keys to victory?

Key To Victory.... Tyreese is the difference Maker.

frenship isn't the friend of el paso. they will take this by 7.

Ram
Supporter, I respectfully disagree. If Eastwood, a team that Montwood beat last season, can score 30+ points against Frenship, also last season. I know Montwood can do just as well or even better. What Eastwood didn't have last season that Montwood has this season is a good defense. Which is why Montwood was able to beat teams like Eastwood and Americas last season. That, coupled with a solid offense will make the difference against Frenship. So we shall see. Go Rams!!!

Starters returning:

Frenship: O/D 7/5

Montwood: O/D 5/6

So then your saying that all of El Paso 6-A has weak D's then because The wood got beat by Eldo which got beat by Eastwood whom got beat by Americas and didn't they get beat by.....oh yes The wood. Hmmm top dogs beating each other up then saying with the Nani Nani boo boo face " your defense is horrible" umm better check yourself. Look instead of coming up with past comments on last year why don't you wait and see this year oh way you predict a win over Friendship well drive that Delorian Doc Brown 10 thousand jigawatts and beyond !!!

Win or Lose...I'm here to support any team from EP against all outsiders. GO RAMS!!!

all for el paso schools just keep it real. rams always plays hard

Sad but true. Mark my words. Frenship 42-14

I don't care about the score I am rooting for all EP schools against outsiders! I am a Franklin fan! Lets go M Wood

observer
I don't care about the score I am rooting for all EP schools against outsiders! I am a Franklin fan! Lets go M Wood

I agree, lets go Montwood and all the other EP schools who are playing out of town teams

Halftime

Montwood 7 Frenship 17

Penalties and turnovers hurt MW in the first half.

Frenship 17 Montwood 7 at the half. Defense looks solid with a questionable secondary. Offense moving the ball well but to many mental mistakes being made (ball security). Hopefully we make the right adjustments next half!!!

Montwood 14 Frenship 17. 3rd qtr

17-14 Frenship. 3rd. 4:16. Long bomb to #88

frenship plays hard. rams must have played well to keep it to a 10 pt difference.

elmo77
frenship plays hard. rams must have played well to keep it to a 10 pt difference.
It was a hell of a game till the very end. #23 RB for Frenship is a beast, hope El Do gets ready for him!!!

Final Score Frenship 24 Montwood 14

Listened on radio. Rams defense was on field all night. 75 offensive plays for Frenship. 45 offensive plays for Rams. Frenship pounded all night. Montwood probably lucky to have only lost by 10. 4 offensive TO'S by Ram offense didnt help. Rams will learn and improve from this game.

It was a combination of penalties, turnovers (2 interceptions, 2 fumbles) and missed opportunities that cost MW the game. That, coupled with the defense' inability to stop Frenship's (SOPH) RB Garrison Johnson who rushed for over 200 yards all contributed to the loss. Moving forward, MW has the rest of this week to reflect on what they did good/bad and get ready for Midland!!!

Hard fought game the weakness of the Rams is the receivers jogging routes and confused , and no blocking , if they can correct that they should be ram solid and contend the receivers are their Achilles Heel , there is too much talent there to have that

Sorry, I didn't see the confusion between the WRs. The QB completed 19 of 30 passes (a 63% completion rate)to five different WRs. Which is pretty good considering most of his passes were thrown while under pressure. I agree the offensive line did not provide him with much protection. But everyone knew going into the season that MW would have a inexperienced offensive line. Hopefully, they will get better as the season progresses.

The LBs, both #33 and #35 were awesome on defense. On the other hand, the overall defensive coaching in the game was a whole other story. I felt they were doing too much blitzing, resulting in several missed tackles on #23, and the FS #7 was no where to be found!

Ram
Sorry, I didn't see the confusion between the WRs. The QB completed 19 of 30 passes (a 63% completion rate)to five different WRs. Which is pretty good considering most of his passes were thrown while under pressure. I agree the offensive line did not provide him with much protection. But everyone knew going into the season that MW would have a inexperienced offensive line. Hopefully, they will get better as the season progresses.

The LBs, both #33 and #35 were awesome on defense. On the other hand, the overall defensive coaching in the game was a whole other story. I felt they were doing too much blitzing, resulting in several missed tackles on #23, and the FS #7 was no where to be found!

Huh, linebackers were awesome? Check out the film, 33 was getting killed out there. We need more size. Teams will run right over him. We're in 6a. Just saying...

The ram receiving core should be the strength instead the are a weakness , they just don't seem coached. They made some catches and they should of made more to win the game in my point of view they under performed.

Montwood coaches up in the press box need to be held accountable as well. They have eyes on everything down on the field and they are not getting the job done.

Sounds like a bunch of excuses from armchair parents. The game is over...MW lost so let it rest. I'm sure the players and coaches are moving forward and getting ready for Midland. Keeping in mind there is still a lot of football to be played.

Ram dad
Ram

Huh, linebackers were awesome? Check out the film, 33 was getting killed out there. We need more size. Teams will run right over him. We're in 6a. Just saying...

Some Linebackers should not be there. Plus the 3DL will not work, teams will be abel to run on the Rams all night and control the clock if even if they don't score. Fatigue will take over any given night.

Ram dad
Ram

Don't knock on size when it comes to defensive. Did you already forget or did not know about the 2014 Canutillo defense that made El Paso playoff history? Canutillo had small tough defenders who were very effective.

Now where I do question size are the defensive backs. They should be atleast 5'11" or taller because come playoffs the reason many teams make it deep into the playoffs is because of tall receivers averaging atleast 6'1" and taller.

Ram dad
Ram

Your kid must be his back up. This kid has heart something you cant teach Knucklehead......Easy with the 6A crap. These are still HS kids. 11 on offense and 11 on defense. Nothing More, nothing less.

Edgar
Ram dad
Ram

Don't knock on size when it comes to defensive. Did you already forget or did not know about the 2014 Canutillo defense that made El Paso playoff history? Canutillo had small tough defenders who were very effective.

Now where I do question size are the defensive backs. They should be atleast 5'11" or taller because come playoffs the reason many teams make it deep into the playoffs is because of tall receivers averaging atleast 6'1" and taller.

Secondary bigger than linebackers, interesting thought.

find it ironic that you say not to knock size when it comes to defense then go into a statement about size on the defense.

Miner maniac
Edgar
Ram dad
Ram

Secondary bigger than linebackers, interesting thought.

find it ironic that you say not to knock size when it comes to defense then go into a statement about size on the defense.

I'll let you figure it out. It's not difficult to do so.

fballer
Ram dad
Ram

Your kid must be his back up. This kid has heart something you cant teach Knucklehead......Easy with the 6A crap. These are still HS kids. 11 on offense and 11 on defense. Nothing More, nothing less.

My son is an offensive lineman. Sorry to ruffle your feathers. Team needs size though. Judging by comments most people agree.

Ram dad
fballer
Ram dad
Ram

My son is an offensive lineman. Sorry to ruffle your feathers. Team needs size though. Judging by comments most people agree.
Com' on now guys. Defense played awesome, Offense played awesome, Defense needs size and Offense needs size and both sides need to work their problems out. Best 11 are on the field and coaches play what they got. Let's put Frenship in the past and move on to Midland!!!

Cats32
Ram dad
fballer
Ram dad
Ram

Com' on now guys. Defense played awesome, Offense played awesome, Defense needs size and Offense needs size and both sides need to work their problems out. Best 11 are on the field and coaches play what they got. Let's put Frenship in the past and move on to Midland!!!

Hey Cats32, Montwood is NOT putting their best 11 out there. Ask around!!

This is true, montwood d is not at their fullest potential.. I believe they can achieve more if they maybe put different or switch players around

RamsFB
This is true, montwood d is not at their fullest potential.. I believe they can achieve more if they maybe put different or switch players around

I agree with RamsFB, buts its the same old story around sports. Coaches sons get the starting positions. Montwood going through it.

Kinnos
RamsFB

I agree with RamsFB, buts its the same old story around sports. Coaches sons get the starting positions. Montwood going through it.

Not just son but other players who he has pushed in. Sadly you have better kids sitting on bench, its only hurting the team. It's the big elephant in the room with them.

Ram dad
Kinnos
RamsFB

Not just son but other players who he has pushed in. Sadly you have better kids sitting on bench, its only hurting the team. It's the big elephant in the room with them.

Better kids sitting on the bench is what thousands of parents across this country always are repeating over and over again.

Never changes.

Mijo is better than that player syndrome.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m