Forum: EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
2-5A Predictions

It's a tough division. they should put four very good teams into the playoffs. who ever makes to the playoffs will have to earn it. wont be any cake walks.

My prediction

1- Eastlake
2- Del Valle
3- Canuts
4- Parkland
5- Bel Air
6- Ysleta
7- Hanks
8- Riverside
9- Horizon

I think Parkland gets the fourth slot in a battle with BA.

but really that fourth spot can go to Parkland, BA, Ysleta or even Hanks if they can surprise a couple teams. Might all come down to who's healthy at the end.

Re: 2-5A Predictions

I'd put Bel Air at #3

District won't be tough. There will be 2 good teams and the rest will get blown ok by them. They will battle it out for the last 2 spots. Competitive yes because they all suck. Tough no.

1 DV/Eastlake
2 Eastlake/DV

Gonna give DV the edge for #1 but that's going to be a heck of a game to watch! "We Hope"

After a big gap, then you've got

Bel Air, Canutillo, Parkland, and Ysleta battling out for 3rd & 4th spots. "Competitive"

7 Riverside/Hanks
8 Hanks/Riverside

Hanks vs Riverside for 7 or 8 will be a match up of speed vs size

9 Horizon

Hope Scorpions prove everyone wrong

After watching America's and Del Valle, you can see how much smaller DV has begun. They are nothing special and they can easily be dropped by Canutillo or even a BA that has nothing to lose

No love for Canutillo, they can compete for the 2-5A district title!

Quote: FB Fanatic
After watching America's and Del Valle, you can see how much smaller DV has begun. They are nothing special and they can easily be dropped by Canutillo or even a BA that has nothing to lose

Stay off the drugs son !!! Canutillo and bel air are no America's !!! Keep it reall!!! Del Valle will compete for the district title against Eastlake !!! Everybody else is basically in a different time zone !!!! Just saying !!!

Beat Canutillo first then talk silly king or do you want me to remind you of that 49 to 0 ,far as i know Eastlake never beaten Canuts.

Quote: Kingsrealm
Quote: FB Fanatic

Stay off the drugs son !!! Canutillo and bel air are no America's !!! Keep it reall!!! Del Valle will compete for the district title against Eastlake !!! Everybody else is basically in a different time zone !!!! Just saying !!!

So just wondering if Canutillo beats Coronado will they then get some respect?

Quote: Flint
Beat Canutillo first then talk silly king or do you want me to remind you of that 49 to 0 ,far as i know Eastlake never beaten Canuts.

Bro it's sad that all you can do is reminisce about the past !!!! If your going to talk trash !!! Tell me how good your team was last year !!! And how you guys blew out Bowie !!! Oh wait you got beat by them!!!! Or Tell me how you did in the playoffs !!! Oh wait you didn't even make the playoffs !!!! So take a seat bro !!!! And let your team prove their back !!! instead of running your mouth based on what canutillo did in the past !!! It's the here and now bro !!! Time you start living in it!!! Good luck to canuts this season and will see you in November !!!!

Trash talk ,who's he one saying we are in a different time zone n yes just make sure your team shows up, but for some ODD reason everytime they play Canute NO ONE SHOWS UP ,oh wait your fans do show up.So there mr 3 deep .

Trash talk ,who's he one saying we are in a different time zone n yes just make sure your team shows up, but for some ODD reason everytime they play Canute NO ONE SHOWS UP ,oh wait your fans do show up.So there mr 3 deep .

. Yeah our fans are great !!!! They still like seeing that district trophy you had to share with a team you beat 49-0 ...wonder how that happened ? Lol!!!! So like I said let your team do the talking !!! And will see where you stand in November !!!

Just curious Kingsrealm what do you base your opinion on the big drop off For Canutillo this year? Is it solely on last years season? I like the other Canutillo do reminisce on that championship run but that's just a beautiful memory now kind of like last year's underperforming season. This year's Canutillo Varsity team is made up of boys who as freshmen and Jv had very successful seasons so I wouldn't overlook them or in any way count them out with the additions of standout juniors and great coaching we should be a lot better than last year hopefully the boys stay healthy and time will tell!
GoCanutillo!!

Like I said just make sure your team shows up,cause Canuts is not moved by your by team at all.

Talking is cheap. The man has scratched us out based on one thing, speed. Well, last time we saw them it was the same thing. Hopefully, Canutillo plays it's game and the rest will sort itself out.

King, don't talk about trophies brother. Cuz I think we got one that no other El Paso school has even sniffed. District Championships are nothing to brag about.

Quote: UVLonghorns
Just curious Kingsrealm what do you base your opinion on the big drop off For Canutillo this year? Is it solely on last years season? I like the other Canutillo do reminisce on that championship run but that's just a beautiful memory now kind of like last year's underperforming season. This year's Canutillo Varsity team is made up of boys who as freshmen and Jv had very successful seasons so I wouldn't overlook them or in any way count them out with the additions of standout juniors and great coaching we should be a lot better than last year hopefully the boys stay healthy and time will tell!
GoCanutillo!!

Hey UV longhorns !!!! It's Based on what I saw when Del Valle played America's and when Canuts played Socorro .... And of course I've seen what eastlake is brining to the table !!! Right now Canuts is not even close to the other two teams level !!! But a lot of football left so a lot of things can change !!!!!! I'm sure canutillo is much improved from last year !!! But like I said their still not at the level to be able to takeout Del Valle or Eastlake .... Can they get there? maybe !!! Like you mentioned Will have to wait and see how the season plays out !!!!

Please bring that HIGH LEVEL when you play Canuts ,but King please bring a team that wants to play ,not to mention the last 2 times we met it was REAL BORING.

Please bring that HIGH LEVEL when you play Canuts ,but King please bring a team that wants to play ,not to mention the last 2 times we met it was REAL BORING.

Blah blah blah !!!! I heard Bowie say the same thing when they beat you last year that it was boring !!! At least try being original !!!!

56 to 21 oh and 49 to 0.what is there to fear ,I forgot your at another level at 0-1.lol.

56 to 21 oh and 49 to 0.what is there to fear ,I forgot your at another level at 0-1.lol.

Now divide those scoring number by 3 .... Because that's the only points you were able to put on the Bowie bears !!!!!

QUE!!!LOL

You mean thats how deep your team has gone in the PLAYOFFs right.Hey Queen GOT FIVE.

You mean thats how deep your team has gone in the PLAYOFFs right.Hey Queen GOT FIVE.

Twice so 3 * 2 is 6 the only points the Bowie bears had to score to beat you last year !!!!!

Hey answer me GOT ✋.JUST ANSWER πŸ‘or πŸ‘Ž???? Answer. IN OUT.πŸ˜„

I WILL ANSWER FOR U NO.TILL THE DAY YOU GO 5 DEEP ,Then I'll fear the Falcon but as for now your just another team we have to play.

Canutillo will once again be lead by there defense.. Del Real, The Martinez brothers and others look to have the defense in check as they will compete for a district title!

I WILL ANSWER FOR U NO.TILL THE DAY YOU GO 5 DEEP ,Then I'll fear the Falcon but as for now your just another team we have to play.

5 is the number of wins you had last year !!!! Good for you !!! Now your getting closer to reality !!!!

44 plus 5 =49 eeee!!!!!

44 plus 5 =49 eeee!!!!!

Oh that's easy. Zero the odds you have of winning district this year !!!! . It's been a fun afternoon flint but I have better things to do !!!! Good luck to your Canuts team !!! I'm sure they will do well !!!

King got to admit it was fun.Hope your team does well.

Just one more thing DO YOU THINK THOSE KIDS KNOW THAT THEY HAVE NEVER BEATEN CANUTS ,cause im sure Camacho and #5 Thomas are still trying to RECOVER. GOOD NIGHT.

Just one more thing DO YOU THINK THOSE KIDS KNOW THAT THEY HAVE NEVER BEATEN CANUTS ,cause im sure Camacho and #5 Thomas are still trying to RECOVER. GOOD NIGHT.

Actually eastlake has beaten Canuts their Firs or second t year of high school the team went 10-0. but that's not here nor there !!! But I will give you this !!!! Canuts did set a high standard of 5 deep for the rest of El paso to follow !!! And that's something that shouldN't be forgotten!!!!

It has been forgotten. Unfortunately El paso does not acknowledge such an accomplishment because it was canutillo that did it and not Franklin or montwood. Can you imagine if it had been montwood or Franklin that accomplished such a feat. We would still be hearing about it today, tomorrow, and forever on the news the paper and from the fans. So sad that people can not acknowledge canutillos accomplishment. Jealousy if you ask me.

The Falcons know and remember the cheap shot #5 (Tommy) took at the end of the 2014 game. Revenge will be so sweet. But Canutillo has to first get by DV. Something they have not done very successfully. Until then the Falcons will be sharpening their claws and beaks...REVENGE will be oh so sweet

You don't need to sharpen anything ,just GET A TEAM THAT WANTS TO PLAY ,and that's something that you guys need to work on.I really don't know what happens to your players, they like don't want to play ,SO TELL THEM TO SHARPEN THAT.

Much football is left to be played. When the last game gets here Canuts will be hoping for the fourth spot and Eastlake will be on top as they have been the last three years. But for now the focus is on Chapin. One game at a time my friend, one game. And don't worry, Eastlake wants so badly to play Canuts....but they are taking it one week at a time. See you in November...and bring lots of friends....Canuts will need them

Quote: Revenge Factor
Much football is left to be played. When the last game gets here Canuts will be hoping for the fourth spot and Eastlake will be on top as they have been the last three years. But for now the focus is on Chapin. One game at a time my friend, one game. And don't worry, Eastlake wants so badly to play Canuts....but they are taking it one week at a time. See you in November...and bring lots of friends....Canuts will need them

Only problem is the game is in canutillo.

Youre the one whos going to have to take your friends....

No problem. Game in Canuts, SAC, Mars...it don't matter. Canuts will need all the help they need....shoot, send the Miners too and it wont matter. The outcome will be the Falcons will win.....but that's November. You worry about the Aggies this Saturday, Maniac you will lose that too. Do you need Eastlakes help this Saturday????? We'll send the freshmen or the JV if you really need help

RF I'll bring the fans but you have to promise me to bring your TEAM.eee que GACHO. πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†

SO FAR AS OF 9-23-2016

DIST.W/L PF PA W/L

Canutillo
3-0 1.000 104 28 5-0

Eastlake
2-0 1.000 110 49 2-2

Del Valle
2-1 0.667 91 73 2-3

Ysleta
2-1 0.667 146 84 4-1

Parkland
2-1 0.667 161 115 4-1

Bel Air
1-2 0.333 84 62 1-4

Riverside
0-2 0.000 0 85 2-2

Horizon
0-2 0.000 48 97 1-3

Hanks
0-3 0.000 40 191 0-5

Canutillo's Defense so far has been pretty Stingy and offense seems to be coming along also great job boys #GoCanutillo

Quote: UVLonghorns
Canutillo's Defense so far has been pretty Stingy and offense seems to be coming along also great job boys #GoCanutillo
Hey Coach, Hope this comes down to the final week. Great for El Paso HS Football and both teams going into the state playoffs, This looks like a rematch from 4 years ago in their youth teams remember. A little wager?

Hey King I woke up this morning with the giggles man I was remembering about what you said that you guys were in a different time zone ,you guys and DV ,well I know that DV for the moment they're on Pacific Time ,so just out of curiosity man for the fun and the giggles tell me again what time zone is Eastlake ON.

lol Falcon I stood behind my boys then and I do know!! I'll take your bet!!! #GoCanutillo

Hey King I woke up this morning with the giggles man I was remembering about what you said that you guys were in a different time zone ,you guys and DV ,well I know that DV for the moment they're on Pacific Time ,so just out of curiosity man for the fun and the giggles tell me again what time zone is Eastlake ON.

Apparently canuts took Del Valles clocks and cleaned them out !!! So instead of Del Valle setting their clocks to spring forward !!! Canuts caused them to fall back !!! Eastlake is finally healthy on both sides of the ball !!! So I'll get back to you on that by the end of the week !!! Curious to see if their back to the different time zone and level ... I was talking about !!!

Hey King I'm joking man. But you know, really and in reality, I really hope both of us go deep in the playoffs, you know this District stuff man that doesn't satisfy me anymore ,man honestly I hope we both go deep in the playoffs and continue setting that example for all the other schools because if there is anybody that could brag about Hardware it is Canuts and the Falcons, so I believe you guys have BA this week, man don't take them lightly. Bel Air I don't know they bring it man they just can't finish it ,but they bring it.So TRUCHA CON EL PIPER.GO FALCON'S

Hey King I'm joking man. But you know, really and in reality, I really hope both of us go deep in the playoffs, you know this District stuff man that doesn't satisfy me anymore ,man honestly I hope we both go deep in the playoffs and continue setting that example for all the other schools because if there is anybody that could brag about Hardware it is Canuts and the Falcons, so I believe you guys have BA this week, man don't take them lightly. Bel Air I don't know they bring it man they just can't finish it ,but they bring it.So TRUCHA CON EL PIPER.GO FALCON'S

Agreed !!! I know as fans we are very bias and optimistic about our own teams !!! so we kind of take everybody lightly because were not the ones out on the field having to play!!!! Lol !!! But I'm sure our teams both canuts and Eastlake take things on a week to week basis !!! You should come out and see the game on thursday man !!! And I hope both teams make some playoff noise as well .However they'll Both Have to stay injury free and healthy !!! So lets hope for a fun and injury free season !!!!

Oh don't u for 1 sec think im going to miss it.LOL

Looks like it'll be:

Canuts - give them credit for backing up the talk. Tough defense. Next week, they get the best rb in the city. Will be tested.
Del Valle- young and underestimated. Solid coaching wins.
Eastlake- loss of talent is exposing some coaching flaws.
Parkland- talented running back, average all else. Stop him. He's coming.

Ysleta and belair will play the last week to see who is the first team barely out of the playoffs- good teams being left out.
Horizon coming coming in behind them is a surprise. Good coaching here.
Riverside next to last, loss of qb really, really hurt, new coach has his work cut out.
Hanks huge dissapointment- look for a coaching change to happen. Heard athletic director already out.

At the end of the day, the good coaching rises kids to the top, poor coaching sinks them.

Quote: RR
Looks like it'll be:

Canuts - give them credit for backing up the talk. Tough defense. Next week, they get the best rb in the city. Will be tested.
Del Valle- young and underestimated. Solid coaching wins.
Eastlake- loss of talent is exposing some coaching flaws.
Parkland- talented running back, average all else. Stop him. He's coming.

Ysleta and belair will play the last week to see who is the first team barely out of the playoffs- good teams being left out.
Horizon coming coming in behind them is a surprise. Good coaching here.
Riverside next to last, loss of qb really, really hurt, new coach has his work cut out.
Hanks huge dissapointment- look for a coaching change to happen. Heard athletic director already out.

At the end of the day, the good coaching rises kids to the top, poor coaching sinks them.

DV young? Maybe just the QB young

There's a bunch of experience on this squad......don't underestimate the T Bird bunch that's been playing good game forever

Makes everyone around them better

Quote: RR
It's a tough division. they should put four very good teams into the playoffs. who ever makes to the playoffs will have to earn it. wont be any cake walks.

My prediction

1- Eastlake
2- Del Valle
3- Canuts
4- Parkland
5- Bel Air
6- Ysleta
7- Hanks
8- Riverside
9- Horizon

I think Parkland gets the fourth slot in a battle with BA.

but really that fourth spot can go to Parkland, BA, Ysleta or even Hanks if they can surprise a couple teams. Might all come down to who's healthy at the end.

At least I got the playoff teams right. Wasn't expecting Canuts to go undefeated. Congrats to the Eagles.

I guess all of you were wrong!!!!

Wrong!!! Both those teams are beneath Canutillo..Thank you

10-0 Canutillo 2 5A championship chumps!!!

the eagles beat all those teams 10-0 baby😊

Canutillo winning the district is better than Eastlake winning.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m