​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Updates for in town and out of town scores

Any updates would appreciate it.

Re: Updates for in town and out of town scores

Americas 12-0 at half. Fields had about 20 carries already.

EPG Fan
Americas 12-0 at half. Fields had about 20 carries already.
Yea and about only 5 passes total so far!!!

Thanks Cat and Fan

Midland 14
Franklin 0

FHS defense looking really bad

Franklin scores with 55 yard run up the middle.
MHS 14
FHS 7
7 MIN I. 1ST QTR

3 yrd run for td.
MHS 21
FHS 7
Franklin defense struggling to keep up. Alot of speed for MHS. O line dominating Franklins defensive line.

Americas 18 DV 6.

QB keeper 4 yrd run for Franklin
MHS 21
FHS 14
This Dominguez #21 kid fir Franklin is a beast !! Lead blocking is outstanding and running guys over when he has the ball.

Awesome!! Keep it coming Saenz

TD Franklin.
FHS 21
MHS 21 2:40 left til half.
Offense clicking. Run game is really good. Opens up pass fame. QB has a cannon for an arm and is very accurate.

Midland come right back and scores.
MHS 27 PA no good.
FHS 21

From what I heard the Americas defense looked very good, the offense has work to do. Obviously early though.

WTX
From what I heard the Americas defense looked very good, the offense has work to do. Obviously early though.
Actually no, it's just that Del Valle's offense was really bad. To many mistakes!

MHS 27
FHS 21
Halftime.
Franklin receives at start of 3rd

Cats32
WTX
Actually no, it's just that Del Valle's offense was really bad. To many mistakes!

I thought the defense looked very good and made Del Valle make mistakes

EPG Fan
Cats32
WTX

I thought the defense looked very good and made Del Valle make mistakes

Both teams are super slow on defense and offense , only guy with any speed was jack fields..

Start of the 2nd half. FHS receives. TB FHS starts at the 25.

Drive stalls at 45 yd line. FHS punts. Good punt to MHS 15.

Once again FHS had them on their heels but Midland scores on a 65 yard screen pass.2 point con. Good.
MHS 35
FHS 21

Americas looks big, really big. No passing game though. People will stack the box and shut Fields down. He is really good though. Thier defense will keep them in games. The middle linebacker is huge and a stud. He's D1 material. Just a big fast athlete.

We've got lots of work to do. Especially on offense. Our qb is very young and green hes got a few games to develop. We'll need out D to keep us in games. He's still a year away from being a big impact player. Honestly we should have been shut out. But its only the first game. Coach will get it together.

And another missed assignment. Surrounded by 3 players and still got away.35 yrd pass by MHS.
MHS 42
FHS 21

Franklin self destructing on defense and offense with penalties. Midland has adjusted to to run and defense can't keep up. 40 yrd pass to end zone td Midland.

MHS 49
FHS 21
4:31 left in the 3rd qtr.

Spartans up 27-0 at the half on Irvin. In lightning delay

Start of the 4th qtr
MHS 49
FHS 21.
Franklin keeps running the same 3 plays over and over. Some things never change for EP football.

TD Franklin

MHS 49
FHS 28
9:39 4th qtr.

Spartandad

That's great news spartan dad!!! Looks like this game is turning into a blowout ..... Guess the scrimmage did the Spartans some good !!!! The offense must feel like their in Disneyland going up against the Irvin D !!!! Lol. Keep us updated !!!

MHS running back drags 3 guys with him into endzone.
Midland 56
Franklin 28
5:36 4th qtr

Franklin turnover on downs.
MHS 56
FHS 28
2 minutes left in 4th qtr.
I'm outa here

Kingsrealm
Spartandad

That's great news spartan dad!!! Looks like this game is turning into a blowout ..... Guess the scrimmage did the Spartans some good !!!! The offense must feel like their in Disneyland going up against the Irvin D !!!! Lol. Keep us updated !!!

Thank you sir. Scrimmage definitely helped. Finally starting 2nd half...well see how it goes.

Thanks for the updates Saenz!!! Safe travels

Canutillo 28-Socorro 0 3rd Quarter

UVLonghorns
Canutillo 28-Socorro 0 3rd Quarter
Dayummmm!!!

Canutillo 35
Socorro 0
3rd Qtr

Canutillo 42- Socorro 0 4th Quarter

Big blue
Americas looks big, really big. No passing game though. People will stack the box and shut Fields down. He is really good though. Thier defense will keep them in games. The middle linebacker is huge and a stud. He's D1 material. Just a big fast athlete.

We've got lots of work to do. Especially on offense. Our qb is very young and green hes got a few games to develop. We'll need out D to keep us in games. He's still a year away from being a big impact player. Honestly we should have been shut out. But its only the first game. Coach will get it together.

I was really hoping dv was gonna pull the upset. It looks like Coach P will remain with the curse of not beating local "big brother" 6A teams...

I was really hoping dv was gonna pull the upset. It looks like Coach P will remain with the curse of not beating local "big brother" 6A teams... [/quote]

What curse are you talking about blue22ro? Yes DV lost to America's. But there is no curse. The last 2 years the won against Coronado and I believe they are a 6A team last time I checked.

O parent
What curse are you talking about blue22ro? Yes DV lost to America's. But there is no curse. The last 2 years the won against Coronado and I believe they are a 6A team last time I checked.

You're right, Coach P and the big bad blue squad did beat coronado. I stand corrected. thanks! Hope they bounce back! (they always do anyway!)

Frenship 17 Montwood 7 at the half. Defense looks solid with a questionable secondary. Offense moving the ball well but to many mental mistakes being made (ball security). Hopefully we make the right adjustments next half!!!

If your not at the SAC tonight you are missing a heavyweight fight. Wow!!!!!
El Do-24
Eastlake - 21
At the half.

rams lose 24-14

lol smh.. & Eastwood seems to be giving up. Up 28-14 & now tied 28-28 with 1:48 left. No adjustments made on defense.

Eastwood wins with 5.4 seconds left

Why do people assume adjustments weren't made. Hack the other team can make adjustments to the adjuatments.

Because we're watching the game. We play the game. We coach the game. That's how some people know. What kind of question is that?

You don't know stay a fan

😂 I don't know? When there is no containment all game & nothing is done about it, that means what? That there wasn't an adjustment made to correct the issue. I advise you to take the time to actually pay attention to what is going on.

I don't know who erased my comment but they must be scared about something. But what I was saying is that good teams in 5a (such as Del Valle and Eastlake)like to challenge themselves early to see weaknesses and make adjustments early on. They are also preparing themselves for playoffs to see a similar opponent in the third or beyond playoff round. On the other hand El Dorado and Americas won't see an opponent like that ever in the 1st round playoffs. So hats off to coach p and Calderon, for taking chances to be better prepared early on. Del Valle has beat Coronado (2-0) was the series. Eastlake and del Valle could probably compete with the some middle and lower tier 6a schools in El Paso but never with the top tier(top 3)

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m