​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Americas Josh Fields and Franklins Eric Phillips

Why is it that Josh Fields gets all the attention on local tv stations because of his 150 yards on 34 carries at home against a local El Paso team in Del Valle but the local tv stations fail to mention Eric Phillips of Franklin who had 136 yards on just 25 carries on the road against out of town Midland?

And no drama queens I'm not hating on Josh. Just would like someone to explain this to me. Thanks

Re: Americas Josh Fields and Franklins Eric Phillips

Xman
Why is it that Josh Fields gets all the attention on local tv stations because of his 150 yards on 34 carries at home against a local El Paso team in Del Valle but the local tv stations fail to mention Eric Phillips of Franklin who had 136 yards on just 25 carries on the road against out of town Midland?

And no drama queens I'm not hating on Josh. Just would like someone to explain this to me. Thanks

Stop relying on the local media to give you the truth. You should type up the stats of players who had good games on your twitter, facebook and also in here in this forum so people can know the truth.

TheTruth
Xman

Stop relying on the local media to give you the truth. You should type up the stats of players who had good games on your twitter, facebook and also in here in this forum so people can know the truth.

Josh brings it every game for the last 2 years and has earned the recognition. If Phillips puts up big numbers consistently I'm sure hell get his recognition.

This is 2016 not 2 years ago. One game into the season and I agree the local media should be all over Eric Phillips.

I would say just start an outstanding performrr thread. You dont need to compare kids. Some might take it as criticism.

I wouldn't go as far as saying they are comparing the athletes.

It seems that they are critiquing the local media that is all nothing more and nothing less.

I'm with them in that the local media needs to do a better job but thats no excuse to sit around waiting for sports news.

We shouldn't put sports news on the athletes all on the shoulders of the local media.

We, you, me, all of us have the power of the internet on our fingertips and can praise, give kudos, t athletes here or anywhere online.

It's up to us as well to do our part and put bias aside by acknowledging excellent performances by our local athletes.

And when me, you or anyone does praise, give kudos to a athlete, do not assume it's a dad or any person in relation to the athlete.

local sports media loves to be spoon fed stories. They do not do alot of meetings with players or coaches in any sport. The two players are both good.

The power of a good sports information director is not measurable. De Loss Dodds at UT Austin was the king of generating interest in sports and players in every sport. He would start a media blitz at the end of every season and get rankings for some average Longhorn sports teams. I hope both the guys best success.

......Phillips is our best kept secret!!!!!!.....noooooooo...who are you?????.....lol.....don't tell everyone......actually...hes a stand up kid...I heard he was injured last year.......don't quote me on that!!!...

....one more thing.....Max Preps..had Phillips with 25 carries...142...TD...

...both of these guys are not just great players....great individuals....
....Fields does his thing.....and Phillips pretty much does whatever the coaches ask.....different styles....both compliment their teams well....They will have their day in the sun.....everything will take care of itself...

.....Who are you?????,......lol..lol....Go Cougars!!!!...

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m