Author
Comment
Week 3 for the NE

(2-0)Andress vs (0-2)Coronado
(2-0)Chapin vs (1-1)Pebble Hills
(0-2)Irvin vs (2-0)Mountain View
(2-0)Parkland vs (0-2)Eastlake

Thoughts? Predictions? Best game?

Thought I'd make a mega thread instead of 4 smaller ones.

Re: Week 3 for the NE

Looking forward to a hard fought game against Chapin. Chapin playing some great ball early on. Pebble Hills homecoming. GO SPARTANS! RISE

I think Pebble Hills is doing surprisingly well, so I'd be inclined to say they give Chapin a good game, but it's hard to tell. I don't really have a good feel for the Andress team with their relatively new coach, so not sure what to read into yesterday's game. I'm pretty sure Chapin's D is good enough to get them the win, but I'm not sure if the offense is good enough to keep it from being a close game.

For Andress v. Coronado, I'd favor Coronado in a close one. Both teams seem to be about the same caliber as last year (Andress near top of 1-5a and Coronado near bottom of 1-6a), and Coronado won the matchup last year.

Irvin hasn't looked good at all (in fact, the bottom teams in 1-5a all look very bad). I've favor Mt. View winning matchup by 1-2 scores, just like last year.

Parkland has looked strong, but there is a huge disparity between the quality of their predistrict opponents & Eastlake's. I'd say Eastlake wins by at least 14.

mausDE
I think Pebble Hills is doing surprisingly well, so I'd be inclined to say they give Chapin a good game, but it's hard to tell. I don't really have a good feel for the Andress team with their relatively new coach, so not sure what to read into yesterday's game. I'm pretty sure Chapin's D is good enough to get them the win, but I'm not sure if the offense is good enough to keep it from being a close game.

For Andress v. Coronado, I'd favor Coronado in a close one. Both teams seem to be about the same caliber as last year (Andress near top of 1-5a and Coronado near bottom of 1-6a), and Coronado won the matchup last year.

Irvin hasn't looked good at all (in fact, the bottom teams in 1-5a all look very bad). I've favor Mt. View winning matchup by 1-2 scores, just like last year.

Parkland has looked strong, but there is a huge disparity between the quality of their predistrict opponents & Eastlake's. I'd say Eastlake wins by at least 14.

I guarantee you that Pebble Hills will not score on Chapin and if they do it's because Chapin starters will be celebrating their 3-0 start to the season on the sideline while Chapins cheerleaders, dancers, band, and parents are playing Pebble Hills in the 4th quarter when the score is already 35-0 and Pebble Hills might score making it 35-7.

I hope you're right. Just giving Pebble Hills some credit. Hopefully Chapin's offense pulls it together.

mausDE
I hope you're right. Just giving Pebble Hills some credit. Hopefully Chapin's offense pulls it together.

Giving them credit why....because they have juniors, by the end of the game those juniors that you speak of were playing sophomores. So tell me how can you say that....get out of here man....first year or not Football is still Football most of them played city league. Chapin by 20.

Andress over Coronado NE would have had a bigger game vs PH if it weren't for last minute adjustments. Andress still pulls this one off

Chapin over PH agree with another post on this thread that PH may not score

MV over Irvin 1 5A Irvin, Austin, Jeff? Com on man!

Eastlake over Parkland not gonna dismiss Parkland on this one, they should have some bite considering the momentum going into this game. Eastlake will weather the storm

Honestly I can't say which is the best game, don't really feel excitement for any of these match ups.

Most competitive match: Andress vs Coronado

Hulk2016
mausDE

Giving them credit why....because they have juniors, by the end of the game those juniors that you speak of were playing sophomores. So tell me how can you say that....get out of here man....first year or not Football is still Football most of them played city league. Chapin by 20.

because they came alot closer to beating Andress than I expected. I'm still predicting a Chapin win. you need to chill out, dude. you act like Andress was blowing out PH & then PH came back against backups, I'm calling bull. Except for brief periods, the majority of the game was a 1-score difference

mausDE
Hulk2016
mausDE

because they came alot closer to beating Andress than I expected. I'm still predicting a Chapin win. you need to chill out, dude. you act like Andress was blowing out PH & then PH came back against backups, I'm calling bull. Except for brief periods, the majority of the game was a 1-score difference

I'm chill man, actually it was backups all the starters got hurt except for the QB which is a sophomore Oh he's a back up also so in actuality they were playing backups, 1 senior leader on the field....so you tell me and actually Andress was up by 2 scores 28-13 then 28-27.....so get out of here dude if you live in the northeast go jump off the spaghetti bowl for disrespecting this side of town.

Chill out hulk. Sounds like your just bitter cuz a Senior-less team played you guys so close. And get out of here with all your backups playing and only having sophomores. That just making pathetic excuses for why you dam near got beat. Move on already.....

Hulk2016

I'm chill man, actually it was backups all the starters got hurt except for the QB which is a sophomore Oh he's a back up also so in actuality they were playing backups, 1 senior leader on the field....so you tell me and actually Andress was up by 2 scores 28-13 then 28-27.....so get out of here dude if you live in the northeast go jump off the spaghetti bowl for disrespecting this side of town.

lol yea sounds super chill get bent, dude. Andress reps like you have earned the school any disrespect it gets

Dr. Ivin
Chill out hulk. Sounds like your just bitter cuz a Senior-less team played you guys so close. And get out of here with all your backups playing and only having sophomores. That just making pathetic excuses for why you dam near got beat. Move on already.....

PH came on the news talking about how they have no seniors and put an article in the paper so really whose making excuses come on man check your facts.

mausDE
Hulk2016

lol yea sounds super chill get bent, dude. Andress reps like you have earned the school any disrespect it gets

OK man telling you to jump off the spaghetti bowl was bad....sorry dude got caught in the hoopla of how PH don't have seniors, I apologize.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m