EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Time for a change at Hanks

They started this thread 4 Austin, hanks needs a change bad, kids don't show up for practice or film, not competitive at all, hanks alum and community not happy, it's not personal but we need help

Re: Time for a change at Hanks

Cray cray
They started this thread 4 Austin, hanks needs a change bad, kids don't show up for practice or film, not competitive at all, hanks alum and community not happy, it's not personal but we need help

To bad, they have some very good talent, the coach just can't coach, that's the districts issue. Parents need to make noise with the district for a change.

Amen! This is just sad. There is absolutely no reason a 5A team with almost 1900 students should field a team like this. Even if the talent pool isn't deep, they shouldnt be this bad. Jones is terrible. He should've never gotten this job to begin with. Only one year as an OC on a 3-7 Ysleta team and they hand him the reigns to a 5A school. El Paso rarely hires the right person for a head job. I'm willing to bet Jones hangs around for at least 5 more years.

When Jones was hired we moved to the Montwood area. He's bad. they might not even beat Clint right now. great kids, sorry coaching...

If Jones had any balls he would resign, but he'll make all those kids life a living hell before he leaves. He has no honor.

Hanks players Dads and Moms stop your crying in this forum and go do something about it don't be typical El Pasoans and wait for others to do something you want done to be done by others.

I'm sorry but it ticks me off when people talk their ideas, show their passion, and all that positive talk crap and don't put it all into actual action. Move your lazy asses dammit

You can contact Coach Mckinney at Hanks but he's Jones buddy, really why Jones got the job I heard. Or Mike Williams at the district who will send you back to McKinney. That's why I ran from that circus before it started. It's the old buddy buddy system there. Sorry Hanks kids, parents and community.

Lost the only winnable game in sight, any chance we get a change soon

Cray cray
Lost the only winnable game in sight, any chance we get a change soon

Not if you are looking for one here. Parents need to contact Mckinney or director Williams. If you want a change take action or accept that Jones will keep Hanks and that talented group down for years to come. Kids lose because they dont believe they can win, they dont believe they can win because he does not make them believe they can win. His famous phrase "if you dont like it you can quit or play on the JV." He coaches through fear. My sister knows the plays they run before they run them, imagine what the other teams coaches think. Coach Garcia is the best coach he has, thats why the JV wins and the varsity loses. If he wants to win he needs to let Garcia run the offense on varsity.

The sign of a good coach is when players want to play for you, not have to play for you. No one wants to play for Jones, they have to play for him. The players want to play for Garcia

Just admit it's a garbage season. Start prepping for next year and counting down the days until next September. Hanks has fallen off, since they move to 2-5A.

Utep_supporter
Just admit it's a garbage season. Start prepping for next year and counting down the days until next September. Hanks has fallen off, since they move to 2-5A.

Just like UTEP's season-----GARBAGE.

UTEP has never fallen off because they have never been at the top in order to fall off.

Jones isn't going anywhere. Unfortunately, for Hanks, he will continue to roam the sidelines and take this program further into the abyss their in. It will take the next coach a couple of years to fix things if he can. If Jones' had any respect for the program or the kids he would resign (as someone mentioned earlier). I feel bad for the kids....they deserve better than this.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Tough, it's trumps world now

Did Jones step down????

Heard he resigned yesterday. Job isn't posted. Who are some possible candidates?

If he resigned on Friday why hasn't YISD posted the position yet?

football fan
If he resigned on Friday why hasn't YISD posted the position yet?

Beware of pat O'Neil here, he is going to pick one of his boys again and you know who he hires.

Pat O'Neil doesn't have anymore boys around town to hire. All his guys are either retired or fine where they are at. When Pat O'Neil was the AD he like the out of town guys like the guy from parkland which he may have had a hand in. Ysleta did hire an alum so who knows if he has much to say about coaching hirings. My bet would be they bring someone from out of town like they did with Parkland. There were a ton of out of town applicants for Edlo, Montwood, and Riverside I bet all those guys reapply for Hanks

I wouldn't be surprised if YISD hires within their district and an asst coach or coordinator from Del Valle gets the Hanks hc job. After the success Montwood had this season when SISD hired Coach Famaligi, I can see Hanks going the same route to turn that program around.

Are there any coordinators that look promising enough to take a shot at turning these guys around?

WTM
Are there any coordinators that look promising enough to take a shot at turning these guys around?

The same old re-treads will apply and they won't get hired

Time to make Hanks great again! Back in the 90's we used to beat up on Del Valle and Ysleta, now they are eating our lunch! We can't even beat Horizon! We need to hit the weights and build a beautiful big line. That way the bad guys can't get in. It's gonna be great! We're gonna win and win bigly! By the way, the job is posted and part of the job is to be the campus athletic coordinator as well.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m