Forum: EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Hankins vs Canutillo Defense

After this bye-week for Canutillo, it's homecoming and the matadors roll in to the west side for this much anticipated match up. Will this be the best defense Hankins has Faced? Any thoughts?

Re: Hankins vs Canutillo Defense

Yes, it will be a rough night for the Parkland offense and Hankins but he will still rack up close to 200 yards because of volume. That's my prediction.

IMO Canutillo makes the QB and Recievers beat them. Hankins maybe 150, but that isn't anything to bat an eyelash at. This week we find out if Parkland ready to step up into the upper echelon of 2-5a as of right now they still have not beat anyone with a winning record. We shall see.

let's see them get past ysleta first.. that game should seal the playoff picture in 2-5A

Wonder if parkland even cares about hankins stats or if they would rather win

Quote: Supporter

Hankins the young tenth grader already has that Texas Tech offer so his coaches can pull him back and give him less carries. They should work on other things you know for the playoffs. The one running back that his coaches should be caring about the stats are Americas josh fields coaches because fields doesn't have a offer from a power 5 conference team.

Quote: Edgar

Hankins the young tenth grader already has that Texas Tech offer so his coaches can pull him back and give him less carries. They should work on other things you know for the playoffs. The one running back that his coaches should be caring about the stats are Americas josh fields coaches because fields doesn't have a offer from a power 5 conference team.

Didn't we establish I'm anther thread that stats don't get you offers. Not going to rehash but we have a large number of offers with no stats.

Parkland runs up the score on Jefferson, Hanks, Socorro, barely beats Horizon and Bel air and loses to Eastlake and Del Valle. What happens if they lose to canutillo and ysleta and miss the playoffs? With Hankins and WRs i think it's just another year of the same missing playoffs. Coaches talking about how they are changing things yet still miss playoffs. Only time will tell

Well that sounds like some sour grapes. From what i can tell they have chsnged things. Parkland used to not be able to run the score up lol

Listen guys. I speak the truth and some of you have trouble handling that, some of our own fans like to walk on eggshells when coming on here. I have seen every 2-5A district contender team in person (some of the good ones twice) and I got to say that we should coast to a DC. Hankins could have 13 blockers on the field for him and he will not run for more than 100,our D is the real deal. We will enjoy the bye week and get healthy then come back and show why we are the team to beat, Parkland will be a tune up game for Eastlake which we will dismantle. Seriously Hankins don't bother strapping on your good cleats for this one cause you will be disappointed. Don't get me wrong Hankins is a good RB and deserves all his accolades, unfortunately they are a one dimensional team (run to Hankins or throw deep to Sullivan), there is no creativity at all and this will be the reason they don't get in.

Quote: Canuts Fan
Listen guys. I speak the truth and some of you have trouble handling that, some of our own fans like to walk on eggshells when coming on here. I have seen every 2-5A district contender team in person (some of the good ones twice) and I got to say that we should coast to a DC. Hankins could have 13 blockers on the field for him and he will not run for more than 100,our D is the real deal. We will enjoy the bye week and get healthy then come back and show why we are the team to beat, Parkland will be a tune up game for Eastlake which we will dismantle. Seriously Hankins don't bother strapping on your good cleats for this one cause you will be disappointed. Don't get me wrong Hankins is a good RB and deserves all his accolades, unfortunately they are a one dimensional team (run to Hankins or throw deep to Sullivan), there is no creativity at all and this will be the reason they don't get in.

Never agrue with an Idiot !!!!! They will drag you down to their level and beat you with expierence !!!!

What I dislike is that this so called Canutillo fan is putting a huge target on Canutillo's back. Like anyone needs more motivation already. I mean, the team strides and ups their level if play every time someone talks smack about them, and here comes this guy talking smack. Don't write checks when you aint the one cashing dude. It's easy when you're not the one playing! Much respect goes out to all of our opponents.

The so called canuts fan is probably a anti-Eagle, and just trying to stir things up for Canutillo. Respetos to all the Eagle opponents and EP teams!

study hard and play harder!!

If horizon stopped him his not that good

time will tell about the parkland back. all teams have to watch out and play hard every week.

1800+ yards says he is plenty good.

They have to win against ysleta first so they can make the playoffs

Parkland's Deion Hankins is a 6'1" 205 lbs SOPH RB that already has two college offers under his belt, and I predict he will get more offers before it's all said and done. So far he has managed to rack up over 1800 yards rushing against teams that some players in 6A would consider mediocre at best. They also have CB/WR SR 6'3" Patrick Sullivan. Undefeated Canutillo on the other hand is a proven force to be reckoned with and will give Parkland problems. I got a feeling that they will bring just the right defense to limit Hankins productivity as they cruise to another win.

finally a coaching staff that knows how to use their talented players. Hankins would be forced to play lineman at that age and size with some programs in el paso.

Parkland is still a year away from competing at a higher level. Eastlake and Del Valle already beat Parkland and Canutillo is way better than Eastlake and Del Valle. Parkland this year is not at Eastlakes, Del Valles, and Canutillos level just yet. Next year Parkland will be at that higher level and next year Parkland will win District and go 3 or more rounds deep into the playoffs.

Parkland beat Bel Air by 11. Canutillo beat them by 3 and East lake beat them by 1. So bringing up a close game against Bel Air shouldn't be a mark against them. They should stack up well with Ysleta, who almost beat Canutillo. You're right that this week will seal the playoff picture. Whoever wins in Parkland and Ysleta should join Canutillo, Eastlake, and Del Valle. As for Hankins, he is a good back who defenses are keying on now, but that doesn't diminish his almost 2,000 yard season. Let's see if the coaches can draw up some wrinkles to take the heat off of him for the next few weeks.

Quote: Pkdad
Parkland beat Bel Air by 11. Canutillo beat them by 3 and East lake beat them by 1. So bringing up a close game against Bel Air shouldn't be a mark against them. They should stack up well with Ysleta, who almost beat Canutillo. You're right that this week will seal the playoff picture. Whoever wins in Parkland and Ysleta should join Canutillo, Eastlake, and Del Valle. As for Hankins, he is a good back who defenses are keying on now, but that doesn't diminish his almost 2,000 yard season. Let's see if the coaches can draw up some wrinkles to take the heat off of him for the next few weeks.

Don't judge a book by it's cover!!!!!!!! if you read more into it you get alot more out of it !!!!!! When Parkland and Canutillo played Bel Air .... Bel Air was playing with their backup QB !!!! Bel Air is a different team with their starting QB in the lineup !!!!!! Plus if we went with your way of thinking ...... one could easily say Del Valle beat Parkland 21-7 while Canutillo beat Del Valle 34-6 right ? Just saying !!!!!

Scores against common opponents are a good barometer. Del Valle beat Parkland and Canutillo beat Del Valle, so it is reasonable to expect Canutillo to beat them. I never said Parkland would beat Canutillo. Its a dream, but probably just a dream. Again, looking for the coaches to draw up some new wrinkles to take heat off Hankins ands the O-line.

Quote: Pkdad
Scores against common opponents are a good barometer.

If that is all there is to it in making football picks I would be winning thousands of $$$$$ betting on college and pro football every weekend.

Scores against common opponents are all we got right now... Canutillo played nearly flawless against a non full strenght Del Valle team. So I agree that scores dont mean anything. But I bet coach Brooks is not taking Parkland lightly. He will have 2 weeks prepare and get healthy. Hopefully they play at their best.

Correction: Ysleta almost beat Canutillo is far from correct. Ysleta never lead in this game even though Canutillo regressed a little bit in terms of penalties and other mental mistakes. Ysleta's passing game can be explosive, but they only ended up putting 14 points on the board.

Look guys, Parkland is going to kick the **** out of dem eaglets. 32 - 0 at the 1st quarter. We Believe!!!

Quote: All Offense
Look guys, Parkland is going to kick the **** out of dem eaglets. 32 - 0 at the 1st quarter. We Believe!!!

You beleaving with your heads down after the game.

Congratulations to Parkland on a great win versus Ysleta. This week's game should be very competitive.

Parkland sure found out what to do to YSLETA when they loaded the box. Parkland can now adjust to teams who simply stop the run. Be cautious

Dude one dimensional, but you just gave us two.

Don't believe PARKLAND has seen a D like Canuts has yet. Canuts has had only 58 points scored against them! The next closest team Parkland has played is Del Valle who has had 177 scored on them! Canuts shuts PARKLAND down....frustration ensues and the spiral begins. I watched the DV vs Eastlake game this weekend and if DV can hold the MATS to 7 and EASTLAKE can put up 60 on them then it's highly unlikely PARKLAND vs CANUTILLO will even be a game by the 3rd Quarter ...but we will see. GO TROOP!!!

I saw Parkland game against Ysleta and I was impressed by the Matadors. They have alot of weapons, those kids are playing hard. I dont think it will be an easy game for our boys at all. I think Coach Brooks will control tempo of the game, and try and keep Parkland offense on the bench. We have some kids that can hit on our defense, so i think Parkland receivers will think twice about catching the ball...especially on those inside slants. If you have seen our defense play before you know those will be some hard hits. Either way I think it will be a tough match up, both Parkland and Canutillo need tough games to prepare them for a good playoff run....best of luck to both teams.

I like this title Hankins vs Canutillo Defense. For a sophomore again only a sophomore to get this attention he must really be talented.

Let's see what this 10th grader does against Canutillo's defense.

Eaglefan,
Well said. That is the spirit under which high school football should be played. I'm hoping it's a good game and that both teams do well as they prepare for playoff runs. Even though a little trash talking is good fun.

Trash talking is always welcomed, makes for a better read. I just personally know alot of the players on this Canutillo team and not once have I heard any of them mumble a word to put down an opponent. This is a very humble, yet aggressive and talented group of kids. This is a team made up of very unselfish players, i think that is why they are playing so well. No one on this team feels they are above any of their teammates or opponents. These kids just play....it will be a good game but i just think Coach Brooks and staff out coach parkland and take the win. That and the fact they had 2 weeks to prepare for Parkland will make a big difference.

The fact Parkland knows how to throw when teams load the box now, since it took some adjusting, will make a difference this game...Go ahead, load the box this time; they are ready. Guarantee you Parkland knows how to finally use this talent they have now. The Del Valle game was tough because it was the first time Parkland was shut down with the team loading the box and they didn't know what plays to run besides runs. The QB has never played the position before so this has been a learning process as the season unfolds for them... This offense has found it's groove in all aspects now... Combine this with the way their defense played last week and, ****, you guys are in for a shocker.

I'm going to say I told you so after Friday. Parkland has two very quick and talented receivers on this team and they finally used them properly last week. Slants and flys to victory. And if they stick one man on the receiver running the slant route I guarantee you it's a large gain. Fail to load the box, guess who breaks a run; Deion Hankins. Pick your poison !!!!

Y'all do realize Parklands TOTAL offense is like top 10 nationally, and 3rd in the entire state of Texas. I don't think they are just now figuring anything out. Sullivan is 6th in the state in receiving and 2nd in receiving TDs. Yes Hankins is a man child but the Parkland offense has been killing it from day one. DV did a great job against them and yes the QB is brand new but has done a wonderful job! He is 2nd in district in passing yards and 1st in TDs thrown. Game is gonna come down to the wire will be fun!

Quote: TheGuy
Y'all do realize Parklands TOTAL offense is like top 10 nationally, and 3rd in the entire state of Texas. I don't think they are just now figuring anything out. Sullivan is 6th in the state in receiving and 2nd in receiving TDs. Yes Hankins is a man child but the Parkland offense has been killing it from day one. DV did a great job against them and yes the QB is brand new but has done a wonderful job! He is 2nd in district in passing yards and 1st in TDs thrown. Game is gonna come down to the wire will be fun!
Top 10 nationally in what stats?? They ran the score up against some struggling beaten opponents. Other than that they LOST to 2 5A teams in El Paso so I'm not sure where you are coming from with this Top 10 in the Nation talk. I have seen top 10 Nationally HS teams in past years and there is not a team in El Paso including Americas that compare! I STAND BY WHAT I SAID IN MY OCT 18 post in this thread. Hope its a good game but I believe Parkland gets exposed in this one.

Well if they wanna be the man they can try and beat the man. Canutillo by a lot and the real deal teams in El Paso would beat parkland easy no questions asked. If they want a shot next season is a new season tell that cocky coach to step up.

So much for your leading rusher!!

Called it...did you guys see the hits on the slants. Congrats Canutillo

Under 20 yards for Hankins. I bet Parkland will have some excuse that he dud not get a lot of carries or something. Haha

Quote: Eagle Fan

The best part is their D1 WR was held in check by our 5'6' 150 pound corner. Completely got in his head towards the end.

Why so quiet????

All Offense are you here, where are you???

Undisciplined parkland team , ejections n lots of unsportsmanlike panaltys , Hankins was held to 9 rushing yards .

Quote: TrooperX
Don't believe PARKLAND has seen a D like Canuts has yet. Canuts has had only 58 points scored against them! The next closest team Parkland has played is Del Valle who has had 177 scored on them! Canuts shuts PARKLAND down....frustration ensues and the spiral begins. I watched the DV vs Eastlake game this weekend and if DV can hold the MATS to 7 and EASTLAKE can put up 60 on them then it's highly unlikely PARKLAND vs CANUTILLO will even be a game by the 3rd Quarter ...but we will see. GO TROOP!!!

Frustration did ensue, I am just amazed that the Zebras allowed Sullivan to finish the game. That kid is talented but looks to have trouble in his future if he does not change his ways. His trash talking to Canutillo coach Brooks all night, his intentional penalties and out of control ways cost the Matadors. I am surprised that his coaches did not pull him out for a play or two to settle him down. My props to Parkland the game was closer than the score would indicate. Next year the Matadors will definitely be at the next level.

Seen it for a very long time and you can always count on it.... Parkland coaches have never been able to control their players. Just imagine one of the Canutillo players mouthing off on an opposite coach... poor kid!

That young coach from parkland ate some humble pie. They came in thinking they were better than canutillo. Acting like the no huddle was going to stump the eagles. Yeah right. We are not hanks or ysleta. What was most embarrassing was the lack of discipline and low class of the parkland coaching staff and players. Act like winners and you'll be winners. Take a lesson from canutillo. And by the way mr. Hankins rushed for 9 yards. So much for no huddle Oregon wanna be coaching. Ha.......

Props for losing?? Nah, they just got schooled in different ways. Play with class, act like you've been there and represent yourself and school better. Take a note parkland about how it's done. Great job on your stats and D1 players, too bad it's not a one man's sport. Congratulations to the canutillo coaches and players, stay focused one week at a time!!!

I think Sullivan is 19 years old too from what I heard.

Quote: ......
Quote: Eagle Fan

The best part is their D1 WR was held in check by our 5'6' 150 pound corner. Completely got in his head towards the end.

...... That corner is a little offended he says he's 5'9 lol boys had a great game #GoCanutillo

Seen it for a very long time and you can always count on it.... Parkland coaches have never been able to control their players. Just imagine one of the Canutillo players mouthing off on an opposite coach... poor kid!

I've been saying it for a while now. Parkland has always had talent and good athletes but never the discipline. They've had 3? Players ejected this year.
Like Matt Stepp from DCTF said, it's going to take more than one year to
Take it out of them. It's Kirkland's first year.

Quote: OrangeBird

"All Offense", where are you? Really worried about you, gonna start calling hospitals for unconscious individuals...... haha. Come back to this thread We have a nice Pre-Thanksgiving dinner of "Crow" for you to chow down on and for dessert you can follow it up with a nice heaping of "Humble Pie". How does that sound?

"All Offense", where are you? Really worried about you, gonna start calling hospitals for unconscious individuals...... haha. Come back to this thread We have a nice Pre-Thanksgiving dinner of "Crow" for you to chow down on and for dessert you can follow it up with a nice heaping of "Humble Pie". How does that sound?

Cant you Canutillo people be humble in Victory? Yes go ahead and live in the Past " We made it to the 100th Rd" . If you didn't win it all , no one other than Canutillo people really care or even remember. Act like you've been there. You didn't see the Del Valle people or the Americas fans coming in here gloating after their big wins. Why? Because they've been there and are looking at the bigger picture.... State Playoffs. I was a fan of Canutillo Football but after Yesterday I am rooting for everyone else you play.

Canutillo 38 Parkland 17!! Enough said

Quote: Dj Rookie Bear

I've been saying it for a while now. Parkland has always had talent and good athletes but never the discipline. They've had 3? Players ejected this year.
Like Matt Stepp from DCTF said, it's going to take more than one year to
Take it out of them. It's Kirkland's first year.

From what I heard of how Kirkland was behaving, and what he was saying on the sidelines last night, it sounds like he has a lot of growing up to do too!

Good coaches win games; great coaches do that, plus teach their players how to be better young men! Couldn't be prouder of our coaches and our boys!! Go Eagles!!!

And for Fballer, it's okay to trash talk before the game, but not after? What's that about? We don't live in the past. We are proud of the '14 team and their accomplishments, but we also lived through a tough '15 season. We support our kids through the losses, but celebrate their victories as well! Both make our boys better prepared to win in the game of "real life".

"Victory? Yes go ahead and live in the Past " We made it to the 100th Rd" . If you didn't win it all , no one other than Canutillo people really care or even remember. Act like you've been there. You didn't see the Del Valle people or the Americas fans coming in here gloating after their big wins. Why? "

THIS IS HILARIOUS!!!
"No one other than Canutillo remembers..."
Yet nearly every time Canutillo high lights come out there's a mention of it.
There's articles online that still mention it, ALL THE TIME.
So, no. It's not just Canutillo who remembers.

Second "Act like you've been there before"
We'd tell other teams the same but you can't act like you've been there because NONE OF YALL HAVE BEEN TO THE STATE SEMI FINALS.

Canutillo held the leading rusher in TEXAS to 9 yards.
Parkland's potent offense with two D1 athletes to 17 points.
This is sports. And there's gloating in sports.
Get used to it.

Haha! I told you so... Hankins left those nice cleats in his locker and strapped up his "I'm gonna take butt whoopin cleats". Listen folks, we've earned the right to talk all we want and if you don't like it then step on the field and do something about it. I will say this this, I'm not very fond of our fans on here being all PC before every game and then running their fingers all up on this board after a victory, be confident in our product and say it like it is. I don't care if they don't like us, Del Valle stepped up and got punched in the face, Parkland got punched in the face, Riverside should just forfeit cause they don't have a chance in hell to even compete next week, and we are getting ready to punch Eastlake in the face the way we always do. I mean only the ghetto Valley schools were able to show up and put up some kind of a game. We are the best in EP, 5A,6A heck even 4A,bring any of them on and we'll send them all home to mommy to kiss your boo-boo's. Now I would like all our real fans to stop pu$$y footing around here and actually speak the way you talk up in the stands, I hear you all talking about how with this defense we'll crush all these teams, but then everyone turns into a politician when the time comes. Be a Trump you bunch of Hilary's!

Canuts fan you are Hillaryous!!!!

Quote: fballer

Cant you Canutillo people be humble in Victory? Yes go ahead and live in the Past " We made it to the 100th Rd" . If you didn't win it all , no one other than Canutillo people really care or even remember. Act like you've been there. You didn't see the Del Valle people or the Americas fans coming in here gloating after their big wins. Why? Because they've been there and are looking at the bigger picture.... State Playoffs. I was a fan of Canutillo Football but after Yesterday I am rooting for everyone else you play.

Act like we've been there?? We're the only ones that have "been there". And guess what? We will be there again whether you support us or not. Maybe not this year, maybe not in 5 years, but we will be there as long as Brooks continues to be here. And one more thing: we don't need your support, that's why we stick together. Go suck off some other teams success.

Exactly!.UTEP better is getting an "old" freshman
There are just as talented wideouts with better grades and less( here in EP)
attitude! Sometimes you wonder if coaches actually do their homework
on players! Hankins has good attitude..not sure i can say that about Sullivan.
and oh yeah,..act like ya been there.they are not ready for BIGTIME

Haha! I told you so... Hankins left those nice cleats in his locker and strapped up his "I'm gonna take butt whoopin cleats". Listen folks, we've earned the right to talk all we want and if you don't like it then step on the field and do something about it. I will say this this, I'm not very fond of our fans on here being all PC before every game and then running their fingers all up on this board after a victory, be confident in our product and say it like it is. I don't care if they don't like us, Del Valle stepped up and got punched in the face, Parkland got punched in the face, Riverside should just forfeit cause they don't have a chance in hell to even compete next week, and we are getting ready to punch Eastlake in the face the way we always do. I mean only the ghetto Valley schools were able to show up and put up some kind of a game. We are the best in EP, 5A,6A heck even 4A,bring any of them on and we'll send them all home to mommy to kiss your boo-boo's. Now I would like all our real fans to stop pu$$y footing around here and actually speak the way you talk up in the stands, I hear you all talking about how with this defense we'll crush all these teams, but then everyone turns into a politician when the time comes. Be a Trump you bunch of Hilary's!

you would get your A$$ wiped is 6A
your coaches know it and you know it
keep writing your lame commentary
but don't bring you luchador BS to 6A
go out to Westay and play in a jumping balloon
you haven't done crap yet; i will agree with you on
one thing ; Parkland is not at your level

Quote: fballer

If you haven't noticed this is a El Paso, TX high school football forum for us El Paso, TX high school football fans to discuss El Paso, TX high school football. Anyone can post their opinions and also be proud of their team. Nothing wrong with how people celebrate a victory and celebrating a victory in my opinion should be done by everyone and done in any way each one wishes to. A person or team doesn't not have to wait until they win in the playoffs or win a state championship to celebrate and be proud for who know what tomorrow brings. Tomorrow is not a guarantee that a person will be here on this earth so celebrate all victories no matter how big or how small.

Live the present

Quote: steve o

Canutillo handled Coronado decisively, they came got hit real hard in the mouth and took a seat. Last time I check, Coronado has lost 3 districts games by 3 points a piece (Americas, Montwood, and ElDo). 3 points!!!! 3 points like the amount of points Canutillo allowed Coronado to score. So yes Canutillo would win district in 6A or at least be in the mix for the tittle.

Steve o, you must be on another planet. Haven't done anything huh,... Last time I checked we've done pretty well for ourselves this season and in the past. You're probably a Franklin fan angry about your glory days and how canuts takes your talent or something crazy. Canuts fan I like Trump in you now if we can get the rest of the country to believe!!! Or at least not believe in the witch Hillary!!!

Well let me tell you about that number# 8 ,Man can that kid play, I mean that kid plays with an attitude and
he plays with aggressiveness and with a lot of authority and I just wanted to take off my personal HAT to this young man and I want to say that I know that this young man plays with a lot of heart, I just wanted to say that and I am sure that your parents and that your coaches and that your teammates are very proud of you,YOU ARE BLESSED WITH TALENT.GOD BLESS YOU.

who are we talking about here

who are we talking about here
. His son .....#8. Duuuuuh

but for which team lol.....a name would be awesome

Canuts dude the team I cheer for I never saw anyone from Parkland show up so yeah Canuts .

Lol dang....i was tryna show support...get off ur period.

Hey Supporter and Baller are you guys going to the WEAK BOWL this weekend those are probably your school huh.LOL

Yeah ima be there

Thanks Flint I appreciate the kind words for my son!

Quote: Flint
Hey Supporter and Baller are you guys going to the WEAK BOWL this weekend those are probably your school huh.LOL
dont you mean the toilet bowl.... thats what it is. cant believe people are using the sun bowl for these two teams.

Quote: Flint
Well let me tell you about that number# 8 ,Man can that kid play, I mean that kid plays with an attitude and
he plays with aggressiveness and with a lot of authority and I just wanted to take off my personal HAT to this young man and I want to say that I know that this young man plays with a lot of heart, I just wanted to say that and I am sure that your parents and that your coaches and that your teammates are very proud of you,YOU ARE BLESSED WITH TALENT.GOD BLESS YOU.

If you were paying attention that kid has made plays all season long and he's a just a junior. Him and his brother have certainly stepped up this year but his brother had an injured wing last game. Hopefully him and Moya will be 100% by the Eastlake game.

Well I have been paying attention that's why I brought it up.

Quote: steve o

Don't hate, you know well not all Ep's 6a would tear them Eagles apart.

Have a great day, Steve O , Jumbo Jim or should I say Purple wave? what other user names do you also use?

Not sure if they would have the same success at 6A. The biggest difference from 5A to 6A is the depth of the teams, which Canutillo could match. 6A schools just have more numbers to pull from so when a player gets hurt the back-up can fill in (unless it's that schools star player). At the 5A and lower level if the starter gets hurt there is a big dropoff on the talent level with the backups, not so much at the 6A level. But playing bigger, stronger teams on a week to week level is a lot different. The bottom 6A schools are a lot different than the bottom 5A schools.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m