Forum: EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Americas Vs. El Dorado

This will definitely be the "Game of the Week"

A victory for Americas will crown them as District Champions. A win for ELD creates a district tie, that is if MW loses to Eastwood.

Trust me I'm no expert on the UIL rules as it pertains to ties, so please enlighten me if anyone knows differently.

What are your thoughts on this game?

Re: Americas Vs. El Dorado

If Americas loses and everyone wins their last game, there will be a 3-way tie. A few years ago it happened with Americas, Montwood and Franklin. This will be another game of the week and I'm looking forward to a competitive game over at the SAC. I'm sure last year's intense title match up is not forgotten.

Alight El Do, this is it. This is the game it's come down to. Time to shine. I'll be there at this game.

All I can say is this is going to be a very good game.

I have Americas winning. Josh Fields is just too much to handle. Cedarious and Tyquez can't carry the team by themselves.
Americas 35 Eldo 21

Americas ...in a possible blow out
ELDO had serious defense issues; they cannot stop the run
America will force Barfield to pass because ELDO RBs are average at best
Garfield consistently throws flat footed and off target; I see Americas with
2 picks....Americas by 14

Quote: CORONADO 77
coronado77, butt hurt, most be a parent who kid football dream will end after high school and will be a greeter at best at Wal-Mart. If I was you I will worry about Franklin who has own your a** in the pass few years.

Quote: Alphawolf
Quote: CORONADO 77
coronado77, butt hurt, most be a parent who kid football dream will end after high school and will be a greeter at best at Wal-Mart. If I was you I will worry about Franklin who has own your a** in the pass few years.

he might be butt hurt.....he said blow out and then said they would win by 14 points.... thats by far not a blow out. But hey TBH coronado did play Eldo and AHS close.

El Dorado by 21.

I remember back in 99 or 00 they had a 3 way tie and had to flip a coin. Idk how they still do it

2016 UIL Post-Season Playoff Rules:

Ties: If two or more schools are tied for district representation at the end of the regular season, the district executive committee must devise a policy to select the schools to represent the district in post-district play. For tie games in the playoffs, Section 1250 (h) of the Football Plan in the Constitution and Contest Rules applies in all conferences. (h) TIED GAMES. (1) Non-District Varsity, District Varsity and Post-District Games. The NCAA overtime system shall be used in all non-district varsity games, district varsity games and post-district games tied at the end of regulation play. (See manual.) (2) Other Games. The NCAA overtime system shall not be used in any sub-varsity games or junior high games.

This will be a good game but in the end Americas defense will prevail!

Less than 30 minutes till game time

SOMEONE PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED!!!

Gametime

Americas 7-0

7-0 Americas

7:21 1st

8-7 Eld

El Dorado 8-7

Americas 15-8

15-8 Americas 11:18 2nd qtr

15-14 Americas. 2nd 7:36

Americas 15-14

El Dorado 21-15 Halftime

21 - 15 ELD Halftime

El Dorado 28-15

28-15 ELD 9:13 in 3rd qtr

Final

Del Valle 48
Hanks 10

El Dorado 35-15

35-15 ELD with 8:26 remaining

El Dorado 35-22

El Dorado 42-22

El Dorado 42-29

El Dorado 42-29 Game over

Quote: mark50doza
El Dorado 42-29 Game over
. Now America coach can SHAVE... lol😂

ELDORADO #1...

Quote: Blazerland
This will be a good game but in the end Americas defense will prevail!
. Sooooooooooooo???? "Prevail"????

Why hasn't ELD QB Cedarious Barfield been offered a scholarship yet? Love him or hate him, this kid is the real deal and was a key factor in ELDs win over Americas, despite the fact the Fields rushed for over 200 yards. nd after watching UTEP tonight against Old Dominion, they can use a QB like Barfield, and should have already made him an offer. We lost Montez to Colorado,Cooper to Arizona, Drennan to New Mexico, who's next? UTEP need to look right here at home because there is talent in El Paso. And although they made offers to Hankins, Fields, and Sullivan we won't know until Feb who stays or who goes.

Quote: Boaz
Why hasn't ELD QB Cedarious Barfield been offered a scholarship yet? Love him or hate him, this kid is the real deal and was a key factor in ELDs win over Americas, despite the fact the Fields rushed for over 200 yards. nd after watching UTEP tonight against Old Dominion, they can use a QB like Barfield, and should have already made him an offer. We lost Montez to Colorado,Cooper to Arizona, Drennan to New Mexico, who's next? UTEP need to look right here at home because there is talent in El Paso. And although they made offers to Hankins, Fields, and Sullivan we won't know until Feb who stays or who goes.
Cause the Head Coach is a old school coach, ELD QB is not his style of QB, for example he gave a sophomore Hankins a offer cause he can use him as a ground and pound, that coach is not a spread offense guy. So he will continue to lose kids like the one you mention, cause the head coach will wait to the last minute to give them a offer, but it will be to late, no different from Montez(Colorado),Cooper(Arizona),Drennan(New Mexico)kids like these you have to show some type of interest early in there high school careers, or you will lose them to other colleges

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m