Forum: EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
  
Author
Comment
Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

After the watching the Socorro and Burges games MW will be ready to play come Thursday night.

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Montwood should win by 50+

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Who knows I think pebble will be ready montwood their offense is all pass no run the playing calling sucks and pebble hills will be ready for the pass and expose their weak line . Who knows just so disappointed I feel the have underachieve with all these players coming back from last year this should of been a D.C. Year for them.

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Wrong...MW didn't get this far without running the football. We have a good RB but he doesn't have the luxury of having a great offensive line like some teams i.e. Americas. Which means MW cannot rely solely on the run. MW is successful when they are able to execute both a balanced run and pass attack. We have a good QB that is able to throw on the run, which is not always an easy thing to do when 95% of the time he is being rushed by the defense. And unlike a team like ELD, who's QB can stand in the pocket for a longer period of time before deciding if he wants to run or pass the football. The truth is we have a young offensive line but the experience that they gain this season will surely benefit the team next season.

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

MWs RB is good but he's no Josh Fields or Deion Hankins. But he's a work horse and with a sufficient amount of protection he can do a lot of good things for MW. For example, Fields was successful against MW because on most of his runs he had 1 or 2 lead blockers. While De Anda had to fight for every single yard he got during the game. Btw Fields was held to under 100 yards rushing but he had some good runs during critical times of the game.

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Quote: Boaz
MWs RB is good but he's no Josh Fields or Deion Hankins. But he's a work horse and with a sufficient amount of protection he can do a lot of good things for MW. For example, Fields was successful against MW because on most of his runs he had 1 or 2 lead blockers. While De Anda had to fight for every single yard he got during the game. Btw Fields was held to under 100 yards rushing but he had some good runs during critical times of the game.
de Anda has had to fight for most of his yards all season, but when Montwood decides to abondon the run game and pass all night (6-carries, 19-yds, 1 TD) like they DID against Americas it's hard to help your team win. Fields and Hankins are great running backs for sure, but it would've been nice to see what De Anda could've done with a line like Americas or El Do's.!!

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

CMON GUYS
DELETE THIS POST TOO
YOU KNOW DANG WELL THEY HAVE NO SHOT

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

This is Sparta!!!

On any given Thursday. That's why they play the game.

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Pebble hills match up well against Montwood. Don't be surprised if they pull the upset.

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Quote: Cats32
Quote: Boaz
MWs RB is good but he's no Josh Fields or Deion Hankins. But he's a work horse and with a sufficient amount of protection he can do a lot of good things for MW. For example, Fields was successful against MW because on most of his runs he had 1 or 2 lead blockers. While De Anda had to fight for every single yard he got during the game. Btw Fields was held to under 100 yards rushing but he had some good runs during critical times of the game.
de Anda has had to fight for most of his yards all season, but when Montwood decides to abondon the run game and pass all night (6-carries, 19-yds, 1 TD) like they DID against Americas it's hard to help your team win. Fields and Hankins are great running backs for sure, but it would've been nice to see what De Anda could've done with a line like Americas or El Do's.!!


You could've answered your own question by just sending Evan to El Dorado with most of thenguys he played with back in the Spartan days.

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Quote: mark50doza
Quote: Cats32
Quote: Boaz
MWs RB is good but he's no Josh Fields or Deion Hankins. But he's a work horse and with a sufficient amount of protection he can do a lot of good things for MW. For example, Fields was successful against MW because on most of his runs he had 1 or 2 lead blockers. While De Anda had to fight for every single yard he got during the game. Btw Fields was held to under 100 yards rushing but he had some good runs during critical times of the game.
de Anda has had to fight for most of his yards all season, but when Montwood decides to abondon the run game and pass all night (6-carries, 19-yds, 1 TD) like they DID against Americas it's hard to help your team win. Fields and Hankins are great running backs for sure, but it would've been nice to see what De Anda could've done with a line like Americas or El Do's.!!


You could've answered your own question by just sending Evan to El Dorado with most of thenguys he played with back in the Spartan days.
Yea no **** huh Mark!! Lol

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

MW had close games against both Burges and Socorro, which means all teams have a chance. So MW needs to be ready, plain and simple!

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Quote: Boaz
MWs RB is good but he's no Josh Fields or Deion Hankins. But he's a work horse and with a sufficient amount of protection he can do a lot of good things for MW. For example, Fields was successful against MW because on most of his runs he had 1 or 2 lead blockers. While De Anda had to fight for every single yard he got during the game. Btw Fields was held to under 100 yards rushing but he had some good runs during critical times of the game.


Wow mw held fields to less then a 100 thats an accomplishment....so what did ahs do to win the game

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Quote: mark50doza
Quote: Cats32
Quote: Boaz
MWs RB is good but he's no Josh Fields or Deion Hankins. But he's a work horse and with a sufficient amount of protection he can do a lot of good things for MW. For example, Fields was successful against MW because on most of his runs he had 1 or 2 lead blockers. While De Anda had to fight for every single yard he got during the game. Btw Fields was held to under 100 yards rushing but he had some good runs during critical times of the game.
de Anda has had to fight for most of his yards all season, but when Montwood decides to abondon the run game and pass all night (6-carries, 19-yds, 1 TD) like they DID against Americas it's hard to help your team win. Fields and Hankins are great running backs for sure, but it would've been nice to see what De Anda could've done with a line like Americas or El Do's.!!


You could've answered your own question by just sending Evan to El Dorado with most of thenguys he played with back in the Spartan days.


This is the kinda trash that ****** me off. Why not just go where your supposed to.

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Quote: Supporter
Quote: mark50doza
Quote: Cats32
Quote: Boaz
MWs RB is good but he's no Josh Fields or Deion Hankins. But he's a work horse and with a sufficient amount of protection he can do a lot of good things for MW. For example, Fields was successful against MW because on most of his runs he had 1 or 2 lead blockers. While De Anda had to fight for every single yard he got during the game. Btw Fields was held to under 100 yards rushing but he had some good runs during critical times of the game.
de Anda has had to fight for most of his yards all season, but when Montwood decides to abondon the run game and pass all night (6-carries, 19-yds, 1 TD) like they DID against Americas it's hard to help your team win. Fields and Hankins are great running backs for sure, but it would've been nice to see what De Anda could've done with a line like Americas or El Do's.!!


You could've answered your own question by just sending Evan to El Dorado with most of thenguys he played with back in the Spartan days.


This is the kinda trash that ****** me off. Why not just go where your supposed to.
They do moron!! Hence why I said what if

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

It was meant for the person that suggested cheating

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Jock supporter you are a piece of..... well you know. It's not cheating you sorry as . We are just messing around you sac. Dude get a life and stop trolling. ****!

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Your not messing around you were serious. This epidemic is plagueing the city right now.

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

What hurt MW against Americas was mistakes and missed opportunities. But even with that, MW remained in the game until the end. Americas did a great job controlling the clock. MW was always rushing to get a quick score, so they pretty much abandoned the run. If they had to do it all over again, the run would have been established early in the game.

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Quote: Ram
MW had close games against both Burges and Socorro, which means all teams have a chance. So MW needs to be ready, plain and simple!


Montwood got gifts from Socorro and Coronado, plain and simple. Don't sugar coated.

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Oh snap! Coach fama just came into the stands and said something you the crowd. Wish I could've heard what he said.

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Quote: ?
Quote: Ram
MW had close games against both Burges and Socorro, which means all teams have a chance. So MW needs to be ready, plain and simple!


Montwood got gifts from Socorro and Coronado, plain and simple. Don't sugar coated.


Is Coronado going to be in a gifty mood tomorrow???

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Quote: Commentator
Oh snap! Coach fama just came into the stands and said something you the crowd. Wish I could've heard what he said.
Was JV and Freshman playing today? Wonder what was said!

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Quote: Edgar
Quote: ?
Quote: Ram
MW had close games against both Burges and Socorro, which means all teams have a chance. So MW needs to be ready, plain and simple!


Montwood got gifts from Socorro and Coronado, plain and simple. Don't sugar coated.


Is Coronado going to be in a gifty mood tomorrow???
Apparently to some they have been gifting all season!!

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Freshman Spartans won over Montwood freshman 34-28.

JV Rams are up 1 TD to 0 over Spartan JV.

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Quote: Spartandad
Freshman Spartans won over Montwood freshman 34-28.

JV Rams are up 1 TD to 0 over Spartan JV.
Thanks SpartanDad

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

JV Rams up 21-0 last I heard.

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

All MW has to do is give DeAnda the BALL against PH, he will rush for 200 yards guaranteed. PH defense is not prepared to be playing at the Varsity level this year, they have been completely over powered. Fields was walking in from 20 yards out and going untouched on 70 percent of his runs. He had 400 yards on 19 carries, if the MW coaching staff doesn't run the ball they are nuts. No need to throw the ball, shoot put Evan and Tyrees in the back field together, PH won't stand a chance.

I don't see how PH can compete w MW, unless the MW defense decides to take the day off.

FEED 32!!!!

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

MW struggled with both Socorro and Burges so this game may be closer then some might think. Also, MWs defense needs to redeem themselves after last week's lost to Americas. And the offense needs to establish the running game early with De Anda and Neo Rodriguez.

QB Puig has over 1400 yards passing and two pretty good WRs in Wolfe and Gerber so expect PH to pass the ball a lot.

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

1st Qtr

Pebbles Hills 7
Montwood 0

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Montwood looking horrible the first half!! They better wake up the the 2nd half or they're in trouble!! Spartans look like they got MW's #. Good job Spartans

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

14-7 Spartans. Halftime

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Halftime

PH 14
MW 7

MWs offense is struggling.

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

MW WR Tyreese Andrus is not playing.

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Anyone know why not

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Our defense is playing up tonight. A lot of game left

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

14-14

5:53 3rd Qtr

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

21-14 MW with 11:10 remaining in the game

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Quote: Supporter
Your not messing around you were serious. This epidemic is plagueing the city right now.


Supporter I have coached both of these men's sons. As well as coach with one of them. Their integrity is not a question and yes they are messing around. You can take this as you choose but everything on here is not life or death. People do joke around especially those that know each other.

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Quote: Scorekeeper
21-14 MW with 11:10 remaining in the game

Wow PHHS is putting green up a tough game.

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Quote: Black and gold
Quote: Supporter
Your not messing around you were serious. This epidemic is plagueing the city right now.


Supporter I have coached both of these men's sons. As well as coach with one of them. Their integrity is not a question and yes they are messing around. You can take this as you choose but everything on here is not life or death. People do joke around especially those that know each other.


If your around the organizations you know this is happening at schools. Might not be the case here but it is happening.

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

30-14 MW with 5:16 remaining

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Quote: Supporter
Quote: Black and gold
Quote: Supporter
Your not messing around you were serious. This epidemic is plagueing the city right now.


Supporter I have coached both of these men's sons. As well as coach with one of them. Their integrity is not a question and yes they are messing around. You can take this as you choose but everything on here is not life or death. People do joke around especially those that know each other.


If your around the organizations you know this is happening at schools. Might not be the case here but it is happening.

It is not necessarily against the rules. Only caveat is the kid will have to sit out 365 days but once he sits the 365 days he can play.

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Final score 37-21 Montwood.

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Quote: Supporter
Quote: Boaz
MWs RB is good but he's no Josh Fields or Deion Hankins. But he's a work horse and with a sufficient amount of protection he can do a lot of good things for MW. For example, Fields was successful against MW because on most of his runs he had 1 or 2 lead blockers. While De Anda had to fight for every single yard he got during the game. Btw Fields was held to under 100 yards rushing but he had some good runs during critical times of the game.


Wow mw held fields to less then a 100 thats an accomplishment....so what did ahs do to win the game


Joshua Fields rushed for 160 yards versus Montwood.

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Quote: TF-14 Infantry
Quote: Supporter
Quote: Boaz
MWs RB is good but he's no Josh Fields or Deion Hankins. But he's a work horse and with a sufficient amount of protection he can do a lot of good things for MW. For example, Fields was successful against MW because on most of his runs he had 1 or 2 lead blockers. While De Anda had to fight for every single yard he got during the game. Btw Fields was held to under 100 yards rushing but he had some good runs during critical times of the game.


Wow mw held fields to less then a 100 thats an accomplishment....so what did ahs do to win the game


Joshua Fields rushed for 160 yards versus Montwood.


160 was probably all purpose yardage. I'm pretty sure people are talking about RUSHING YARDS only.

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Quote: Gary
Quote: TF-14 Infantry
Quote: Supporter
Quote: Boaz
MWs RB is good but he's no Josh Fields or Deion Hankins. But he's a work horse and with a sufficient amount of protection he can do a lot of good things for MW. For example, Fields was successful against MW because on most of his runs he had 1 or 2 lead blockers. While De Anda had to fight for every single yard he got during the game. Btw Fields was held to under 100 yards rushing but he had some good runs during critical times of the game.


Wow mw held fields to less then a 100 thats an accomplishment....so what did ahs do to win the game


Joshua Fields rushed for 160 yards versus Montwood.


160 was probably all purpose yardage. I'm pretty sure people are talking about RUSHING YARDS only.


Nope. It was rushing

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Good game

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Quote: Gary
Quote: TF-14 Infantry
Quote: Supporter
Quote: Boaz
MWs RB is good but he's no Josh Fields or Deion Hankins. But he's a work horse and with a sufficient amount of protection he can do a lot of good things for MW. For example, Fields was successful against MW because on most of his runs he had 1 or 2 lead blockers. While De Anda had to fight for every single yard he got during the game. Btw Fields was held to under 100 yards rushing but he had some good runs during critical times of the game.


Wow mw held fields to less then a 100 thats an accomplishment....so what did ahs do to win the game


Joshua Fields rushed for 160 yards versus Montwood.


160 was probably all purpose yardage. I'm pretty sure people are talking about RUSHING YARDS only.


Fields had 1635 yards rushing before the Montwood game. He is now at 1794 yards for the season.

Great win tonight by the Rams!

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Great job Spartans making a game of it with one of the top Programs in the City. The Future looks bright in PH!

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

MW RB De Anda scored 3 TDs and had 177 yards rushing last night, probably his best performance of the season. So maybe his dad will stop whining about him not getting the ball and trying to compare him to Josh Fields. Because there really is no comparison.

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Show me where I compared him!! Never have, I've seen Josh since his city ball days and have always been amazed at that young man. Some people on here just like to make this crap up!!

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Quote: Blazerland
MW RB De Anda scored 3 TDs and had 177 yards rushing last night, probably his best performance of the season. So maybe his dad will stop whining about him not getting the ball and trying to compare him to Josh Fields. Because there really is no comparison.


You're right no other Running Back in El Paso should be compared to Josh Fields because most every Running Back in El Paso does not get 30 to 50 carries per game. Maybe just our Deion Hankins may be compared to Josh Fields a little bit because Deion does receive lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of carries just as Josh Fields but in all honesty really we cannot compare Deion Hankins to Josh Fields because Deion has a Texas Tech offer and Josh Fields does not. So you're right no other Running Back compares to Josh Fields.

Just FYI that Montwood Running Back is a solid and talented back unfortunate for him that he has good receivers on his team and a quarterback that has happy feet and so they spread the ball and so the Montwood Running Back gets alot alot alot alot alot less opportunities than Deion and Josh. If that Montwood Running Back received 30 to 50 carries a game he might be at 2,000 to 3,000 rushing yards today.

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Quote: BeastofNE
Quote: Blazerland
MW RB De Anda scored 3 TDs and had 177 yards rushing last night, probably his best performance of the season. So maybe his dad will stop whining about him not getting the ball and trying to compare him to Josh Fields. Because there really is no comparison.


You're right no other Running Back in El Paso should be compared to Josh Fields because most every Running Back in El Paso does not get 30 to 50 carries per game. Maybe just our Deion Hankins may be compared to Josh Fields a little bit because Deion does receive lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of carries just as Josh Fields but in all honesty really we cannot compare Deion Hankins to Josh Fields because Deion has a Texas Tech offer and Josh Fields does not. So you're right no other Running Back compares to Josh Fields.

Just FYI that Montwood Running Back is a solid and talented back unfortunate for him that he has good receivers on his team and a quarterback that has happy feet and so they spread the ball and so the Montwood Running Back gets alot alot alot alot alot less opportunities than Deion and Josh. If that Montwood Running Back received 30 to 50 carries a game he might be at 2,000 to 3,000 rushing yards today.
Sorry Beast but I got to see both De Anda and Fields last week to make a side by side comparison. By my observation Fields easily has him beat in vision, speed variations, hands, blocking skills and is generally just visibly MUCH more polished! De Anda probably does have him beat in ON THE FIELD/SIDELINES character and class. While character and class can go a long way in an athletes success it does not always translate into raw skill and productivity. If De Anda got 30-50 carries a game for Montwood their record would be 4-5 right now instead of 6-3 and he WOULD NOT have the same productivity.

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Quote: Cats32
Quote: Spartandad
Freshman Spartans won over Montwood freshman 34-28.

JV Rams are up 1 TD to 0 over Spartan JV.
Thanks SpartanDad


Rams JV won it 33-0

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

I disagree...what makes MW good is the fact that they can run a spread offense and not rely solely on the run. If MW or any team for that matter had a RB like Fields or Hankins and a WR like Andrus, and a QB like Fernandez or Barfield, they would probably be undefeated.

Prior to last nights game De Anda had 188 carries, compared to Hankins who had 263, a diff of 75 carries, and Fields 237, a diff of 49 carries. Taking this into consideration, last night against Pebble Hills, De Anda surpassed the 1,000+ yards rushing for the season by rushing for 177 yards. Which serves as a credit to him considering MW doesn't have the luxury of having an experienced O-Line like some of the other teams. So despite the fact that De Anda has fewer carries then the other RBs, he is right up there with the top producing RBs in the city, including Dominguez (Franklin) who has 194 carries and Moya (Canutillo) who has 166 carries, and yet De Anda still managed to reach the 1000+ yards milestone with far fewer carries then his competition.

So should De Anda be in the conversation on who are the best RBs in El Paso? Absolutely yes!

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Great game Montwood. Definitely one of the best programs in the city and they played like it. Our boys played hard and showed some improvement, especially on defense. De Anda had a great game and really took it to us in the second half. Congrats to him. MW defense really stepped it up in the second half and shut our offense down. Both teams escaped without any major injuries and that's the good thing. Only 1 more week to go. Can't believe it's almost over.

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Quote: TrooperX
Quote: BeastofNE
Quote: Blazerland
MW RB De Anda scored 3 TDs and had 177 yards rushing last night, probably his best performance of the season. So maybe his dad will stop whining about him not getting the ball and trying to compare him to Josh Fields. Because there really is no comparison.


You're right no other Running Back in El Paso should be compared to Josh Fields because most every Running Back in El Paso does not get 30 to 50 carries per game. Maybe just our Deion Hankins may be compared to Josh Fields a little bit because Deion does receive lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of carries just as Josh Fields but in all honesty really we cannot compare Deion Hankins to Josh Fields because Deion has a Texas Tech offer and Josh Fields does not. So you're right no other Running Back compares to Josh Fields.

Just FYI that Montwood Running Back is a solid and talented back unfortunate for him that he has good receivers on his team and a quarterback that has happy feet and so they spread the ball and so the Montwood Running Back gets alot alot alot alot alot less opportunities than Deion and Josh. If that Montwood Running Back received 30 to 50 carries a game he might be at 2,000 to 3,000 rushing yards today.
Sorry Beast but I got to see both De Anda and Fields last week to make a side by side comparison. By my observation Fields easily has him beat in vision, speed variations, hands, blocking skills and is generally just visibly MUCH more polished! De Anda probably does have him beat in ON THE FIELD/SIDELINES character and class. While character and class can go a long way in an athletes success it does not always translate into raw skill and productivity. If De Anda got 30-50 carries a game for Montwood their record would be 4-5 right now instead of 6-3 and he WOULD NOT have the same productivity.


Trooper X,

I attend Pastor Fields church. His son is very active in volunteering within the community. Joshua is an usher and a member of the Youth Get Out to Vote council. Show me where Pastor Fields kid has shown less character on the sidelines? I would like to know because his father wouldn't stand for such behavior. DE Anda is a great running back. I don't know him personally. But I would never disparage his sideline character?

Yes, I am defending my Pastor son because I am around him at church; and when we volunteer in the community.

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Quote: BeastofNE
Quote: Blazerland
MW RB De Anda scored 3 TDs and had 177 yards rushing last night, probably his best performance of the season. So maybe his dad will stop whining about him not getting the ball and trying to compare him to Josh Fields. Because there really is no comparison.


You're right no other Running Back in El Paso should be compared to Josh Fields because most every Running Back in El Paso does not get 30 to 50 carries per game. Maybe just our Deion Hankins may be compared to Josh Fields a little bit because Deion does receive lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of carries just as Josh Fields but in all honesty really we cannot compare Deion Hankins to Josh Fields because Deion has a Texas Tech offer and Josh Fields does not. So you're right no other Running Back compares to Josh Fields.

Just FYI that Montwood Running Back is a solid and talented back unfortunate for him that he has good receivers on his team and a quarterback that has happy feet and so they spread the ball and so the Montwood Running Back gets alot alot alot alot alot less opportunities than Deion and Josh. If that Montwood Running Back received 30 to 50 carries a game he might be at 2,000 to 3,000 rushing yards today.


BeastofNE,

Fields does not get 50 carries a game. This is hyperbole!! You have definitely gotten this wrong.

Hankins has a scholarship from Texas Tech...good for him. I met Hankins, this young man is special on and off the field.

Joshua Fields has an appointment/offer from the prestigious Air Force Academy because of his athleticism, GPA, and SAT scores. Why are you comparing them? My Pastor son Jack Fields Jr played at Boise State but Aaron Jones turned out to be the better running back.

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Quote: Boaz
I disagree...what makes MW good is the fact that they can run a spread offense and not rely solely on the run. If MW or any team for that matter had a RB like Fields or Hankins and a WR like Andrus, and a QB like Fernandez or Barfield, they would probably be undefeated.

Prior to last nights game De Anda had 188 carries, compared to Hankins who had 263, a diff of 75 carries, and Fields 237, a diff of 49 carries. Taking this into consideration, last night against Pebble Hills, De Anda surpassed the 1,000+ yards rushing for the season by rushing for 177 yards. Which serves as a credit to him considering MW doesn't have the luxury of having an experienced O-Line like some of the other teams. So despite the fact that De Anda has fewer carries then the other RBs, he is right up there with the top producing RBs in the city, including Dominguez (Franklin) who has 194 carries and Moya (Canutillo) who has 166 carries, and yet De Anda still managed to reach the 1000+ yards milestone with far fewer carries then his competition.

So should De Anda be in the conversation on who are the best RBs in El Paso? Absolutely yes!
Well I did what Juco mentioned earlier and your numbers seem to be wrong Boaz. As of from the Americas game De Anda only has 118 carries for 913 yards. With the 177 yards yesterday that puts him at 1090 yards, but the amount of carries is unknown, which to me doesn't seem to be over 20 carries. So yes he does deserve to be on this list with what he's done and with what he's had to work with. Haters will always hate on these young athletes and it always amazes me how people on here act behind a computer. Enjoy these athletes (all athletes) cause the end is near for high school football in El Paso.

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Quote: Cats32
Show me where I compared him!! Never have, I've seen Josh since his city ball days and have always been amazed at that young man. Some people on here just like to make this crap up!!


Cat32,

Do not fall for this proverbial trap. I started watching your son last year. He is an excellent running back.

Americas plays power football; but they have had a few 1,000 yard receivers: Albert Delgado, Danny Garcia, Isak Washington et al. But Melton runs the football.

Montwood runs the spread which limits your son touches. When I do check on teams, I have not read where you trashed or compared Joshua Fields to anyone.

Keep me updated when I head down range in late November.

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Quote: TF-14 Infantry
Quote: Cats32
Show me where I compared him!! Never have, I've seen Josh since his city ball days and have always been amazed at that young man. Some people on here just like to make this crap up!!


Cat32,

Do not fall for this proverbial trap. I started watching your son last year. He is an excellent running back.

Americas plays power football; but they have had a few 1,000 yard receivers: Albert Delgado, Danny Garcia, Isak Washington et al. But Melton runs the football.

Montwood runs the spread which limits your son touches. When I do check on teams, I have not read where you trashed or compared Joshua Fields to anyone.

Keep me updated when I head down range in late November.
Thanks TF-14, but I don't fall into these traps. I have always loved watching high school football and have followed many players throughout the years. I realize some people on here are sacs and others are high schoolers trolling. Good luck down range and God speed!!

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

You are correct, it was a typo on my part, De Anda had 118 carries after the Americas game. Which means he reached the 1000 yard milestone with even fewer carries then I thought. And he still has one regular season game and at least one playoff game left to add to his stats. So congrats to him!

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills
Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Quote: TF-14 Infantry


Trooper X,

I attend Pastor Fields church. His son is very active in volunteering within the community. Joshua is an usher and a member of the Youth Get Out to Vote council. Show me where Pastor Fields kid has shown less character on the sidelines? I would like to know because his father wouldn't stand for such behavior. DE Anda is a great running back. I don't know him personally. But I would never disparage his sideline character?

Yes, I am defending my Pastor son because I am around him at church; and when we volunteer in the community.



I agree with you 100% Infantry and usually do but please stop fibbing on who you are. It's ok to come on here and defend your son. Nobody will fault you for it.

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Saw it this morning Spartan, yea it was a good article!! Thanks

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Quote: 6A football
Quote: TF-14 Infantry


Trooper X,

I attend Pastor Fields church. His son is very active in volunteering within the community. Joshua is an usher and a member of the Youth Get Out to Vote council. Show me where Pastor Fields kid has shown less character on the sidelines? I would like to know because his father wouldn't stand for such behavior. DE Anda is a great running back. I don't know him personally. But I would never disparage his sideline character?

Yes, I am defending my Pastor son because I am around him at church; and when we volunteer in the community.



I agree with you 100% Infantry and usually do but please stop fibbing on who you are. It's ok to come on here and defend your son. Nobody will fault you for it.


TF-14 is not Pastor Jack Fields. He has never used a name on EPG. He does not comment on EPG. Just so you don't think I am him Ill leave my name.
Bill Smith

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Black and Gold the Ambassador to the Fields.

Just playing Black and Gold don't get all worked up. It was a exciting game last night up until our boys took over and owned it right before the half.

Re: Game 9: Montwood Vs. Pebble Hills

Trooper X once again showing how little he knows about football. Yes maybe your son was all-district wannabe but that doesn't make you a football recruiter.



w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m