EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Coronado vs Franklin (Thursday Night)

Predictions by score only!!! No illustrations just scores!

Franklin-31 Coronado-14

Re: Coronado vs Franklin (Thursday Night)

Coronado 35 Franklin 21

Franlkins defense could barely slow down Socorro and pebble hills so I doubt they can handle Coronado

This game is Coronado's entire season in a basket since they are not advancing to the playoffs.

This is Coronado's SUPER BOWL so to speak.

Coronado knows they stunk all season and this is the game that will help them reduce that horrible stench somewhat.

Good luck to whichever team wants it more. Coronado their SUPER BOWL or Franklin one step closer to sealing a spot TEXAS STATE PLAYOFF.

Juco
This game is Coronado's entire season in a basket since they are not advancing to the playoffs.

Coronado knows they stunk all season and this is the game that will help them reduce that horrible stench somewhat.

Good luck to whichever team wants it more. Coronado their SUPER BOWL or Franklin one step closer to sealing a spot TEXAS STATE PLAYOFF.
because Franklin is somehow gonna beat Americas?

Hmmmm
Juco

I swear some of you people either (A) do not know how to read as in comprehending and understanding posts by people or (B) do not read all the way through a post from beginning to the last period of a post.

Read my post again. I said ONE STEP CLOSER. Do you not know what that meant?

I will repeat it again and this time I will go slow.

This game for Coronado is like their SUPER BOWL and This game for Franklin for them is ONE STEP CLOSER to sealing a spot in the TEXAS STATE PLAYOFFS.

Coronado over Franklin

So who is the head coach at Coronado? Is it Bob Anderson or Tony Grijalva?

I like Coronado in a close one

Juco puts things into perspective. I agree. (Beef) who scores x amount of points on who really doesn't matter

I think Coronado will be on a mission to disrupt Franklins chances of going to the playoffs. I like Coronado on this one but it will be a tough 4 qtrs for them. Good luck to both teams, this will be a good one.

Hmmmm
Juco

uuuuh., Dude if they win they eliminate Coronado and Eastwood
They will be in; the Americas game will mean nothing
one step closer
nah they win they are in
playoff berth is on the line Thursday

check that
If ELDO beats Americas...they become huge Eastwood and Franklin fans
at least for last week

Play off hopes on the line. I love it.

Coronado in a shootout

Surprised this topic has not been deleted yet, all others on this game have been.

footballjunkie go else where with your comments that don't pertain to the prediction topic!

observer
footballjunkie go else where with your comments that don't pertain to the prediction topic!

You go elsewheres, i was just stating a fact.
But to the predictions, If Franklins defense shows up I believe they will win handily. If not it could be a long night. 28-21 Franklin.

Actually Coronado is not completely out of playoffs. If they beat Franklin and Socorro, Franklin loses to Americas which they will, and Eastwood loses to Montwood we have a 3 way tie for the final spot. Then we have a coin toss.

True.

Game day at UTEP.

Don't forget to give those updates, would apperciate it.

Absolutely

This game can go either way. I think both teams are evenly matched. The game is just as much about bragging rights as it is about making the playoffs.

Any scores

36-9 FHS

Meant 26-9

Bad 26-8 fhs

Franklin came to play tonight. I expected a much closer game.

26-16 4.33 left 4th qtr FHS.

33-16. Phillips 39 yard td run. 4.16 left

40-16 Dominguez 31 yd td run. 2.15 left

Coronado coaches need to hang it up. Anderson has 1 year to retirement, Ledoan too. They don't give a **** about our kids. They should be ashamed of themselves. Coaches should bring kids uo, not use them to get an easy retirement. Pathetic. God bless our kids.

Give credit where credit is due, Franklin played tough tonight, offense and defense. Congrats boys.

Rayzool88
Coronado coaches need to hang it up. Anderson has 1 year to retirement, Ledoan too. They don't give a **** about our kids. They should be ashamed of themselves. Coaches should bring kids uo, not use them to get an easy retirement. Pathetic. God bless our kids.

You guys loved him 3 years ago.......

Supporter
Rayzool88

You guys loved him 3 years ago.......
I don't know what's going on at Coronado but the whole vibe over there is like night and day in comparison to even just a few years ago. In 2011 I felt Coronado was one of the more solid programs in El Paso and it reflected on the field,in the stands and all around. They just seemed like they lived up to the "Pride of the West side" slogan.By my observation at the Easwood vs Coronado game this year ...not so much. Athletes, Coaches, and PARENTS/supporters are kind of pitiful in comparison to just a few years ago. Hope they can figure it out. Good luck TBirds...

Congratulations Franklin!!! Great Victory!!!

2016 Westside Bowl Champions!!!!!!

Who will Franklin have in that 1st round playoff match up?

I thought Coronados defense played pretty well
Looks like they need more players on offense; just my
Impression of them. Not sure about Anderson: but he has only
had one decent year!...I'll let the Coronado fans speak to that!
Great game Cougars!!

observer
Who will Franklin have in that 1st round playoff match up?

Probably Midland at Midland still early though. Anything can happen today and next week.

Coronado's fall has been consistent. And will continue to be that way until this coaching staff is removed. They do NOT coach our kids up... Anderson will not let our defense rush. Not even on 3rd and long plays, opposing qb's have all the time they need to wait until their receivers can zig zag and come back to get the ball. No defensive secondary can cover for 5-6 seconds. Anybody that watches our film should just throw all the time. We do NOT adjust. We have a great defense, we really do, but Anderson ties their hands behind their backs. In our Montwood game, they came back 21 points by just dropping back and waiting until coverage would break.

Our offense has tried to transformed every year. We are supposed to be a fast paced offense yet our qb runs to the sideline for every play. Our qb throws off balance and wherever to get rid of the ball. No sense of urgency and NO leadership. Our senior should have been put in along time ago. We run about 3-4 plays over and over. No variations because these geniuses think our boys cant learn different offensive formations. Garcia is the definition of insanity.. trying the same plays over and over expecting a different result. Our shiftiest receiver, #10, was up against Franklins weakest DB all night and we didn't throw it to him.

We do not put the best 11 players on the field. We play to be mediocre. We do not hit at practice. We tackle rings. Rings do NOT make moves and stop and go. We are in real trouble of loosing players because its just too **** hard to watch incompetence keep our players from being the team they could be. The main core have to go. They are nice guys and liked personally. They are loathed as coaches. They have had their chance. The last class that was coached to WIN as freshmen, not learn, and that Brooks/Orasco coached up as varsity .....won district (2014). All down hill after that and the slide continues.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m