Forum: EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Eagles closing in on record

The Mighty Eagles are closing in on one of the most sacred of all Eagle records. Equaling the legendary 1967 teams 10-0 regular season record. That record has stood for 49 years from that year and is the ONLY 10-0 regular season record in the history of CHS, which spans 57 years. The 1967 team went 10-0,gave up just 34 points the entire season and finished the regular season ranked #1 in Texas in the old Class A by the Harris poll and #10 by the Associated Press (AP) poll. They completely dominated the All-District team and had some All West Texas selections. They actually had a game where they accumulated over 1,000 yards total offense, taking into account running , passing and return yardage. It will be a thrill to witness history. The honor could not come to a finer coach than Scott Brooks and his Staff and a finer and more Heroic group of young men. I pray all goes well and we will all have the honor and memory of witnessing a historic record equaled.

Re: Eagles closing in on record

Thank you for sharing I heard about this record but wasn't aware of the details. Just curious did that count playoff wins, preseason games?

Just regular season games from a magical football season.

With the way Coach Brooks acts on the sideline I'm not sure he deserves it.

Quote: not oscar

not oscar, you sound just like oscar

I thought there was a team in the 90s that were 10 -0 ,they were INDEPENDENT.

Quote: OrangeBird
Quote: not oscar

not oscar, you sound just like oscar

But he's not Oscar so he says not unless he's Oscar's twin.

Quote: Flint
I thought there was a team in the 90s that were 10 -0 ,they were INDEPENDENT.

You are absolutely right Flint! I believe it was two straight years they went 10 - 0. I will double check my yearbook!

Yes Fact check that please , if not 2 yrs 1 for sure I believe. The.

Pardon my ignorance but would independent mean that they did not belong to a division? Kind of like Cathedral?

Yes sir.

The 1993 team had a record of 9-0 and played as an independent governed by UIL rules but not competing in a UIL district. Good and talented team though and they did beat the HATED Fabens wildcats.

Quote: Blessed To See It All
The 1993 team had a record of 9-0 and played as an independent governed by UIL rules but not competing in a UIL district. Good and talented team though and they did beat the HATED Fabens wildcats.
Yes you are correct Blessed, I remember that game!! You guys had a huge running back that year.

RB name was Alex Ruelas. Broke a bunch of records.

Quote: Eagle 1
RB name was Alex Ruelas. Broke a bunch of records.
Yup that's him. He was all over the paper at the time!

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m