Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Game 10: Montwood Vs. Eastwood

I don't have much to say about this game, except that it will be a good game

Re: Game 10: Montwood Vs. Eastwood

Lol I'm a Eastwood fan this week.

Montwood should play their starters for only 1 quarter after that who cares what the score is put the back ups in and do not risk any injuries to starters and have them all healthy going into the playoffs.

Montwood should gift Eastwood the game like Coronado gifts games to teams but if Montwood senior players are cocky and stubborn and want to play and be in the game then they deserve what they get if injuries happen.

Edgar
Montwood should play their starters for only 1 quarter after that who cares what the score is put the back ups in and do not risk any injuries to starters and have them all healthy going into the playoffs.

Montwood should gift Eastwood the game like Coronado gifts games to teams but if Montwood senior players are cocky and stubborn and want to play and be in the game then they deserve what they get if injuries happen.

Obviously youve never played a down because no team goes into a game gifting a win. If a team looses going into the playoffs it kills momentum.

mark50doza
Edgar

Obviously youve never played a down because no team goes into a game gifting a win. If a team looses going into the playoffs it kills momentum.

Momentum??? Really??? Did you just say that??? Either your players are good or they are not.

You think if Montwood beats Eastwood a 3-3 team that Montwood will somehow have a advantage going into the playoffs??? Are you serious???

Edgar
mark50doza
Edgar

Momentum??? Really??? Did you just say that??? Either your players are good or they are not.

You think if Montwood beats Eastwood a 3-3 team that Montwood will somehow have a advantage going into the playoffs??? Are you serious???

Edgar more like??? Dude, seriously, so have you played a down in your life, apparently not. Why would Montwood go into a game playing to lose, you do not make any sense bro??? So, going into the playoffs with a loss is not going to hurt..... really. Are you serious??? Who got you into the playoffs, the players that have started from the beginning of the season.

Wrong...play to win! That means putting the best 11 kids on the field. The playoffs will come with it's own set of challenges...so cross that bridge when it comes.

Isn't Montwood playing for a share of the district title!?!??! Why would they rest their starters for the playoffs?? That just sounds silly!

Fanatic
Isn't Montwood playing for a share of the district title!?!??! Why would they rest their starters for the playoffs?? That just sounds silly!

Because titles won in the playoffs taste sweeter and they mean alot alot alot more than a local el paso district title.

Texas state playoff bidistrict titles, area titles, quarterfinal titles, semi final titles and state titles taste sweeter but yeah I guess a district title will be ok but it would suck for the team and they will feel stupid and regret if main starters and playmakers on their team got injured before the playoffs.

Eastwood has nothing to lose because they are not going to the playoffs. Eastwood players I'm sure are upset about this and will play dirty dirty dirty dirty.

Should be a good game. Montwood pulls their starters before the game is in the bag then they will show themselves to be a team destined to be blown out first game of the playoffs!
Teams with a real winning mindset playing for a potential piece of the District Championship DONT PULL PLAYERS! If this was the case teams like the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS would be pulling starters once they had a solid lead in every game. They don't do that because they have a winning attitude and that's not what REAL potential champions do. Let em play and let the best team win! GO TROOP!!!

Should be a good game. Both teams should play to win!

epgerm
Should be a good game. Both teams should play to win!

Troopers with the Win. And it will Not be an upset.

Your right it won't be an upset. Montwood will win this game and more than likely making it an exciting game as well. Good luck to both teams Friday night. Go Rams!!!

Cats32
Your right it won't be an upset. Montwood will win this game and more than likely making it an exciting game as well. Good luck to both teams Friday night. Go Rams!!!

Can Montwood get lucky again ?

Troop
Cats32

Can Montwood get lucky again ?

You're funny.

Did Eastwood make it to the playoffs this season?

Should be a very good game. I agree if montwood is thinking of "resting" their starters for playoffs..they're gonna get spanked the first round...I'm sure they're trying to add as many trophies as they can to the trophy case..Again it should be a very interesting match up.

Cats32

FEEED #32 FEED #32 FEED #32 Ok I am bias lol

I like #32 as well but let's not forget Eastwood held Josh Fields to 89 rushing yards when they played last month. No other team has been able to do that this season against Fields in ELP. So I have to give Eastwood's defense some credit. MW needs a balanced pass/run attack against Eastwood. That's my unbiased opinion.

Boaz, you didnt go to that game huh? Fields didnt get the ball as much as usual, for some reason. #30 did most of the work. not taking away from Eastwood D, but you cant always go off of stats

J. Fields and S. Dominguez are the best backs in 6A. No need to feed "32" just keep it balanced.

TxMex10
Boaz, you didnt go to that game huh? Fields didnt get the ball as much as usual, for some reason. #30 did most of the work. not taking away from Eastwood D, but you cant always go off of stats

Are you sure you went to that game? # 30 carried the ball 3 times for -2 yards. Fields carried it 22 times.

eastwood wins and that's not an upset. hope the weather permits a good game. coaching will decide the outcome

Rain should be on the westside of town by 7pm kickoff

val
eastwood wins and that's not an upset. hope the weather permits a good game. coaching will decide the outcome

I see you're in denial. Let me help you with that and bring you into reality with some facts.

Fact #1
Montwood has 5 wins with 1 loss in district 1-6a play

Fact #2
Eastwood has 3 wins with 3 losses in district 1-6a play

Fact #3
Montwood beat Eastwood last year and most of Montwood's players were sophomores and juniors like Tyreese Andrus, Andrew Fernandez, Evan de Anda, and others.

Fact #4
Montwood beat Franklin at Franklin stadiums this season

Fact #5
Eastwood lost to Franklin at Eastwoods stadium this season

Fact #6
Montwood is going to the Texas state playoffs

Fact #7
Eastwood is NOT going to the Texas state playoffs.

I can go on with factoids but if you are no longer in denial you should see my point that Montwood is clearly the favorite. So if Eastwood beats Montwood it will be considered an upset by many.

In my opinion Montwood will play it safe. Conservative as they cannot afford injury to any of their starters as next week they are in the Playoffs and Eastwood's season ends with this game against Montwood. Eastwood more than likely views this game as their mini super bowl and want to win bad as they have had a disappointing season as they are NOT going to the Playoffs and would like to close this season on somewhat of a good note.

Keep in mind that for a mass majority, if not all of Eastwood's seniors, will be playing in their final high school football game. So that may be the only motivation that the Troopers need to win this game, not to mention getting revenge for last season's lost to MW.

Juco
val

I see you're in denial. Let me help you with that and bring you into reality with some facts.

Fact #1
Montwood has 5 wins with 1 loss in district 1-6a play

Fact #2
Eastwood has 3 wins with 3 losses in district 1-6a play

Fact #3
Montwood beat Eastwood last year and most of Montwood's players were sophomores and juniors like Tyreese Andrus, Andrew Fernandez, Evan de Anda, and others.

Fact #4
Montwood beat Franklin at Franklin stadiums this season

Fact #5
Eastwood lost to Franklin at Eastwoods stadium this season

Fact #6
Montwood is going to the Texas state playoffs

Fact #7
Eastwood is NOT going to the Texas state playoffs.

I can go on with factoids but if you are no longer in denial you should see my point that Montwood is clearly the favorite. So if Eastwood beats Montwood it will be considered an upset by many.

In my opinion Montwood will play it safe. Conservative as they cannot afford injury to any of their starters as next week they are in the Playoffs and Eastwood's season ends with this game against Montwood. Eastwood more than likely views this game as their mini super bowl and want to win bad as they have had a disappointing season as they are NOT going to the Playoffs and would like to close this season on somewhat of a good note.

I think Eastwood will win regardless of your "factoids" lol. It's all about how the 2 teams matchup against EACHOTHER!! None of this "we beat this team this many and they lost to this team by this much..." Montwood will struggle running the ball.. In my opinion they will have to win the game throwing the ball... It's gonna sting ending your season on a 2 game skid. One to Eastwood and one to possibly Frenship... Again

Ram

Nobody cares what you say about this game anyway! Troop Wins.

Troop
Ram

You forgot to finish your comment. Here let me finish it for you.

Nobody cares what you say about this game anyway! Troop Wins this their last game of the season and will not be going to the playoffs. Season is over for the Troop.

Edgar
Troop
Ram

You forgot to finish your comment. Here let me finish it for you.

Nobody cares what you say about this game anyway! Troop Wins this their last game of the season and will not be going to the playoffs. Season is over for the Troop.

That explains why so many of their (eastwood) younger varsity players were brought down to JV last night. Haha do what you have to so you can win. Lol

Montwood Rams Playoff Bound!

That's Funny cause Eastwood only has 3 Sophmores on Varsity and they didn't move Down so when Montwood JV got whooped last Night it was all sophmores who did it lol

Trooper
That's Funny cause Eastwood only has 3 Sophmores on Varsity and they didn't move Down so when Montwood JV got whooped last Night it was all sophmores who did it lol

Roster of 60 + on JV , yeah right !!!! That was not the Team scouted the week against Pebble Hills. Pebble Hills WON. You know Ehs Fan.

Well if you were "scouting" at that game Ram Mom, you would've also noticed they lost 2 QBs that night that were on crutches the whole second half. Last night, only 1 junior if I'm not mistaken played on defense. No one moved down and the rest were sophomores, not even including the original Sophomore JV QB who's been on varsity the last 5 weeks as the backup. Take the whooping and move on. Go Troop!

JVTroop Papa
Well if you were "scouting" at that game Ram Mom, you would've also noticed they lost 2 QBs that night that were on crutches the whole second half. Last night, only 1 junior if I'm not mistaken played on defense. No one moved down and the rest were sophomores, not even including the original Sophomore JV QB who's been on varsity the last 5 weeks as the backup. Take the whooping and move on. Go Troop!

Yeah Right, everyone knows that was NOT the same team a couple weeks before. But hey, if that's what it takes to beat Montwood and your happy about it. Everyone wants to beat the BEST, and they will do what it takes.

Cats32
Like I said it won't be an upset!! Montwood continued to roll!! Good job Rams!!! Heck of a game by both teams!!

Congratulations tocayo

Let's not fool ourselves...it was a very hard fought win for MW. That ended with a very impressive comeback late in the 4th qtr. It was a total team effort led by one of the best QBs in the city Andrew Fernandez!

Boaz
Let's not fool ourselves...it was a very hard fought win for MW. That ended with a very impressive comeback late in the 4th qtr. It was a total team effort led by one of the best QBs in the city Andrew Fernandez!
So who's fooling who?? You fool yourself Boaz. Every game has been a hard fought game for these boys and even with 1 loss in district they still can't get any props. Your probably one of those that believes week in and week out Santa comes early gifting wins!!! Every game has been a hard fought game and I've said it before, these boys are scrapers that hate to lose, every game has been intense. So take your foolishness to some other thread! Go Rams!!!

This Cats32 guy has some serious anger issues and attacks anybody that doesn't give props to his son. Lucky for MW this is his last season playing for the Rams! The fact is MW almost blew this game if not for some key players...Tury and Eddie and a few others on offense and defense stepping up. MWs strategy to use wide receiver Andrus only as a decoy in the first half was not working. The Troopers controlled the entire game for three quarters and could have easily won. So I didn't see anything negative about Boaz comments, the only person looking like a fool is you. Enjoy your win and a share of the district title. And hope MW doesn't get embarrassed in the first round of the playoffs next week.

LuisH
This Cats32 guy has some serious anger issues and attacks anybody that doesn't give props to his son. Lucky for MW this is his last season playing for the Rams! The fact is MW almost blew this game if not for some key players...Tury and Eddie and a few others on offense and defense stepping up. MWs strategy to use wide receiver Andrus only as a decoy in the first half was not working. The Troopers controlled the entire game for three quarters and could have easily won. So I didn't see anything negative about Boaz comments, the only person looking like a fool is you. Enjoy your win and a share of the district title. And hope MW doesn't get embarrassed in the first round of the playoffs next week.
Why don't you digest what I said. Looks like you were just waiting to attack the fact that my son plays for Montwood instead of reading what I said. I'll say it again no one ever gives these boys any credit and every game has been a close one, but in the end they figure out a way to win and the W is all that matters. So enjoy watching the teams that made playoffs buddy! Go Montwood!!!

Cats32
LuisH
Why don't you digest what I said. Looks like you were just waiting to attack the fact that my son plays for Montwood instead of reading what I said. I'll say it again no one ever gives these boys any credit and every game has been a close one, but in the end they figure out a way to win and the W is all that matters. So enjoy watching the teams that made playoffs buddy! Go Montwood!!!
. Just let the MW boys play street ball and they will Win. Coaches are very lucky...

Eastwood people stop posting stuff and start focusing on your basketball or something.

Montwood has faced adversity all season and the Eastwood game was no exception but we are still here competing and Co-District Champions. Go Rams!!!

I was actually only talking about the Eastwood game. But it's all good, and congratulations once again to MW for being awarded Co-District Champions!

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m