​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Franklin @ Americas

Hahaha Americas D not as bad as Franklins D!!!

I'm not sure why Phillips didn't play... That had nothing to do with the 61 points scored...

Americas enjoy that jumbotron Eastlake Falcons build.

FALCONS NATION
Americas enjoy that jumbotron Eastlake Falcons build.

ha ha this is funny they are trolling Americas.

Franklin's defense; inconsistent
PAINFUL!! ; SAN ANGELO may score 80!

Maybe... Maybe not... like I said the game plan was right coaches can't tackle for the kids.

What's guaranteed is Franklin has the opportunity to compete in the Texas state playoffs.

Franklin has the opportunity to shock the state of Texas with an upset win over San Angelo. It's going to be tough as San Angelo is solid on both sides of the ball and Franklin has to travel up there which I believe is a 6 hour drive.

Anyways it's the Texas State Playoffs and what better to start the playoffs than to have the opportunity to compete against a quality top opponent who happens to be a Top 10 team in the entire State.

Good Luck Franklin and remember to have fun as you earned to be in the playoffs and remember to keep your head up no matter what. Enjoy the experience.

observer
Maybe... Maybe not... like I said the game plan was right coaches can't tackle for the kids.

Just trying to clarify the game plan that gave up 60+ points was right?????? Wow

observer

Hard to tackle for kids when fields runs 85 yards without being touched

observer

4 times

NO DEFENSE
NO PHILLIPS
NO TACKLING
NO CHANCE

SORRY JUST HOW I SEE IT

steve o
NO DEFENSE
NO PHILLIPS
NO TACKLING
NO CHANCE

SORRY JUST HOW I SEE IT

Phillips played 2 and a half quarters until he was knocked out of the game. Americas was hitting him hard he limped around the whole game. Don't know if he was hurt going in but he for sure was hurt during this game. I want to say he got hurt on a kick off return.

and as for the game plan.....seriously.......you can not be for real. Franklins defense doesn't exist we all know that. Hope Central does't put up 100. If phillips is hurt we will have a long day next week. Im really concerned with how many times Kaleb was sacked....he took a beating as well and so did Seth......

on another note......baca had a day like he hasn't had in a while that will help going into the playoffs.

seriously
steve o
NO DEFENSE
NO PHILLIPS
NO TACKLING
NO CHANCE

SORRY JUST HOW I SEE IT

Phillips played 2 and a half quarters until he was knocked out of the game. Americas was hitting him hard he limped around the whole game. Don't know if he was hurt going in but he for sure was hurt during this game. I want to say he got hurt on a kick off return.

and as for the game plan.....seriously.......you can not be for real. Franklins defense doesn't exist we all know that. Hope Central does't put up 100. If phillips is hurt we will have a long day next week. Im really concerned with how many times Kaleb was sacked....he took a beating as well and so did Seth......

on another note......baca had a day like he hasn't had in a while that will help going into the playoffs.

You don't know jackshet. Eric Phillips was playing injured as it happened the game before Americas which was against Coronado. Stop talking out of your ass and research your shet before you talk all tough.

CougarNation
seriously
steve o
NO DEFENSE
NO PHILLIPS
NO TACKLING
NO CHANCE

SORRY JUST HOW I SEE IT

You don't know jackshet. Eric Phillips was playing injured as it happened the game before Americas which was against Coronado. Stop talking out of your ass and research your shet before you talk all tough.

Don't know if you read where I said I don't know if he was hurt going in but he for sure was hurt during the game......so yeah he was limping around the whole game.....don't make excuses we didn't have a good year and got better during the year but lets be honest our wins have come against teams with losing records.....so calm down

Observer how can you say that it's not the DC? Did you at home the same game that everybody else watch? Anytime they ran tha ball it was only 2 the right and you mean to tell me that you can't adjust 2 the run? Obviously they are a quote power run team and you mean to tell me you can't adjust to it. There was many different ways to beat that run. Yeah the kids did miss tackles not denying that utilizes if the coach had put them in better position to make a better chance at making a tackle then maybe that kid would not have almost 250yrds rushing. Like I said before and I say it again out with the old in with the new it is a shame that 1. You a head coach and your playbook is horrible with the same plays. It's about able to adjust and those coaches show time and time again why they lose or giving up big yards and plays. I'm just saying I have never in my life of playing football and watching football to where one school with talented kids get beat that many times with the score 60+. 5 games out of 10 where you get beat 60+ with giving up 4 or 5 hundred yrds don't make since. When most or all the kids played with the Texas Tribe they had way more plays on both sides of the ball and made adjustments. It's to easy. Once again get coaches in that wanna win and can win.

I can't even comprehend what was just typed

Lol @ supporter

Watch film kids were in positions to make plays and didn't want to! Cray cray I've bashed the DC all year I just thought this game was different, 8-9 man in the box what else can you do?

observer
Watch film kids were in positions to make plays and didn't want to! Cray cray I've bashed the DC all year I just thought this game was different, 8-9 man in the box what else can you do?

Ask the Americas coaches to coach ur team up or get better players, that's all u can do, sorry

The problem with Franklin's 4-4 defense is that it has not addressed the alley lanes off the tackle and it continues getting beat on the corners. Permian punished Franklin off tackle as did El Dorado and Americas. The OLB's must protect the outside, leaving the tackle, ILB and FS to make a play in the alley. Which is not happening. So, the DC must address and that is not happening.

Agreed, San Angelo may score 80. Someone said Franklin has a shot at pulling an upset. Wow, San Angelo will give them that shot, right in their _ ss!

Well they may lose..
but i don't see how anybody especially from 5A can keep the hate going
sick of the 5A fans....your own coaches know the entire 5A with Chapin is sorry
we asked for support..but you idiots wanna keep hating lets do it!!!
let see keep doggin programs I'm just getting warmed up
I've stayed quiet lets do this

purple wave
Well they may lose..
but i don't see how anybody especially from 5A can keep the hate going
sick of the 5A fans....your own coaches know the entire 5A with Chapin is sorry
we asked for support..but you idiots wanna keep hating lets do it!!!
let see keep doggin programs I'm just getting warmed up
I've stayed quiet lets do this

Keep crying and complaining but like someone else said, if you want to play with the weak teams and weak districts, cut your school in half and field two teams. Lets see how good you really are if your school only has 1400-1500 students.

Franklin is weak so stop crying. They would get stomped by some 5A programs. Typical and ignorant

Franklin at 4-4 and a playoff team. Not a playoff team and I would say they would struggle with the 5A programs. I heard they have a freshman starting in defense. Your team is weak if you are pulling up 9th graders because your upper class can't get it done.

My opinion if you give up an avg 50+ a game, you cannot be an average team. There are a few teams like El Dorado, Americas, And that have very good teams with quality players. The same for Chapin, Canutillo, Andress, Del Valle., and Eastlake. Those team could play in the 6A. Franklin don't hate on proven programs just because your team has not performed.

Franklin would beat any El Paso 5A team. Canutillo would be the only team that could beat them, only because of Canutillo's defense though. This 4-4 defensive scheme has been ther Achilles heel because they do not have the skill set at tackle, ILB and corner to compete against the top tier 6A teams. El Dorado, Americas and Montwood has proven that; each of these teams exposed Franklin's weakness of not protecting corner coverage and defending the off tackle alley.

franklin would win district in both 5a districts........please stop with the drama.......

Supporter
franklin would win district in both 5a districts........please stop with the drama.......

They have 2800 students. Of course they would probably win both districts. Canutillo would win the district Clint is in too. Canutillo would beat Cathedral and win the TAPPS independent title too. Doesnt matter. Schools HAVE to play at their level based on enrollment. How about Franklin worry about winning their district and beating the teams that are their same size and in their same playoff bracket?

Retread
Supporter

They have 2800 students. Of course they would probably win both districts. Canutillo would win the district Clint is in too. Canutillo would beat Cathedral and win the TAPPS independent title too. Doesnt matter. Schools HAVE to play at their level based on enrollment. How about Franklin worry about winning their district and beating the teams that are their same size and in their same playoff bracket?

ALLEN has close to 7000 kids
soooooooooo.....they are in our bracket
your argument is filled with CHIT; about school size!!!
This why i cant support Canutillo; funny; all year;
LOOK AT US: SOMEONE FIRES BACK AND SUDDENLY
THEY ARE THE BAD GUY
nah vato; abra la boca y sierra los ojos guey
your team 2-7 if you come to 6A
traigar bien

Purple Wave give it up dude. We finished 4-6. We are not a good team this year!!!!!!

Give it up Purple Wave. We finished 4-6. We are not a good team this year!!!!

Im with him though do t say your the vest but then turn around and say but you have more kids.....smh....just say we will be in playoffs longer. We all know there is no comparison

I like Franklin but we are not good so coming on hear arguing about what if is irrelevant. You can't take away the talent that's on Canutillo football team or any other school, regardless of size. Our performance has not been good this year. Yes we are 6A but we don't play well against other solid teams. We can't get stops and our kids are out matched.

But my point is Franklin would not be outmatched by canuts

We agree to disagree. They are better.

1 2
w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m