Forum: EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Chapin Hype?

Year by year Chapin looks really good in the regular season and end up winning the 1-5A district almost every year, but every year is the same story in which Chapin goes into the playoffs beats a 2-5A team (most of the time) in bi district and always lose in Area.My question is , is 2016 the year that Chapin can make some noise in the playoffs or will it end in an another disappointment? Dont get me wrong Chapin has the depth and talent to go deep in the playoffs but i just dont know why they always struggle. Is it possibly Coach Hernandez's fault as he can "only beat El Paso teams" or are out of team schools in 1-5A Div. 1 schools just that good?

Re: Chapin Hype?

Quote: EP Football Fan
Year by year Chapin looks really good in the regular season and end up winning the 1-5A district almost every year, but every year is the same story in which Chapin goes into the playoffs beats a 2-5A team (most of the time) in bi district and always lose in Area.My question is , is 2016 the year that Chapin can make some noise in the playoffs or will it end in an another disappointment? Dont get me wrong Chapin has the depth and talent to go deep in the playoffs but i just dont know why they always struggle. Is it possibly Coach Hernandez's fault as he can "only beat El Paso teams" or are out of team schools in 1-5A Div. 1 schools just that good?

They lost to Burges that alone should answer your question.

most over rated team all year
LOST TO BURGES- no need to say more
they will lose to EASTLAKE in first round if they draw them
PERIOD!

Quote: EP Football Fan

We're just gonna have to let it roll and see what happens

This team is loaded, it would be such a waste. Let's hope they straighten things out. Let's support them against out of town teams once they get there.

Quote: steve o
PERIOD!
I just feel like you always hate on chapin. They just had one off game. They'll get it together next week.

okay; Will they beat Eastlake?
and tell me why?

Quote: 915...
PERIOD!
I just feel like you always hate on chapin. They just had one off game. They'll get it together next week.

Like I said on the Franklin and Americas thread Playoffs are basically here some teams are getting stronger and others are getting weaker with some teams building momentum going into the Playoffs.

Now is not the time to have off games or basically sit back relax on the sideline drinking gatorade and looking at the girlies thinking which one you should call after the game.

Either you are in Texas State Playoff form and mode by now or you're not. Chapin did not look remotely close to being in Playoff form and mode versus Burges.

sounds like someone has a serious ax to grind. this is basically the same post as we already saw earlier in the year. most forums have a rule against necro-posting and this is essentially that.

Just hating on Chapin as usual, just waiting for the Huskies to fault and here come the haters bashing on them and discrediting them! I will admit that these past two games were mind boggling,but they are better than that.They are talented no doubt, but need to stay focus and 're gain that team bond.Anyways hope my Huskies get back on track and finish strong!Go Huskies!!!

They lose one game and now they are over rated? Yet when east lake americas el dorado and other teams lose they still look like playoff contenders. Stop bashing on the Huskies, they played a sloppy game and in result lost the game. If you've been following them since the season started you would know that they have a talented offense with a great deffense. And I GUARANTEE that they will bounce back with a great team win against Andress.

Quote: DreamCrusher
They lose one game and now they are over rated? Yet when east lake americas el dorado and other teams lose they still look like playoff contenders. Stop bashing on the Huskies, they played a sloppy game and in result lost the game. If you've been following them since the season started you would know that they have a talented offense with a great deffense. And I GUARANTEE that they will bounce back with a great team win against Andress.

It's not losing just one game it was losing to Burges. That's cause for concern.

Did not want to bring this up because I don't believe it to be an excuse but they were called back many times, and frustration set in. With that being said, They should have kept their cool and unfortunately they didn't.The chemistry amongs them was not were it was supposed to be and I'm hoping this was a wake up call. Can not excuse their loss but it happens,but I also know they have been working very hard and this loss was emberassing and devastating to them.

PERIOD!

it was just an off game they came out flat and thinking they were going to win,they learned i believe they will be going far in the playoffs if they play like they usually do just a lot of practice will fix the job

and tell me why?

I believe they will beat Eastlake if they draw them because they already shut them out this season. I understand that was a while ago but I think the Burges loss was good for Chapin. They had become overconfident and this was a wake up call. I'm actually happy this happened against Burges rather than against a team like Eastlake or Randall in the playoffs. Chapin will be back.

Quote: Football Fan
and tell me why?

I believe they will beat Eastlake if they draw them because they already shut them out this season. I understand that was a while ago but I think the Burges loss was good for Chapin. They had become overconfident and this was a wake up call. I'm actually happy this happened against Burges rather than against a team like Eastlake or Randall in the playoffs. Chapin will be back.

You are quite an optimistic person. Good luck with that.

Quote: Edgar

You are quite an optimistic person. Good luck with that.[/quote

and you are quite a hater. Obviously you're going off of one game but if you've been watching and paying attention to Chaplin you'd notice they have the talent and the defense. The real question is if east lake draws Chaplin will the falcons defense be able to stay with the offense of Chaplin?

Quote: Dreamcrusher

and you are quite a hater. Obviously you're going off of one game but if you've been watching and paying attention to Chaplin you'd notice they have the talent and the defense. The real question is if east lake draws Chaplin will the falcons defense be able to stay with the offense of Chaplin?

Chapin has a good defense No Doubt. As far as the loss,crap happens.. now if I remember right..Chapin scored 2 times before the half.. costly turn overs on Eastlake.. The second half Chapin didn't put up another TD.. We shut it down. So can we stop your Offense, i would say yes.. Can Chapin stop our offense with #8 back in the game this time around?
Go Falcons!!

Quote: Falcon dad
Quote: Dreamcrusher

Chapin has a good defense No Doubt. As far as the loss,crap happens.. now if I remember right..Chapin scored 2 times before the half.. costly turn overs on Eastlake.. The second half Chapin didn't put up another TD.. We shut it down. So can we stop your Offense, i would say yes.. Can Chapin stop our offense with #8 back in the game this time around?
Go Falcons!!

I'm so glad it seems Chapin/Eastlake will face each other. These two teams will meet with a chip on their shoulder, with something to prove, in a do or die situation. This should be pretty awesome to watch!! Let's hope it goes down

Dude are you stupid or something? I said that every year they are a disappoinment and if this year was going to be the same after such a strong start. I was never hating on Chapin, I want them to succeedd because they have the potential. I just feel that they disappoint year by year.

Quote: Nefra
Just hating on Chapin as usual, just waiting for the Huskies to fault and here come the haters bashing on them and discrediting them! I will admit that these past two games were mind boggling,but they are better than that.They are talented no doubt, but need to stay focus and 're gain that team bond.Anyways hope my Huskies get back on track and finish strong!Go Huskies!!!

Dude relax, my comment was NOT directed to you!! Why you crying?!! Lol!! understand that when you post,people will put their 2 cents ,so chill....

Even if they were playing with their backup QB and their potential game winning TD was called back by a Burgess alumni official. Chapin shouldn't have lost to Burgess. It's on Chapin to beat these weaker but hungrier teams. They just didn't show up.

Too bad.

Quote: 915...
PERIOD!

YOU WERE SAYING?????
bye bye....DEL VALLE WINS...same old CHAPIN
will end season 0-3 after next week

Didn't even get a piece of the district title..
over rated all year...which i have been saying..over and over

keep grinding that axe buddy...

Hey jumbo are you talking about your Cougars? Looks like Franklin hasn't done nothing special this year either Purple wave!!

Quote: DreamCrusher

???
Oops, didn't expect Andress to have Chapin kids dropping like flies. I thought Chapin was supposed to be physical?

?????
CHAPIN....i like Chapin; i like the QB ..Mondarius...the defense
Not sure why you mentioned me; BUT I HATE CANUTTLLO
AS FAR AS CHAPIN: DONT SEE YOU GUYS BEATING DEL VALLE
..it should be close

28-21 Del Valle

more to do with Del Valle than Chapin
just a better playoff coach!

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m