Forum: EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Bi District Championship Chapin vs Del Valle

Is Chapin finally going to wake up? Can DV put up points on Chapin's defense? It's going to be a good ol fashioned smash mouth football game!!

Re: Bi District Championship Chapin vs Del Valle

Del Valle will destroy Chapin! DV is peaking at the right time and Chapin is on a downward spiral!
Go 2-5A!

Game day

Thursday 7:00pm @Conquest Stadium

I've got DV by 17 👌

I wouldn't call Chapin in a downward spiral.

They lost their last two to Burgess and Andress, both playoff teams and only gave up 16 and 17 points. Those 17 were the most they gave up all season to any opponent. Yes they did lose, that can not be discounted but it was based on offensive struggles.

I bring this point up because Del Valle's strength is their offense and against stronger defenses this year they have struggled to put up anything over 21 points this season. Even considering Chapin's recent loses, NO ONE can deny that Chapin still has one of the best defenses in the city.

If Chapin can figure out how to play offense again (Last week against Andress was horrible) then they might have a legit shot at keeping it close and pulling off a win.

But, that is optimistic. My argument isn't that Chapin is going to win. It is simply that a Del Valle win isn't assured against this Chapin team.

Quote: BigHecIII

They lost their last two to Burgess and Andress, both playoff teams and only gave up 16 and 17 points. Those 17 were the most they gave up all season to any opponent. Yes they did lose, that can not be discounted but it was based on offensive struggles.

I bring this point up because Del Valle's strength is their offense and against stronger defenses this year they have struggled to put up anything over 21 points this season. Even considering Chapin's recent loses, NO ONE can deny that Chapin still has one of the best defenses in the city.

If Chapin can figure out how to play offense again (Last week against Andress was horrible) then they might have a legit shot at keeping it close and pulling off a win.

But, that is optimistic. My argument isn't that Chapin is going to win. It is simply that a Del Valle win isn't assured against this Chapin team.

Can you give us any insight of what the heck happened?

Will they get it together by Thursday? Or it is what it is now?

Chapin scored twice last week and only once while on offense.

QB and receivers just don't look like they are clicking anymore. QB almost looked hesitant to throw the ball.

Not sure what is going on with the team. Just hoping they figure it out for the sake of a good game on Thursday.

Will be a close game but I predict DV coming out with the win.

Quote: epgerm

Somebody posted on the team FB page that a few players, including one of the receivers got a virus & missed the Burges game. Idk if this is true or not or if those guys returned for the Andress game. I don't know anyone in the program anymore. Defense still seems to be playing well. I think most of Andress' point came after turnovers & poor punt snaps last week.

Quote: epgerm

Somebody posted on the team FB page that a few players, including one of the receivers got a virus & missed the Burges game. Idk if this is true or not or if those guys returned for the Andress game. I don't know anyone in the program anymore. Defense still seems to be playing well. I think most of Andress' point came after turnovers & poor punt snaps last week.

You speak nothing but the truth. Chapins Defense is great. At the andress game they allowed 44 rushing yards and 56 passing yards throughout the whole game. The 3 scoring drives Andress had a total of 22 yards! That being said, Chapins weakest point isn't the defense but the offense. They need to get back on track.

This game is all sorts of exciting! This will be a big test for DV QB Montez and his offense. Can Chapins NO FLY ZONE DB's Banks and Hernandez keep DV's WR's Garcia & Cortez in check? Can DV's stingy DL Rodriguez and Santibanez keep Chapins bulldozer RB Zubiate from trucking his way to the endzone? Then we have a Samoan Slugfest goin on at the line of scrimmage between Chapin's DL Lavea vs DV's OL Tuiauuluu not mention the other big men on campus Chapins DL wall McKnight and Suarez goin up against DV's pancake boys Ponce, Chavez, Tellez and Morales. Ohweeee can't wait for that one! Now comes the tricky question, Can Chapins QB Baird get it together and utilize his play making super stars WR's Wilson, Johnson and Held? If he does it's something beautiful to see. DV's DB's Sparks, Estrada, Yanez and Gardiner struggled early in the season but lately have been playing lights out. It's all going to come down to which set of skilled players wants it more on Thursday night. Well I'm really looking foward to this game and so is the rest of the City. See you all Thursday Night!

I got me a case of the game day jitters...Sh*t is about to get real tonight! Wooooooooo!!!

Del Valle 7
Chapin 0

2:00 2nd qtr

Del Valle 7
Chapin 3

Halftime

Chapin up 10-7 3Q

Chapin and Del Valle scored a touchdown apiece

Del Valle 14
Chapin 10

3:44 3rd qtr.

Sorry for delay. Had to recharge phone.

Start of the 4th

Same score.

Del Valle 14
Chapin 10

7:09 4th qtr

Same score

Chapin on Del Valle 6

2:30 left in game.

1st down

6 yard rush. Touchdown.

Chapin 17
Del Valle 14

2:14 left in game

3rd down on Chapin 10 yard line.

29 seconds left

4th down

Ball on 5

5 seconds!!!!

Chapin stops rush up the guts.

CHAPIN WINS!

17-14

I'm hoping that with this win by Chapin it will give the young players some confidence and some momentum going forwards. This next round we all go in for EP!

Hate to quote myself but as I said, Chapin's defense kept Del Valle under 21 (14) and kept it close enough for Their offense to make an appearance.

Andress and Burges both got eliminated
2-5A is much better
not even close
good win though

Quote: Coronado 77
Andress and Burges both got eliminated
2-5A is much better
not even close
good win though

Burgess was whipping on Canutillo most of the night and lost 33-26. Andress left over 20 points on the fields with missed extra points, turnovers, and fields goals and lost 35-32. Idk how it wasn't close, but they were great games. Much better? I don't think so at all. It could've easily been 4-0 1-5A or 4-0 2-5A and all games were close.

DV should have kicked the field goal for the tie. Force overtime and not just give up and lose like that. Kids deserved more than that. Terrible lost.

Chapin good game. That running back of yours is a hard runner. Go and win the next one. I'll be supporting you.

Bad decision at the end DV. Should've kicked for the field goal, overtime, regroup. Play harder for the win. Kids worked hard all season to end like this.
Congratulations Chapin, good luck.

I feel ya! Felt the same way when my Huskies lost back to back. They too have work so hard and have to deal with all the negativity that came with loosing. After all was said and done,not one team won easily in 5-A (although some thought they would) all games could have gone either way and that was exciting to see! To those who lost,feel proud for giving it your all. For those who won,keep fighting to the end!!!

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m