EP GRIDIRON
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Burges @ Canutillo

Burges just finished the season defeating El Paso High to make it into the playoffs, and Canutillo finished the season defeating Eastlake. Burges and Canutillo will face off Thursday night for advancement in the playoffs. What are your thoughts?

Re: Burges @ Canutillo

Canuts no doubt at all

Canutillo and 5A El Paso teams get the luxury of playing a El Paso team the first round of the playoffs while 6A El Paso teams have to travel out of town and play out of town teams.

Ofcourse Canutillo, Eastlake, and Del Valle are going to win everyone and their grandmother knows this.

Canutillo, Eastlake and Del Valle are like getting bye weeks in the first round. Gimme games. Cupcakes

Rudy
Canutillo and 5A El Paso teams get the luxury of playing a El Paso team the first round of the playoffs while 6A El Paso teams have to travel out of town and play out of town teams.

Ofcourse Canutillo, Eastlake, and Del Valle are going to win everyone and their grandmother knows this.

Canutillo, Eastlake and Del Valle are like getting bye weeks in the first round. Gimme games. Cupcakes

When will the hate stop? Lol

Rudy, move schools, get married, get a good job, win a out of town playoff game, do something bro. We only play the teams they put in front of us within our enrollment class. If your not happy with yours, let little junior go somewhere else.

Rudy

Good job Rudy for pointing out the obvious and what we've known for years. Why don't you go cry to the uil. And if you think they are cupcake games why don't you ask chapin about cupcake games. On any given day buddy, that's in all levels of competition, high school to the pros!! Tool!

Rudy

Are you the idiot that said the epgidiron was going to shut down and you are still posting.
Just shut the f**k up dude !!!

FALCONS NATION
Rudy

Are you the idiot that said the epgidiron was going to shut down and you are still posting.
Just shut the f**k up dude !!!

Yeah Rudy shut the hell up. Why did you make that shet up??? Even I was believing your the crap coming out of your mouth. So Rudy do us all a favor and stop posting.

Rudy

Go to your local school officials and tell them to cap enrollment at each 6a school. If every school has a max of about 2000 students then they will be able to play in the "weak" bracket. Lets build even more high schools so that poor little Timmy and Johnny dont have to go out of town to play the big bad white boys from the Permian Basin or the Panhandle!

You know DV,Eastlake ,Canuts ,Chapin these teams are never crying about who they play next ,that why they always go further in the Playoffs but poor old 6A always crying crying and crying about who their playing next .They crying because they are from out of town, because they are black and because they are white and because the hotel beds were to hard and the trip was to long and our fans didn't go .FOR ONCE DO SOMETHING, LIKE BELIEVE.

Believe! That was the key to the 2014 Eagles, and I think this 2016 class has it too! They believed in themselves, and set their goal to win state. Over the season, their belief in themselves and dedication to each other transferred to us as parents and fans! I see a lot of the same qualities in this year's team, so I believe!

That's what these 6A players need to do! Those out-of-town teams have been their "boogie man" for so long, those kids don't think they can compete! Our boys played teams with much bigger kids and with multiple D1 offers, but they weren't intimidated by anyone! They played their game, believed, and even though they fell short of their goal, they went farther and flew higher than any of us ever thought they could!
So, all teams representing The El Paso area, believe in yourself and your teammates! Make El Paso proud!!

Believe is a too strong of a word for some people. The only thing they truly believe is that 6A is the Mecca of football in El Paso. Lol

Aside from all the hate that has been thrown at us lately, I for one still believe that our players are just as good as all others in the state. Sound familiar?

Retread
Rudy

Go to your local school officials and tell them to cap enrollment at each 6a school. If every school has a max of about 2000 students then they will be able to play in the "weak" bracket. Lets build even more high schools so that poor little Timmy and Johnny dont have to go out of town to play the big bad white boys from the Permian Basin or the Panhandle!

Your weak !!

FALCONS NATION
Retread
Rudy

Your weak !!

Puro Canuto! Go talk to your school officials and ask them to move you out of 2-5a cause youre scared of big bad Canuto! How many times in a row have you lost to the Eagles now?! Haha

Hey rolypoly is that what you did? Cause you sure dropped from 1-5A real quick hahahahah. Sucker

As I have said before, many think that EP 6A is the ultimate but the majority of the athletes are not at the level they think they are. A select few. Outside of EP those players would struggle at the 4A level. It is what it is. I hear the same crap from the Franklin fan base and it is comical. If an athlete is talented, who cares what district he played for. I spoke to a Franklin parent a few weeks ago and he believes his 5-10 195 lbs lineman has a chance to play D1 because of the Franklin status and connections. He has no clue what college level lineman look like. Too funny but sad!

ElPasoan
Hey rolypoly is that what you did? Cause you sure dropped from 1-5A real quick hahahahah. Sucker

Canuto would have romped over all them boys this year. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

We will see how good that district is after this game. 2-5a sweep would be great.

No I songbird know it. But it's okay we don't have to see them get destroye have fun in 2-5A

It's funny how people think that 5A has a bye in the first round of the playoffs. What happens when they get to the second round? Do they play a first round out of town team? NO, they play a second round out of town team! And then you have 6A people putting down 5A for playing "cupcake" schedules. Remember 6A, you do have the enrollment advantage to 5A schools but are equals to all other 6A schools in Texas! What's the difference is that some schools work harder on the off season than others and advance in their given district. You 6A people cannot compare yourself to 5A and 5A should not compare to 6A! The enrollment plays a big part! Each should compare themselves to their own district! End results are given when its all over!!! Good luck to all EP schools and Go Canutillo!!!

Eagle 1
It's funny how people think that 5A has a bye in the first round of the playoffs. What happens when they get to the second round? Do they play a first round out of town team? NO, they play a second round out of town team! And then you have 6A people putting down 5A for playing "cupcake" schedules. Remember 6A, you do have the enrollment advantage to 5A schools but are equals to all other 6A schools in Texas! What's the difference is that some schools work harder on the off season than others and advance in their given district. You 6A people cannot compare yourself to 5A and 5A should not compare to 6A! The enrollment plays a big part! Each should compare themselves to their own district! End results are given when its all over!!! Good luck to all EP schools and Go Canutillo!!!

You're right people should not compare El Paso 6A teams to El Paso 5A teams

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT now I know that is a big dam BUT

Consider that teams like Franklin and Montwood will be traveling out of town in the 1st round of the playoffs while ALL El Paso 5A teams will be nice and cozy playing their 1st round playoff games here in El Paso.

Do not reply in retaliation to this comment of mine for it holds nothing but 100% truth and if you look to undermine this truth you are a utter fool.

TheTruth
Eagle 1

Consider that teams like Franklin and Montwood will be traveling out of town in the 1st round of the playoffs while ALL El Paso 5A teams will be nice and cozy playing their 1st round playoff games here in El Paso.

Do not reply in retaliation to this comment of mine for it holds nothing but 100% truth and if you look to undermine this truth you are a utter fool.

Utter fool I'm not! Rest asure, I would think most EP 5A schools would love to play a first round out of town school. But you would be an "utter fool" to think once these 5A EP schools get to the second round, they will be facing a first round team! And on top of that, very disappointing for EP 5A schools be competing and even beating some 6A schools! Should not happen! But it is! Good luck to all EP Schools in the playoffs!

Eagle 1
TheTruth
Eagle 1

Utter fool I'm not! Rest asure, I would think most EP 5A schools would love to play a first round out of town school. But you would be an "utter fool" to think once these 5A EP schools get to the second round, they will be facing a first round team! And on top of that, very disappointing for EP 5A schools be competing and even beating some 6A schools! Should not happen! But it is! Good luck to all EP Schools in the playoffs!

Congrats you're now an utter fool and there's a big difference between just playing a out of town team in the 1st round of the playoffs to traveling and playing a out of town team in the 1st round of the playoffs several hours away from El Paso like Franklin and Montwood will be doing this week.

If you return and reply in retaliation once again to this 100% truth you will be officially crowned as the king of all fools.

TheTruth
Eagle 1
TheTruth
Eagle 1

Congrats you're now an utter fool and there's a big difference between just playing a out of town team in the 1st round of the playoffs to traveling and playing a out of town team in the 1st round of the playoffs several hours away from El Paso like Franklin and Montwood will be doing this week.

If you return and reply in retaliation once again to this 100% truth you will be officially crowned as the king of all fools.

Yeah, And you will be my Queen! Congrats! One day you will get it! Truth is when we get into the 2nd round we will be playing 2nd round opponents! You can't get around that!!! Peace out and good luck to all EP Teams in the playoffs!!! See you at home my QUEEEN! Make sure the dishes are done!!!

The one huge advantage working for Canutillo over Burgess is their quickness on the defensive side of the ball. Burgess is a strong team but looking at their four loses, three of which were against playoff teams, they just simply don't have the fire power to overcome what Canutillo may throw at them.

I wouldn't mind seeing Burgess win, but I think it's unlikely against a very strong Eagle team.

BigHecIII
The one huge advantage working for Canutillo over Burgess is their quickness on the defensive side of the ball. Burgess is a strong team but looking at their four loses, three of which were against playoff teams, they just simply don't have the fire power to overcome what Canutillo may throw at them.

I wouldn't mind seeing Burgess win, but I think it's unlikely against a very strong Eagle team.

I would agree that Canutillo appears to hold the advantage. But Canutillo will not overlook Burges. Burges did also beat playoff teams. Good luck to both teams, they will need it in the 2nd round.

Maybe you should look at the teams our 5a teams will play in the second round. Most of those 5a teams beat all the 6a first round opponents with the exception of San Angelo.

Sooooooooo
Your over looking Burges
Better start worrying... your undefeated season is going
Up in flames;

C'mon Burgess!!! Get it boys

Score??

Cats32
C'mon Burgess!!! Get it boys
Score??

27-19 Eagles

Coach must have lit a fire under their butts

6 more for Canutillo.

33-19

33-26 4:35 left

Eagles win

Next game against Abilene Cooper time/location TBD

Cooper won their playoff game tonight vs Dumas, 37-14.

maybe you guys can be humble now
struggled with Burges

steve o
struggled with Burges

Lol.. U funny purple wave!! Or is dumbo Jim ?

steve o
struggled with Burges

In the playoffs there is no such thing as a weak team. Teams that have made it to the playoffs are here for a reason Steve O, no such thing as an easy game from here on out for any team still playing ball.

Actually my real name is John
Steve is my brother's name
thats what great about screen names
you can make chit up! hide stuff
just like Hillary
TRUMP ALL DAY

O Bryant btw
sine I'm being honest because this site
is coming down
I actually root for Parkland
have no ties to Franklin
and yeah Chapin is still over rated

RolyPoly
Eagles win

Next game against Abilene Cooper time/location TBD

Cooper won their playoff game tonight vs Dumas, 37-14.

This game will be here in El Paso

This game cannot be played in El Paso. Teams have to meet at the halfway point. Mire than likely it will be in Midland or Fort Stockton. It be great to play 2nd round playoffs here in El Paso but, will never happen. Plus we like to travel.

Team do not HAVE TO meet halfway. Coaches can do a home and home flip but Brooks would not do that.
Anyway, game is at Canutillo's second home. Midland's Grande Communication stadium. Friday. Eastlake plays before them on the same field so you can catch two El Paso teams with one road trip.

Dj Rookie Bear
Team do not HAVE TO meet halfway. Coaches can do a home and home flip but Brooks would not do that.
Anyway, game is at Canutillo's second home. Midland's Grande Communication stadium. Friday. Eastlake plays before them on the same field so you can catch two El Paso teams with one road trip.

Best wishes to both teams. Be advised that they clear out the stadium and make everyone pay to reenter after the first game. They did that in 2012 when El Do played SLC after Franklin played. Hopefully they changed the procedure but be prepared just in case.

w w w . e p g r i d i r o n . c o m